What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CB L'Jarius Snead Traded to the Titans (1 Viewer)

It seems to me top corners are not getting what they used to either in trade comp or contract.
19 aav and a 3rd seems pretty reasonable in both contract and trade comp for TN.

Whoa. I'm glad I'm not an NFL GM. There are so many moving parts my head spins. A tag-and-trade for a third? I'm not questioning it, but I'm a bit stumped regardless. Perhaps they only had two candidates worthy of the tag and they signed the other, so they were thinking why not tag Sneed (even if they did that first) and see what they could get for him?

Does this sound right to people?

Last edited:
Whoa. I'm glad I'm not an NFL GM. There are so many moving parts my head spins. A tag-and-trade for a third? I'm not questioning it, but I'm a bit stumped regardless. Perhaps they only had two candidates worthy of the tag and they signed the other, so why not tag Snead (even if they did that first) and see what they could get for him?

Not sure what you are saying exactly. KC did tag sneed

Whoa. I'm glad I'm not an NFL GM. There are so many moving parts my head spins. A tag-and-trade for a third? I'm not questioning it, but I'm a bit stumped regardless. Perhaps they only had two candidates worthy of the tag and they signed the other, so why not tag Snead (even if they did that first) and see what they could get for him?

Maybe my writing wasn't clear. I know they tagged him. The sentence "A tag-and-trade for a third?" should have been the sentence that made it clear I knew that. Also, when I try to understand their reasoning I say "so why not tag Sneed and see what they could get for him?" I'm trying to understand why the Chiefs would tag him and trade him for a third.

I thought it was clear, but my syntax isn't always the best and I often jump perspectives that might be only implied.

Last edited:
I just inserted a few words that should clear up what I mean. I inserted "they were thinking" into a sentence and it should now be clear that I'm trying to get into KC's thought process.

I just inserted a few words that should clear up what I mean. I inserted "they were thinking" into a sentence and it should now be clear that I'm trying to get into KC's thought process.
I think they felt like they didn’t want to give sneed a huge contract but also thought he was valuable enough that they shouldn’t lose him for nothing and they would have been ok paying him a lot for just one year.

I think they felt like they didn’t want to give sneed a huge contract but also thought he was valuable enough that they shouldn’t lose him for nothing and they would have been ok paying him a lot for just one year.

That's exactly the conclusion that I reached. I must not have articulated my thoughts well at all. Thanks, man.

Maybe my writing wasn't clear. I know they tagged him. The sentence "A tag-and-trade for a third?" should have been the sentence that made it clear I knew that. Also, when I try to understand their reasoning I say "so why not tag Sneed and see what they could get for him?" I'm trying to understand why the Chiefs would tag him and trade him for a third.

I thought it was clear, but my syntax isn't always the best and I often jump perspectives that might be only implied.
I knew what you meant. I thought it was clear.

I would have thought he would go for a lot more but I guess the trade market dictates the price. The Mahomes contract plus so many other stud players makes it difficult to pay everybody. They have been able to do a great job of drafting corners and there are some solid ones that could be available in round one for them. I'm surprised they aren't at least getting a 2024 pick. Maybe that's the only way they got as high as a third. I suppose it's tough to trade a player who is about to get paid.

He has play in his knee. This indicates worn ligaments and it'll tear someday. Soon or ten years from now is the Q.
Chiefs fans have said he has an ankle issue but I didn't find any reporter that wrote that.

Above is probably why Schefter wrote pending physical which he doesn't usually mention.

He may revert back because rules say so but if I'm the Chiefs I'd be arguing that's why you drove the price down

I would have thought he would go for a lot more but I guess the trade market dictates the price. The Mahomes contract plus so many other stud players makes it difficult to pay everybody. They have been able to do a great job of drafting corners and there are some solid ones that could be available in round one for them. I'm surprised they aren't at least getting a 2024 pick. Maybe that's the only way they got as high as a third. I suppose it's tough to trade a player who is about to get paid.
Not you, but I think Chiefs fans are a bit too strong in their opinion here. Limited snaps do show potential absolutely but to replace a top CB that can stop top WRs is a bit much.
IMO this was gold for them. We've seen some games get down to a series for each and Mahomes doesn't have to play without his top target while the opposing QB essentially has to

Here's an article from last summer. Knee reports pretty much continued from there.

