What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

John Fox Must Go! (1 Viewer)

3-4 minutes left.Trailing by 10.Lets pull Dwill and JStew and go with Sutton !!!SUTTON !!!?????!?!Who the #### is SUTTON anyway ???
Must be dating Fox's daughter or something.
Hell, where was Goodson? At least he's explosive.
Inactive. They really like Sutton and I agree. Sutton can play fullback, return, he pass blocks well, decent receiver. Meanwhile Goodson has had trouble returning, pass blocking and cannot play fullback. Sutton will be involved as long as Hoover is injured. Should Sutton be given carries in important situations? Of course not.

There is NO EXCUSE for them being 1st and goal and attempting 3 straight passes on their first drive. With their two RBs and Delhomme being so bad, I couldn't believe that last night. Horrible!

There is NO EXCUSE for them being 1st and goal and attempting 3 straight passes on their first drive. With their two RBs and Delhomme being so bad, I couldn't believe that last night. Horrible!
Slightly off subject here, but the rumor here in Charlotte is that Jake Delhomme is in a serious relationship with Jerry Richardson's daughter and may have more support from the main office than from John Fox...

Fox, the clown that won't play a rookie 1st round pick in DeAngleo Williams years back, still won't play him when the game is on the line, instead opting to play a rookie.

This guy is a moron.

Slightly off subject here, but the rumor here in Charlotte is that Jake Delhomme is in a serious relationship with Jerry Richardson's daughter and may have more support from the main office than from John Fox...
That is completely not true, she is dating Julius Peppers._______

Seriously though, those are old rumors/news that no one beleives. What do people think this is this the WWE?

http://scottfowlerobs.blogspot.com/2009/10...ther-rumor.html

BS dude, just a ridiculous rumor.

Have you heard the rumor as well? I've tried goggling it but only find it mentioned in chat rooms, blogs, and forums.. nothing concrete.. But I've heard it from many sources...

Car could be a really scary team if they just managed to get a new coach and a new QB.
Definitely a team that can be built into something special... I bet Cowher is hoping to come to work with the panthers
I read something a few months back that Richardson is too cheap to go get Cowher. I guess the almighty $ is a bigger lure than winning. The old senile clueless owners are everywhere of late. Are there some young billionaires with a clue out there that can pry these team away from these old coots? They can't all be like Snyder.

BassNBrew said:
Cowher...where are you???
If Fox gets canned I will be very surprised if Cowher is not the Panther's next head coach.
I see him around town at least once/month and I would beg to differ...cat looks very fat and happy in his life right now (although all joking aside, he is absolutely ripped for a 50+ year old...he almost looks like another scale of human being). While we all think he "wants to get back into the game", he makes 1-2mm+ showing up on set every weekend for like 20 weeks, yet could make 5-6 mm living in the the freakin' coach's office?? No way...he is used to a lesser extravagant standard of living (after all he lives in Raleigh not Greenwich, CT) and his wife is from Raleigh area and most likely would not appreciate her husband going back out on the road 6 days/week.Hey, if it were to happen for him again, the Panthers are the place, but I am just not sure whether (1) he wants to do it or (2) he will be "allowed" to do so.

Have you heard the rumor as well? I've tried goggling it but only find it mentioned in chat rooms, blogs, and forums.. nothing concrete.. But I've heard it from many sources...
I could be wrong, but personally, I thought he was married...

Fox, the clown that won't play a rookie 1st round pick in DeAngleo Williams years back, still won't play him when the game is on the line, instead opting to play a rookie.This guy is a moron.
Giants will be looking for a defensive coordinator after this season (Sheridan looks like one-and-done). Might be nice to welcome John Fox back into the fold.

Car could be a really scary team if they just managed to get a new coach and a new QB.
Definitely a team that can be built into something special... I bet Cowher is hoping to come to work with the panthers
I read something a few months back that Richardson is too cheap to go get Cowher. I guess the almighty $ is a bigger lure than winning. The old senile clueless owners are everywhere of late. Are there some young billionaires with a clue out there that can pry these team away from these old coots? They can't all be like Snyder.
Richardson wasn't too cheap to keep peppers... Just Sayin...

QB is far more necessary than coach. Fox used to be a great coach when Delhomme was younger and played with confidence instead of doubt. Problem is, good QB's aren't exactly easy to find.

