What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

These Drug Commercials are OUT of CONTROL!!! (1 Viewer)

While I agree that pharmaceutical ads have become beyond ridiculous, you're going a little far with your other hot take by throwing all prescription drugs in one bucket and implying that they aren't needed if you just eat right and self-medicate. Some health issues aren't going to be helped that way, but I'm happy that you are lucky enough not to have any of those issues.
It's ok to be annoyed by and skeptical of ads on tv but still trust your doctor. Though personally, any doctor I've ever had would laugh at me if I tried to "make" them give me a prescription for something I saw on tv. If any doctor gave me a prescription just because I told them to, I'd get myself a new doctor.

I spent the first decade or so of my legal career doing pharmaceutical drug product liability defense. Here are some of the things that I found out occur in the medical/pharma drug prescription industry.

1. Drug reps log descriptions of their drug calls on doctors. They log the number of samples they leave. They log the number of samples the doctor used for patients.

2. Drug companies track the number of prescriptions a doctor prescribes drugs. They know how many prescriptions Doctor A has prescribed of Drug W, and competitor Drugs X, Y, Z each month.

3. Drug companies use/used doctors as speakers for their drugs. They had national, regional and local speakers to promote their drugs. The speakers weren't chosen because they had a certain expertise in a field. They were chosen based on the amount of the drug companies drugs they prescribed in a certain month. When Doctor A didn't prescribe Drug W, Doctor A was told he would be removed as regional speaker for the drug company if he didn't up his prescriptions. Doctors were paid tens of thousands of dollars, would have their families sent to places like Hawaii, the Bahamas and other tropical locations to spend an hour talking about the drug at CMEs or symposiums.

4. For some health issues there are certain protocols for treatment. Like if you have Ailment A, then Drug X would be a first-in-line treatment option. If that isn't tolerated or work then you move to Drug Y. Some Doctors would go straight to the third-line option because they were regional speakers. So they would push possibly lesser effective and less tolerated treatments to get their prescriptions up so they could keep their speaker status.

I am with @Ministry of Pain here. I never take prescription drugs for anything. I don't think I ever will. I've read drug studies, internal emails from drug company CEOs, legal, doctors, scientists and FDA officials. The amount of crap that they did and do to get a drug approved and to market and then the stuff they do once it's on the market. Taking prescription drugs is a hard pass for me.
Nobody is arguing things are perfect or that there aren't major flaws, but this strikes me as something like, "I've never needed to use a lawyer to represent me in a trial because I do things right and have been lucky. There are a lot of shady lawyers out there and so much of the law business is governed by money, so if I ever find myself in that position, I'm just going to represent myself."

Terrible analogy. You can represent yourself, there are many people the are pro se. You can't prescribe yourself medication, you need a proxy.

I think Dana White said it best for me, "I'll never talk to a doctor about my general health ever again. If I break my arm, I'm gonna go see a doctor if I need surgery. I'm gonna go see a doctor, about my general health... never again."
Maybe I wasn't clear with my analogy. I can have a lawyer represent me or I can represent myself using my limited knowledge. I can have a doctor treat my medical condition or I can just try to eat right and self-medicate.

For some legal/health issues that might work out. For others, it's a stupid decision.

So you're telling me if I just eat right and exercise my enlarged prostate of 25 years will shrink? Or my wife's thyroid will magically grow back........ Good to know
Mother died 46 from cancer after she had her thyroid removed at 36
Father died of prostate cancer at 59

We can do this your way or you can also admit that what I am talking about is a lot different than the drugs you and your wife absolutely need to live a normal life
Most of these drugs I have issues with are trying to get people to "FEEL" like they need them and then order their doctor to give them a prescription
You didn't likely ask for the drugs you are given by your doctor, he/she told you and your wife that you gotta take these, I'm sure if I were in the same boat I'd do likewise
This is different

Most of these drugs are more about anxiety, depression and then of course it's the standard list of "Do you have problems catching your breath, Do you not sleep well at night, Does most high fat, high salt, low nutritional value food upset your tummy?

-I suffer from IBS and I have a long long list of foods and other stuff that basically turn my stomach into a washing machine that won't turn off, they have a boatload of drugs to make McDonald's cheeseburgers slide down easier and Pizza Hut won't turn my bung hole into a molten lava volcano...sometimes you gotta do things you don't enjoy.
One of the reasons I started dropping weight the 1st time was simply 86'n food that was literally making me sick.

-But I admit that I did things in my 20s that likely made me and my tummy the way I am now, I take full responsibility for that.
Bell, you and I have a sorta touchy relationship and I'm well aware of your disdain at times for me so please don't take this thread personal and forgive me if you felt offended

Cheers!

Man I don't even know where to start with this.
If you read my opening line in the OP
Seems we both have problems figuring out where to start
I just grab a howitzer sometimes and then it gets messy.

Let's stay focused on the commercials, they want everyone to call their doctor
Not everyone needs to call their doctor
Or we could bring up random meds at every appointment until the doctors rise up and shut those ads down.

(Just recently, I got a supply of meds for an enlarged prostate. Go ahead, ask me why.)
Why?

So you're telling me if I just eat right and exercise my enlarged prostate of 25 years will shrink? Or my wife's thyroid will magically grow back........ Good to know
Mother died 46 from cancer after she had her thyroid removed at 36
Father died of prostate cancer at 59

We can do this your way or you can also admit that what I am talking about is a lot different than the drugs you and your wife absolutely need to live a normal life
Most of these drugs I have issues with are trying to get people to "FEEL" like they need them and then order their doctor to give them a prescription
You didn't likely ask for the drugs you are given by your doctor, he/she told you and your wife that you gotta take these, I'm sure if I were in the same boat I'd do likewise
This is different

Most of these drugs are more about anxiety, depression and then of course it's the standard list of "Do you have problems catching your breath, Do you not sleep well at night, Does most high fat, high salt, low nutritional value food upset your tummy?

-I suffer from IBS and I have a long long list of foods and other stuff that basically turn my stomach into a washing machine that won't turn off, they have a boatload of drugs to make McDonald's cheeseburgers slide down easier and Pizza Hut won't turn my bung hole into a molten lava volcano...sometimes you gotta do things you don't enjoy.
One of the reasons I started dropping weight the 1st time was simply 86'n food that was literally making me sick.

-But I admit that I did things in my 20s that likely made me and my tummy the way I am now, I take full responsibility for that.
Bell, you and I have a sorta touchy relationship and I'm well aware of your disdain at times for me so please don't take this thread personal and forgive me if you felt offended

Cheers!

Man I don't even know where to start with this.
If you read my opening line in the OP
Seems we both have problems figuring out where to start
I just grab a howitzer sometimes and then it gets messy.

Let's stay focused on the commercials, they want everyone to call their doctor
Not everyone needs to call their doctor
Or we could bring up random meds at every appointment until the doctors rise up and shut those ads down.

(Just recently, I got a supply of meds for an enlarged prostate. Go ahead, ask me why.)
Why?
I had a six mm kidney stone. Flomax works by relaxing smooth muscle tissues. It makes peeing easier for the prostate patients. It also helps kidney stones pass more easily. I got a twenty day supply. I guess everything came out okay.

Then when you listen at the end all the warnings sound worse than whatever is wrong with you. "Don`t take if you have considered suicide" Really?
"Don't take if you are allergic to this drug." WTF?
They have to put that in there so the morons can't sue them that decided to keep taking a drug they are allergic too
I know, but I figure that is a self-fixing issue.
You would think lol.....CYA

While I agree that pharmaceutical ads have become beyond ridiculous, you're going a little far with your other hot take by throwing all prescription drugs in one bucket and implying that they aren't needed if you just eat right and self-medicate. Some health issues aren't going to be helped that way, but I'm happy that you are lucky enough not to have any of those issues.
It's ok to be annoyed by and skeptical of ads on tv but still trust your doctor. Though personally, any doctor I've ever had would laugh at me if I tried to "make" them give me a prescription for something I saw on tv. If any doctor gave me a prescription just because I told them to, I'd get myself a new doctor.

I spent the first decade or so of my legal career doing pharmaceutical drug product liability defense. Here are some of the things that I found out occur in the medical/pharma drug prescription industry.

1. Drug reps log descriptions of their drug calls on doctors. They log the number of samples they leave. They log the number of samples the doctor used for patients.

2. Drug companies track the number of prescriptions a doctor prescribes drugs. They know how many prescriptions Doctor A has prescribed of Drug W, and competitor Drugs X, Y, Z each month.

3. Drug companies use/used doctors as speakers for their drugs. They had national, regional and local speakers to promote their drugs. The speakers weren't chosen because they had a certain expertise in a field. They were chosen based on the amount of the drug companies drugs they prescribed in a certain month. When Doctor A didn't prescribe Drug W, Doctor A was told he would be removed as regional speaker for the drug company if he didn't up his prescriptions. Doctors were paid tens of thousands of dollars, would have their families sent to places like Hawaii, the Bahamas and other tropical locations to spend an hour talking about the drug at CMEs or symposiums.

4. For some health issues there are certain protocols for treatment. Like if you have Ailment A, then Drug X would be a first-in-line treatment option. If that isn't tolerated or work then you move to Drug Y. Some Doctors would go straight to the third-line option because they were regional speakers. So they would push possibly lesser effective and less tolerated treatments to get their prescriptions up so they could keep their speaker status.

I am with @Ministry of Pain here. I never take prescription drugs for anything. I don't think I ever will. I've read drug studies, internal emails from drug company CEOs, legal, doctors, scientists and FDA officials. The amount of crap that they did and do to get a drug approved and to market and then the stuff they do once it's on the market. Taking prescription drugs is a hard pass for me.
:thumbup: :banned::rant: :rant: :rant::banned::thumbup:

FTR, most doctors don’t speak on behalf of pharma - many don‘t interact with reps at all. Sure, there are a few shills; they’re a small minority of physicians. But bad apples exist in every profession.

I bet the vast majority of doctors don’t like direct-to-patient pharmaceutical marketing. This phenomenon wasn’t created by clinicians, who primarily just do their best to help sick people. There isn’t some grand conspiracy to prescribe for financial gain.

Yes, many medications are prescribed unnecessarily. Antibiotics top the list - it’s estimated almost half are unnecessary. Pain meds and stomach acid blockers are up there as well, along with antidepressants and thyroid supplements. I could write pages why these are overprescribed, but suffice it to say, it’s multifactorial. That said, by and large, these aren’t the medications you see in the commercials.

And all this ignores the multi-billion dollar nutraceutical/supplement industry, where consumers independently indulge in what typically amounts to expensive placebos.

But recognizing predatory business practices, and overprescription in general, shouldn’t obviate the value of all medication, or medical care. Overprescribed medications have legitimate indications, and modern medicine isn’t something readily replaced by “common sense”, or the internet.

Nobody is arguing things are perfect or that there aren't major flaws, but this strikes me as something like, "I've never needed to use a lawyer to represent me in a trial because I do things right and have been lucky. There are a lot of shady lawyers out there and so much of the law business is governed by money, so if I ever find myself in that position, I'm just going to represent myself."

Terrible analogy. You can represent yourself, there are many people the are pro se. You can't prescribe yourself medication, you need a proxy.

I think Dana White said it best for me, "I'll never talk to a doctor about my general health ever again. If I break my arm, I'm gonna go see a doctor if I need surgery. I'm gonna go see a doctor, about my general health... never again."
Maybe I wasn't clear with my analogy. I can have a lawyer represent me or I can represent myself using my limited knowledge. I can have a doctor treat my medical condition or I can just try to eat right and self-medicate.

For some legal/health issues that might work out. For others, it's a stupid decision.

Maybe I wasn't clear with my response. People represent themselves in court, it's called pro se.

In the alternative, if you choose to allow your "shady lawyer" to continue represent you and he doesn't have your representation in his best interests, you can appeal the decision on the ground of ineffective counsel. So you actually can have to opportunity for a do-over.

However, if you choose to allow your doctor to prescribe drugs, and he doesn't have your health and well-being in his interests, it's hard to recover from any deleterious effects that his lack of proper and effective treatment causes...if you're lucky to still be alive. The chances of being able to do a do-over, not great.

Like I said, terrible analogy.

I can see why people find these commercials funny -- they're an odd genre. I don't get why they make people angry. I'm not in the market for Ozempic, but I'm also not in the market for new F-150 and I don't get mad at seeing those commercials.

I can see why people find these commercials funny -- they're an odd genre. I don't get why they make people angry. I'm not in the market for Ozempic, but I'm also not in the market for new F-150 and I don't get mad at seeing those commercials.
What if your doctor throws in a nice set of floor mats with the prescription?

