What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jalen Carter - Not as good as Kobie Turner but better than Kobe Bryant at talking trash (2 Viewers)

Carter obviously has the physical tools to succeed, but it seems like opposing players have been getting in his head. Threatening someone's family is definitely over the line.
it is certainly some b.s. the guy making this stuff up (Feliciano), is the same guy that just threw the starting RG of his team under the bus after he was sitting on the sideline during the SB. He also was saying things about the dead friend of Jalen's, so hard to blame Carter for fighting back to this bully who seems to love to talk but can't back it up.

The difference is quite a few of the 49ers players live on social media and love to talk about everything, making up their own side of the stories. other NFL players right now are not worried about social media but instead getting ready for next year
This is the 49ers to a tee. From the owner whining about how much the Chiefs hold, to Bosa whining about the fact there actually was construction going on outside their hotel when they visited Philly, to CMC whining about the fire alarm going off at their hotel Super Bowl weekend, to Bosa also whining about how much the Chiefs hold. Then they start throwing each other under the bus. So glad that team lost, we'd never hear the end of it, especially us Eagles fans haha.

And now it seems this guy is making stuff up, otherwise, why not show the real receipts of what you allege to be true?
can also go back to the prior year too when the 49ers cried for weeks after losing to the Eagles, then talked all kinds of stuff over social media like they were the one's to actually beat the Eagles and not the Chiefs. Just crazy for this to regularly occur for 1 organization
Weeks? LOL they were talking about it all the way up until December 3rd. They, like a certain division rival, got their True Super Bowl victory by beating the Eagles and getting that revenge they had sought for the better part of a full calendar year.

I think its funny though, that some of them IMMEDIATELY went onto X/Twitter to talk trash, to fans, about their teammates, almost anyone that would listen. And also to stir the pot with the Eagles.

Fans are funny too "At least we took the Chiefs to overtime! We lost better!"

Anyway, back to the Jalen Carter stuff - I would have to imagine if he *truly* made death threats and Feliciano *truly* shared those with the league, we would have heard about it via some sort of suspension or disciplinary action during the season.

But considering the fact he waited until AFTER THE SUPER BOWL to share this stuff, I am smelling fish.
Jalen Carter was the one who threw his hat back in the ring here. He called out Feliciano after Feliciano's twitter spat with a teammate. Feliciano said his comment was a result of what Jalen was saying. Considering he showed a screenshot of Carter's IG account with a picture of Feliciano's kids, I tend to believe it probably went down like that.
Seems like another case of defending a player because he's on your favorite team. If the teams were reversed, doubt Carter would be getting the benefit of the doubt from Eagles fans. Bet the term "scumbag" would be applied generously :popcorn:

But like I said earlier, if I had the choice of a nice guy personality or a dog personality on defense, I'm choosing the dog and what comes with that territory.
Well, I do have to say that you can have a "dog" personality without being a psychopath and threaten someone's family (if story is true). Not many playing OL or front seven on defense have "nice guy" personalities, at least when on the field, but I haven't heard of any others throwing these kind of threats around.

Carter wasn't even the best rookie DT this year. Kobie Turner was and it wasn't even really close.

Per Peter King:

Carter, Eagles: 599 plays, 6 sacks, 47 pressures, 27 defensive stops*

Turner, Rams: 729 plays, 9 sacks, 47 pressures, 45 defensive stops*

(A defensive stop is graded as a successful play made by a defender that stopped the offense.)

Carter wasn't even the best rookie DT this year. Kobie Turner was and it wasn't even really close.

Per Peter King:

(A defensive stop is graded as a successful play made by a defender that stopped the offense.)

Oh, I was just commenting on the thread title. I didn't know all this other stuff until now. Jesus....

Still, though. Thread title needs a refresher, IMO. Turner was a better rookie DT this year.

Per Peter King:

To be fair to Carter, he doesn't have arguably the best defensive player in NFL history next to him getting doubled almost every play.

Both guys were great as rookies. I'd argue Carter was slightly better on a per play basis. Carter was 15th in pressures despite being 46th in snaps, which is more about the way Philly rotates DL more than anything else.

Of course, with all the off-field stuff, Turner might very well be the player one would prefer to have going forward.

Is there any other OL in the league who would go run and tell the league because someone said something to him the field? Has there ever been an NFL player that did this after a game? More of just a curious question then any kind of indication of this situation.

Just seems strange to me, and something that the rest of the OL guys would give a weird look to the guy when training camp starts.

Carter obviously has the physical tools to succeed, but it seems like opposing players have been getting in his head. Threatening someone's family is definitely over the line.
it is certainly some b.s. the guy making this stuff up (Feliciano), is the same guy that just threw the starting RG of his team under the bus after he was sitting on the sideline during the SB. He also was saying things about the dead friend of Jalen's, so hard to blame Carter for fighting back to this bully who seems to love to talk but can't back it up.

The difference is quite a few of the 49ers players live on social media and love to talk about everything, making up their own side of the stories. other NFL players right now are not worried about social media but instead getting ready for next year
This is the 49ers to a tee. From the owner whining about how much the Chiefs hold, to Bosa whining about the fact there actually was construction going on outside their hotel when they visited Philly, to CMC whining about the fire alarm going off at their hotel Super Bowl weekend, to Bosa also whining about how much the Chiefs hold. Then they start throwing each other under the bus. So glad that team lost, we'd never hear the end of it, especially us Eagles fans haha.

And now it seems this guy is making stuff up, otherwise, why not show the real receipts of what you allege to be true?
can also go back to the prior year too when the 49ers cried for weeks after losing to the Eagles, then talked all kinds of stuff over social media like they were the one's to actually beat the Eagles and not the Chiefs. Just crazy for this to regularly occur for 1 organization
Weeks? LOL they were talking about it all the way up until December 3rd. They, like a certain division rival, got their True Super Bowl victory by beating the Eagles and getting that revenge they had sought for the better part of a full calendar year.

I think its funny though, that some of them IMMEDIATELY went onto X/Twitter to talk trash, to fans, about their teammates, almost anyone that would listen. And also to stir the pot with the Eagles.

Anyway, back to the Jalen Carter stuff - I would have to imagine if he *truly* made death threats and Feliciano *truly* shared those with the league, we would have heard about it via some sort of suspension or disciplinary action during the season.

But considering the fact he waited until AFTER THE SUPER BOWL to share this stuff, I am smelling fish.
Jalen Carter was the one who threw his hat back in the ring here. He called out Feliciano after Feliciano's twitter spat with a teammate. Feliciano said his comment was a result of what Jalen was saying. Considering he showed a screenshot of Carter's IG account with a picture of Feliciano's kids, I tend to believe it probably went down like that.
Seems like another case of defending a player because he's on your favorite team. If the teams were reversed, doubt Carter would be getting the benefit of the doubt from Eagles fans. Bet the term "scumbag" would be applied generously :popcorn:
You are probably right. And then we move on. On a scale of 1-10 of importance, if it matters, who cares, etc, this story is like a 1. But there is nothing else to talk about so here we are.

I equally think players are scum that publicly toss their teammates under the bus on social media after a Super Bowl loss, but maybe that's just me.

I also think this has a case of "Well thats how Philly is" that is also dragging this story on.

But like I said earlier, if I had the choice of a nice guy personality or a dog personality on defense, I'm choosing the dog and what comes with that territory.
what’s funny is that Feliciano was trying to protect McKivitz who was getting absolutely roasted for not blocking Jones so Feliciano tweeted it wasn’t McKivitz fault and others figured out who actually was. that’s tossing a teammate under the bus? I guess that’s Philly logic ala throwing beer at their head coach after their playoff loss to Tampa

You are probably right. And then we move on. On a scale of 1-10 of importance, if it matters, who cares, etc, this story is like a 1. But there is nothing else to talk about so here we are.

I equally think players are scum that publicly toss their teammates under the bus on social media after a Super Bowl loss, but maybe that's just me.

I also think this has a case of "Well thats how Philly is" that is also dragging this story on.

what’s funny is that Feliciano was trying to protect McKivitz who was getting absolutely roasted for not blocking Jones so Feliciano tweeted it wasn’t McKivitz fault and others figured out who actually was. that’s tossing a teammate under the bus? I guess that’s Philly logic ala throwing beer at their head coach after their playoff loss to Tampa
I mean, lol, its not that big of a deal overall to me, its just something to talk about bc there is literally nothing going on besides "Who is gonna be our next LB coach" so its the offseason.

I think both guys crossed a line and were sorta being babies trading barbs publicly on social media, but that's the world we live in now.

Carter still needs to mature I'll say that, but this isn't egregious enough for me at least to say "I wish we didn't have him" on the Eagles. As has been stated by others, its not like these big offensive/defensive lineman are choir boys to begin with.

I mean, lol, its not that big of a deal overall to me, its just something to talk about bc there is literally nothing going on besides "Who is gonna be our next LB coach" so its the offseason.

I think both guys crossed a line and were sorta being babies trading barbs publicly on social media, but that's the world we live in now.

Carter still needs to mature I'll say that, but this isn't egregious enough for me at least to say "I wish we didn't have him" on the Eagles. As has been stated by others, its not like these big offensive/defensive lineman are choir boys to begin with.
Says the Eagle fan, 😆.
But if Carter was a Dallas Cowboy, then he should be “banned for life, and CPS should immediately remove his own kids for their safety!!” (Pearl clutch) 😂
Actually I agree with you, Bud…I love this time of year, everyone making a big ado about nothing.

Last edited:
Is there any other OL in the league who would go run and tell the league because someone said something to him the field? Has there ever been an NFL player that did this after a game? More of just a curious question then any kind of indication of this situation.
If a guy you worked with threatened to kill you, and then posted a pic of your children, how concerned would you be about weird looks?

The comment, in game, is very crude and I wouldn't object to a flag if a ref heard.

But then following it up with posting a picture of the guy's kids? If true that's actionable by the league. I don't care if it's a sport, a Dairy Queen or a corporation, employees making even that level of a threat involving another employee's children is something that needs to be handled.

Most normal jobs I would expect it to result in termination. In the NFL I imagine it would fall under the player conduct policy.

The comment, in game, is very crude and I wouldn't object to a flag if a ref heard.

But then following it up with posting a picture of the guy's kids? If true that's actionable by the league. I don't care if it's a sport, a Dairy Queen or a corporation, employees making even that level of a threat involving another employee's children is something that needs to be handled.

Most normal jobs I would expect it to result in termination. In the NFL I imagine it would fall under the player conduct policy.
This. And I'd also include, I think it's ill-advised to shame or patronize someone who takes an issue like this up the chain of command; in this case the league office. That's what they are there for. And what is the alternative? Dealing with it yourself? I think the two most likely outcomes from that route would be nothing changes, or a multitude of outcomes that are even more negative. With the acknowledgement working in the NFL is a far cry from my own work situation; I would immediately report a situation like this to my manager/HR not only because it's what should be done, but out of fear for any other ideas that might creep into my head on how to deal with it. Instant gratification routes rarely come without a litany of consequences, not just for you, but for your whole family depending on the choices you make. You're wife and children won't be thanking you for putting yourself in handcuffs or jail for their/your "honor".

Sorry, but he posted a pic of mongo's kids after allegedly claiming he would murder them. WTF on multiple fronts there. He should absolutely be punished for the pic posting, at minimum. Total asinine move.

Zero tolerance for such ********, and a monster red flag to me about Carter, despite how prodigious he looked at times last season. Maybe he gets past this on his way to a HOF career, or maybe he's in jail in three years. Either outcome would not surprise me at this point.

Its weird. Niners lose the Super Bowl and the Niners/Eagles stuff heats up IMMEDIATELY.

Also, maybe I'm missing it, but is there anywhere in this article that shows Jalen Carter said what Feliciano alleges? I see a pic he posted with the dude with his kids (which I'm not condoning), but I seem to miss the part of "murdering his kids"

Again, could be b/c I'm dense.
Why would he make something like that up? :lol:

Sorry, but he posted a pic of mongo's kids after allegedly claiming he would murder them. WTF on multiple fronts there. He should absolutely be punished for the pic posting, at minimum. Total asinine move.

Zero tolerance for such ********, and a monster red flag to me about Carter, despite how prodigious he looked at times last season. Maybe he gets past this on his way to a HOF career, or maybe he's in jail in three years. Either outcome would not surprise me at this point.
Just to clarify, he did not say he would murder his kids. If he did say that (even in the context of crap said in the heat of an adrenaline packed moment), I would hope that even the most hardcore Eagles fans would not find a way to defend that. What he did allegedly say is that he would murder Feliciano in front of his kids. Now that’s not a whole lot better but I can see it as something an athlete could blurt out in the heat of the moment without actually meaning it. But then he follows up by posting a picture of the kids publicly. That’s the part that Eagles fans appear to be wiping under the rug.

On the other hand, Feliciano isn’t exactly a saint and I’m sure that he instigated Carter. He did call out his teammate (albeit while drunk) blaming him for the loss. That’s a pretty BS move.

Bottom line - at best both guys appear to be pretty childish.

Feliciano may have instigated it, but Carter was in tears on the sideline after. Now that this has gone public there is a known blueprint to get into Carter's head.

Note the Eagles fans all in here circling the wagons for their guy. Nothing surprises me coming from the Eagles or their fans.

Pictures of a guy's kids?

**** that. This guy has already killed somebody. Gonna turn him loose on some more.

**** him. **** that team. All I've got to say about it. Typical Eagles ****.

Just to clarify, he did not say he would murder his kids. If he did say that (even in the context of crap said in the heat of an adrenaline packed moment), I would hope that even the most hardcore Eagles fans would not find a way to defend that. What he did allegedly say is that he would murder Feliciano in front of his kids. Now that’s not a whole lot better but I can see it as something an athlete could blurt out in the heat of the moment without actually meaning it. But then he follows up by posting a picture of the kids publicly. That’s the part that Eagles fans appear to be wiping under the rug.

On the other hand, Feliciano isn’t exactly a saint and I’m sure that he instigated Carter. He did call out his teammate (albeit while drunk) blaming him for the loss. That’s a pretty BS move.

This is embarrassing. You and Terpman22 are embarrassing yourselves in here.

GTFO with this ****.

Such morons. Before I get suspended I'm leaving this thread. But Eagles fans are another level, and a sick one at that.

This is embarrassing. You and Terpman22 are embarrassing yourselves in here.

GTFO with this ****.
Wow! You should first try calming down. And then after doing that, elaborate on how I’m “embarrassing” myself in this thread. Because 1). I’m not an Eagles fan and 2). I have been pretty clear on my stance that Carter is in the wrong for what he did.

Such morons. Before I get suspended I'm leaving this thread. But Eagles fans are another level, and a sick one at that.
You should get suspended for this alone. I’m pretty sure calling people morons is frowned on by the moderators. But I’m not going to report you.

Glad you’re leaving though. You’re a little too riled up to have any rational thoughts on this topic.

Because 1). I’m not an Eagles fan

You keep saying that but you’re always in their thread defending them while saying that.

We will let the mods decide what should get suspended. No need to lobby or work the refs. You guys embarrass yourselves on the daily.

A picture of a baby going “come at me.” Sure that’s the image you want?

Oh, I forgot. You’re not an Eagles fan, what fan are you then?

Because 1). I’m not an Eagles fan

You keep saying that but you’re always in their thread defending them while saying that.

We will let the mods decide what should get suspended. No need to lobby or work the refs. You guys embarrass yourselves on the daily.
I don’t care what you believe rock. You can read through all of my posts in this thread and the Eagles thread and show me where I defended Carter. Quite the opposite actually. But you’re embarrassing yourself and showing your true colors.

But you’re embarrassing yourself and showing your true colors.

No. That would be people who are defending a guy who threatened to kill another guy in front of his kids and posted pictures of said kids to social media. I’m embarrassing nothing. He’s the ******* and you defending that is pathetic. Good day.

A picture of a baby going “come at me.” Sure that’s the image you want?

Oh, I forgot. You’re not an Eagles fan, what fan are you then?
You can’t substantiate any of your personal attacks so you resort to name calling. I’m a Steelers fan. Anyways I won’t resort to your level and derail this thread anymore.

Defending a guy who already has killed someone in his life and cavalierly threatens another. I must be embarrassed for caring.

Last edited:
But you’re embarrassing yourself and showing your true colors.

No. That would be people who are defending a guy who threatened to kill another guy in front of his kids and posted pictures of said kids to social media. I’m embarrassing nothing. He’s the ******* and you defending that is pathetic. Good day.
I didn’t defend him. Quite the opposite. You attacked me and are still resorting to name calling. Maybe you had a rough day.

I’m not even heated. This is plain as day to me. This guy threatened to kill a guy in front of his kids and the guy in response is having his manhood and dignity questioned. That’s suspendable. **** that.

Okay, I’m leaving. Forget this guy. Not worth it. There is no moral equivalency here by the way. It’s not that both sides are wrong. One is. And it’s the side defending this guy.

Okay, I’m leaving. Forget this guy. Not worth it. There is no moral equivalency here by the way. It’s not that both sides are wrong. One is. And it’s the side defending this guy.

I'm on your side that Carter was way out of line. But your tirade is as well. Not to the same degree, but plenty overdone in the context of this forum. You will probably turn your vitriol on me in response to this, but it needed to be said. Good night.

If a guy you worked with threatened to kill you, and then posted a pic of your children, how concerned would you be about weird looks?
It depends if the guy plays for the Eagles or not

Carter really needs a PR guy. His response to the latest.

"It's cause he already see y'all calling me a murder(er) so he just gone keep that going he know y'all goin to love it," Carter tweeted. "I can't beat that if you got the fans on your side than you're right I guess."

Carter also wrote that he's trying to "be the best ever" while implying players like Feliciano are "just trying not to get traded."

"It's cause he already see y'all calling me a murder(er) so he just gone keep that going he know y'all goin to love it," Carter tweeted. "I can't beat that if you got the fans on your side than you're right I guess."

Carter also wrote that he's trying to "be the best ever" while implying players like Feliciano are "just trying not to get traded."
:oldunsure:

I wonder what he paid to have someone do his college courses?

Defending a guy who already has killed someone in his life and cavalierly threatens another. I must be embarrassed for caring.
You are just wrong here. Carter, while involved in a race with another car that got into an accident b/c the Recruiting Staffer was "drunk driving" and died himself, along with Carter's Georgia teammate, an offensive linemen, pleaded no contest to misdemeanor reckless driving charges.

The guy that actually killed someone was the Recruiting analyst who died himself, b/c he was drunk driving.

I guess my question is - why would you want to paint the picture to be this? That Carter in fact was the one "who already has killed someone in his life" when you either know that to be untrue

OR

Even worse you really don't know the facts and are ignorantly painting a young man as a "murderer"

Just curious tough talking guy!

So what happened here?
Carter threatened to kill someone and their family, and posted pics of the other guys kids in a threatening way?
Did that actually happen?

Users who are viewing this thread