Fox, the clown that won't play a rookie 1st round pick in DeAngleo Williams years back, still won't play him when the game is on the line, instead opting to play a rookie.This guy is a moron.
Giants will be looking for a defensive coordinator after this season (Sheridan looks like one-and-done). Might be nice to welcome John Fox back into the fold.
I hope so that helps in 2 ways. DeAngelo rolls and the Giants D falters under Alzheimer Fox, forcing Eli (my backup QB) to have to throw more.

BassNBrew said:
Cowher...where are you???
If Fox gets canned I will be very surprised if Cowher is not the Panther's next head coach.
I see him around town at least once/month and I would beg to differ...cat looks very fat and happy in his life right now (although all joking aside, he is absolutely ripped for a 50+ year old...he almost looks like another scale of human being). While we all think he "wants to get back into the game", he makes 1-2mm+ showing up on set every weekend for like 20 weeks, yet could make 5-6 mm living in the the freakin' coach's office?? No way...he is used to a lesser extravagant standard of living (after all he lives in Raleigh not Greenwich, CT) and his wife is from Raleigh area and most likely would not appreciate her husband going back out on the road 6 days/week.Hey, if it were to happen for him again, the Panthers are the place, but I am just not sure whether (1) he wants to do it or (2) he will be "allowed" to do so.
By all accounts Cowher wants back in the game, egos are a funny thing. Not saying you are wrong but I have a hard time believing Cowher makes 1-2 million a year at CBS. Seems really high to me. I have to think with Carolina's personnel and the proximity to Raleigh that the Panthers are a cherry for Bill C. In regards to Richardson not wanting to spend the money I think he probably would spend the 6-8 million it is going to cost for Cowher because Richardson just had a heart transplant and he knows he is on borrowed time from here on out. So why not spend spend spend.It really boggles my mind that the Panthers neither drafted a QB or brought one in after the playoff implosion by Jake. There really is no excuse for that.

Dwill - 4th qaurter -- 1 carry. WOW -- the biggest weapon on either sideline and he gets 1 carry when it counts the most.
Remember the playoff game vs. the Cards last year? I watched in disbelief as Fox got away from a run game that looked very good to start the game. And with Delhomme throwing pick after pick, down or not, why not pound the ball on the ground with the red hot DWill and keep the ball out of the Cards' hands? Instead kept throwing and throwing and throwing ... to the Cardinals! I can't believe Fox's lack of flexibility in reacting to game situations.

FavreCo said:
milo66 said:
Fox, the clown that won't play a rookie 1st round pick in DeAngleo Williams years back, still won't play him when the game is on the line, instead opting to play a rookie.

This guy is a moron.
I hope so that helps in 2 ways. DeAngelo rolls and the Giants D falters under Alzheimer Fox, forcing Eli (my backup QB) to have to throw more.
What a trip, I had no idea Eli was your backup.

FavreCo said:
milo66 said:

This guy is a moron.
What a trip, I had no idea Eli was your backup.
Now ya do.

Sweet Love said:
I could be wrong, but personally, I thought he was married...
He is married, and he and his wife have two kids.

Personal lifeDelhomme was married to the former Keri Melancon in 2000; the two were childhood sweethearts[1], and were "Junior Sweethearts" at Teurlings Catholic.[30] They have two daughters: Lauren Elizabeth, who was born on December 17, 2001, and Lindsey Marie, who was born on February 25, 2007.[31] Delhomme wears #17 because it is the date of his first daughter's birthday, and she was born after 17 hours of labor.[1] The Delhommes are practicing Roman Catholics.[30]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Delhomme

Last edited by a moderator:
Personal lifeDelhomme was married to the former Keri Melancon in 2000;
How else would that sentence be written? It is talking about when he got married, not that he isn't married anymore.
You have a point. Still, doesn't mean he's currently married... It's odd so many people are talking about Jake and Mr. Richardson's daughter. Seems like a wide spread rumor like that would have lost it's gas a long time ago if there was nothing to it. Most local sports fans I've spoken to about it have heard it at least once somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's odd so many people are talking about Jake and Mr. Richardson's daughter. Seems like a wide spread rumor like that would have lost it's gas a long time ago if there was nothing to it. Most local sports fans I've spoken to about it have heard it at least once somewhere.
Now you are spreading the rumor on this board. Do you believe all the gossip you hear? It doesn't take much for one person, especially a personality in a media platform, to spread a false rumor. Several months ago the hot rumor out of Charlotte was that Julius Peppers is gay.

1. Carolina Panthers at 13:14

2. 6-T.Morstead kicks 71 yards from NO 30 to CAR -1. 33-M.Goodson to CAR 21 for 22 yards (52-J.Casillas).

3. 1-10-CAR 21 (13:09) 22-T.Sutton right guard to CAR 26 for 5 yards (51-J.Vilma, 41-R.Harper).

4. 2-5-CAR 26 (12:35) 17-J.Delhomme pass incomplete short right to 89-S.Smith.

5. 3-5-CAR 26 (12:29) 17-J.Delhomme pass deep right to 82-G.Barnidge to CAR 42 for 16 yards (41-R.Harper) [94-C.Grant]. Penalty on NO-41-R.Harper, Defensive Pass Interference, declined. Pass 16, Catch 0

6. 1-10-CAR 42 (12:06) 34-D.Williams right guard to NO 48 for 10 yards (41-R.Harper, 42-D.Sharper).

7. 1-10-NO 48 (11:29) 28-J.Stewart left guard to NO 48 for no gain (56-J.Dunbar, 92-R.Ayodele).

8. 2-10-NO 48 (10:48) 17-J.Delhomme pass short left to 80-D.Jarrett to NO 39 for 9 yards (41-R.Harper). Pass 6, Catch 3

9. 3-1-NO 39 (10:11) 17-J.Delhomme pass short left to 80-D.Jarrett to NO 36 for 3 yards (22-T.Porter). Pass 0, Catch 3

10. 1-10-NO 36 (9:33) 17-J.Delhomme pass incomplete short left to 47-J.King (42-D.Sharper).

11. 2-10-NO 36 (9:28) 34-D.Williams right end to NO 32 for 4 yards (41-R.Harper).

12. 3-6-NO 32 (8:43) 34-D.Williams left end pushed ob at NO 23 for 9 yards (50-M.Mitchell).

13. 1-10-NO 23 (8:13) 17-J.Delhomme pass short middle to 89-S.Smith to NO 19 for 4 yards (69-T.Hargrove, 42-D.Sharper). Pass 3, Catch 1

14. 2-6-NO 19 (7:31) 28-J.Stewart right tackle to NO 15 for 4 yards (94-C.Grant, 56-J.Dunbar).

15. 3-2-NO 15 (6:50) 28-J.Stewart left tackle to NO 13 for 2 yards (93-B.McCray).

16. 1-10-NO 13 (6:15) 28-J.Stewart left tackle to NO 11 for 2 yards (51-J.Vilma, 42-D.Sharper).

17. 2-8-NO 11 (5:39) 28-J.Stewart right tackle to NO 1 for 10 yards (58-S.Shanle).

18. Timeout #1 by CAR at 04:51.

19. 1-1-NO 1 (4:51) 17-J.Delhomme up the middle to NO 7 for -6 yards (91-W.Smith).

20. 2-7-NO 7 (4:17) 22-T.Sutton right guard to NO 6 for 1 yard (56-J.Dunbar, 91-W.Smith).

21. 3-6-NO 6 (3:35) 17-J.Delhomme pass incomplete short right to 34-D.Williams.

22. 4-6-NO 6 (3:30) 4-J.Kasay 25 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-44-J.Jansen, Holder-7-J.Baker. WATCH HIGHLIGHT

23. CAR 20 NO 13 Plays: 19 Possession: 9:47

This drive vs. New Orleans in week 9 was classic. Begining of the third quarter and Carolina is killing New Orleans on the ground. They get down to the one yard line, call a time-out and procede to make 3 questional calls. What is wrong with giving it to Stewart or Williams on the 1? Even Childress could make that call. After that it was all down hill for the Panthers.

There were three big plays in that game.

1. The INT by Delhomme inside the 10 was a killer. Horrible pass. Again, why pass there?

2. With the score 17-14 Miami with 5 mins to go, Miami converts a crucial 3rd and 12 pass in their own territory to Davone Bess. A stop there would've been HUGE. A CAR drive with a FG or TD would've saved the game if they made that stop.

3. The very next play after the 3rd and 12 conversion was Williams big TD run to give the Dolphins a 24-14 lead.

Unfortunately, this season is all about big plays they didn't make.

It's odd so many people are talking about Jake and Mr. Richardson's daughter. Seems like a wide spread rumor like that would have lost it's gas a long time ago if there was nothing to it. Most local sports fans I've spoken to about it have heard it at least once somewhere.
Now you are spreading the rumor on this board. Do you believe all the gossip you hear? It doesn't take much for one person, especially a personality in a media platform, to spread a false rumor. Several months ago the hot rumor out of Charlotte was that Julius Peppers is gay.
He's not?

Users who are viewing this thread