FTR, most doctors don’t speak on behalf of pharma - many don‘t interact with reps at all. Sure, there are a few shills; they’re a small minority of physicians. But bad apples exist in every profession.

I bet the vast majority of doctors don’t like direct-to-patient pharmaceutical marketing. This phenomenon wasn’t created by clinicians, who primarily just do their best to help sick people. There isn’t some grand conspiracy to prescribe for financial gain.

Yes, many medications are prescribed unnecessarily. Antibiotics top the list - it’s estimated almost half are unnecessary. Pain meds and stomach acid blockers are up there as well, along with antidepressants and thyroid supplements. I could write pages why these are overprescribed, but suffice it to say, it’s multifactorial. That said, by and large, these aren’t the medications you see in the commercials.

And all this ignores the multi-billion dollar nutraceutical/supplement industry, where consumers independently indulge in what typically amounts to expensive placebos.

But recognizing predatory business practices, and overprescription in general, shouldn’t obviate the value of all medication, or medical care. Overprescribed medications have legitimate indications, and modern medicine isn’t something readily replaced by “common sense”, or the internet.
i dunno, my guess is there are more shills than some think. look what happened w/ oxycontin.

i dunno, my guess is there are more shills than some think. look what happened w/ oxycontin.
Multi factorial - a big percentage of opioid prescriptions are requested by patients. Lacking objective measures of pain, many doctors give patients the benefit of the doubt.

Very, very few doctors are/were on pharma payrolls. But it doesn’t take many pill mills to fuel an epidemic.

Last edited:
Saw a new one over the weekend for a drug that's supposed to help ladies with hot flashes from menapause.

They are - of course - listing off all the side effects at the end of the commercial and I :poop: you not, the last side effect they mention was "hot flashes".

:lol:

IK, it's the suggestive nature of them. People who didn't think they need that drug and probably don't suddenly calling their doctor to discuss it.

Drug pushers is what they used to be called in the good ole days but now they are legal and encouraged to find new customers. It's the repeated thumping over and over again day after day to a section of the population that doesn't seem to be able to watch TV without commercials where they can avoid seeing all these.

It's very destructive I feel when there are some simple things a lot of folks can do to improve their health BEFORE they need all these drugs.

I have Type 2 diabetes, but I manage it well. It’s a little pill with a big story to tell!
Jardiance is really swell! The little pill with a big story to tell!

A letter carrier strolls by, explains how the medicine works and warns of the risk of a perineum infection.

Ya'll wanna know what this is?

I have Type 2 diabetes, but I manage it well. It’s a little pill with a big story to tell!

A letter carrier strolls by, explains how the medicine works and warns of the risk of a perineum infection.

Is this the one that has the 250+ lb chubby chick dancing in the water fountain that resembles Tracy Turnblad from Hairspray?

Is this the one that has the 250+ lb chubby chick dancing in the water fountain that resembles Tracy Turnblad from Hairspray?
Cringe inducing!!!!

Absolute BANGER!

Absolute BANGER!
Where are the What's Normal?
:lol:

Some of my absolute favs and it's the off season

250 seems light

My main complaint with all the pharma commercials is they all seem to be required to have running/jumping/playing dogs in them and they drive my dog crazy. Plus he’s smart/dumb enough to recognize a bunch of the jingles so he comes running to attack the tv even when he’s in another room.

My main complaint with all the pharma commercials is they all seem to be required to have running/jumping/playing dogs in them and they drive my dog crazy. Plus he’s smart/dumb enough to recognize a bunch of the jingles so he comes running to attack the tv even when he’s in another room.
I'm sure big pharma is glad to know that even if most humans hate their ads, at least dogs love them.

We’re like one of two countries who allow it?
Yeah, the US fits quite a few outlier categories on the world stage.

It’s far too political to discuss here, but imo the rationale better be rock solid if you’re gonna favor oddball policies over near consensus in the developed world.

At least we’re in good company with New Zealand, in contrast to places which share some of our other outliers.

And how about the numerous supplements that boast about how they will make your wanger longer, wider, and perform with more energy and last longer. And of course she’ll like it too.

Or how about the socks or knee sleeve that contain copper or some mysterious element that will rid you of pain and take back your life.

All of these products and their brethren have disclaimers in fine print at the bottom of their ads that say that the product has not been evaluated by the FDA for effectiveness.

