What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Krista4's Beatles 1-25 List Thread! Count down will start Mon Feb 14 noon ET. Will take new lists til then... (1 Viewer)

12.286 /day

easy peasy 
only if @krista4 gets busy. 

She likely stayed up all last night and finished.  I'm trying not to read their write ups in advance.

Their?   Who is this Masked Mystery Writer?

I gave them the last 100 songs in last year's order, so they don't even know the results.  And the last few lists have really mixed up the bottom rankings.

They didn't pull the trigger on firing him until George Martin asked them to, right? I don't think George Martin cared how good looking he was. 😆
my take is George would have been fine with letting him play gigs & then bring in session drummers 

‘twas probably a John/Paul & Epstein had to do the dirty work 

they almost lost Paul Aspinall that day but Pete told him to stick it out

Best seems to have made his peace with it

he got a huge chunk of royalties in 1995 when Anthology came out (reportedly $9M) - I’m sure that eased the pain 

only if @krista4 gets busy. 

She likely stayed up all last night and finished.  I'm trying not to read their write ups in advance.

Their?   Who is this Masked Mystery Writer?

I gave them the last 100 songs in last year's order, so they don't even know the results.  And the last few lists have really mixed up the bottom rankings.

FYP.  ;) I kind of petered out at 9 last night when my heart wasn't in it anymore but am ready to start up again..

One note I wanted to make to the thread, related to your last paragraph, is the other writer and I are not reading each other's write-ups, so there's a good possibility of some redundancy.  Also, as you mentioned, we don't know the results in advance, so our posts won't address the relative rankings compared to our own thoughts.

FYP.  ;) I kind of petered out at 9 last night when my heart wasn't in it anymore but am ready to start up again..

One note I wanted to make to the thread, related to your last paragraph, is the other writer and I are not reading each other's write-ups, so there's a good possibility of some redundancy.  Also, as you mentioned, we don't know the results in advance, so our posts won't address the relative rankings compared to our own thoughts.

I don't want to know the results in advance, but it is making the updates a bit more disjointed than they otherwise would be.  I was just about to type "as previously mentioned" on one, but then realized it might not have been mentioned at that point in the countdown but was only previously mentioned by me as I'm writing them up.  What I'm saying is that I'm using this as an excuse for lack of continuity.  ;)    In my prior countdowns, I could create continuity since I knew what was coming next (that is, until I changed my mind for the squillionth time).

Last edited by a moderator:

This is getting exciting. I was not aware this was going on.

This is the first time I've ever listened to the Beatles on headphones. I've always heard some of the extreme stereo separation but wasn't aware of some real crazy and choppy production going on. Voices and sounds come in seemingly out of nowhere quite often, with distinctive hard cuts. Looking forward to hearing about their production process.

This is the first time I've ever listened to the Beatles on headphones. I've always heard some of the extreme stereo separation but wasn't aware of some real crazy and choppy production going on. Voices and sounds come in seemingly out of nowhere quite often, with distinctive hard cuts. Looking forward to hearing about their production process.
I’m not sure if the mystery writer will be addressing, but I haven’t written much about this.  I much prefer the mono mixes to the first few records and exclusively listen to those, so this doesn’t come up for me.

I don't want to know the results in advance, but it is making the updates a bit more disjointed than they otherwise would be.  I was just about to type "as previously mentioned" on one, but then realized it might not have been mentioned at that point in the countdown but was only previously mentioned by me as I'm writing them up.  What I'm saying is that I'm using this as an excuse for lack of continuity.  ;)    In my prior countdowns, I could create continuity since I knew what was coming next (that is, until I changed my mind for the squillionth time).
Stuff like this is pretty much the only time I have any awareness of what your profession is. ;)

I’m not sure if the mystery writer will be addressing, but I haven’t written much about this.  I much prefer the mono mixes to the first few records and exclusively listen to those, so this doesn’t come up for me.
Were the original releases all mono? Not exactly sure which I'm listening to. It's actually a little distracting and I might prefer mono.

krista4 said:
I think their recordings sound best in mono.

I hereby promise to do this sometime within this countdown.  Probably later when I get the write-ups done and don't feel such pressure.  Maybe we could pick a date and all do it.  :lol:  
Pressure?   You've already done enough for a week. :lmao:

Pressure?   You've already done enough for a week. :lmao:

Yeah, but I've been so focused on write-ups that I haven't felt I could engage in the thread.  I'd like to get them all done so I can lay back and respond to #### now.

Wait, did I do a "today in Beatles history" today?  See?!?!  I suck!

Yeah, but I've been so focused on write-ups that I haven't felt I could engage in the thread.  I'd like to get them all done so I can lay back and respond to #### now.

Keep  :banned:    Don't  :drive:

Oh!  Hi!

On this date in 1967, the Beatles released the double-A side single of "Strawberry Fields Forever" and "Penny Lane."   Generally considered the best double-side single in history, it featured a classic, top-tier Beatles song on one side, and "Penny Lane" on the other.

Ohhhhhh, sizzling hot take!  Follow me for more Liverpool tips.

It was not the ending I wanted. I am happy for Matthew Stafford (that's the positive I can find).

Yeah, there are some specific Rams players I'm happy for, including him.  This wasn't a Super Bowl where I was unhappy with the winner, as many have been.  Hopefully the Bengals will have more chances.  Burrow and Chase are just ####### winners.

On this date in 1967, the Beatles released the double-A side single of "Strawberry Fields Forever" and "Penny Lane."   Generally considered the best double-side single in history, it featured a classic, top-tier Beatles song on one side, and "Penny Lane" on the other.
A little trivia bouncing off this trivia is there is a bar in Richmond, Va called Penny Lane that plays Beatles music most of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG.

Guys?

Guys?!?!

Countdown starts tomorrow.

I think Getz is planning to do five a day at first just to clear out the chaff, but then we'll slow the roll for more discussion as we get further along,

:popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread