What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kevin Smith Injury (1 Viewer)

So now I get to spend the whole rest of the week trying to decide if I can trust Kevin Smith to make it through a whole game in my semifinal matchup. :wall:
I have a tough choice too; two of Donald Brown, Stevan Ridley, Kendall Hunter, Yosemite Sam and Kevin Smith.

So now I get to spend the whole rest of the week trying to decide if I can trust Kevin Smith to make it through a whole game in my semifinal matchup. :wall:
Big difference this time he is practicing on Wednesday which he didn't do last time out. And he is "moving well" something that was not said last time around iether. Also add in the fact that he'll have had a full two weeks off going into the game and I am starting him with confidence.

Big difference this time he is practicing on Wednesday which he didn't do last time out. And he is "moving well" something that was not said last time around iether. Also add in the fact that he'll have had a full two weeks off going into the game and I am starting him with confidence.
totally agree :thumbup: also think this week they will be looking to prove they are worthy of a playoff spot after the fluky way they won/nearly lost to a 2-11 Minny team last week. Local sports radio in the D has been all over them this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd much rather angst over whether K.Smith will hold up against a horrible OAK rush defense than my other option: fearing what I won't get from Hillis this week. As Joey ... noted above, Smith's 'per quarter' production for as long as he stays healthy is off the charts. May well be a weekly result changer if he plays strong for the full game.

I am starting him with confidence as well....at least as much confidence as you can have while cringing every time he takes a hit. Mr Mendenhall, have a seat.

I'm starting him with NO confidence. Sitting some pretty decent options for him too... I can absolutely see him ending my season, but I can also see him getting me to the championship game single handedly. Can't leave the potential on the bench.

I'm starting him with NO confidence. Sitting some pretty decent options for him too... I can absolutely see him ending my season, but I can also see him getting me to the championship game single handedly. Can't leave the potential on the bench.
I don't have any decent options, so if healthy he is my guy and I hope for the best. I got through without him last week, so I hope he is a go this week. I do have a feeling he will be fine. I watched him get hurt the previous couple times and the most recent one didn't look as bad and it seemed like he was itching to get in the game. I think practicing somewhat today is a good sign. If he is practicing fully at the end of the week and active, no way he is out of my lineup. All of us Smith owners just need to say a prayer that he finishes the game.

'zamboni said:
'az_prof said:
'doublavae02 said:
#2 RB = smith, gerhart, khalil bell or starkssmith, no brainer
Even if Smith starts, does anyone believe he won't share significant touches?
I think Smith will get the vast majority of touches if he's able to go. The running game faltered without Smith, while Morris - while he's filled in OK at times - and Williams are inferior options.
:goodposting: The only way Smith doesn't get the lion's share of touches is if he gets hurt in the game (assuming he practices/gets the start). Based on his productivity when healthy and a bad run defense, if he is healthy, he is hard to not play. For those of us who already are dealing with lesser options, he is a no-brainer start if he is playing.

If I wasn't already starting Stafford AND Megatron, I'd have no hesitation starting Smith over Tolbert, Spiller, and Bradshaw. But...

'killrobotkill said:
Who else would you go with on your roster? My only other choice is Driver... so I'm rolling with Kev and hoping he can finish the game.

'zamboni said:
'az_prof said:
'doublavae02 said:
#2 RB = smith, gerhart, khalil bell or starks

smith, no brainer
Even if Smith starts, does anyone believe he won't share significant touches?
I think Smith will get the vast majority of touches if he's able to go. The running game faltered without Smith, while Morris - while he's filled in OK at times - and Williams are inferior options.
:goodposting: The only way Smith doesn't get the lion's share of touches is if he gets hurt in the game (assuming he practices/gets the start). Based on his productivity when healthy and a bad run defense, if he is healthy, he is hard to not play. For those of us who already are dealing with lesser options, he is a no-brainer start if he is playing.
I see what you did there.

smith did not practice today...
Updating a previous item, Kevin Smith (ankle) was held out of Lions practice Wednesday.

A previous report hinted that Smith would participate because he was present for the start of Wednesday's practice. Instead, he spent the day working with trainers. In recent weeks, the key day for Smith's game-day availability has been Thursday. If he practices tomorrow and rebounds well enough to get in reps on Friday, Smith should be the Lions' starter against the Raiders. Source: MLive.com Dec 14 - 5:36 PM

For those of us who already are dealing with lesser options, he is a no-brainer start if he is playing.
The real dilemma comes when your alternatives are in the Wells/Benson/Barber class. All four could have very good weeks.
PPR or non-PPR? If PPR and Smith is healthy, I would start him over all 3 with no reservations.
Me, I'd start Wells over all three. Great matchup at home.

smith did not practice today...
Updating a previous item, Kevin Smith (ankle) was held out of Lions practice Wednesday.

A previous report hinted that Smith would participate because he was present for the start of Wednesday's practice. Instead, he spent the day working with trainers. In recent weeks, the key day for Smith's game-day availability has been Thursday. If he practices tomorrow and rebounds well enough to get in reps on Friday, Smith should be the Lions' starter against the Raiders. Source: MLive.com Dec 14 - 5:36 PM
maybe he practiced a little bit? i hate these reports that go back and forth...
Kevin Smith (ankle) said he likely will be available for Sunday's game against the Raiders.

Smith took some handoffs and ran routes at practice Wednesday before leaving to work with trainers. He said his ankle "felt good," adding that he could move and cut better than last week. It sounds like Smith is on track to be a high-risk, high-reward kind of fantasy play this week.

Kevin Smith and Chris Houston have a helmet for a 2nd straight day. - per DaveBirkett on twitterGood sign!
According to Chris McCosky he's also practicing. He's working in team drills per a number of sources.
:thumbup: And a :banned: to him actually playing and playing well on Sunday.
I have same quandry as a few others here: Ry Mathews (or simliar RB in bad matchup) or Ke Smith @OAK. There is risk in both players: you don't see Mathews on the field in 2 minute offenses (or obvious passing downs?) or at the goalline. I think Mathews' upside is maybe 80 total yards (40 rush, 40 receiving), 5-6 catches and probably no TD. I am not sure what the game script will be. Chargers will probably continue to run the ball as long as the game is close. However, seeing them vs. JAX and BUF, those games were not that close and Rivers was chucking it.For Kevin Smith, he will carry the ball and get catches as long as he is upright. Keiland Williams might spell him some. Smith seems to have more upside, esp in PPR.

I think this is the game where Smith pays the fantasy bills bigtime. He has looked not just good, but incredible when he has been in there. IF he can finish the game (which I know is a big IF), I think his stat line will be in the top 5 at his position for this week. In THIS lions offense, a healthy Smith is a STUD.

For those of us who already are dealing with lesser options, he is a no-brainer start if he is playing.
The real dilemma comes when your alternatives are in the Wells/Benson/Barber class. All four could have very good weeks.
This is where I am, trying to decide between K.Smith and Wells.
Wish I had that problem. Need to decide between Felix Jones, Deangelo Williams, and Kevin Smith... makes it harder that Felix plays Saturday so game time information on Smith and how warmup goes won't help to make decision...

I need Kevin to come up bigtime here. Just hope he holds up and can play in week 16 too or I'm most likely done. Glad to read the positive news!

This is where I am, trying to decide between K.Smith and Wells.
I'm going with M. Bush, S. Jackson, and C. Benson all over K. Smith.
I'm going with M. Bush and K. Smith over C. Benson, and I'd also go over SJax if I owned him. Just temper expectations of Bush. Suh is back and the Raiders starting center, Samson Satele is probably out too.

Users who are viewing this thread