What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Hill, RB (LVR) (2 Viewers)

74 yard (same as the number of pages in this thread :) ) TD run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSLUBrKMI0c

9-168-1 rushing (2-24-0 receiving), even without the 74 yard scamper, still would have been 8-94 = 11.75 Y/C average. The 168 rushing yards a career high, not sure what the league high is for a 2016 game so far?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any news today about his injury?  Gonna be hard to trot him out this week.  Gio can handle the load against a porous Skins D.

I assume it was late in the game.  I found some tweets that said he was probable to return if needed.  I was concerned because he looked in a lot of pain and had to be helped off the field.
I don't think he ever came back.  His last carry was at the start of the 4th. 

Before cle, 3.61 ypc.

After cle 5.23 ypc.

Almost 40% of his 2016 yards came on 9 carries vs cle. Too bad he didn't get 20 carries. He most likely would have got over half his 2016 yards from a good game vs a poor defense.

This looks like 2014 all over again!

I dont think he should play if he couldnt finish this past game. They have their bye after this week, so let him get better. He is way better than Gio when healthy, I can argue he is the best in the game at finding the endzone as states would make that fact. Some crazy stats out their involving him and TDs. But he is soft, plain and simple.

Gio is the starter because of injury, he hasnt really shown he is better than Hill when he is healthy.

I dont think he should play if he couldnt finish this past game. They have their bye after this week, so let him get better. He is way better than Gio when healthy, I can argue he is the best in the game at finding the endzone as states would make that fact. Some crazy stats out their involving him and TDs. But he is soft, plain and simple.

Gio is the starter because of injury, he hasnt really shown he is better than Hill when he is healthy.
Curious as to why you say the bolded. He hasn't missed a game in two and a half seasons. Apparently he's been dealing with this shoulder/chest injury and still just rattled off close to 200 total yards. I have my issues with Hill's consistency but I never pegged him as soft.

Just appears that way to me. For years he always would check himself out after getting tackled, its true. Thats why Benard is always in there before the injury most times, Hill would check himself out after a tackle. Its why we have not seen the big games from him often. Bernard stealing the thunder.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think Gio is better suited for 15-20 touches a game than Hill.  Hill generally needs 25+ carries.  Hill should be the short yardage guy and the guy who comes in the 4th and really brings the hammer.

Just appears that way to me. For years he always would check himself out after getting tackled, its true. Thats why Benard is always in there before the injury most times, Hill would check himself out after a tackle. Its why we have not seen the big games from him often. Bernard stealing the thunder.
Dude I just saw it again.  2 weeks in a row.  Totally agree with you.  Either he has this lingering injury that's just going to bother him all year and he can't take 15+ carries per game or he's one of the biggest p#**#ies in football.  

Not sure yet.  

Awesome... Literally 1 min before kickoff I subbed Gio out for Davante Adams... Gio has a TD and Hill could be injured... I might have to fire the my team's GM.

Funny. Gio down with a torn ACL which immediately elevates Hill yet zero posts since last night. Telling what his owners think of him.

Pretty difficult for Hill to be a complete bust week to week which is why I've generally avoided starting him all year. Floor is much higher now.

Couple of tough matchups ahead: @BAL, PHI. Bet Hill owners will still be griping.

However, the fantasy playoff schedule looks delicious: 

@CLE, PIT, @HOU

This guy could contribute highly towards some championships.

His stock should be on the rise for the rest of the year.  He will be the main ball carrier with Gio out and they may run more with A.J. Green also out.  The killer might be do they have enough offense for him to get enough touchdowns?

Warhogs said:
His stock should be on the rise for the rest of the year.  He will be the main ball carrier with Gio out and they may run more with A.J. Green also out.  The killer might be do they have enough offense for him to get enough touchdowns?
That would be my immediate concern.  The offense as a whole took a massive hit yesterday, I wonder how much scoring opportunity there will be.  Defenses are going to be able to play really close to the LOS now, there just isn't much to threaten them with.  

no matter how you cut it Hill is at worst a mid level RB2 and probably a low end RB1 rest of the season with Gio gone.  You're looking at a talented RB getting 20+ touches per game from here on out.  I'll take that in my flex any day!  He's gone from TD dependent to a featured back.  

Good god, my RB corps is a dumpster fire.  With Prosise out for the FF year I'm going to be trotting Hill and Wendell Smallwood out for the foreseeable future.  vomit.

JHill had a hard time with AJ Green on the outside and Gio to spell him

imagine what a depleted WR Corp and shaky Dalton and OL without Gio is going to do to JHill now. High touch RB maybe ..... a productive one is a different story

kyoun1e said:
Funny. Gio down with a torn ACL which immediately elevates Hill yet zero posts since last night. Telling what his owners think of him.
I traded for Hill twice in last two weeks. I always thought he was overrated based on his performance when Gio was out but lately I thought he had moved to underrated classification for a few reasons. One was we see RB's lose their jobs all the time and his role is secure. With a healthy Gio it's not a great role but in general a weak RB2 type but if you don't rely on him and only use him based on matchups can be solid RB2.  The other reason was I have always thought an injury to Gio would bring his value back to what it was last time a Gio injury elevated him.

So this owner of Hill is telling you what I think of him and what I think he is a RB1 for ROS in all formats. He also might get a nice boost to start next season since Gio suffered his injury so late and may not be ready.

His matchups are generally great ROS(Ravens is tough, but other than that he has some prime scheduling).  The 8 man fronts he may face will not be.  Losing Green may mitigate a lot of the ground he gained with Gio being gone.  Biggest thing for me will be how they use him in the passing game(he's actually a pretty good receiver).  If he soaks up the lion's share of Bernard's work as a receiver he could suck a giant wang running the ball and still be worth starting.  If Marv gets it in his head the Rex Burkhead is going to get his touches ramped up as a receiver, then while Hill's options are still on the rise it may not be THAT much better since I expect their outside passing O to struggle.

Obviously, LaFell or Boyd or whomever could pop and make that all moot.  I'm a pretty big fan of Hill's skill level, and he undeniably should see more touches now, but I'm just trying to keep my expectations realistic.  Losing Green is huge.

What are you guys doing with hill this week vs philly?

looks like he's got a questionable tag. 

Have to decide bw him or Thomas Rawls vs car.  

Or tyreek hill vs atl. 

Anyoe hear if he's been practicing in full?

Where do people get their info from?
Q tag?
He isnt even on the report at all all week and has no tag, as of now, by the teams page.
Full all week.

http://www.bengals.com/team/injuryreport.html

Price check on Hill? He was RB 20 in my non-ppr start 2RB dynasty league last year. I'd like to sell him off, but I think I'd need a late 1st round pick in return. Am I overrating him?

Price check on Hill? He was RB 20 in my non-ppr start 2RB dynasty league last year. I'd like to sell him off, but I think I'd need a late 1st round pick in return. Am I overrating him?
 Right now, probably.  By Saturday night...definitely.

I think I like Hill more than most, but Cincy has been very active looking at RB prospects for the draft.  Who knows.  Maybe they don't draft one, but I'd be concerned as a Hill owner.

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline passes along that the Bengals "would be more apt to select [Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon] in the second round" now that he has settled his civil suit.

Mixon's draft process has been dogged by his punching a woman in the summer of 2014. He settled the civil suit last week, though, which clears the air at least a tiny smidge for the controversial back. At pick No. 41 in the second round, the Bengals are a team that has been broached as a potential Mixon draft home for some time. The Eagles, Vikings and Raiders have also been linked to him in heavy dose.

Source: Draft Analyst 
Apr 24 - 2:38 PM
Just posted by Faust in the Mixon thread.

There's probably a RB-needy-contending-team picking late in the first that would take you up on that (so long as Cincy doesn't draft a RB).  I know I've got a PPR dynasty that I would give you the 1.10 for Hill... I'd probably also wait until it came to my pick to make sure the guys in front of me didn't do something incredibly stupid.  But he's a mid-20 year old RB that is going to get you around 10 TD's and 800-1000 yards.  It's low RB2 numbers, but still RB2 numbers that you probably aren't going to get late in the first.

Maybe a little bit but I think your expectation is close enough.

Hill is ranked 112 for standard scoring by Mike Clay but his ADP on MFL has been 47th overall. Which is a pretty big difference. I think Clays ranking of HIll is too high personally, even for standard format. I have never been a fan of Hill though.

If you use this as a starting point for what the rookie picks are worth by comparison, Clays ranking of 112 would be about what you want in return. A late first to early second round pick.

If you go by his ADP of 47 people have been drafting Hill at a similar price point as pick 1.04 which surprised me. His ADP in PPR keeper format leagues was 53 not that much lower. I suppose because the majority of his value has been in touchdowns.

I really doubt you could get a top 6 rookie pick for Hill, so something is off here. Fantasy drafters obviously value Hill a lot more than I thought.

Bengals really need to revamp their rushing attack
I think they feel the same as you but I think their model of taking  a RB high, as they have done with Gio and Hill, is a poor strategy. NE has just built a RB corp on 4 players chosen in 4th-6th round.  Falcons just had a great season with a 3rd and 4th round picks. All kinds of examples, can go and on but I think the Bengals very well might roster 3 RB's they spend at least a second round pick on. That's so Bungle.

The ADP on MFL wont show anything more recent than Feb 2016 which is all of last seasons drafts as well in the data.

I found this ADP tool which shows drafts from Jan 2017 (so just the last 4 months) and Hill is being drafted at 109 recently. So he dropped a good bit from last season.

I think they feel the same as you but I think their model of taking  a RB high, as they have done with Gio and Hill, is a poor strategy. NE has just built a RB corp on 4 players chosen in 4th-6th round.  Falcons just had a great season with a 3rd and 4th round picks. All kinds of examples, can go and on but I think the Bengals very well might roster 3 RB's they spend at least a second round pick on. That's so Bungle.
Agree, especially given the many needs the team has.

Maybe a little bit but I think your expectation is close enough.

Hill is ranked 112 for standard scoring by Mike Clay but his ADP on MFL has been 47th overall. Which is a pretty big difference. I think Clays ranking of HIll is too high personally, even for standard format. I have never been a fan of Hill though.

If you use this as a starting point for what the rookie picks are worth by comparison, Clays ranking of 112 would be about what you want in return. A late first to early second round pick.

If you go by his ADP of 47 people have been drafting Hill at a similar price point as pick 1.04 which surprised me. His ADP in PPR keeper format leagues was 53 not that much lower. I suppose because the majority of his value has been in touchdowns.

I really doubt you could get a top 6 rookie pick for Hill, so something is off here. Fantasy drafters obviously value Hill a lot more than I thought.
Change it to drafts after Dec 28th of 2016 and he has dropped to 83 in non-ppr. But that's still suspect data because it has kickers and defenses ahead of him. Change it to PPR and its not useful data as it has him in the 200's after numerous IDP's. However, change it to RB+WR+TE and he's way down at 121 in PPR just before Victor Cruz and James Starks who don't even have teams IIRC.

He's not worth squat in my leagues, tried trading him for an early 2nd rounder and got laughed at. Everyone expects Cinci to draft his replacement in a few days.

I gave a late 2nd (16 teams, 26th pick) for him a few weeks ago.  And I may have overpaid. 

If I got an offer for an early 2nd I'd jump at that chance.  Otherwise I'm holding for next offseason when he's a free agent and go to a place that might utilize him.  Contract year and all that jazz makes him a buy low-sell later kinda guy.  That's obviously the optimistic point of view and the one I'm hoping for.  

Hope you sold already. His time is over.

It isn't his situation that's the issue. It's the talent. They should have kept Burkhead (who offers more everywhere including ST) and jettisoned Hill. If Gio's healthy come regular season, Hill shouldn't even be dressing on gamedays.

Users who are viewing this thread