I think the author does a good job dealing with "it's nothing" and "it's precautionary" reports too.

Sneed was never coming back. They got what they could and cleared $19 million in cap space. They were never gonna pay him because he has made less than $5 million in his 4 year career. He wanted the bag and I don't blame him.

He got two rings and his bag. And the Chiefs planned for this with them drafting quality corners.

Essentially the Chiefs kept their entire defense minus Sneed and Edwards and Gay but already have replacements on the roster.

Now they have an extra $19 million to sign a LT and maybe another WR. In Veach we trust.

I guess the part where rock says he is stumped yet also explains the exact rationale is the part that is confusing

I guess the part where rock says he is stumped yet also explains the exact rationale is the part that is confusing

Yep. Unspoken in that post is my confusion seeing that they could have kept him for the year and gotten a similar comp pick, so I was surprised. They might have wanted to clear cap for this year, though, so I can see what they did.

Yep. Unspoken in that post is my confusion seeing that they could have kept him for the year and gotten a similar comp pick, so I was surprised. They might have wanted to clear cap for this year, though, so I can see what they did.

Roster spots, progressing younger players, and the bird-in-hand draft pick all matter; and IMO played major roles here.

I'm glad Sneed is off the Chiefs. He was locking #1 receivers down. Now opposing teams can bring back more fantasy points when facing the Chiefs, which is especially nice since they're going to be playing so many prime time games. 🔥

Roster spots, progressing younger players, and the bird-in-hand draft pick all matter; and IMO played major roles here.
Pitt has excelled at this for years. Managing the cap is almost as important as drafting well.

No presser scheduled today or tomorrow.

The timing with the weekend is poor to use as a predictor of anything.
The NFLPA has a list of doctors in each city and he'll oh so likely be required to see one of them- besides the Titans team doctor. The point of it is a neutral party and I gotta figure this is exactly why the neutral party exists

I'd predict an introductory presser or a tweet about a delay by Wednesday- or the deal is busted.

The Titans have a couple LBs and possibly the best DT with Donald retired and another DT. They have one good safety.
Until they ramp up D signings or the draft, teams will run run run against them.
Yes it's a wonderful secondary on paper but as of now, why bother passing against them?

On offense, they need two tackles. They have a great international prospect blocking TE that wasn't activated last year so they possibly need one.

Unless you're a Chestnut or Haskins fan then they need a brute RB.

It's still a rebuild

Odd trade for the Titans with where they are at (rebuilding). Signing a 27 year old corner with some injury concerns to a major extension (I am assuming they do this) seems like poor allocation of cap space with the current roster. Maybe they think they are closer to contending than I do however. Good move by KC for not paying him imo, but I thought they would have got a little bit more in return than they did.

KC didn't want to invest $80M

They were also likely a little limited on trade partners - they likely didn't want to send him to a contender, and they likely don't consider TEN a threat.

Personally I think KC shoulda played him under the tag. They are worse for losing him.

This is all reasonable and a pretty good assessment, especially the non contender/high 3rd aspect. I agree they are worse immediately but could still make a couple moves to use that freed up $ to counter.

"Did he pass his physical?"
"Waiting on a second"

No idea, second doc? Second physical? Second opinion?

Either way, I'd say a flare was shot off as expected so now we wait, some more

I get the need to imagine all the ways it could go wrong, but this is what you are supposed to do.

Get a good player in his prime, for a cheap price, because the Champs cannot afford him.

Did they over pay? Not if he's healthy, it'll be a steal. And as to the rebuilding argument, I would refer to my first sentence.

Why was his health never in question when he may return to the Chiefs, but the second he signs somewhere else, his knees are ticking time bombs. How does this happen?

I get the need to imagine all the ways it could go wrong, but this is what you are supposed to do.

Get a good player in his prime, for a cheap price, because the Champs cannot afford him.

Did they over pay? Not if he's healthy, it'll be a steal. And as to the rebuilding argument, I would refer to my first sentence.

Why was his health never in question when he may return to the Chiefs, but the second he signs somewhere else, his knees are ticking time bombs. How does this happen?
Knees were an issue since the prior Superbowl. I linked to an article above.

Trade is done and Snead signed a new deal w Titans

I guess the second whatever worked out
Because Titans can't have nice things, now it's being reported the deal is still not finalized.
Some morning tweets edited too

Users who are viewing this thread