What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Latest letter from Attorney General Office Of Minn (1 Viewer)

walkie33

Footballguy
Hey guys! I just thought that I'd share this with you today. This letter came from Charles V. Ferguson who is a Manager of Consumer Services Division out of Minnesota. Here is what the letter said:

The Consumer Division of the Minnesota Attorney General's Office has received the enclosed response from GameDay Interactive ("GDI").

As you can see from the enclosed response, GDI is currently assessing its financial condition and in the near future may file for bankruptcy proceedings or dissolution of the corporation. Under bankruptcy proceedings and/or dissolution of the corporation, GDI will have an obligation to directly contact all known creditors.

Under Minnesota law, the Attorney General's Office has limited authority. For instance, it does not have jurisdiction to provide legal advise to private citizens. Notwithstanding this limitation, I can provide the following comments, which I hope will be helpful.

It appears from the enclosed correspondence that in the near future you should be receiving written communication from GDI or it's legal representative advising you on how to proceed with your claim. If you have any questions regarding how bankruptcy proceedings or the dissolution process will effect your claim, you may wish to discuss the matter with a private attorney. If you cannot identify an attorney to advise you, the Minnesota State Bar Association's Attorney Referral Service is available on the Internet at www.mnfindalawyer.com. If you do not have Internet access, it may be available at your nearest public library.

I hope that our intervention on your behalf has been helpful to you. Thank you again for contacting this Office.

Sincerely,

Charles V. Ferguson

Manager, Consumer Services Division

(651) 355-0700 (Voice)

(651) 282-2155 (Fax)

Now here is the letter that was attached to the one you just read. This is from a legal attorney that was apparently representing Jeff Pester and GDI recently.

Re: File No.'s DJB/2008/387955/C; JDJ/2008/387509/WZ; KSB/2008/387034/C

Dear Mr Bettendorf,

As we discussed this morning, I write on behalf of my client, GameDay Interactive, Inc ("GDI"). Mr. Jeff Pester, CEO of GDI, provided me with the three consumer complaint letters noted above today.

GDI is a high-risk, start-up technology company formed in August 2006 as a Delaware corporation. The only assets of the company (equipment, software and outstanding A/R from a credit card processing account) are not sufficiently cash solvent to pay the outstanding liabilities. GDI is currently assessing it's legal alternatives, including bankruptcy and/or dissolution of the corporation. Under either bankruptcy proceedings or dissolution, I have informed GDI that it will have an obligation to directly contact all known creditors.

For several reasons, my firm has elected to withdraw as counsel of record for GDI. I have informed GDI that it will be obligated, either directly or through its next counsel of record, to inform your office of the course of action elected by the company.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Katheryn A. Anderson

Well by reading these letters today guys, I've come to the conclusion that were not gonna see any of our previous winnings. Initially, I was strongly considering legal action against this clown but decided against it since it would end up costing me more in the long run just to try and pay an attorney for this BS. Does anyone else know what else we can do or should we throw in the towel here and deal with the frustration of not ever seeing a freaking dime from this moron?? Please stay in touch if you hear any news or latest developments with Mr Pester (a.k.a..... ONE DIRTY A## COWARD!) and I'll be glad to return the favor if I would hear anything else too. Thanks!

Jeff

It always sucks when you are the one out money (or in this case, it's mostly winnings, and not thousands in cash outlay, right?), but this stuff happens all the time - companies get in over their heads, and go out of business. You guys who won and were promised checks are not going to see your money. There's nothing you can do about it. Last year, one of my clients closed shop and left me on the hook for 10k. Ten friggen thousand dollars. And this was for work performed - not winnings. THAT sucks. And you know what I had to do? I had to eat it. That's business. Lesson learned.

The fact that he paid for awhile tells me he merely got in over his head - I doubt he went in to screw anyone. The business failed, and that's that. The BBB, the AG, Lawyers... none of it will get you your money. The dude failed in business - trust me, he's punished enough just by that. I doubt very highly he's on a beach somewhere spending your dough. He *has* no dough (it looks to me like he can't even pay his lawyer.)

It's really time to move on here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread