What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Maclin (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports the Eagles are expected to re-sign free agent Jeremy Maclin to a one-year contract.
The Eagles and Riley Cooper are hammering out a new deal at this moment. It appears Philadelphia wants to lock up both free-agent receivers before the market opens on March 11. Beat writer Jeff McLane says Maclin's deal will "most likely" be a one-year, "show me" contract in an effort to rehab his value after tearing his ACL last July. Maclin would be the favorite for No. 2 duties.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

Rotoworld:

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports the Eagles are expected to re-sign free agent Jeremy Maclin to a one-year contract.
The Eagles and Riley Cooper are hammering out a new deal at this moment. It appears Philadelphia wants to lock up both free-agent receivers before the market opens on March 11. Beat writer Jeff McLane says Maclin's deal will "most likely" be a one-year, "show me" contract in an effort to rehab his value after tearing his ACL last July. Maclin would be the favorite for No. 2 duties.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News
http://nfl.si.com/2014/02/26/philadelphia-eagles-resigning-riley-cooper-jeremy-maclin/

Riley Cooper is on the verge of a multi-year deal to stay with the Philadelphia Eagles, Jeff McLane of the Inquirer reported. Jeremy Maclin also may be back on a one-year contract of his own, though Cooper “likely will be locked up first,” according to McLane.
And they signed Peters today. Foles is a happy man.

Maclin favorite for #2 duties is a big guess at this point. Cooper signing a long term deal & Maclin signing a 1 yr deal, with a relatively new QB for Maclin, would make me believe Cooper & Maclin will be #2a/2b with Cooper getting more Red zone looks. Give me Cooper over Maclin in 2014.

Maclin favorite for #2 duties is a big guess at this point. Cooper signing a long term deal & Maclin signing a 1 yr deal, with a relatively new QB for Maclin, would make me believe Cooper & Maclin will be #2a/2b with Cooper getting more Red zone looks. Give me Cooper over Maclin in 2014.
Maclin and Foles had good chemistry in 2012 and that offense was awful. Think Mac could blow up in this offense.

Maclin's way better. It's not even close. Has to stay healthy though.

Hell no. Well, maybe the RZ looks part if both are healthy Id be shocked if Cooper ended up with more catches or yards or TDs. Maclin is far more talented and has the athleticism to maximize his production in that offense.

Local insiders say that Maclin is penciled in for the slot position to replace Avant. Sorry no link to those reports but apparently Maclin played a good bit of that position at Mizzou. His move to the slot certainly seems to be a fit on multiple levels.

Talent, 2 bad knees and no chemistry. As a homer I'd love to see Mac kill it, but Im not as confident in his talent out waying his health issues & Coopers rapport with Foles. If Maclin recovers from knee surgery & if he stays healthy are 2 big ifs that make this situation much murkier than talent & athleticism.

Talent, 2 bad knees and no chemistry. As a homer I'd love to see Mac kill it, but Im not as confident in his talent out waying his health issues & Coopers rapport with Foles. If Maclin recovers from knee surgery & if he stays healthy are 2 big ifs that make this situation much murkier than talent & athleticism.
Maclin had some pretty big games with Foles at QB in 2012. Here goes Maclin's numbers in all the games Foles started.

Was 12/23: 8/166/1 td

Cin 12/13: 4/70/0 td

TB 12/9: 9/104/1 td

Dal 12/2: 3/38/0 td

Car 11/26: 5/55/0 td

Was 11/18: no catches

Dal 11/11: 8/93/1 td

Eagles close to signing Riley Cooper to a new deal per Jeff McLane http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/Eagles-and-Riley-Cooper-near-a-new-contract.html

EDIT - still think Maclin signs on a one year deal here. Why wouldn't he? Blow up in Chip Kelly's offense, cash in in 2015.
How is he going to blow up taking Avant's job in the slot?
Would he even play in the slot or would they rotate Cooper/Maclin at the position opposite D-Jax and leave Avant in the slot? I am not familiar with the personnel packages that Kell's offense dictates...anyone know how the four WRs would/should be used?

Rotoworld:

Sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter that the Eagles are talking with free agent Jeremy Maclin but are not close to a deal.
The Eagles wanted to lock up Jason Peters, Jason Kelce, Riley Cooper and Maclin before the new league year opened. All the deals are done except for Maclin's. It's a tricky situation because he's coming off a torn ACL and the Eagles just gave Riley Cooper a $25 million deal with $10 million guaranteed. Maclin has conceded he may have to accept a one-year deal, but it now looks like he could find better opportunities elsewhere on a team with fewer mouths to feed (the Jets are reportedly very interested). Eagles beat reporters fully expect a deal to get done in the next 12 days, but it's far from a sure thing.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Eagles close to signing Riley Cooper to a new deal per Jeff McLane http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/Eagles-and-Riley-Cooper-near-a-new-contract.html

EDIT - still think Maclin signs on a one year deal here. Why wouldn't he? Blow up in Chip Kelly's offense, cash in in 2015.
Compared to the wasteland of the Jets?
Don't think the Jets are the right spot either, they are just the one most likely to break the bank for him. The Colts, Panthers and Pats all look like better options.

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Caplan reported on NFL Insiders that "4-6 teams" are expected to have interest in free agent Jeremy Maclin if he hits the market.
Caplan spoke to "several executives" at the Combine who were under the impression Maclin's surgically repaired knee is doing "great." From a financial perspective, it would certainly seem in Maclin's best interest to test the open market, where he'll be the second most coveted wideout behind Eric Decker. Maclin seemingly prefers to return to Philly, though, targeting a one-year deal.

Don't think the Jets are the right spot either, they are just the one most likely to break the bank for him. The Colts, Panthers and Pats all look like better options.
:yes:

Pats go for Sanders. Colts likely don't sign an expensive FA WR.

I don't think the Jets are as bad as it seems. A bit of a chicken and the egg argument in that it's not been a productive fantasy spot for WR's but than than they don't have very good WR's either.

But as an example take a look at Kerley's numbers on a per target basis the last two years and it's actually fairly impressive. Even Holmes started off 2012 strong before getting hurt,granted it was due to heavy usage but I'd expect any semi-big ticket WR they sign to be heavily used. Holmes sucked for the most part last year but that's because he was not the player he was pre-injury and may never be again.

I think if Maclin ended up in on the Jets, which I think is a strong chance if he the Eagles don't lock him up, he'll be a heavily targeted player on a weekly basis and produce consistent numbers. His challenge would be holding up physically to the attention and targets he would get as the undisputed #1WR on the team.

Patriots, Panthers, Redskins, Colts, or Eagles please. Brady, Newton, RG3, Luck, or Foles throwing the ball = winning.

Maclin's back with Philly for one year.
$6M, $3.5M guaranteed, not bad.
Rotoworld take:

Eagles agreed to terms with WR Jeremy Maclin on a one-year, $5.5 million contract with a max value of $6 million.
It's a master stroke by the Eagles, keeping 25-year-old Maclin off the market where he surely would've been a hot commodity despite last year's ACL tear. Maclin is fully expected to be ready by training camp. Turning 26 in May, Maclin posted a 69-857-7 season in 2012 and will return to compete with Riley Cooper for No. 2 receiver duties in Chip Kelly's attack. The Eagles are highly run based and Maclin will struggle for consistent week-to-week targets, making him a borderline WR3 as it pertains to fantasy. In real-life football, Maclin's return combined with Cooper, Zach Ertz, and Nick Foles' ascension gives Kelly's offense a shot at being even more "multiple" and explosive than the 2013 version, which ranked No. 2 in the NFL in total yards and No. 4 in points scored.

You guts might not believe this, but he WANTS to stay in Philly. He was offered a 4 year deal but the $ was not right, according to him. He is optimistic they will hammer something out long term during the season.

Rotoworld take:

Eagles agreed to terms with WR Jeremy Maclin on a one-year, $5.5 million contract with a max value of $6 million.
It's a master stroke by the Eagles, keeping 25-year-old Maclin off the market where he surely would've been a hot commodity despite last year's ACL tear. Maclin is fully expected to be ready by training camp. Turning 26 in May, Maclin posted a 69-857-7 season in 2012 and will return to compete with Riley Cooper for No. 2 receiver duties in Chip Kelly's attack. The Eagles are highly run based and Maclin will struggle for consistent week-to-week targets, making him a borderline WR3 as it pertains to fantasy. In real-life football, Maclin's return combined with Cooper, Zach Ertz, and Nick Foles' ascension gives Kelly's offense a shot at being even more "multiple" and explosive than the 2013 version, which ranked No. 2 in the NFL in total yards and No. 4 in points scored.

So they're "highly run biased" and he'll struggle for week to week targets but kelly's offense has a shot to be even more explosive than last year :oldunsure:

Rotoworld take:

So they're "highly run biased" and he'll struggle for week to week targets but kelly's offense has a shot to be even more explosive than last year :oldunsure:
What's confusing about it?

Lots of weapons, so individually, one person (unless named McCoy) is unlikely to be putting up 100/1 every week.

Rotoworld take:

Rotoworld at its finest.

Rotoworld take:

What's confusing about it?

Lots of weapons, so individually, one person (unless named McCoy) is unlikely to be putting up 100/1 every week.
That's not what it says.

Rotoworld:

Jeremy Maclin (knee) reiterated that he expects to be 100 percent for the first day of training camp.
Maclin tore his right ACL in late July, seven years after suffering the same injury to the same knee prior to his freshman season at Missouri. He says he's making excellent progress this time around. "I'm running, I'm cutting, I'm lifting," he said after signing his one-year deal with the Eagles. "I'm happy with where I am." If truly healthy, Maclin will run circles around Riley Cooper as they battle for snaps in two-wide sets. But given the history of his right knee, we can't be certain that will be the case.

Source: CSN Philly

Maclin and Ertz putting pressure on the middle of defenses is going to be fun to watch.
Maclin is not going to be much of a factor. DJax, Ertz, Celek, Cooper, McCoy lots of passing targets. His stats have never really been impressive when he was the obvious #2 in all reality. Now on a run first team with more options in the passing game he looks to be even less impressive. While he has had some good seasons with good TD output, he is just a decent WR3/4 in fantasy. I really wish he would have signed somewhere else for fantasy purposes, but he is what he is with the Eagles.

Maclin and Ertz putting pressure on the middle of defenses is going to be fun to watch.
Maclin is not going to be much of a factor. DJax, Ertz, Celek, Cooper, McCoy lots of passing targets. His stats have never really been impressive when he was the obvious #2 in all reality. Now on a run first team with more options in the passing game he looks to be even less impressive. While he has had some good seasons with good TD output, he is just a decent WR3/4 in fantasy. I really wish he would have signed somewhere else for fantasy purposes, but he is what he is with the Eagles.
Completely disagree. People forget that he had good chemistry with Nick Foles in 2012 AND is more talented than Riley Cooper. Cooper had a breakout year because the Eagles had nothing else at WR. I think the targets will go Jackson -> Maclin -> Ertz -> Cooper -> Celek.

I think what might be getting lost in this debate between Maclin or Cooper as #2 - is what is going to happen to DeSean Jackson?

DeSean Jackson has a 12.5 mil cap number in 2014. With the depth all signed - could / should the Eagles ask him to take a pay cut? Is DeSean worth 12.5 mil? If they were cut cut him outright - it would be a 6 mil cap hit but a 6.5 million in savings.

If Macklin proves to be healthy in 2014 and signs a long term extension before the season is over - I would say DeSean is gone in 2015 for sure.

jesseasi said:
I think what might be getting lost in this debate between Maclin or Cooper as #2 - is what is going to happen to DeSean Jackson?

DeSean Jackson has a 12.5 mil cap number in 2014. With the depth all signed - could / should the Eagles ask him to take a pay cut? Is DeSean worth 12.5 mil? If they were cut cut him outright - it would be a 6 mil cap hit but a 6.5 million in savings.

If Macklin proves to be healthy in 2014 and signs a long term extension before the season is over - I would say DeSean is gone in 2015 for sure.
There will only be $4M left on his signing bonus to take a cap hit on - $8M they would save cutting him.

jesseasi said:

The one thing the Eagles know not to do is to ask Desean to take a pay cut. They have already seen how he plays when he thinks he is being disrespected, and they don't need that on the current team. Their options are to cut him or keep him, and after last season they will keep him. I think you are right that he is most likely gone in 2015.

jesseasi said:

The one thing the Eagles know not to do is to ask Desean to take a pay cut. They have already seen how he plays when he thinks he is being disrespected, and they don't need that on the current team. Their options are to cut him or keep him, and after last season they will keep him. I think you are right that he is most likely gone in 2015.
With this WR class, it wouldn't surprise me to see them take a deep threat the first two days who can take over for DeSean in the future.

brohans i have been saying this for years maclin is like daniel son and foley canoli is like mister miyugi and when they get together they are doing to drum technique the other team and then finish them with a dance of the crane kick right in the kisser and then all you will here is peter setera singing glory of love and other songs by chicago to as maclin and foley canoli save the universe take that to the bank brohans

Users who are viewing this thread