What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lance Moore (1 Viewer)

Deuce'sWild

Footballguy
Lance Moore's stats have taken a major nosedive since Bush returned. Add to that some chilly weather and wind...and I'm really on the fence with this guy. Chicago's pass defense is obviously their weak point, but with so many weapons for Brees, Moore seems to be lost in the shuffle lately.

What are you fellow Moore owners doing with him tonight? Starting him with confidence, benching him for _________, or starting him because of no other good option?

For me, I have him pencilled in, but I have an eraser in my left hand. Breaston is really wanting to play this week.

Debating Hixon or Cotchery, but currently have Moore in like you.
So much for Hixon, he didn't practice again today, can't base a decision tonight on him. Cotch has kinda sucked rocks the last 4 out of 5, but Moore has gone from 6, 8 and 5 catches down to 2 and 3 catches in his last two. It just seems that those who said Shockey and Bush would steal opportunites were right.

Man it's hard to bench this guy. But Breaston has been 6+ catches every game, is playing in good weather, and vs Minn def. Trouble is, he is an afterthought in the redzone...just the opposite of Moore.

i'm thinking of starting Justin Gage over Lance. Not sure i can pull the trigger but I think the Texans put a good showing Sunday and could make this game a mini-shootout.

3 really good games for Lance followed by 2 bad ones, I can see a 3rd one coming 4-30 type game. He has been scoring TDs too, and law of averages say the other guys here will probably score (Shockey, Bush.....)

I hate doing this but i am so stumped here:

J Stewart ot L Moore?

PPR League

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Lance Moore, Pierre Thomas and Derrick Ward and need to start 1 or more. Right now Thomas is in over Moore, last week's game bothers me somewhat. His targets have been consistant at 6/7 for the last 3 weeks. so I dont think Bush has taken away. His big game against GB was 7 targets. So it seems to me last week was just a bad game for him. I am cutting him slack against TB becuz of the weather. My guess is Lance will be improved over the last 2 weeks. should see 6-7 targets and is probably good for 60yds and maybe a score. I think Thomas will do as good or better and Ward will do better than both if he starts.

My question is , is it worth the risk to bench Thomas/Moore for Ward and would anyone bench A.Johnson this week aagainst Tenn for Moore.

I have Lance Moore, Pierre Thomas and Derrick Ward and need to start 1 or more. Right now Thomas is in over Moore, last week's game bothers me somewhat. His targets have been consistant at 6/7 for the last 3 weeks. so I dont think Bush has taken away. His big game against GB was 7 targets. So it seems to me last week was just a bad game for him. I am cutting him slack against TB becuz of the weather. My guess is Lance will be improved over the last 2 weeks. should see 6-7 targets and is probably good for 60yds and maybe a score. I think Thomas will do as good or better and Ward will do better than both if he starts.My question is , is it worth the risk to bench Thomas/Moore for Ward and would anyone bench A.Johnson this week aagainst Tenn for Moore.
AJohnson > DWard > LMoore/PThomas IMO

The only thing pushing me to start Moore is the Thursday night game. Breaston feels like the safer bet, but I like 1) getting out to a lead 2) seeing my players on TV.

I'm keeping him benched for Bush, MJD, Stewart & Ted Ginn (return yardage league).

He'd be the next in line if any of those guys were down or out.

Guardedly optimistic starting Lance.If I got a TD and 70 Yards, I'd be over the moon.
I will be somewhat surprised if Moore scores again this year. He got 8 TDs already which is pretty darn good, and Shockey has 0. Colston has only a few as well. I'm bankin on law of averages here that he doesnt more than 1 more for the rest of the year, or even possibly get none the rest of the way.

Guardedly optimistic starting Lance.If I got a TD and 70 Yards, I'd be over the moon.
I will be somewhat surprised if Moore scores again this year. He got 8 TDs already which is pretty darn good, and Shockey has 0. Colston has only a few as well. I'm bankin on law of averages here that he doesnt more than 1 more for the rest of the year, or even possibly get none the rest of the way.
I don't recognize the validity of this logic being applied to that scenario for those reasons one bit.

Starting Moore over Walters, Driver, and Mason in one league and over Hixon, Cotch, Bess, and Breaston in another.

I'm sitting him for Colston right now although I've flip-flopped a few times (along with H. Ward).

Of note, while this isn't a WDIS, I don't see how you can bench Breaston now for Lance Moore, especially in ppr.

