What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Knile Davis RB - Arkansas (1 Viewer)

I have Davis and from what I've seen his game reminds me a bit of David Wilson. Fast straightline runner, can lower his pads, but looks more awkward than natural. Not very good lateral agility at all which IMO is the main knock on him. However he seems to run very good routes and can catch and does run with more power than charles.

He will put up pts in the KC system just out of sheer volume.
Demarco Murray.
That's exactly who he reminds me of as well.
reminds me of a young Priest Holmes.
Whoa, let's not get silly now.

I have Davis and from what I've seen his game reminds me a bit of David Wilson. Fast straightline runner, can lower his pads, but looks more awkward than natural. Not very good lateral agility at all which IMO is the main knock on him. However he seems to run very good routes and can catch and does run with more power than charles.

Demarco Murray.
What's ironic is that a very similar situation happened on these boards years ago re: Priest and his hip. One person posted inside info from "a source" about Priest being done for the year cuz of his hip. People debated back and forth about the claim, demanding the poster to be banned. In the end, it is information that you may choose to believe or not believe, and that's what we do when it comes to speculating value. So, debate whether the OP is making it up. Argue whether he should be banned. Call him names. Throw sticks and stones, in the end YOU have to decide what to do with this information. I for one would rather have more info than less to make my decisions.

BTW: Priest Holmes was done that year which was debated on these boards 2 weeks before any "reliable" source posted the news. Wish I listened and picked up Larry Johnson...

Last edited by a moderator:

Demarco Murray.
What's ironic is that a very similar situation happened on these boards years ago re: Priest and his hip. One person posted inside info from "a source" about Priest being done for the year cuz of his hip.People debated back and forth about the claim, demanding the poster to be banned. In the end, it is information that you may choose to believe or not believe, and that's what we do when it comes to speculating value. So, debate whether the OP is making it up. Argue whether he should be banned. Call him names. Throw sticks and stones, in the end YOU have to decide what to do with this information. I for one would rather have more info than less to make my decisions.

BTW: Priest Holmes was done that year which was debated on these boards 2 weeks before any "reliable" source posted the news. Wish I listened and picked up Larry Johnson...
was a misunderstanding. he presented it in this thread as if he was the source. said nothing about reddit. that was in another thread that he posted in, apparently.

that said, i agree with you for the most part, but misinformation shouldn't have to be a factor in decision-making.

red said:
jestertj said:
T with T said:

Demarco Murray.
What's ironic is that a very similar situation happened on these boards years ago re: Priest and his hip. One person posted inside info from "a source" about Priest being done for the year cuz of his hip. People debated back and forth about the claim, demanding the poster to be banned. In the end, it is information that you may choose to believe or not believe, and that's what we do when it comes to speculating value. So, debate whether the OP is making it up. Argue whether he should be banned. Call him names. Throw sticks and stones, in the end YOU have to decide what to do with this information. I for one would rather have more info than less to make my decisions.

Ohhh, one of my favorite fantasy football memories of all-time. I had a feeling the OP was telling the truth and called someone in KC to verify something he said. I picked up Larry Johnson, told the story to my buddies - who all laughed at me and said I was a crackpot - and then road LJ to the Championship that season. Those were the glory days of the Shark Pool.

red said:
jestertj said:
T with T said:

Demarco Murray.
What's ironic is that a very similar situation happened on these boards years ago re: Priest and his hip. One person posted inside info from "a source" about Priest being done for the year cuz of his hip.People debated back and forth about the claim, demanding the poster to be banned. In the end, it is information that you may choose to believe or not believe, and that's what we do when it comes to speculating value. So, debate whether the OP is making it up. Argue whether he should be banned. Call him names. Throw sticks and stones, in the end YOU have to decide what to do with this information. I for one would rather have more info than less to make my decisions.

Ohhh, one of my favorite fantasy football memories of all-time. I had a feeling the OP was telling the truth and called someone in KC to verify something he said. I picked up Larry Johnson, told the story to my buddies - who all laughed at me and said I was a crackpot - and then road LJ to the Championship that season. Those were the glory days of the Shark Pool.
I lived almost the exact same thing. I'll never forget that season.

a thrid "edit" was added to the reddit post

EDIT 3: UPDATE Source has told me that Charles could possibly play tomorrow but that Knile Davis is still the one who will be getting majority of the touches.

What the heck are we doing with this guy today? I've got a bunch of other rag tag options, but if Davis is going to get the bulk of work, he feels like a really solid play.

I have Davis penciled in, but will be monitoring closely. Since I own both, I can wait until game time before making a my decision.

I look at it this way. Even if they announce Charles will start, he's on a bad ankle and there will be a decent chance he tweaks it or can't finish.

whats your problem?

Take this with a grain of salt, but if you're in desperation mode at RB and have Knile Davis, you should start him. I found this on reddit, might be useful information. Might not. But it does make sense that no way JC could come back and already started practicing.

I've seen a lot of skeptical posts about the Charles, Davis situation today and I want to provide some hope to Davis owners. I have a source in the Chiefs organization directly tied to the offense. I cannot name names or say where this information has come from and I hope you understand why. I talked to my source today and he told me directly that Davis will be getting the bulk of the carries this Sunday. He said Charles injury is worse than the Chiefs are making it seem just to throw smokescreens. This is Davis's week and after his game last week, the Chiefs think it would be better to rest Charles this game and see how Davis does. Like I said, I cannot disclose my source and I have no way to prove my information is legit. However I used both my waiver claims on Davis and will be starting him this Sunday. For those skeptics, you will see Sunday that my source is legit.

EDIT: Doing 200 push ups in my underwear in front of the local Wal Mart and posting the video here if Charles has more touches than Davis.

EDIT 2: My own proof I picked up Davis off waivers and that he is in my starting lineuphttp://imgur.com/a/6QoPr[1]
My sources changed their mind

But isn't Frank Gore basically the anti-Knile? Nimble. Amazing vision and instincts. Very tough. Runs low and maximizes his blocking.

Dennis Johnson is more like Frank Gore than Knile Davis is.

Knile is like a thicker McFadden. His game is all vertical. If the crease isn't there, he's not going to make it happen on his own.

My take anyway.
He is very talented!!!

it's one game but gives a decent look at davis' game as of late. he did make one person miss in the open field showing a bit of agility and lateral quickness, rare for him. otherwise par for his course... overall unimpressive. if i'm an NFL team looking for a quick back in the middle/later rounds, i'm looking at jonathan franklin. he may have had a slower 40 but he's shown more agility/quickness on the field and a better all around game imo. he's also shown improvement throughout his college career and doesn't have an injury bug that has permanently attached itself to his rear end.
Unbelievable combo of size, strength, and speed!

This is the worst case scenario for Charles owners. This will be a 50/50 split going forward.
Jamal Charles is one of the most dynamic player sin the NFL. I doubt he is losing half of his job. The Chiefs really could stand to add another weapon to their team and Davis deserves time but it has to be realistic.

Probably what will happen is davis will be used just enough to cause people to start him and flood the boards with their frustrations as they can't understand why davis isn't getting gaudy stat lines when charles is back.

Remember when Reid had two really good backs in philly, how that bugged people

This is the worst case scenario for Charles owners. This will be a 50/50 split going forward.
I disagree. 70/30 tops, which is good to keep JC fresh for some explosive plays. There isn't really a situation where you want Knile in instead of Charles. Not a knock on Knile, but Jamaal Charles is the superior back.

As a Charles owner I have to agree with this. No reason at all to rush Charles back. And when he does come back, you will see a much reduced role for him. Wouldn't be surprised if Davis out-scores him from here on out.Great looking runner.

As a Charles owner I have to agree with this. No reason at all to rush Charles back. And when he does come back, you will see a much reduced role for him. Wouldn't be surprised if Davis out-scores him from here on out.Great looking runner.
The reason you rush Jamaal Charles back is that he has a better chance of winning you the game. He can score from anywhere on the field. This is why you took him with your #1 pick. Knile is a good runner, but he isn't as fast or elusive. I haven't seen him line up a receiver in this game either. He isn't going to break free for long runs. He looks good on those 15-20 yard runs, but there is also some pretty poor tackling in the Miami secondary. I agree that Davis is a talented back, and could take over as the #1 for a number of NFL teams. But you are smoking your breakfast if you think that that he is going to force a committee in KC, and completely off your rocker to say he is going to take over. That type of stuff is for the BOLD prediction thread.

The reason you rush Jamaal Charles back is that he has a better chance of winning you the game. He can score from anywhere on the field. This is why you took him with your #1 pick. Knile is a good runner, but he isn't as fast or elusive. I haven't seen him line up a receiver in this game either. He isn't going to break free for long runs. He looks good on those 15-20 yard runs, but there is also some pretty poor tackling in the Miami secondary. I agree that Davis is a talented back, and could take over as the #1 for a number of NFL teams. But you are smoking your breakfast if you think that that he is going to force a committee in KC, and completely off your rocker to say he is going to take over. That type of stuff is for the BOLD prediction thread.
So you don't think Charles' role is going to be reduced when he comes back?

I disagree. 70/30 tops, which is good to keep JC fresh for some explosive plays. There isn't really a situation where you want Knile in instead of Charles. Not a knock on Knile, but Jamaal Charles is the superior back.
I don't agree with the bolded

Davis deserves work but you did say 50/50. That's a lot of work loss.

Kinda reminds me of when Foster would miss time and Tate would look great and people were writing Foster offf. Never happened.

There is a reason why we react the way based on what we see on Sunday and why it isn't always so based on what the coaches see all week.

We are halfway through the 4th quarter and Davis already has 5 more carries in this game than Chales did in any game last season.

Charles is a better receiving back, and I think that's going to be his focus if and when he returns.

Actually, this is the second week in a row where Davis had more carries in a game than Charles did in any game last season. Think about that.

So, gun to your head - from this moment until the end of the season, who has more carries for the Chiefs? I say Davis. Charles will still get a lot of work, but the days of him being a workhorse 4 down back are over. Reality guys - have to face it.

Started him this week...needed a filler for injuries and happy to get the production and W this week, but fumbles and health of JC probably put him back on my bench for the unforeseen future.

Actually, this is the second week in a row where Davis had more carries in a game than Charles did in any game last season. Think about that.

So, gun to your head - from this moment until the end of the season, who has more carries for the Chiefs? I say Davis. Charles will still get a lot of work, but the days of him being a workhorse 4 down back are over. Reality guys - have to face it.
Without Charles in who do they have to throw to? Look at the play selection. If this becomes a power running team Davis will get his due but only to keep Charles healthy. With a 5 YPC (2013, 5.6 career) average you don't need to touch the ball as many times as a guy who has a 3.5 per carry average.

Second time Davis runs out of bounds in a clock management situation. I wan't to be talking this guy up after his performance today but instead I gotta talk some sense into you guys.

Second time Davis runs out of bounds in a clock management situation. I wan't to be talking this guy up after his performance today but instead I gotta talk some sense into you guys.
LOL. So this is the new reason why there is nothing to worry about for Charles owners?

Last edited:

Charles and it's not close.

LOL. So this is the new reason why there is nothing to worry about for Charles owners?
Here's the top 5 in NFL history in terms of Yards Per Carry:

1. Michael Vick 7.1 2001-2014

2. Randall Cunningham 6.4 1985-2001

3. Marion Motley 5.7 1946-1955

4. Jamaal Charles 5.6 2008-2014

5. Jim Brown 5.2 1957-1965

Charles has also stayed healthy throughout his entire career, outside of the ACL injury in 2011. While Davis has looked pretty good filling in, implying that Charles will be relegated to receiving back duties when he comes back seems like an over-reaction

Last edited by a moderator:

Last 2 games - 54 carries (Davis)Last 7 games - 52 carries (Charles)

Granted, Charles was out for 1 of those 7 games, and did not complete 2 others because of injury, but that all goes into the mix when you are talking about total carries.

I'm glad the gun to your head isn't real.

Last edited:

Granted, Charles was out for 1 of those 7 games, and did not complete 2 others because of injury, but that all goes into the mix when you are talking about total carries.

I can't tell if youre trolling or not. Do you really think Knile has taken this job away from Charles?

So Davis is going to replace one of the best RBs in the game who has a historic ypc because the coaches ran Davis hard for the last two games. Yeah.

Where did I say Davis was taking Charles' job away from him? I said that if and when Charles returns, his role will be substantially reduced - enough so that Chatles' days as a 4 down stud are over.

No matter what Charles will be the lead back when healthy sending Davis back to the bench. I just don't see any RBBC.

Coming from a Davis owner.

Last year Charles came out in the first half week 16 and I don't even know if he played in Week 17..being banged up and missing this week...stats probably not all that meaningful.

Davis owner here...Will try and trade (doubt anyone's willing) because he's not going to be taking tuddies from JC.

lots of signs pointing to a much reduced role for Charles:

1. His carries tailed off in the second half of last season

2. Concussion in playoffs. As an NFL player these days, you only get a few of these...

3. He accounted for a disproportionate percentage of the Chiefs offense in 2013 - accounting for 35.3% of the team's yards. You cannot rely that much on one player. It's way too easy to game-plan against such a team, and it rarely happens two years in a row.

4. Ineffective week 1 performance - already pointing to a reduced role.

5. High ankle sprain in week 2. Probably will miss another week or two and even then won't be 100% for several weeks.

6. Kniles Davis playing very well in his absence. Carries the ball 22 times in week 2 and 32 times in week 3 - more carries than Charles had in any game in 2013.

I'm not saying that Charles will be phased out. Not at all. He is still going to be an active part of KC's offense. But the key phrase there is "part of". He is not going to replicate anything close to his 2013 numbers. And Davis will get carries even when Charles returns.

It reminds me a lot of the Priest Holmes / Larry Johnson situation. And we all know how that turned out.

That's ridiculous. Davis is nowhere near the back Charles is. Not even close

lots of signs pointing to a much reduced role for Charles:

1. His carries tailed off in the second half of last season

2. Concussion in playoffs. As an NFL player these days, you only get a few of these...

3. He accounted for a disproportionate percentage of the Chiefs offense in 2013 - accounting for 35.3% of the team's yards. You cannot rely that much on one player. It's way too easy to game-plan against such a team, and it rarely happens two years in a row.

4. Ineffective week 1 performance - already pointing to a reduced role.

5. High ankle sprain in week 2. Probably will miss another week or two and even then won't be 100% for several weeks.

6. Kniles Davis playing very well in his absence. Carries the ball 22 times in week 2 and 32 times in week 3 - more carries than Charles had in any game in 2013.

I'm not saying that Charles will be phased out. Not at all. He is still going to be an active part of KC's offense. But the key phrase there is "part of". He is not going to replicate anything close to his 2013 numbers. And Davis will get carries even when Charles returns.

It reminds me a lot of the Priest Holmes / Larry Johnson situation. And we all know how that turned out.
Most of that is so wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread