What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Chinn (1 Viewer)

Skilo

Footballguy
I apologize if this gets posted more than once, I was having issues with my forum login.

Is it time to move on from Jeremy Chinn? He doesn't seem to get the numbers, especially tackles like he did last year with his move to a legit FS this year. I was hoping with Shaq injury he might get moved around more this week improving his numbers (though I know they're injured in the secondary too). I dont watch his games that much but we're pretty far into the season now. 

I apologize if this gets posted more than once, I was having issues with my forum login.

Is it time to move on from Jeremy Chinn? He doesn't seem to get the numbers, especially tackles like he did last year with his move to a legit FS this year. I was hoping with Shaq injury he might get moved around more this week improving his numbers (though I know they're injured in the secondary too). I dont watch his games that much but we're pretty far into the season now. 
In dynasty leagues, he's certainly a hold, if not a every-week start.  I suppose it depends on your league... how deep, redraft vs dynasty/keeper, etc.  I started him in one league yesterday, and benched him in another for Sorensen.  He actually outscored Sorensen 9 to 7.  He did have a FR, and had another fumble return for a score overturned.  I think that's the main reason he's a hold for me.... Even though the tackles aren't there to the level that they were last year, he's still a ball hawk who naturally makes big plays frequently.  There's just more upside with him than a lot of the alternatives.  And, I think the tackles will come with time.  Maybe not like last year (not 20+ PPG), but at least enough where he can get back to scoring double digits for me consistently.  Until that happens, he's a hold who I'll start unless the matchups warrant otherwise (like this week, I just figured Sorensen would get lots of opportunities with the Bills offense).  

Who would you move on from Chinn in favor of?  

DB's are easy to find.  Chinn has a different role and it is affecting his IDP value tremendously.  For redraft I have no problem moving on for the flavor of this year.  That's the nature of DB's.  For dynasty you likely need to hold just in case he gets back his role from last year.

Golden Gopher said:
In dynasty leagues, he's certainly a hold, if not a every-week start.  I suppose it depends on your league... how deep, redraft vs dynasty/keeper, etc.  I started him in one league yesterday, and benched him in another for Sorensen.  He actually outscored Sorensen 9 to 7.  He did have a FR, and had another fumble return for a score overturned.  I think that's the main reason he's a hold for me.... Even though the tackles aren't there to the level that they were last year, he's still a ball hawk who naturally makes big plays frequently.  There's just more upside with him than a lot of the alternatives.  And, I think the tackles will come with time.  Maybe not like last year (not 20+ PPG), but at least enough where he can get back to scoring double digits for me consistently.  Until that happens, he's a hold who I'll start unless the matchups warrant otherwise (like this week, I just figured Sorensen would get lots of opportunities with the Bills offense).  

Who would you move on from Chinn in favor of?  

I'm in a redraft league that typically has a fairly expansive waiver wire being that it's a 10 team league, but also having short bench spaces. Scoring is heavily favored towards tackles as well and less on big plays. I have J. Abrams and Q. Diggs right now to fill the spot (most likely what I'll do). T. Diggs looks to be only consideration on the WW for me outside of those. I have Buddha Baker as my DB1 so I was hoping Chinn was going to give me a set it and forget it for my DB spot. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, 10-team league is different.  I'd stream until I find someone I don't want to drop.  But, yeah, he's certainly droppable in that format.  I have Chinn in a 16-team 53-man roster league, where he's a must hold.  Probably still a top 15-20 dynasty DB, just based on his talent.  

Users who are viewing this thread