Which basically means you can say whatever the hell you want. Snake oil modernized and adapted into a new format. Are these areas that need more government resources or oversight?

Predators can’t live without prey.

I highly encourage everyone to pull up Bill Maher's Club Random specifically the interview with Jillian Michaels a couple weeks back.
There was a snippet of the two of them arguing over the state of the economy but that was a footnote in a 1 Hr 45 Min blistering of the health industry
They lay it out there how so many of the people that tout the drugs or say nice things are actually on the pay roll
Or the study that the Stanford or Harvard doctor is touting was funded by the actual drug company they are endorsing
It is so slimy and really cruel the way they play on peoples emotions

-The more you know or the deeper you dive into all this the worse it seems to get.

And Ozempic...I might have to put the link in over on the drug specific thread, that is absolute evil, Michaels obliterates it from both sides, best case and worst case scenarios
Fascinating talk between Maher and Michaels, this is a topic that should untie a lot of folks not divide.

I posed a link to this podcast in a weight loss drug thread about a month ago. You are completely on point with this subject. This podcst is really long, but if this is a topic you are passionate about it is definitely worth a listen: The Shocking Truth About The Obesity Crisis, Ozempic, ADHD & Food Industry Lies | Calley Means

I watched it and it made me mad. The short version… the Medical Community, big food corporations, Universities (like Harvard), Politicians, the Media, and Drug Companies are all working together and “rigging institutions of trust”
The truth is, the pharmaceutical industry and the healthcare industry at large… is the largest funder of government, it’s the largest funder of think tanks, it’s the largest funder of academic research, it’s the largest funder of news funding… it’s 50% of news funding. …they’re the largest funder of every single institution. They’re the largest funder of medical groups, they’re the largest funder of civil rights groups. The NAACP. So every group that we hold sacrosanct… Harvard, the NIH… the FDA… is more than 50% directly funded by the pharmaceutical industry. And then food (industry) is not far behind. So you literally have the core institutions that set our culture, that set the guidelines, their bills are paid by pharma.

He talks about Ozempic
The big problem with Ozempic is that literally hand in hand with the Ozempic argument is this idea that obesity is genetic, that obesity is this disease that you can’t really… control. That it’s a thing that you need to manage for the rest of your life. A 6 year old put on Ozempic… the instructions for the drug is that they need to take that injection for the rest of their lives. And you actually get, and have doctors on 60 minutes saying… don’t worry, throw willpower out the window. You can manage this with a drug. The criminal part for our country is that… that kid is going to have a more tortured life. If that kid is ingesting hormone disrupting, toxic, inflammatory food. And not learning how to exercise. Not learning how to eat healthy. They’re going to live a less optimal life. They’re going to live a more depressed life.

He even mentions Jillian Michaels
I was recently speaking to Jillian Michaels... She was recently on, I believe, CNN and was viciously attacked by the anchor for being anti-science for suggesting that Ozempic wasn't the... the real root cause treatment for obesity... they actually attacked her for being anti-science for saying that exercise might be a better root cause intervention. Of course right after that segment was an add for Ozempic. They're individually the 4th largest advertiser for cable news. Novo Nordics sponsors 60 minutes that ran that segment unquestionably saying that obesity is a brain disease, geneitic, and not tied to what we eat or (if we) exercise.

There is a segment where he makes recommendations for what we can do to tackle this problem and around 43:05 he talks about removing these ads from TV.

Also this... EU expands Wegovy, Ozempic probe over suicide risks to include other weight loss, diabetes drugs

I think these commercials are becoming even more prevalent. Honestly, and maybe it's the channels/shows I'm watching, but it seems like there is at least one with every commercial break.

I posed a link to this podcast in a weight loss drug thread about a month ago. You are completely on point with this subject. This podcst is really long, but if this is a topic you are passionate about it is definitely worth a listen: The Shocking Truth About The Obesity Crisis, Ozempic, ADHD & Food Industry Lies | Calley Means

I watched it and it made me mad. The short version… the Medical Community, big food corporations, Universities (like Harvard), Politicians, the Media, and Drug Companies are all working together and “rigging institutions of trust”
The truth is, the pharmaceutical industry and the healthcare industry at large… is the largest funder of government, it’s the largest funder of think tanks, it’s the largest funder of academic research, it’s the largest funder of news funding… it’s 50% of news funding. …they’re the largest funder of every single institution. They’re the largest funder of medical groups, they’re the largest funder of civil rights groups. The NAACP. So every group that we hold sacrosanct… Harvard, the NIH… the FDA… is more than 50% directly funded by the pharmaceutical industry. And then food (industry) is not far behind. So you literally have the core institutions that set our culture, that set the guidelines, their bills are paid by pharma.

He talks about Ozempic
The big problem with Ozempic is that literally hand in hand with the Ozempic argument is this idea that obesity is genetic, that obesity is this disease that you can’t really… control. That it’s a thing that you need to manage for the rest of your life. A 6 year old put on Ozempic… the instructions for the drug is that they need to take that injection for the rest of their lives. And you actually get, and have doctors on 60 minutes saying… don’t worry, throw willpower out the window. You can manage this with a drug. The criminal part for our country is that… that kid is going to have a more tortured life. If that kid is ingesting hormone disrupting, toxic, inflammatory food. And not learning how to exercise. Not learning how to eat healthy. They’re going to live a less optimal life. They’re going to live a more depressed life.

He even mentions Jillian Michaels
I was recently speaking to Jillian Michaels... She was recently on, I believe, CNN and was viciously attacked by the anchor for being anti-science for suggesting that Ozempic wasn't the... the real root cause treatment for obesity... they actually attacked her for being anti-science for saying that exercise might be a better root cause intervention. Of course right after that segment was an add for Ozempic. They're individually the 4th largest advertiser for cable news. Novo Nordics sponsors 60 minutes that ran that segment unquestionably saying that obesity is a brain disease, geneitic, and not tied to what we eat or (if we) exercise.

There is a segment where he makes recommendations for what we can do to tackle this problem and around 43:05 he talks about removing these ads from TV.

Also this... EU expands Wegovy, Ozempic probe over suicide risks to include other weight loss, diabetes drugs
Have not seen you in a good while or just haven't been in the same threads as you
Good to see you, glad I found something to make you post in one of my threads, please don't be a stranger, I'll check out your links.

Cheers!

I think it's good that we developed a shot that can cure obesity. That has been a holy grail for public health for as long as I've been alive, and now folks are mad that we succeeded.
You know this already but what happens is the drug plateaus and when people come off it they typically rebound plus more weight
-I don't fault the audience or citizens in this country

@belljr was pretty upset on page 1 and i don't in any way mean to lump him in with a lot of these drug companies. I am aware and fully understand folks that need real medicine.
I felt awful about what he shared that he and his wife endure, my heart genuinely goes out to them, he literally took a little leave of absence form @bostonfred wight loss thread
He understood I needed some space to try and achieve my weight loss goals...(he's not a big MoP fan, and some of you aren't either) all good
From the bottom of my heart I thank him and others that stood down and didn't pile on when I was trying to find my way during the pandemic
I would never want to make him feel alienated because I have strong opinions on a lot of these marketing tools by the drug companies.

Some drugs are necessary and cannot be overcome by simple exercise and diet, I know that.
It's just mean the way these drug companies are given freedom to recruit and plant seeds in peoples' heads about things they really don't need.

And Bell, FYI, my mom had her thyroid removed in her late 30s, never wanted to go back to the doctors and passed away at 46 from numerous cancers that spread all over her body
I felt awful when you posted and I didn't want to come over the top, sometimes you gotta know when to back off and I knew I got under your skin, that's not my goal.
Please forgive me for being short sighted, your POV is ALWAYS welcome in my threads

-We gotta stop attacking each other and I'd rather hear what others have to say even if i can't immediately post back because it will cause friction
I want to keep this thread open and I hope others share some of their experiences.

None of us have all the answers and that's why this place is still great, let's not shut down what is usually a great think tank
We need everyone to be more forward about what's happening.

-Different topic all together but I've had several friends in the hospital with blood clots all directly related to the vaccines and boosters...am I saying vaccines are bad?
Absolutely not, they save many lives but there are side effects and people need to know. All 3 of these guys play tennis with me on a regular basis so it's not about getting exercise

Keep an open mind and don't make it political even when others out there in the media are doing so.
We all are getting older around here and I feel this topic is vital for many so they don't fall prey to the drug companies

I appreciate everyone's input
Cheers!

Listening to it now, thanks for the link.

Users who are viewing this thread