What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jalen Ramsey traded to Dolphins-3rd rounder and Hunter Long (1 Viewer)

I'm not surprised Miami is being mentioned. They need a DB/Corner/Safety to go with Holland
Last season he took a step back from his rookie year IMHO, someone like Ramsey would stiffen the secondary and give Fangio options.

I was wondering what Miami has been freeing up space for. Stephen Ross wants to stroke more checks!
Go thru the off season the last many years and even before that, most of the time Miami wins the off season awards. It's the Week to Week in season where Miami tends to come up short. The product on the field doesn't always match the big splashy moves.

Back to your point, he's loaded now with $30M in cap
Wait there's more, another $15M kicks in after June 1st for Jones.
Wait there's more, some of the players haven't finished their restructuring, Miami could free up another $15M-$20M if they want to.
Wait there's more, this franchise sucks in the Draft, might as well start unloading the '24 1st and 2nd at some point to finish turning this team into a SB contender

I think i need a smoke/toke, this is getting real.
Ramsey to Miami, seriously? Howard/Ramsey, pick a side to throw at.
That would be a major upgrade although both are aging and injuries could play a factor
Phillips/Chubb, Howard/Ramsey...in redraft the Phins will go Top 5 on defense if that happens.

Twitter rumor is 2 2nd rounders and a 6th.

Current Contract Status: 3 years, $74.6 million remaining ($47M guaranteed)
There goes #51 for Miami and the '24 2nd I would assume
Miami forfeited the 1st in '23 and the 3rd in '24, next year so that would put Miami with a 1st in '24 and little else.

His cap hit for a team acquiring him would be $17 M, $18.5 M, $19.5 M next 3 years

Teams acquiring vets also sometimes get a sweet little discount because the pro-rated signing bonus gets absorbed by his old team.

He's like 8 mill cheaper on the cap for the Fins than the Rams

So dumb. The hit rate on these late 20's CBs w/ huge contracts is insanely bad. They all just immediately fade away, over and over again. I mean jeez, the last one was the Dolphins themselves screwing it up.
Pretty cheap price and contract isn’t that bad. Win now move. I like it for Miami.

Richard Sherman
Nnamdi Asomugha
Patrick Peterson
Darrelle Revis
Aqib Talib
Byron Maxwell
Malcolm Butler
Byron Jones

Next year 3 of Dolphins 4 highest paid players will be CBs, which will account for 20% of their total cap space, and I bet they don't even finish top 15 in pass defense.

I was wondering what Miami has been freeing up space for. Stephen Ross wants to stroke more checks!
Go thru the off season the last many years and even before that, most of the time Miami wins the off season awards. It's the Week to Week in season where Miami tends to come up short. The product on the field doesn't always match the big splashy moves.

Back to your point, he's loaded now with $30M in cap
Wait there's more, another $15M kicks in after June 1st for Jones.
Wait there's more, some of the players haven't finished their restructuring, Miami could free up another $15M-$20M if they want to.
Wait there's more, this franchise sucks in the Draft, might as well start unloading the '24 1st and 2nd at some point to finish turning this team into a SB contender

I think i need a smoke/toke, this is getting real.
Ramsey to Miami, seriously? Howard/Ramsey, pick a side to throw at.
That would be a major upgrade although both are aging and injuries could play a factor
Phillips/Chubb, Howard/Ramsey...in redraft the Phins will go Top 5 on defense if that happens.
Not how I would build a team, but essentially picking up the LA Rams strategy with this

Richard Sherman
Nnamdi Asomugha
Patrick Peterson
Darrelle Revis
Aqib Talib
Byron Maxwell
Malcolm Butler
Byron Jones

Next year 3 of Dolphins 4 highest paid players will be CBs, which will account for 20% of their total cap space, and I bet they don't even finish top 15 in pass defense.
If they stick with this deal, he's not getting top 5 CB money in terms of cap space. And they only paid a 3rd.

But if the Fins give him some new money, which I could see, then it is a mistake

Not how I would build a team, but essentially picking up the LA Rams strategy with this
Like teams picking up Deion to make a run

Except the Fins have picked up 3 Deions over the last few years and are set to pay them more than Patrick Mahomes and Saquon Barkley combined.

The only saving grace is that Xavien Howard's deal is cheap this year and doesn't escalate until next year where they'll likely cut 1 (or 2) of the 3. But the dead cap hit on that is going to be just as much as paying them.

Ramsey, Floyd and Wagner gone. No high picks. Hard to believe the Rams seriously expect to compete this year. Kupp next?
I don't think they do, but who cares. Only a couple teams' fans get to make fun of them, cause they got a ring.

Better this way, than the Saints, who are grinding their roster to dust

Ramsey, Floyd and Wagner gone. No high picks. Hard to believe the Rams seriously expect to compete this year. Kupp next?
I don't think they do, but who cares. Only a couple teams' fans get to make fun of them, cause they got a ring.

Nobody making fun of them. Just pointing out that a high priced 30 year old receiver may be moved.

Nobody making fun of them. Just pointing out that a high priced 30 year old receiver may be moved.
Sorry, yes. I think I saw on Twitter mentioned he wasn't on the block. Whatever that's worth.

They would lose cap space by trading him.. There's the answer

Not sure how I feel about any move in March, but I kind of like this one bc we didn't really give anything up for a guy who is maybe not the best Corner anymore, but likely still in the top 10 or 15 (much like X). Add this to the fact Miami hit on two young corners last year (Kohou and Crossen)

Sorry, yes. I think I saw on Twitter mentioned he wasn't on the block. Whatever that's worth.

They would lose cap space by trading him.. There's the answer
Less than 2 million. I just think they are a few years away since they seem to be taking a different approach to their team building currently. Kupps trade value won’t be higher next year so now may be the optimal time to move him. Plus, Stafford is a huge question mark. Without that Kupp/Stafford relationship in place, bigger chance he gets moved. Probably not but wouldn’t shock me certainly.

By the way, Hunter Long....Why?

I am fascinated by this part of the deal...need more info as to how he became part of it...almost as if they put the names of 25 players in a hat and the Rams picked Long.
Imma be honest here - I had to google him.

Good TE prospect who looked the part coming out of BC...a lot of people liked him going into that draft and he went pretty high (3rd round)...has not been seen since draft night.

By the way, Hunter Long....Why?

I am fascinated by this part of the deal...need more info as to how he became part of it...almost as if they put the names of 25 players in a hat and the Rams picked Long.
Imma be honest here - I had to google him.

Good TE prospect who looked the part coming out of BC...a lot of people liked him going into that draft and he went pretty high (3rd round)...has not been seen since draft night.
Has no mean streak in him. Not a physical player at all. Been huge bust for us. Maybe a change of scenery will help him.

This was a no risk trade for the Phins.

A healthy Xavien, Ramsey, Holland, Jones, Needham, Trill coming back, Crossen and Kohou…..I like it.

Love this move for Miami. Rumors of Ramsey's demise have been greatly exaggerated. He's as good as he ever was in my eyes, the Rams just asked him to do a lot different things than a typical #1 CB. Ramsey is still a top-3 NFL CB and hasn't shown any signs of slowing down.

Users who are viewing this thread