What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's time for the Tax Returns to be released. (1 Viewer)

BigSteelThrill

Footballguy
Every presidential candidate since 1968 has released his tax returns.   Since Nixon was caught cheating on his taxes.

Trump has been the POTUS for 2 full years and there is obviously plenty of nationwide uncertainty in every direction.  But this point of emphasis should have been demanded by his supporters/voters 3 years ago when he threw his hat in with all the other candidates left and right.

Every presidential candidate since 1968 has released his tax returns.   Since Nixon was caught cheating on his taxes.

Trump has been the POTUS for 2 full years and there is obviously plenty of nationwide uncertainty in every direction.  But this point of emphasis should have been demanded by his supporters/voters 3 years ago when he threw his hat in with all the other candidates left and right.
His taxes are under audit from the IRS. As soon at the audit is over, he is going to release them all. 

Clarity of his finances.  See: Nixon. 
it would the tax preparation services that will be gigged for any accounting errors right ?

the left want to see them so they can say "see, Trump isn't paying his fair share of taxes !!"  right? or maybe there are errors and Trump will be called something else for the errors made by his companies or tax preparers etc

its just anti-Trump ....nothing more, nothing less

it would the tax preparation services that will be gigged for any accounting errors right ?

the left want to see them so they can say "see, Trump isn't paying his fair share of taxes !!"  right? or maybe there are errors and Trump will be called something else for the errors made by his companies or tax preparers etc

It would depend on what the issue is, if there was one, obviously.

And it's not anti-Trump. I fully expect any Indy or Dem nominee to have their funds scrutinized.

If anything Trump is anti-honesty via disclosure.

Last edited by a moderator:

it's been done for every candidate the last 50 years and it's anti-Trump...got it.   :thumbup:

it likely would've helped avoid some of the problems that we have today by weeding Trump out in the primaries.  

The tax returns will provide information regarding his connections to Russian interests and will lead to obtaining further evidence regarding Russian influence over him and in addition his money laundering activities. This will eventually lead to prosecution or an earlier compromise where he resigns or agrees to not run for office.

The preparer gets the info from the client and the client signs a document confirming that he supplied correct info. So no.

This is the whole point.

People get to decide what is important. If you don’t think him cheating his taxes, that he funnels hush money through shell companies, washes money for Russians, donates money to “Trump Charitable Foundation” to buy crap for himself, or whatever he may do then that’s your perogative. Other people may find this important.

The guy said they would be shown, of course he lied about this because that’s all he does. 

This is the whole point.

People get to decide what is important. If you don’t think him cheating his taxes, that he funnels hush money through shell companies, washes money for Russians, donates money to “Trump Charitable Foundation” to buy crap for himself, or whatever he may do than that’s your perogative. Other people may find this important.

The guy said they would be shown, of course he lied about this because that’s all he does. 
TRANSPARENCY...if we've learned nothing else from the episode..

The tax returns will provide information regarding his connections to Russian interests and will lead to obtaining further evidence regarding Russian influence over him and in addition his money laundering activities. This will eventually lead to prosecution or an earlier compromise where he resigns or agrees to not run for office.
you cannot possibly believe that

Patience, Grasshopper. The Democrats heading committees have already indicated obtaining his tax returns form the IRS come January will be one the first orders of business.

Patience, Grasshopper. The Democrats heading committees have already indicated obtaining his tax returns form the IRS come January will be one the first orders of business.
It shouldn't have to be forced by Congress.

The people who voted for him, at this point, should be demanding it because they have America's interests at the forefront.

And better yet, would be Trump releasing them of his own volition.

I mean every other president since 1968 did it, but that doesn't matter to the cult.  What matters to  non-cultist is why he won't do it.  If he's as rich as he claims, what's the harm?  And if he doesn't donate to charity so what?  He bangs random skanks when his new wife is home with a just born infant, the christians won't care if he's not charitable.

Why is he so steadfast not to release them when in fact he said that he would?  Curious, non cultist minds, want to know. 

It shouldn't have to be forced by Congress.

The people who voted for him, at this point, should be demanding it because they have America's interests at the forefront.

And better yet, would be Trump releasing them of his own volition.
The people who voted for him don't really care and probably never did as it wasn't an issue to them at the time, as was his not setting up a blind trust for his business interests after he was elected. It seems they don't mind corruption or the appearnce of impropriety, providing they are getting what they want from him.

