What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just ran over a rabbits nest with lawnmower (1 Viewer)

'The_Burning_Bush said:
Mitt Romney would have held those rabbits down as you ran them over.
Obama would have launched cruise missile strikes from an offshore aircraft carrier at the nest while accepting the Nobel peace Prize.

Reminds me of a situation a few years back right around Easter. I was raking the Magnolia leaves on my lawn when I heard a little squeek. I raked the area again and heard the same squeek. Dig under the leaves and out pop three tiny bunnies. My kids (aged 4 and 6 at the time) chase after two of the bunnies. They corner the two and we're looking around for the third. Unfortunately, our dog Jessie (a pit/lab mix) was outside with us. I walk over to Jessie and see he is licking something. Ends up being the third bunny - rip bunny. I mention to my wife that Jessie got a bunny (wasn't any blood luckily) and my 6 y.o. sees Jessie before I can get to the dead bunny and yells out, "JESSIE KILLED THE EASTER BUNNY". It was very, very difficult to keep a straight face at the time.

Reminds me of a situation a few years back right around Easter. I was raking the Magnolia leaves on my lawn when I heard a little squeek. I raked the area again and heard the same squeek. Dig under the leaves and out pop three tiny bunnies. My kids (aged 4 and 6 at the time) chase after two of the bunnies. They corner the two and we're looking around for the third. Unfortunately, our dog Jessie (a pit/lab mix) was outside with us. I walk over to Jessie and see he is licking something. Ends up being the third bunny - rip bunny. I mention to my wife that Jessie got a bunny (wasn't any blood luckily) and my 6 y.o. sees Jessie before I can get to the dead bunny and yells out, "JESSIE KILLED THE EASTER BUNNY". It was very, very difficult to keep a straight face at the time.
:lmao: Your response should have been "That's right, kid, and if you don't straighten up we're gonna let Jessie loose on Santa Claus, too."

I was thinking of this thread while feeding my snake last night. He eats live rats. When he struck the rat he bit the backside instead of the head and only wrapped up the rat's bottom half. That doesn't let him constrict the lungs. For an hour and a half the rat was squeaking and struggling and the snake didn't shift position for a better strangle hold. I felt pretty bad for the poor rat, so I ended up whacking it on the head with a hammer. Multiple times...

Bottom line: the snake is fed and I am now qualified as an exterminator.

I was thinking of this thread while feeding my snake last night. He eats live rats. When he struck the rat he bit the backside instead of the head and only wrapped up the rat's bottom half. That doesn't let him constrict the lungs. For an hour and a half the rat was squeaking and struggling and the snake didn't shift position for a better strangle hold. I felt pretty bad for the poor rat, so I ended up whacking it on the head with a hammer. Multiple times...Bottom line: the snake is fed and I am now qualified as an exterminator.
Oh, I missed you rabbits nest thread! I was having bunny gut withdrawals!!!

I was thinking of this thread while feeding my snake last night. He eats live rats. When he struck the rat he bit the backside instead of the head and only wrapped up the rat's bottom half. That doesn't let him constrict the lungs. For an hour and a half the rat was squeaking and struggling and the snake didn't shift position for a better strangle hold. I felt pretty bad for the poor rat, so I ended up whacking it on the head with a hammer. Multiple times...

Bottom line: the snake is fed and I am now qualified as an exterminator.
My link

Just discovered two new nests. One in the front and one in the back. Seems like they were freshly dug. Looked and nothing in there as of yet. Must be liking the free meals.

Just discovered two new nests. One in the front and one in the back. Seems like they were freshly dug. Looked and nothing in there as of yet. Must be liking the free meals.
they are building their rabbit army to take you down. Make your time now.GLLLLLLL PEAS

Ive always thought they lived in lairs. Rabbits lair. Yeah, that sounds right..

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus what a mess. I just closed my eyes and ran them over again. This is horrible. :cry:
Are they dead or just more mangled?
They are dead. I am an animal lover and feel sick by this. I paniced and did not know what to do. Thought hitting them a second time would be more painless than drowing or a shovel the the head.
Next time go with the shovel, aim for the neck.As long as you put them out of their misery as quickly as you could that's the important thing.
Ya, like in between posts...
This post still gets me every time I read it :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I thought of this thread while feeding my snake the other day. I've got a ball python, he's only about 2 1/2 feet long, around a year and a half old. He eats live rats. He made a terrible strike at the rat and only wrapped up its front legs. He bent it backward and the rat had blood coming out of its mouth, maybe internal injuries? Anyway, the snake wouldn't let go even though he had no chance of constricting the rat holding just its legs. The rat started to fight back, trying to bite, so I had to do something.

Out came the hammer. As my wife looked on in apprehension I sent the Hammer of Death on a downward strike. Unfortunately my aim was not true, and I struck only the bottom of the cage. Steeling myself, I repositioned the snake/rat combo and raised the hammer again. "You might not want to watch this," I said to my wife. Then the hammer came down again, this time with a satisfying yet horrifying thud. The rat slowed down considerably but there must have been enough brain left to keep its fight-or-flight response going because its back legs started kicking toward the snake. Three hammer blows later, the rat's head was soft and virtually flat and it stopped moving. Two minutes later the snake started eating its undeserved meal.

The wife was sickened.

I was thinking of this thread while feeding my snake last night. He eats live rats. When he struck the rat he bit the backside instead of the head and only wrapped up the rat's bottom half. That doesn't let him constrict the lungs. For an hour and a half the rat was squeaking and struggling and the snake didn't shift position for a better strangle hold. I felt pretty bad for the poor rat, so I ended up whacking it on the head with a hammer. Multiple times...Bottom line: the snake is fed and I am now qualified as an exterminator.
I thought of this thread while feeding my snake the other day. I've got a ball python, he's only about 2 1/2 feet long, around a year and a half old. He eats live rats. He made a terrible strike at the rat and only wrapped up its front legs. He bent it backward and the rat had blood coming out of its mouth, maybe internal injuries? Anyway, the snake wouldn't let go even though he had no chance of constricting the rat holding just its legs. The rat started to fight back, trying to bite, so I had to do something. Out came the hammer. As my wife looked on in apprehension I sent the Hammer of Death on a downward strike. Unfortunately my aim was not true, and I struck only the bottom of the cage. Steeling myself, I repositioned the snake/rat combo and raised the hammer again. "You might not want to watch this," I said to my wife. Then the hammer came down again, this time with a satisfying yet horrifying thud. The rat slowed down considerably but there must have been enough brain left to keep its fight-or-flight response going because its back legs started kicking toward the snake. Three hammer blows later, the rat's head was soft and virtually flat and it stopped moving. Two minutes later the snake started eating its undeserved meal.The wife was sickened.
Your snake isn't really good at this whole eating thing.

Good memory, I didn't remember if I'd written about the first time. Yes, this is the second time I've had to bring out the Hammer of Death. He's young and still learning, hopefully I won't have to do any more rat-bashing. I was a lot quicker to act this time, I didn't want to spend another hour and a half waiting for it to get a better grip.

Last edited by a moderator:
My dog was sniffing out a chipmunk hiding in the bushes the other night while I sat on the back deck/patio enjoy a beverage and a cigar. I thought of this thread and wondered aloud if I should just get out the mower. My wife was like :shrug: and I just had to tell her she would not understand......... :bag:

I was hoping this thread would go away..I made my peace with the rabbitts and have made reparations in terms of pellets, carrots and water.

Training has taught me to look far in front of the area I am cutting as to not get into a bloody mess like this again.

'MikeIke said:
'Black Box said:
Good memory, I didn't remember if I'd written about the first time. Yes, this is the second time I've had to bring out the Hammer of Death. He's young and still learning, hopefully I won't have to do any more rat-bashing. I was a lot quicker to act this time, I didn't want to spend another hour and a half waiting for it to get a better grip.
Actually, I just hadn't read the thread in a long time, and the most recent post for me started with your first one. Easy to catch that way :)

'Da Guru said:
I was hoping this thread would go away..I made my peace with the rabbitts and have made reparations in terms of pellets, carrots and water.Training has taught me to look far in front of the area I am cutting as to not get into a bloody mess like this again.
I still can't wrap my head around the decision to go back with the mower. That is absolute comedy.

the final moments in the short life of a baby rabbit...

dismembered baby rabbit: "WTF, that ####### just ran over all of us with a mower! Holy Christ! Most of my family is dead, and my #### are 3 feet in the opposite direction from my ears! I think I am missing a leg too, but I cannot really tell through all the blood."

dismembered baby rabbit: "What is this ####### doing, he is on his computer! Is he posting to Facebook? Holy crap what kind of barbarian slaughters a family of rabbits and then posts on the internet?"

dismembered baby rabbit: "Is that a tear, is this jerk crying. HEY NUMBNUTS, I AM THE ONE MISSING BODY PARTS NOT YOU. The nerve of some people. This day just could not get any worse."

dismembered baby rabbit: "Holy #### he is back on the lawn mower, he is making a second pass! What is wrong with peop...."

the final moments in the short life of a baby rabbit...

dismembered baby rabbit: "WTF, that ####### just ran over all of us with a mower! Holy Christ! Most of my family is dead, and my #### are 3 feet in the opposite direction from my ears! I think I am missing a leg too, but I cannot really tell through all the blood."

dismembered baby rabbit: "What is this ####### doing, he is on his computer! Is he posting to Facebook? Holy crap what kind of barbarian slaughters a family of rabbits and then posts on the internet?"

dismembered baby rabbit: "Is that a tear, is this jerk crying. HEY NUMBNUTS, I AM THE ONE MISSING BODY PARTS NOT YOU. The nerve of some people. This day just could not get any worse."

dismembered baby rabbit: "Holy #### he is back on the lawn mower, he is making a second pass! What is wrong with peop...."
HFS!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

'MikeIke said:
'Black Box said:
Maybe you need to hammer the rats first and then toss them in to the snake pit...

I heard you coming so I hid at the bottom of the nest. On the first pass you ripped off my dewclaw; on the second pass you lacerated my spleen and obliterated my brother and sister. It was kind of like their ashes being scattered throughout our home, except the ashes were live body parts and they not only went throughout our home, but well into our neighbors too. Thanks for the extra effort. You were probably like, hey, I bet they don’t have the guts to stay in my yard anymore. I wanted to throw up, but bunny’s can’t throw up. Karma Guru, Karma.

I swear every Saturday when I get on that tractor and mow the lawn I think of this thread. Every week.
:lol: Me too. We've had 3 different nests of bunnies this summer in our front yard. I'm amazed I didn't Guru at least one of them.

I swear every Saturday when I get on that tractor and mow the lawn I think of this thread. Every week.
:lol: Me too. We've had 3 different nests of bunnies this summer in our front yard. I'm amazed I didn't Guru at least one of them.
Did you just create a new word?"Guru" - /ˈɡʊruː; ˈɡuːruː/ (Verb). A combination of the French word "ghoulish" and English word "rerun"

1) to accidentally run over a nest of rabbits with a lawn mower.

2) to take mercy on a suffering animal by finishing it off; to deliver a coup-de-grace.

3) to receive feedback from a message board community in the middle of a horrible event.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread