What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Knile Davis RB - Arkansas (1 Viewer)

Put the pipe down and back away from claims that Davis is going to push Charles into a RBBC.
Obviously he's limited by Charles but has great upside if Charles were to miss a game or two.

Good dynasty stash for a rainy day.
GREAT Dynasty Stash!!
I am not so high on his dynasty potential, but he is a must have handcuff for J Charles's owner.
Why?

Is he TOO BIG, STRONG, AND FAST???...

This guy is an Effin STUD!

I can say with confidence, Davis will get a lot more of the workload after Charles comes back. I think Reid will have a new RB strategy going forward.

Full disclosure, I am a Jamaal Charles owner in 75% of my leagues.

I have Davis and from what I've seen his game reminds me a bit of David Wilson. Fast straightline runner, can lower his pads, but looks more awkward than natural. Not very good lateral agility at all which IMO is the main knock on him. However he seems to run very good routes and can catch and does run with more power than charles.

He will put up pts in the KC system just out of sheer volume.
Demarco Murray.

He looks like he has it....
Maybe. Maybe not. He has warts....A lot of NFL fantasy success hinges on opportunity and system. IF Davis was down in JAX, would we say the same thing? If Watkins had been drafted to the Broncos, would we think differently. Davis is getting it done when he has the opportunity but I don't know if I think he's an awesome talent or anything. All that is moot though, the only thing that matters is what is and he is getting points so, regardless, I see the justification for talking him up.
He ran a 4.37 at 227lbs. That's pretty special.

His 10-40 and 20-40 splits were the same as Onterrio McCaleb.

I have Davis and from what I've seen his game reminds me a bit of David Wilson. Fast straightline runner, can lower his pads, but looks more awkward than natural. Not very good lateral agility at all which IMO is the main knock on him. However he seems to run very good routes and can catch and does run with more power than charles.

Demarco Murray.
That's exactly who he reminds me of as well.

Dose: Knile Would Fill JC Role

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/48730/77/dose-knile-would-fill-jc-role

Excerpt:

Speaking Monday, coach Andy Reid confirmed Jamaal Charles suffered a high-ankle sprain in the Week 2 loss to the Broncos. Reid said it "doesn't look to be a real severe one, but it does have the component of a high-ankle sprain." There have been indications that Charles' sprain is more on the mild side, but he's still considered week-to-week and could miss up to a month of action.

Enter Knile Davis. On Tuesday, Reid said the offensive game plan won't change much with Davis in the lineup. In three games Charles has missed, Davis is averaging 27.3 touches for 97.0 total yards and has scored six touchdowns. Reid simply drops Davis into Charles' every-down role and keeps the plan the same. Against the Broncos, Davis' nine targets in the passing game led the team. Davis is well worth the No. 1 waiver priority and a good chunk of an FAAB budget as a true RB1 thanks the Reid's scheme. The thing working against Davis this week is that he'll have to face the Dolphins. Miami is Pro Football Focus' far-and-away top-ranked defense through two weeks. The Dolphins are No. 1 against the run in PFF's metrics, and have the league's top-ranked pass rush. Kansas City has one of the tougher schedules.

Dose: Knile Would Fill JC Role

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/48730/77/dose-knile-would-fill-jc-role

Excerpt:

Speaking Monday, coach Andy Reid confirmed Jamaal Charles suffered a high-ankle sprain in the Week 2 loss to the Broncos. Reid said it "doesn't look to be a real severe one, but it does have the component of a high-ankle sprain." There have been indications that Charles' sprain is more on the mild side, but he's still considered week-to-week and could miss up to a month of action.

Enter Knile Davis. On Tuesday, Reid said the offensive game plan won't change much with Davis in the lineup. In three games Charles has missed, Davis is averaging 27.3 touches for 97.0 total yards and has scored six touchdowns. Reid simply drops Davis into Charles' every-down role and keeps the plan the same. Against the Broncos, Davis' nine targets in the passing game led the team. Davis is well worth the No. 1 waiver priority and a good chunk of an FAAB budget as a true RB1 thanks the Reid's scheme. The thing working against Davis this week is that he'll have to face the Dolphins. Miami is Pro Football Focus' far-and-away top-ranked defense through two weeks. The Dolphins are No. 1 against the run in PFF's metrics, and have the league's top-ranked pass rush. Kansas City has one of the tougher schedules.
Yea, Miami's ZERO points in my league last week was very reassuring...

Hype train is out of control. I inquired in my league (dynasty) and was told he'd trade Knile for Graham. WTF.

kolp said:
Xue said:

Demarco Murray.
Maybe, but I think Murray moves laterally much better than Davis does and seems to have better vision as well. Not down on Davis at all, I think he's instantly a RB1 right now. He's definitely in the right kind of blocking scheme however to utilize his ability.

In. Dude looked fantastic in relief of Charles last week. I recall him flashing last season as well. Andy Reid RB off the wire. Tasty.

Dave Richard from CBS said if Knile keeps performing well then Charles may not even be the lead back remainder of the regular season. Kind of an extreme position, but it makes you think. Why not keep Charles out until after the week 6 bye if Knile keeps killing it?

We all assume Charles just jumps right back in there at 25 carries a game soon but sometimes real football decisions are different than fantasy.

Dave Richard from CBS said if Knile keeps performing well then Charles may not even be the lead back remainder of the regular season. Kind of an extreme position, but it makes you think. Why not keep Charles out until after the week 6 bye if Knile keeps killing it?

We all assume Charles just jumps right back in there at 25 carries a game soon but sometimes real football decisions are different than fantasy.
Eh... I dunno about that, he'd need to be SPECTACULAR in relief and even then it'd at best be an equal timeshare. Didn't they just give jamaal a big contract?

Eh... I dunno about that, he'd need to be SPECTACULAR in relief and even then it'd at best be an equal timeshare. Didn't they just give jamaal a big contract?
I expect him to do well. He's always done well in relief, not just last week. Pretty much the #1 handcuff in drafts this year.

Just as an aside, Charles did break his ankle while playing at UT. Not sure if it's the same ankle though or if it even affects his recovery time.

I expect him to do well. He's always done well in relief, not just last week. Pretty much the #1 handcuff in drafts this year.
Davis has done well from a FF standpoint certainly, but it's been based on volume / system, and in NFL terms he's nowhere near as good as Jamaal Charles. I'm glad I have Davis as a handcuff, but come on now, he's not pushing Charles into a time share.

Put the pipe down and back away from claims that Davis is going to push Charles into a RBBC.
Obviously he's limited by Charles but has great upside if Charles were to miss a game or two.

Good dynasty stash for a rainy day.
GREAT Dynasty Stash!!
I am not so high on his dynasty potential, but he is a must have handcuff for J Charles's owner.
Why?

Is he TOO BIG, STRONG, AND FAST???...

This guy is an Effin STUD!

he needs to or the poor guy is gonna keep getting dinged up.. JC has never been the most durable...

dude's first run went for 25 yards. :thumbup:

next 21 runs for 54 yards...... :thumbdown:

oh, he also caught 6 balls -- good ppr points :thumbup:

for 26 yards.......... :thumbdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
He looks like he has it....
Maybe. Maybe not. He has warts....A lot of NFL fantasy success hinges on opportunity and system. IF Davis was down in JAX, would we say the same thing? If Watkins had been drafted to the Broncos, would we think differently. Davis is getting it done when he has the opportunity but I don't know if I think he's an awesome talent or anything. All that is moot though, the only thing that matters is what is and he is getting points so, regardless, I see the justification for talking him up.
He ran a 4.37 at 227lbs. That's pretty special.

His 10-40 and 20-40 splits were the same as Onterrio McCaleb.
There have been many a workout warrior with an eye popping stat at the combine before. It doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Taiwan Jones was faster than Davis and all that specialness got him was converted to a DB.

If Davis was so "special" he would have been drafted higher. That's very debatable and can be explained a million ways but, in general, if the NFL saw him as "special", he would have been talked up and drafted higher and the general discussion of him would be much more like how people discuss Christine Michael (you wouldn't be waiting until an injury to occur before people were lauding him).

Davis has done well from a FF standpoint certainly, but it's been based on volume / system, and in NFL terms he's nowhere near as good as Jamaal Charles. I'm glad I have Davis as a handcuff, but come on now, he's not pushing Charles into a time share.
Agree.

If Larry Johnson couldn't push Priest Holmes into a time share, if Ben tate couldn't push Foster (when everyone RAVED about BEn Tate), then we probably need to realize this is a result of reacting to what's in front of us today instead of thinking about the entire story.

Above and beyond Charles' HOF-level ability, Knile Davis just really isn't all that good. He's big and fast and can catch, but has minimal wiggle and is subpar on all of the intangible stuff like vision, instincts, and creativity. He's a good backup NFL RB, but that's about it. And to push Jamaal Charles, he'd have to be a top 5 NFL talent in his own right, and he's not even close.

Remember the people saying Bryce Brown was taking LeSean McCoy's job after Brown had those two big games? Yeah, Davis forcing a timeshare with Charles is every bit as absurd.

I got Knile everywhere I could and will probably use him as long as he is starting but him becoming lead back with Charles sounds insane to me - Charles' career YPC is 2 yards higher on 9-10x as many carries.

If Davis looks good I could definitely see a scenario where the touches become 65-35 or something like that and suddenly Charles maybe isn't worth the top 5 overall price he cost at the beginning of the year, although he has been incredibly efficient pretty much his whole career.

Rotoworld:

Knile Davis got the first rep with the starting offense at Friday's practice, but Jamaal Charles (ankle) got the next two.

It doesn't give us much information on Charles' status. For now, we can only call him a true game-time decision ahead of Sunday's 4:25pm ET start. "We appreciate his effort," coach Andy Reid said of Charles. "He came in and pushed through this thing. If he can't go he can't go. The other guys have practiced." Owners of both Davis and Charles need to be prepared with late-swap options.

Related: Jamaal Charles

Source: ESPN.com

Sep 19 - 10:26 PM

I'm going to post what I posted in the JC thread. Take it with a grain of salt

I've seen a lot of skeptical posts about the Charles, Davis situation today and I want to provide some hope to Davis owners. I have a source in the Chiefs organization directly tied to the offense. I cannot name names or say where this information has come from and I hope you understand why. I talked to my source today and he told me directly that Davis will be getting the bulk of the carries this Sunday. He said Charles injury is worse than the Chiefs are making it seem just to throw smokescreens. This is Davis's week and after his game last week, the Chiefs think it would be better to rest Charles this game and see how Davis does. Like I said, I cannot disclose my source and I have no way to prove my information is legit. However I used both my waiver claims on Davis and will be starting him this Sunday. For those skeptics, you will see Sunday that my source is legit.

EDIT: Doing 200 push ups in my underwear in front of the local Wal Mart and posting the video here if Charles has more touches than Davis.

EDIT 2: My own proof I picked up Davis off waivers and that he is in my starting lineuphttp://imgur.com/a/6QoPr[1]

I've seen a lot of skeptical posts about the Charles, Davis situation today and I want to provide some hope to Davis owners. I have a source in the Chiefs organization directly tied to the offense. I cannot name names or say where this information has come from and I hope you understand why. I talked to my source today and he told me directly that Davis will be getting the bulk of the carries this Sunday. He said Charles injury is worse than the Chiefs are making it seem just to throw smokescreens. This is Davis's week and after his game last week, the Chiefs think it would be better to rest Charles this game and see how Davis does. Like I said, I cannot disclose my source and I have no way to prove my information is legit. However I used both my waiver claims on Davis and will be starting him this Sunday. For those skeptics, you will see Sunday that my source is legit.

EDIT: Doing 200 push ups in my underwear in front of the local Wal Mart and posting the video here if Charles has more touches than Davis.

EDIT 2: My own proof I picked up Davis off waivers and that he is in my starting lineuphttp://imgur.com/a/6QoPr[1]
Can your source tell us why Travis Kelce isn't seeing at least 50% of the offensive snaps? The guy's leading the team in receiving yards and he only plays a third of the downs...

Can your source tell us why Travis Kelce isn't seeing at least 50% of the offensive snaps? The guy's leading the team in receiving yards and he only plays a third of the downs...
?

Agree.

If Larry Johnson couldn't push Priest Holmes into a time share, if Ben tate couldn't push Foster (when everyone RAVED about BEn Tate), then we probably need to realize this is a result of reacting to what's in front of us today instead of thinking about the entire story.
To be fair, not that many people were high on Charles his coming out year. I added him that year to handcuff LJ and cause I'm an Austin Homer, but I was able to get him with my last pick. I think the biggest impact in getting Charles more touches was his explosiveness in the return game. If Knile can show some big play potential week to week we don't know what will happen. These two situations are kind of unrelated due to different play and coaching staff, but I thought it was funny you brought up LJ and Holmes and I was thinking about this.

I don't have a source but his snap count is related to last year's knee injury and microfracture surgery. This type of surgery is still an evolving science and it's overall success depends on so many factors. So similar to Gronk, even though Kelce was medically cleared to play to start the season, it doesn't necessarily mean he's back to 100% and full go. You could expect the Chiefs to be very cautious out of the gate and increase his snaps as the season progresses. Even Kelce himself has said he doesn't expect to be back all the way until midseason. But so far he looks pretty good.

guys, if you need help reading between the lines, here you go:

he says the injury is worse than letting on, and says they will rest charles this week. yet he says davis will get more carries than charles this week, implies charles may play next week, and he will do pushups if charles gets more touches this week.

nothing to see here folks. he's not even making a real prediction, just that davis will get more touches this week.

carry on.

he says the injury is worse than letting on, and says they will rest charles this week. yet he says davis will get more carries than charles this week, implies charles may play next week, and he will do pushups if charles gets more touches this week.

nothing to see here folks. he's not even making a real prediction, just that davis will get more touches this week.

carry on.
Believe it or not, doesn't bother me. I'm just passing on information that I find out

carry on.
Believe it or not, doesn't bother me. I'm just passing on information that I find out
no you aren't. you're making things up.

you are saying that the injury is way worse than they are letting on and his practicing is a smoke screen, yet charles may play.

carry on.
no you aren't. you're making things up.

you are saying that the injury is way worse than they are letting on and his practicing is a smoke screen, yet charles may play.
I know, Kids.... LOL inj is worse then they let on yet they called it a high ankle sprain????? so what is it a torn mcl/acl LOL.. The fact he is out there practicing makes me think he is better then they let on not the other way around.... Im monitoring this if he's active, he's in my Line up, Charles that is.

Posts like this if untrue should be permabanned from NFL talk from here on out.....

Posts like this if untrue should be permabanned from NFL talk from here on out.....
To be fair to the original poster, how exactly ARE people with insider info supposed to "validate" their claims? Take it for what it's worth, and for each reader that's different. Personally I'd prefer an excess of information, regardless of its perceived reliability, as opposed to no info at all.

whats your problem?

Take this with a grain of salt, but if you're in desperation mode at RB and have Knile Davis, you should start him. I found this on reddit, might be useful information. Might not. But it does make sense that no way JC could come back and already started practicing.

edit: did is not a flapgreen quote, please don't' flame him or message him. I just wanted to use a quote box and clicked quote on the first post I saw

whats your problem?

Take this with a grain of salt, but if you're in desperation mode at RB and have Knile Davis, you should start him. I found this on reddit, might be useful information. Might not. But it does make sense that no way JC could come back and already started practicing.

edit: did is not a flapgreen quote, please don't' flame him or message him. I just wanted to use a quote box and clicked quote on the first post I saw
oh, well you presented it in this thread as it was your own inside info. if that wasn't your intention, i apologize. i can't read your mind.

whats your problem?

oh, well you presented it in this thread as it was your own inside info. if that wasn't your intention, i apologize. i can't read your mind.
...or can't read period. In the original post he clearly stated that he got it from reddit.

Right? I copied and paste and said I got it from reddit.

-He goes on and how JC wouldn't be practicing if he's not playing and calling out for a ban if this is false.

-I post an interview from Kniles Davis saying JC is out

-He goes and now call for a ban on me not because it was false but for getting it on reddit

ridiculous

whats your problem?

...or can't read period. In the original post he clearly stated that he got it from reddit.
no, he said that in the JC thread, not this one. i accept your apology.

Demarco Murray.
reminds me of a young Priest Holmes.

Users who are viewing this thread