What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jon Runyan going on vacation for a week (1 Viewer)

LOL...sounds like a bunch of agent BS to me. I think someone was asking for too much money :o
:goodposting: I bet if a team called him up and said they'd give him the contract that he wanted, he'd be on a plane within the hour.

LOL...sounds like a bunch of agent BS to me.  I think someone was asking for too much money :o
:goodposting: I bet if a team called him up and said they'd give him the contract that he wanted, he'd be on a plane within the hour.
He pretty much says that very thing in the article. But his point was that he's not going to make visits without an offer in hand. It's usually not done that way, particularly for a guy who views himself as the premier FA at his position.

LOL...sounds like a bunch of agent BS to me. I think someone was asking for too much money :o
He pretty much says that very thing in the article. But his point was that he's not going to make visits without an offer in hand. It's usually not done that way, particularly for a guy who views himself as the premier FA at his position.
This may be similar to a rook not watching ESPN / ESPN2 all weekend to see where he gets drafted. He has an agent and he can handle the info. Why not take a few days off and let them come to you / your agent?

http://www.angelocataldi.com/rants.html

Now we’ve got to watch Jon Runyan and his 144-game streak of injury-free football enter the free-agent market. The Eagles can’t keep anybody healthy, and they’re letting their iron man market his services to the highest bidder. Hey, you’ve really got to count your pennies when you only have $18.7-million under the cap.

There are many reasons to hate the way the Eagles are handling this situation, but one stands out above all others for me. Jon Runyan is a man who never made a peep of complaint when the team screwed him out of $600,000 of his salary last year in an unnecessary renegotiation, and this is a man who had been one of the strongest ambassadors the team has had in the Jeff Lurie era.

If they’re going to punish the childish behavior of Terrell Owens, doesn’t it make sense to reward the honorable behavior of Jon Runyan?

Apparently not.

Because the Eagles are The Cheapest Organization in Sports.

Cataldi is a blowhard, but he's right on this one. It's not like the Eagles don't have the $$$ or that Runyan is no longer effective.

http://www.angelocataldi.com/rants.html

Now we’ve got to watch Jon Runyan and his 144-game streak of injury-free football enter the free-agent market. The Eagles can’t keep anybody healthy, and they’re letting their iron man market his services to the highest bidder. Hey, you’ve really got to count your pennies when you only have $18.7-million under the cap.

There are many reasons to hate the way the Eagles are handling this situation, but one stands out above all others for me. Jon Runyan is a man who never made a peep of complaint when the team screwed him out of $600,000 of his salary last year in an unnecessary renegotiation, and this is a man who had been one of the strongest ambassadors the team has had in the Jeff Lurie era.

If they’re going to punish the childish behavior of Terrell Owens, doesn’t it make sense to reward the honorable behavior of Jon Runyan?

Apparently not.

Because the Eagles are The Cheapest Organization in Sports.
:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread