What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Javon Walker will be traded tomorrow... (1 Viewer)

i don't see philly pulling the trigger for walker

they already have great WR's...just ask them

Smith's injury had no ligament damage.  I will not have Walker on any team in 06.
these guys seemed to rebound ok from a similar injury:Jerry Rice suffered one in 1997.

Joey Galloway suffered one in 2000.

Anquan Boldin suffered one in 2001.

I agree he might not be 100% in 2006, but he'll probably give as much or more than a rookie WR would and he'll also likely be way more productive for some team in 2007.
To be accurate Aaron Jerry Rice Broke his knee cap first game back from surgery and was out for a further anount of time

Joey Galloway Struggled his 1st year back from his surgery. Could well be the situation he was in though. That 2001 Dallas team was not the best.

Anquan Boldin If I'm not mistaken, it was a MCL tear, not an ACL tear. Quicker recovery time and far less serious.

Sirius Radio just reported that Javon Walker will be a New England Patriot. They siad a deal is being finalizing right now. I'll post more when I hear it.
:shock: Wow! Any more news on this? I'm not sure if I'd be more thrilled or more surprised if this does happen. I never expected the Patriots to be serious players for him.

I can only imagine what the deal will be. Or make that deals...the one to get him and the one to pay him.

/waiting with bated breath

Sirius Radio just reported that Javon Walker will be a New England Patriot. They siad a deal is being finalizing right now. I'll post more when I hear it.
:shock: Wow! Any more news on this? I'm not sure if I'd be more thrilled or more surprised if this does happen. I never expected the Patriots to be serious players for him.

I can only imagine what the deal will be. Or make that deals...the one to get him and the one to pay him.

/waiting with bated breath
Still waiting. It was in the update but the hosts aren't saying anything about it.

To be accurate Aaron

Jerry Rice Broke his knee cap first game back from surgery and was out for a further anount of time

Joey Galloway Struggled his 1st year back from his surgery. Could well be the situation he was in though. That 2001 Dallas team was not the best.

Anquan Boldin If I'm not mistaken, it was a MCL tear, not an ACL tear. Quicker recovery time and far less serious.
thanks. good point about Rice, and I agree Galloway didn't bounce back right away.all links I can find on Boldin indicate it was an ACL.

ANQUAN BOLDIN (1999-02)

Asked for switch to WR as freshman; despite '01 ACL tear, led FSU in receiving in '02.
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sport...su/12521412.htmLee Evans was also brought up. He tore his ACL, was still a top-15 pick in the draft, and is one of the most promising young WRs in the league right now.

To be accurate Aaron

Jerry Rice Broke his knee cap first game back from surgery and was out for a further anount of time

thanks. good point about Rice, and I agree Galloway didn't bounce back right away.all links I can find on Boldin indicate it was an ACL.

ANQUAN BOLDIN (1999-02)

Asked for switch to WR as freshman; despite '01 ACL tear, led FSU in receiving in '02.
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sport...su/12521412.htmLee Evans was also brought up. He tore his ACL, was still a top-15 pick in the draft, and is one of the most promising young WRs in the league right now.
I'm sorry. I was thinking you were referring to more recent knee injuries and how they effected their play. I thought Boldin suffered a partial tear to his MCL his 2nd NFL season. That's what I thought you were talking about when you brought him up. My mistake.It would seem a more recent knee injury and how players have come back, would be more relevant than an older knee injury.

To be accurate Aaron

ANQUAN BOLDIN (1999-02)

I'm sorry. I was thinking you were referring to more recent knee injuries and how they effected their play. I thought Boldin suffered a partial tear to his MCL his 2nd NFL season. That's what I thought you were talking about when you brought him up. My mistake.It would seem a more recent knee injury and how players have come back, would be more relevant than an older knee injury.
:lmao:

It would seem a more recent knee injury and how players have come back, would be more relevant than an older knee injury.
you're aware of what Boldin did during his rookie season in the NFL though, right?

from Frank Coyle:

The Packers have received offers for veteran wideout Javon Walker from the Broncos and Saints. The Broncos have offered a #2 pick (37th overall) this year and a conditional selection next spring either a #2 or #3 according to his ’06 production. Broncos like a number of prospects at the 15th spot including runner DeAngelo Williams, DE Mathias Kiwanuka and wideouts Santonio Holmes and Chad Jackson. Packers need some salary cap relief after signing veteran corner Charles Woodson this week and Walker is the likely player to exit. The Saints have entered the sweepstakes for Walker and can offer an earlier #2 pick (34th overall) plus conditional picks next season. No club has stepped to the table with a #1 pick and these two clubs could be the finalists in a deal that most likely gets done prior to the NFL Draft ’06.

from Frank Coyle:

The Packers have received offers for veteran wideout Javon Walker from the Broncos and Saints. The Broncos have offered a #2 pick (37th overall) this year and a conditional selection next spring either a #2 or #3 according to his ’06 production. Broncos like a number of prospects at the 15th spot including runner DeAngelo Williams, DE Mathias Kiwanuka and wideouts Santonio Holmes and Chad Jackson. Packers need some salary cap relief after signing veteran corner Charles Woodson this week and Walker is the likely player to exit. The Saints have entered the sweepstakes for Walker and can offer an earlier #2 pick (34th overall) plus conditional picks next season. No club has stepped to the table with a #1 pick and these two clubs could be the finalists in a deal that most likely gets done prior to the NFL Draft ’06.
I love your avatar Rudnicki, that was a great hit.

Users who are viewing this thread