I can't wait until he releases like 3 pages of his 97 page tax return with half of those redacted and he says "See? Nothing to see here!"

I think we are all underestimating how hard Trump will fight not to disclose them. One thing the last three years has shown us is that, for whatever reason, he is clearly very motivated to avoid having his returns scrutinized. From my understanding, the law is pretty clear that the House can subpoena them, but that doesn't mean the White House won't come up with some novel argument as to why the law is unconstitutional, nor does it mean that five Supreme Court justices won't buy that argument.

No....it's fully assumed he isn't paying "his fair share" just like it's assumed of every rich person in a position to take advantage of the loopholes.  Given all the news as of late, the real information would be sources of his money.  It's plenty more than "anti-Trump" at this point.

well good luck ya'll ............ everything else Democrats have tried in over 2 years have failed, keep trying I guess

well good luck ya'll ............ everything else Democrats have tried in over 2 years have failed, keep trying I guess
Guess the midterms didn’t count.
To be fair....that really wasn't the Democrats doing something as much as a reaction to what Trump is doing and the electorate reacting to the complete ineptness.  He sort of has a point, but it's not what the one he is attempting to make.  I'm curious to know what "everything else" means in an administration where the GOP holds all branches.  Not a whole lot they could do on their own.  Fortunately his guy is just that bad.

I'm waiting for the insider trading counts - you know that the Trump family can't keep their grubby hands out of it. All they do is call up dad and egg him on to say/tweet some stupid statement that goes with their trade.

I think we are all underestimating how hard Trump will fight not to disclose them. One thing the last three years has shown us is that, for whatever reason, he is clearly very motivated to avoid having his returns scrutinized. From my understanding, the law is pretty clear that the House can subpoena them, but that doesn't mean the White House won't come up with some novel argument as to why the law is unconstitutional, nor does it mean that five Supreme Court justices won't buy that argument.
Yeah, this is not so easy as “Democrats are going to subpoena the returns, and then Trump will simply hand them over.” If you think that, I’m not sure where you’ve been the last few years.

We would literally be in the midst of a civil war if a black man pulled half the #### Trump has done.
It wouldn't have gotten that far, Obama would have been impeached long before this stage of his Presidency if Republicans controlled Congress. Refusing to release his tax returns would have been considered in the category of "High Crimes and Misdemeanors" (which is not specifically defined in the Constitution, they are whatever Congress says they are).

I'm waiting for the insider trading counts - you know that the Trump family can't keep their grubby hands out of it. All they do is call up dad and egg him on to say/tweet some stupid statement that goes with their trade.
Odd, I made the same statement in the tariff thread. And was ridiculed. 

How do Trump's boots taste?

Meh, I want them out there in a general sense because they are probative of conflict and compromise.  If they are additionally misleading, false, or otherwise expose more clearly disqualifying behavior, all the better.  

But that ship sailed for Trump's tax returns long ago.  He won that bet against the actual rigor inherent in the presidential nomination/election process.  And, at the time, he won bigly.  

I have little doubt that Meuller has what he needs and that the Trump Org and Charity investigations will be telling.  But releasing them for the sake of releasing them?  The fact that they're not already out there tells you all you need to know:. Trump is conflicted and compromised.  

Why not? There is a reason he hasn't released them, which suggests he is hiding something and income from Russian sources would seem like a good reason.
Wait, you think he's reporting the Russian income, if it exists?

He's hiding them likely to piss off liberals and also because he has a ton of write-offs and doesn't pay very many taxes.  He pretty much said the second one during one of the debates when he told Hillary he takes advantage of the tax rules she helped write.

Yeah, this is not so easy as “Democrats are going to subpoena the returns, and then Trump will simply hand them over.” If you think that, I’m not sure where you’ve been the last few years.
You just know Kavanaugh will end up being the deciding vote ruling that Trump doesn't have to hand them over

Wait, you think he's reporting the Russian income, if it exists?

He's hiding them likely to piss off liberals and also because he has a ton of write-offs and doesn't pay very many taxes.  He pretty much said the second one during one of the debates when he told Hillary he takes advantage of the tax rules she helped write.
Hey whats this 1099 from Ivan all about? 

Users who are viewing this thread