What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (4 Viewers)

Great send-up of Making a Murderer and The Jinx, but I still seem to laugh harder at the less ambitious episodes, like Old Lady House and last week's.  I guess I just like "classic" Sunny the best - these 5 characters bickering and doing stupid #### at Paddy's.
Agree. I barely laughed at this episode. The best part was the end when Mac says "I'll be back" and Charlie laughs saying "Who is that? Who is that?"

I'll have to go back and rewatch to see if I can catch that.  Who said it?
The unseen woman that Frank starts "chatting up" on his way back in to the building from the cab, when his mic is left open.  On screen, they print "#%@& you!" with the captioning, but there's no beep.  She clearly enunciates the F word.  I think editing the captioning that way is supposed to make you bleep out the word in your head, but I rewound it twice, you can definitely hear it.

The unseen woman that Frank starts "chatting up" on his way back in to the building from the cab, when his mic is left open.  On screen, they print "#%@& you!" with the captioning, but there's no beep.  She clearly enunciates the F word.  I think editing the captioning that way is supposed to make you bleep out the word in your head, but I rewound it twice, you can definitely hear it.
Mister falconing son of birds!

If you copied the transcript from this episode into a post here, it would contain more #s than a 15 year old girl's entire Instagram account. 

FX and all its XX's have said #### it let's just ####### curse until they ####### stop us

Jesus is watching, if not now soon

And against all odds this show seems lately like it's funnier than ever.  I was disappointed in The Mick though, seemed like humdrum network stuff

FX and all its XX's have said #### it let's just ####### curse until they ####### stop us

Jesus is watching, if not now soon

And against all odds this show seems lately like it's funnier than ever.  I was disappointed in The Mick though, seemed like humdrum network stuff
Tweet exchange I saw last night :

Random IASIP fan : "The FCC fines for this episode are going to be astronomical" (paraphrased)

Rob McElhenney : "Worth every penny."

Only one I have seen so far was the one where the niece didn't believe in birth control. Not every joke worked, but the ones that did had me LMAO. Also the plot to fool the niece into thinking she got pregnant to scare her straight seemed like something straight out of Sunny.
The niece is a smokeshow.

If it smells like #### you must acquit

I laughed my ### off with the smell talk
"if the #### shoe's a matcher, Charlie gets the scratcher!"

HFS I was dying.

Also, the mirrors on Frank's crocs and "Even the kid with the red balloon knew to look."

Last edited by a moderator:
Mac's exercise bike.  Lmao
I like how they did the build up for the unveiling of Mac's bike.  They have them all talking about the bike and then Dennis saying "Ok, I guess we're gonna have to go get Mac's bike" and then they cut to commercial.  All I could think about over the commercial was "man, this bike is gonna be messed up" and it didn't disappoint!

Wonder where they go with things now in future episodes now that Mac is out of the closet.  Lots of potential there...

Just started watching this on Netflix. 13 or 14 seasons worth? That's some serious binge-watching I'm going to be doing.

Not sure why I never got into this sooner but damn, it's nice to have a ####load of episodes that I can get through.

How do the seasons stand up to each other? Does it get better as they go along? Are there some dogs or are all solid?

Just started watching this on Netflix. 13 or 14 seasons worth? That's some serious binge-watching I'm going to be doing.

Not sure why I never got into this sooner but damn, it's nice to have a ####load of episodes that I can get through.

How do the seasons stand up to each other? Does it get better as they go along? Are there some dogs or are all solid?
Every season has been solid.  They definitely haven't mailed in it after all these years. 

The characters certainly evolve over time.  Frank, Dennis and Dee become more depraved people as the show goes on.  It's also nice seeing the recurring characters like the waitress, the McPoyle's, Rickety Cricket, Maureen Ponderosa, Charlie's uncle, the moms, Mac's dad, the lawyer guy they always have problems with, etc. 

The more recent seasons have fewer episodes - ten total.  So the product doesn't get diluted down with a ton of episodes each season and they are able to keep content fresh IMO. 

It is interesting how the show went from being at the pub all the time to barely seeing the pub at all now.  We didn't even see the pub last episode yet they still pulled off a fantastic episode. 

Next week looks good:

After finding out she's a male stripper's "rock bottom," Dee goes on a mission to prove she's the best thing that ever happened to him. Dennis takes over for the stripper with the help of his bag boy, Charlie. Meanwhile, Mac and Frank get sucked into a VR war game that causes Mac to develop his own case of PTSD.

So far I would rank 'em:

Hero or Hate Crime

Water Park

Old Lady House

Making a Murderer

Wolf Cola

Gang Turns Black

In the same style of them having a Frank centric episode last season showing one of his days, it also looks like we get an episode later this season of a Day in the Life of Cricket.  That should be solid. 

None are dogs.  I actually find the first two seasons to be the least funny, so if you like those, it only goes up from there.  Season 5 is may personal favorite although many favor season 4.  There are better and worse seasons as well as better and worse episodes within seasons, but nothing that will let you down once you're into it, IMO.

Every season has been solid.  They definitely haven't mailed in it after all these years. 

The characters certainly evolve over time.  Frank, Dennis and Dee become more depraved people as the show goes on.  It's also nice seeing the recurring characters like the waitress, the McPoyle's, Rickety Cricket, Maureen Ponderosa, Charlie's uncle, the moms, Mac's dad, the lawyer guy they always have problems with, etc. 

The more recent seasons have fewer episodes - ten total.  So the product doesn't get diluted down with a ton of episodes each season and they are able to keep content fresh IMO. 

It is interesting how the show went from being at the pub all the time to barely seeing the pub at all now.  We didn't even see the pub last episode yet they still pulled off a fantastic episode. 

Next week looks good:

After finding out she's a male stripper's "rock bottom," Dee goes on a mission to prove she's the best thing that ever happened to him. Dennis takes over for the stripper with the help of his bag boy, Charlie. Meanwhile, Mac and Frank get sucked into a VR war game that causes Mac to develop his own case of PTSD.
We've barely seen Paddy's all season long.  The shots away from the Old Lady House and the very end of Making a Murderer are it, if I'm remembering right.

Very few bad episodes.  Enjoy

None are dogs.  I actually find the first two seasons to be the least funny, so if you like those, it only goes up from there.  Season 5 is may personal favorite although many favor season 4.  There are better and worse seasons as well as better and worse episodes within seasons, but nothing that will let you down once you're into it, IMO.
It would actually be odd to go back and watch Season 1 with no Frank - which is strange for me to say because when they said he was joining for Season 2 I thought his character would mess up the show.  Boy was I wrong.

It would actually be odd to go back and watch Season 1 with no Frank - which is strange for me to say because when they said he was joining for Season 2 I thought his character would mess up the show.  Boy was I wrong.
He really helped the show's ### breathe 

When Charlie said the N word it was great. He was really trying hard to think of what the answer would be and was so proud of himself when he came up with it. 

:lmao:   so good.  some of the Dennis' reactions/looks Mac and others' comments were so under the radar hilarious.  felt like that episode was shot different than most, but I'm no cinematography nerd so who knows.

felt like that episode was shot different than most, but I'm no cinematography nerd so who knows.
I definitely felt like there was something different. I was thinking maybe it was acted a little differently. I think they were trying to deliver a message and not just trying to be funny, so maybe that came out in the acting? I found the episode funny, but necessarily an all time great and I think it's because it felt different. Maybe a rewatch will help. I think the best thing about Always Sunny is I can watch so many episodes over and over and over and laugh every time. I know what's coming (the lines and jokes), yet it still makes me laugh every time. That's pretty rare in most comedies.

Users who are viewing this thread