What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

John Kuhn, RB Pit (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Steelers signed FB/RB John Kuhn from their practice squad.

We've heard positive things about Kuhn, who could eventually be Pittsburgh's short-yardage runner. Don't be surprised if he's active on gameday, not Duce Staley.

The kid looked real sharp in preseason. Blocking was solid, recieving skills were more than adequate for a fullback and he ran well with the ball when he got it. He is the kind of fullback that Denver seems to turn into a 1K yd tailback... okay, maybe he isn't THAT fast.

Steelers signed FB/RB John Kuhn from their practice squad.We've heard positive things about Kuhn, who could eventually be Pittsburgh's short-yardage runner. Don't be surprised if he's active on gameday, not Duce Staley.
He has possibilities, but I would be surprised to see him activated at all. Down the road guy - way down the road.

I think Dale Lolley nails the Kuhn situation, when he writes on his blog, NFL from the sidelines:

More changes

It looks as if Kendall Simmons will regain his starting spot at right guard this week, but will it last.

Head coach Bill Cowher said Tuesday that the battle between Chris Kemoeatu and Simmons would be a week-to-week thing. It looks like this is Simmons' week after Kemoeatu struggled in Oakland in place of Simmons.

Could it be that simple, or is Cowher playing matchups? I guess we'll find that out next week.

Also, it looks like John Kuhn, just activated off the practice squad, will dress instead of Duce Staley this week.

The reason? Kuhn can help out on special teams. Staley can't.
I don't see Kuhn as being "sleeper." He will play, just not a major role.

Last edited by a moderator:
nightshift said:
Godsbrother said:
nightshift said:
Down the road guy - way down the road.
:goodposting:
:thankyou:If FWP could not go, I can say with certainty Duce would be heavily in the mix, way before Kuhn.
Duce Staley is not expected to be active in Week 9.It appears John Kuhn, activated from the practice team just this week, has already passed Staley on Pittsburgh's depth chart.Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

nightshift said:
Godsbrother said:
nightshift said:
:thankyou:If FWP could not go, I can say with certainty Duce would be heavily in the mix, way before Kuhn.
Duce Staley is not expected to be active in Week 9.It appears John Kuhn, activated from the practice team just this week, has already passed Staley on Pittsburgh's depth chart.Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Wrong. Kuhn can play special teams, Staley will not be used in that role. Which is fine by me. As long as FWP stays healthy, neither will see any significant RB playing time.However, if a situation would arise where FWP could not play, Staley would be activated & he would see more playing time over Kuhn.Don't get me wrong. I like Kuhn but he's not ready for primetime. Too soon for him.

nightshift said:
Godsbrother said:
nightshift said:
Wrong. Kuhn can play special teams, Staley will not be used in that role. Which is fine by me. As long as FWP stays healthy, neither will see any significant RB playing time.However, if a situation would arise where FWP could not play, Staley would be activated & he would see more playing time over Kuhn.Don't get me wrong. I like Kuhn but he's not ready for primetime. Too soon for him.
Staley seems to be trash. People said the same thing about Gado last year. Now Kuhn is a different type of back than Gado, but he could easily become the short yardage back, and that's not a bad thing for RB #3 potential.

I just laugh that every time someone gets signed or promoted from the practice squad mid season.... the inevitable sleeper thread will start! There's a reason most couldn't crack a roster in the first place!
I don't think anyone is saying that Kuhn is a star type, but mid-season practice roster players given a chance can prove to help some fantasy teams, as this is a proven fact.

nightshift said:
Godsbrother said:
nightshift said:
Staley seems to be trash. People said the same thing about Gado last year. Now Kuhn is a different type of back than Gado, but he could easily become the short yardage back, and that's not a bad thing for RB #3 potential.
If the o-line keeps performing like they have in recent weeks, I don't see Kuhn or anyone else being an effective short yardage back for the Steelers.

for those unfamiliar with the steelers.. john kuhn is just a mini version of mike alstott... just a tad quicker.....

I see the guy being used primarily as a blocker for Big Ben and a hole opener for FWP. The offensive line hasn't been the same this year and they need to get Ben a fraction longer and help Willie break out of the backfield.

The Steelers are in a deep hole right now, S.B. slump whatever you call it...and they need to do something quick. While they are still the defending Champs...it is looking to be a very disappointing year for them.

And if you think Kuhn is a FF Sleeper, then you may be concussed also....get a helmet. :football:

I see the guy being used primarily as a blocker for Big Ben and a hole opener for FWP. The offensive line hasn't been the same this year and they need to get Ben a fraction longer and help Willie break out of the backfield.

The Steelers are in a deep hole right now, S.B. slump whatever you call it...and they need to do something quick. While they are still the defending Champs...it is looking to be a very disappointing year for them.

And if you think Kuhn is a FF Sleeper, then you may be concussed also....get a helmet. :football:
KRIEDER,FB.

Users who are viewing this thread