What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Hill, RB (LVR) (1 Viewer)

Hill has been a less than mediocre real life rb. That said, given who is coach is he will likely get 300 touches while the Joe Mixon (who is a superior talent) gets three touches per game. Mark it down!

Hill's career / stats kinda reminds me of J. Stewart. I think he provides decent value in the 10 - 12th, as long as he keeps the GL touches and gets some run between the 20s.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought he did alright with the chances he was given last night. Couple nice runs. 6 carries and one catch, though :shrug:  

The offense simply isn't moving the ball well enough to sustain drives. 3 RBs splitting a small pie currently. I don't think any of them are startable as more than a desperation play at this point until something changes. I know that is a Capt Obvious statement but what else is there to say? Post game crew showed some replays where Dalton had good protection and still missed badly on throws. That offense is just bad right now.   

Is this guy even worth rostering in shallow dynasty leagues anymore ?
Third most impressive back on the 31st ranked offense.

Hard to believe a guy goes from seasons of 9-11-9 rushing TDs to worthless before age 25, but the film don’t lie. He has looked really sluggish and has only one red zone carry inside the 10.

Gio hasn’t looked bad but his role hasn’t changed much week to week, always right around 1/3 the snaps & half dozen touches. Mixon has had over half the HB snaps the last 3 weeks and has dominated touches (57-19-15.) Hill has averaged 3.65 YPC since his rookie year & simply isn’t getting the RZ looks that made him valuable.

2nd deals for RBs are pretty rare, and he’s obviously done in Cincy after this season. Maybe goes somewhere else that is a better fit. At this point he looks like a below average RB with a future that looks uncertain.

Third most impressive back on the 31st ranked offense.

Hard to believe a guy goes from seasons of 9-11-9 rushing TDs to worthless before age 25, but the film don’t lie. He has looked really sluggish and has only one red zone carry inside the 10.

Gio hasn’t looked bad but his role hasn’t changed much week to week, always right around 1/3 the snaps & half dozen touches. Mixon has had over half the HB snaps the last 3 weeks and has dominated touches (57-19-15.) Hill has averaged 3.65 YPC since his rookie year & simply isn’t getting the RZ looks that made him valuable.

2nd deals for RBs are pretty rare, and he’s obviously done in Cincy after this season. Maybe goes somewhere else that is a better fit. At this point he looks like a below average RB with a future that looks uncertain.
I'm afraid you may be right

How does a guy look like that his rookie year and then just completely crumble. He was insane that year. 

Signed by Pats. Could score a lot of Tds if he becomes primary goal line guy.
Good news. Still holding him in dynasty. I was hoping he would replace Stewart in Carolina, but this could be better.

ETA: Corey Dillon II  :drive:

Do I really have to find room on my roster for him? Will anyone want him? This is exactly the reason I grabbed him for free late last year. Now I don't want to. But I do. Egh.

Do I really have to find room on my roster for him? Will anyone want him? This is exactly the reason I grabbed him for free late last year. Now I don't want to. But I do. Egh.
Definitely. I grabbed him at the very end of the year and just put him on IR.  Will stash him away now and hope to get lucky. 

This is where I am too.  I picked him up towards the end of last year in case he landed somewhere nice, but now that he has I'm still not sure he'll make it through roster cuts (FFPC, so small rosters).

This is where I am too.  I picked him up towards the end of last year in case he landed somewhere nice, but now that he has I'm still not sure he'll make it through roster cuts (FFPC, so small rosters).
I'm looking at my one team that I own him and I think I can get away with keeping him through the 1st cut. I'd rather just sell him for hardly anything and move on. 

It’s a tough call. Burkhead did well there when he was healthy and there’s games where White dominates snaps. Hill has some potential there but would anyone be shocked if he’s inactive on games days like Mike Gillisless was?

Jeremy Hill - RB -  Patriots

Patriots RB Jeremy Hill was being used ahead of RB Mike Gillislee at camp Sunday.

Considered to have equal roles when camp initially opened, Hill has seemingly buoyed his 11-51-1 performance in Thursday's preseason opener into reps ahead of Gillislee. With Rex Burkhead battling an unspecified injury and Sony Michel (knee) still out, Hill has suddenly entered the picture as the Patriots' true No. 3 back behind the former two. James White will remain New England's passing and third-down back.

Related: Patriots

Source: Nora Princiotti on Twitter 

Aug 12 - 6:12 PM

Copying this from the preseason observation thread:

There's not a lot of buzz here, but I'm intrigued by this.  No one seems to be better at taking guys off the scrap heap and making them good, useful players than New England.  I'm not sure exactly what happened to Jeremy Hill.  He went from one of the best players in the league as a rookie to a total JAG in no time.  He has said this offseason that his ankle has bothered him for years, and he finally had surgery to correct it last year when the team put him on IR.  Even at the time, it seemed like the Bengals were somewhat upset with him for electing to have the surgery as opposed to playing through it.  Maybe NFL athleticism requires a certain minimum threshold to be successful, and some guys like Hill are close enough to that threshold that any ding or nick pushes them below it?  

Anyway, he's recovered from the surgery.  The Pats reached out to him pretty early in FA and signed him fairly quickly.  He's on a 1-year, prove-it deal at age 25 and probably looking to land another solid contract before he's put out to pasture.  The Patriots asked him to lose weight, and he's showed up at camp the lightest he's been since high school.  Does that mean the quickness is back?  Maybe.  Hill's never going to be confused for Dion Lewis, but if the weight loss and healthy ankle get him back over that minimum threshold of NFL athleticism, this could be a fun ride.

Sig and Cecil and Waldman frequently talk about the "drumbeat" of information.  Been a lot of positive beats here ...

Before people go crazy over Hill, Michel is recovering from a "procedure." And Burkhead has been out this week. Hill was barely a footnote in camp until those two were on the sidelines. And no other teams showed much, if any, interest in him or he would not have signed a one year, $1.5 million deal with only $150,000 as a signing bonus.

As I mentioned in other threads, guys that play a lot in preseason games for NE are generally fighting for a roster spot as a back up much more so than being used as a regular starter or contributor. In NE, the less you play in preseason games, the bigger the role in the regular season.

Hill is still fighting to make the team and most likely will be a short yardage back and used to give other backs a breather. He should play back fiddle to Michel, Burkhead, and White in the grand scheme in the NE backfield. He certainly would have a larger role if the other players are dinged and can't go in the regular season.

Before people go crazy over Hill, Michel is recovering from a "procedure." And Burkhead has been out this week. Hill was barely a footnote in camp until those two were on the sidelines. And no other teams showed much, if any, interest in him or he would not have signed a one year, $1.5 million deal with only $150,000 as a signing bonus.

As I mentioned in other threads, guys that play a lot in preseason games for NE are generally fighting for a roster spot as a back up much more so than being used as a regular starter or contributor. In NE, the less you play in preseason games, the bigger the role in the regular season.

Hill is still fighting to make the team and most likely will be a short yardage back and used to give other backs a breather. He should play back fiddle to Michel, Burkhead, and White in the grand scheme in the NE backfield. He certainly would have a larger role if the other players are dinged and can't go in the regular season.
That's mostly the point I was making.  Michel is probably out for the first few weeks of the season.  Even if he makes it back from whatever the procedure was, I'd be very surprised if he walks right into playing time from the trainer's table after missing all of camp.  Burkhead also isn't practicing, though with this being NE, we're left in the dark as to why exactly.

It's a lotto ticket, but potentially a very valuable one.

That's mostly the point I was making.  Michel is probably out for the first few weeks of the season.  Even if he makes it back from whatever the procedure was, I'd be very surprised if he walks right into playing time from the trainer's table after missing all of camp.  Burkhead also isn't practicing, though with this being NE, we're left in the dark as to why exactly.

It's a lotto ticket, but potentially a very valuable one.
Michel had his knee drained and is expected to be out for 10 days or so and should be ready for the regular season. Maybe the team is flat out being misleading on his condition or spreading inaccurate information, but Michel suiting up for Week 1 is the expectation. However, as discussed in other threads, Michel has been a bit of a mixed bag in camp, having some super human runs but also having fumbling issues. His role is expected to increase as the season progresses, although Burkhead seemingly will see the most work early in the season.

Burkhead had a mysterious injury last week that no one seems to have much intel on. It's too soon to tell if it is anything to worry about. 

Hill has been getting extensive use on special teams in camp. They did have Hill involved in a two minute drill yesterday as an outlet receiver and he caught a couple of swing passes. I tend to think that is all good news for Hill and not good news for Gillislee.

Michel had his knee drained and is expected to be out for 10 days or so and should be ready for the regular season. Maybe the team is flat out being misleading on his condition or spreading inaccurate information, but Michel suiting up for Week 1 is the expectation. However, as discussed in other threads, Michel has been a bit of a mixed bag in camp, having some super human runs but also having fumbling issues. His role is expected to increase as the season progresses, although Burkhead seemingly will see the most work early in the season.

Burkhead had a mysterious injury last week that no one seems to have much intel on. It's too soon to tell if it is anything to worry about. 

Hill has been getting extensive use on special teams in camp. They did have Hill involved in a two minute drill yesterday as an outlet receiver and he caught a couple of swing passes. I tend to think that is all good news for Hill and not good news for Gillislee.
I'm sure it's been discussed extensively elsewhere, but the Michel knee draining procedure/surgery doesn't really add up to me.  Either there's some semantics going on, or he had something like an MCL trimmed.  It doesn't require surgery to drain something, though perhaps the "surgery" terminology was never accurate to begin with.  Is the draining a "procedure" instead?  Maybe.

Still, why is the knee swelling to the point of needing to be drained?  That would suggest an underlying cause for concern, which I'm guessing the procedure was intended to address anyway.  I'm not sure what to expect from Michel early, but I personally don't expect him to be involved much.  As for Burkhead, if healthy he's probably getting first shot over Hill ... probably.  There were several times last year where I thought Burkhead was set to take over, and then just never did.  Maybe they were all injury related, but if Hill still has some of that rookie year talent hidden somewhere and gets an opportunity, he could produce and never give it back.  Crazier things have happened, and the acquisition cost is minimal.

Based on?
I meant out of the rotation ... based on what a lot of folks are talking about.  I didn't think that was a hot take given he's a rookie who just had some sort of surgery/procedure done on his knee, and even if he returns to full health by Week 1 will have missed most (if not all) of training camp.  I'd expect a pretty slow start to the season for Michel.

I meant out of the rotation ... based on what a lot of folks are talking about.  I didn't think that was a hot take given he's a rookie who just had some sort of surgery/procedure done on his knee, and even if he returns to full health by Week 1 will have missed most (if not all) of training camp.  I'd expect a pretty slow start to the season for Michel.
latest news was he'd rest 10 days after the procedure which would mean he could play in the third preseason game potentially.

When I heard of the news that Sony would need a procedure done on his knee my mind immediately went back to Trent Richardson's rookie season when he needed to have a clean-up procedure done on his left knee on Aug. 9th and was ready for the start of the regular season. I only remember because I ended up drafting him in a couple spots that year. The situations seem comparable although everyone heals differently and NE's offense is probably more complex than whatever CLE trotted out in 2012. I do think it's safe to assume he starts off slow though. 

Users who are viewing this thread