What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Knile Davis RB - Arkansas (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

Knile Davis rushed 27 times for 81 yards and two touchdowns and caught two passes for five yards in the Chiefs' Week 17 loss to San Diego.
Caddying for Jamaal Charles all year, third-round rookie Davis entered Week 17 with just 43 rushing attempts on the season but excelled in the starting role to keep Kansas City competitive despite starting a junior varsity-caliber lineup in a meaningless game. This should serve as a reminder that Davis will be an essential handcuff for Charles' fantasy owners in 2014. In the playoffs, he'll be no more than a lightly used change-of-pace back.

Rotoworld:

Chiefs RB Knile Davis has been diagnosed with a sprained left knee and fractured fibula.
It's the first we've heard of Davis since he went down in Saturday's Wild Card loss. Speaking afterward, coach Andy Reid claimed Davis was "fine." We suppose that means his sprain is minor. Either way, Davis now heads into the offseason at far less than 100 percent, and should be considered questionable for OTAs. Davis missed his entire junior season at Arkansas with a broken ankle. Jamaal Charles' backup finished his rookie year averaging 3.5 yards across 70 carries. A fumbler in college, Davis coughed up the ball twice, losing it once.

Source: Reid Ferrin on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Chiefs RB Knile Davis (broken leg) "should" be ready for OTAs.

The word comes straight from coach Andy Reid. Davis went down late in the Chiefs' Wild Card loss to the Colts, also suffering a sprained left knee. The sprain was apparently minor. Davis will spend another year as Jamaal Charles' caddie in 2014.

Source: Terez A. Paylor on Twitter

(KFFL) Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said the team plans on giving RB Knile Davis (leg) more touches next season as long as he can recover from his broken leg. "As we went on, we were able to do that with Knile," Reid said. "Knile was a rookie and he was learning every week and getting better every week. As the season went on we were able to give him the ball a little bit more. Coming into this season, we'll be able to mix it up a little bit better than what we did early in the season last year."

Rotoworld:

Chiefs RB Knile Davis did not require surgery to repair his fractured fibula.

Davis suffered the injury in Kansas City's Wild Card playoff loss to the Colts. He also sprained his left knee. Davis is "healed and doing everything" in the Chiefs' offseason conditioning program, according to coach Andy Reid. The 22-year-old sophomore back returns as Jamaal Charles' fantasy handcuff.

Source: Terez Paylor on Twitter

Apr 21 - 1:53 PM

Obviously he's limited by Charles but has great upside if Charles were to miss a game or two.

Good dynasty stash for a rainy day.

Rotoworld:

The Kansas City Star confirms the Chiefs "expect more" from second-year RB Knile Davis.

It is difficult to take Jamaal Charles off the field in any situation, but he could use more breathers after finishing 2013 as the only NFL running back to lead his team in rushing, targets, receptions, yards, and receiving touchdowns. Although Charles is an exception to many rules, it shouldn't be forgotten that he's 5-foot-11, 200. Davis has a chance to earn more change-of-pace work this season, and is one of fantasy football's most valuable handcuffs.

Source: Kansas City Star

Jul 13 - 2:35 PM

he looked good in the post season last year before he joined JC on the bench with injury. He really finished strong. Thinking he'll be very reliable if JC goes down.

he looked good in the post season last year before he joined JC on the bench with injury. He really finished strong. Thinking he'll be very reliable if JC goes down.
He got a lot of volume in Charles' absence, but didn't look particularly good IMO. Davis is big and fast for his size, but has minimal lateral ability or wiggle. He's a nice FF handcuff due to the system, but that's probably all he'll ever be.

He got a lot of volume in Charles' absence, but didn't look particularly good IMO. Davis is big and fast for his size, but has minimal lateral ability or wiggle. He's a nice FF handcuff due to the system, but that's probably all he'll ever be.
I agree. As a Charles owner in dynasty I've been trying to get Davis for a few years now to handcuff. Unfortunately people rostering him seem to think his value is a good bit more than just a handcuff and I'm not really willing to overpay. I'll keep trying I guess.

I agree. As a Charles owner in dynasty I've been trying to get Davis for a few years now to handcuff. Unfortunately people rostering him seem to think his value is a good bit more than just a handcuff and I'm not really willing to overpay. I'll keep trying I guess.
What kink of value does he hold in dynasty circles ?

I traded him for basically handcuff prices the other day. Deangelo Williams and Knile for CJ Anderson and DaRick Rogers. I figure him and CJ are both backup flyer material and I get to add a young WR ticket. :shrug:

I traded him for basically handcuff prices the other day. Deangelo Williams and Knile for CJ Anderson and DaRick Rogers. I figure him and CJ are both backup flyer material and I get to add a young WR ticket. :shrug:
I bought Davis for a late 2015 2nd this offseason to cuff him to Charles. I personally wouldn't pay more than that.

Elusiveness isn't his strong suit, but he has a rare size/speed combo. If he had been able to string together a second season like his best in college and than turn pro, he would have probably gone higher in the draft.

Two of his biggest issues dating back to college are his fragility and putting the ball on the ground.

If he can somehow improve in those two areas (admittedly big ifs), I could see him capable of success beyond merely that of a handcuff. Though he may not have much opportunity to show it as long as Charles is healthy and he remains under contract in KC.

My hunch is that he lacks the instincts and elusiveness to be a long term star, but that he has a special combination of weight/speed and that he might show enough flashes in small spurts to spike his value and get people excited. Look at McFadden. He has been a pretty massive tease for his entire five year career, and yet still to this day I'm seeing people get good value for him in trades. If you ask me whether or not Davis will become a reliable yearly starter, my guess is no. If you ask me whether or not his value might rise at some point and create a good selling opportunity, I think there's a realistic chance. We sometimes forget about guys like Steve Slaton and Julius Jones who spike for a brief moment. If you get a guy like this for a 2nd round rookie pick and you're prepared to sell after he strings together a few good games, you could turn a nice profit. As a long term hold I would not be that optimistic.
Knile is Money!!!

Brewtown ... 'is money' as in trade value when Charles is hurt as Magaw suggests, or you see a feature role for him down the road?

Brewtown ... 'is money' as in trade value when Charles is hurt as Magaw suggests, or you see a feature role for him down the road?
I view a guy of his size/speed as a unique talent in this league....

I cannot predict injury, but RB's get hurt all the time...

He looks like he has it....
Maybe. Maybe not. He has warts....A lot of NFL fantasy success hinges on opportunity and system. IF Davis was down in JAX, would we say the same thing? If Watkins had been drafted to the Broncos, would we think differently.

Davis is getting it done when he has the opportunity but I don't know if I think he's an awesome talent or anything. All that is moot though, the only thing that matters is what is and he is getting points so, regardless, I see the justification for talking him up.

Andrew74 said:
Isn't the huge knock on this guy is that he's a walking injury time bomb?
With all the injuries this year, it's been reinforced that anyone is one play away from being injured. Even the typically durable Charles himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Davis and from what I've seen his game reminds me a bit of David Wilson. Fast straightline runner, can lower his pads, but looks more awkward than natural. Not very good lateral agility at all which IMO is the main knock on him. However he seems to run very good routes and can catch and does run with more power than charles.

He will put up pts in the KC system just out of sheer volume.

Andrew74 said:
With all the injuries this year, it's been reinforced that anyone is one play away from being injured. Even the typically durable Charles himself.
It wasn't that long ago that Charles missed nearly an entire season...

Reportedly no change in KC's game plan with JC out of the lineup:

Coach Andy Reid confirmed that the game plan won't change much if Knile Davis starts in place of Jamaal Charles (ankle) against the Dolphins Sunday.
Charles has missed all or most of the three games across the last two seasons. In those games, Davis is averaging 22.3 carries, 5.0 catches, 97.0 total yards and has scored six touchdowns. Reid and the Chiefs have every reason to be confident in the second-year back as someone they can build offense through. The RB-dependent scheme Reid has installed would stay intact, leaving Davis as a RB1 candidate. Sep 16 - 8:33 AM
Source: Kansas City Star

Andrew74 said:
True, but that was a freak non-contact injury out of bounds. He's been pretty durable the last few years as the workhorse. The main point is that any RB can get hurt any time - it's a rough position.

Andrew74 said:
True, but that was a freak non-contact injury out of bounds. He's been pretty durable the last few years as the workhorse. The main point is that any RB can get hurt any time - it's a rough position.
Exactly!

Knile Davis has a rare physical makeup. Yes, he does have a discerning history of injuries. He also has a bad ratio/history of turnovers dating back to college(small hands).

However, now is the time to use what he does bring to the table. Andy Reid RBs score in FF, so use him while you can. Maybe trade high once Charles is back to full health, especially in dyno leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously he's limited by Charles but has great upside if Charles were to miss a game or two.

Good dynasty stash for a rainy day.
GREAT Dynasty Stash!!
I am not so high on his dynasty potential, but he is a must have handcuff for J Charles's owner.
Why?

Is he TOO BIG, STRONG, AND FAST???...

This guy is an Effin STUD!

He is going to ROLL in Charles absence...

Charles might return to a full blown RBBC...

Andrew74 said:
Yeah, and the biggest game of his career (last year's playoff game).

Users who are viewing this thread