Breaston is a must-start every week at this point, IMO.

Moore was fantastic when Bush wasn't playing. Bush comes back and his numbers went south. I do have a feeling however, that Moore will be the one to have a great game tonight. I am giving serious thought to benching CJ for him.

Moore was fantastic when Bush wasn't playing. Bush comes back and his numbers went south. I do have a feeling however, that Moore will be the one to have a great game tonight. I am giving serious thought to benching CJ for him.
I keep hearing the Bush/Shockey thing and although it could be a minor factor, people ignore that Moore had similar targets the last 2 weeks compared to the month before. I can't just say bush/shockey = Moore stinks and need 1 more week to convice myself Moore deserves to be benched.

I have the same decision between Moore and Breaston, and I'm going to flip a coin before tonight's game. Really tough call.

I have the same decision between Moore and Breaston, and I'm going to flip a coin before tonight's game. Really tough call.
Breaston has had AT LEAST six catches in every game but 1 since week 4. In 1 ppr leagues, he has put up 15+ pts in all but 2 weeks in that time. If any of you considering benching Breaston are in PPR leagues, then you're foolish to sit him.

Breaston has had AT LEAST six catches in every game but 1 since week 4. In 1 ppr leagues, he has put up 15+ pts in all but 2 weeks in that time. If any of you considering benching Breaston are in PPR leagues, then you're foolish to sit him.
This isn't a PPR league. Plus Moore has scored 8 TDs to Breaston's 2 TDs. Both are playing bad pass defenses. The only reason this is a question is because Moore's production has faded due to Reggie Bush coming back. It's a tough choice.

This isn't a PPR league. Plus Moore has scored 8 TDs to Breaston's 2 TDs. Both are playing bad pass defenses. The only reason this is a question is because Moore's production has faded due to Reggie Bush coming back. It's a tough choice.
His production has been lower also because Colston has been healthy. His targets are lower and Colston's are higher the past 2 weeks. A healthy Colston, Bush, Shockey, and Henderson is not good for Moore.I am sitting Moore but starting Brees.

:shrug:

I have to go with Moore due to injuries and guys shooting themselves in the leg, but I think he will do well tonight. Guy is tough and Brees may look his way more in the cold if he thinks others may not have the same type of resolve. Shockey drops enough passes indoors, so I don't see him being a huge factor (positive) tonight..........

5/80/1 for Moore tonight...........

Thinking about starting Moore over Calvin Johnson.

Maybe Johnson gets lucky again and scores a TD...Moore always has a chance for a very big game.

Same here. It's a non-PPR, TD-heavy (10 pts / TD) league that I'm going with Moore over Breaston.

I am going with Moore tonight, explosive offense, good matchup vs the 28th ranked pass d. I know he has been down the last two weeks but he has been money for a good part of the season. I don't have great wrs anyways (cotch, walter, ocho) so I am rolling with Moore at one of my spots in a ppr league and hoping for the best.

Don't know why people are suprised or expecting anything different from Moore in regard to him being a #1 or #2 guy. He doesn't the profile there, but as a slash type guy in the slot, he's perfect, but of course, when healthy, N.O. has the greatest slash you could have in Bush.

The pluses for Moore:

-rappaport and trust built all season

-lots of third down looks

-room to create in the intermediate against other coverage

The minuses:

-lots of weapons to spread the ball around to

-Meachem being more of a "prospect" N.O. will want to build and integrate around.

Lance Moore COULD be a big player in this league and he's shown the heart and ability to make it happen, but Meachem SHOULD be a big player in this league, with his size(only 6'2 but seems to play bigger going up over CBs) as an EZ target.

Moore won't be what he was, but in climate controlled conditions, he should be able to rebound a bit from what he was, and he's always a threat for a long TD.

He was rarely on the field in passing situations, even though Henderson and meachem were dropping easy passes and are NOT possession WRs. Which would be the way to attack a blitz happy DEF. Very bad play calling.

Thankfully the league I used him in is PPR, so he didn't completely kill my chances.
Yeah, I got 5 pts for the catches, but I was hoping for around 15 total points. :wolf:
Could be worse. A guy in the other playoff game in my league sat Thomas for Bush and Chester Taylor (not sure what he was thinking on that one) and sat Colston for Welker, VJax and Greg Jennings. I'm guessing he's been kicking himself all day.

Users who are viewing this thread