What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Leaving for NY - Draft roll call thread (1 Viewer)

Sigmund Bloom

Footballguy
Staff member
I know I dont have a photo up on the site yet, so heres a:

link to photo

Ill be there in line for tix saturday morning (or friday night if the RCMH folks are messing with us), and roving around, especially on the 2nd day. I plan on recording a lot of footage for the next podcast and would love to talk to any members of the shark pool that are making the trip to the draft.

If you're going, feel free to PM me for more details on possibly scheduling a meet-up. Ill also be at the yanks game thursday night and hanging out in the city on monday churning out draft coverage.

Also, go ahead and post here if you plan on being at radio city music hall, under the same roof as me, nittanylion and many other NFL lumanaries.

:towelwave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Give nittanylion a big hug for me.

edit - remind him to reply to my PM :stalker:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you the one with the trumpet?  :confused:
no, but i do play trombone in my band, Crack. that picture was taken after a show we played in december.
I once tried to play Metallica's "Seek & Destroy" on trombone during my band's set at Studio One in Newark, despite never having picked one up in my life. People in the audience were either horrified or dying laughing.Have a good time, bro !

People in the audience were either horrified or dying laughing.
Wow, those are exactly the two reactions that Crack gets.
It's got to be the trombone.After the show, I had several people come up to me, saying things like : "Dude ! That trombone solo was awesome !!!" The other guys in the band were pissed because I was getting the most notoriety for playing bad trombone, but hey - THEY should have thought of it first. :P

Have fun bloom

What's up with that broadcast with jason and Cecil then? They going? Change of plans?

Have fun, my man! I wish I could be there at the draft too, but I'll be stuck watching the action on TV. Darnit though, I should have sent you a company t-shirt or something....so I could get a little free advertising for my mapping company. ;) Seriously though, Joe and David gonna have you in FBGs.com gear in case you get on TV during ESPN/NFL Network's coverage?! :football:

Have fun bloom

What's up with that broadcast with jason and Cecil then? They going? Change of plans?
i believe Jason will be at iggles fan HQ (aka his house). Cecil will be Broncos HQ in Dove Valley (the real thing).

Planning on being there with a few friends.

Haven't gone before, though. What's the word on tickets, specifically when to get in line?

I'll be there. I'm 6'0, 205, African American, with a tight fade, and I'll be wearing a suit with a Texans #1 jersey over it, and a Texans baseball cap. I'll have two huge diamonds on, one in each ear.

If you see me, grab me, and HOLLA ATCHA BOYYYYEEEEEEEEEE!

Haven't gone before, though. What's the word on tickets, specifically when to get in line?
Radio City will allegedly by giving out tickets, first come, first served, the morning of. I have no idea what time you'll need to line up for these. In the past I think this has been at larger venues (though I have no idea if it fills up or not), but Radio City is probably smaller.

Ill be there in line for tix saturday morning (or friday night if the RCMH folks are messing with us)
FYI - I tried to attend the draft 2 years ago (while living in NYC). Everybody I knew said "just show up at 4-5 am, and you'll get in". Too bad they handed out tickets the night before at 11pm or so. You might want to be there on Friday night, just in case.

Good luck Bloom! Hope you get tix!

Radio City will allegedly by giving out tickets, first come, first served, the morning of. I have no idea what time you'll need to line up for these. In the past I think this has been at larger venues (though I have no idea if it fills up or not), but Radio City is probably smaller.
I've heard that you needed to be there at 4 or 5 in past years. Hoping that's still early enough this year.

I will be there also Bloom. Looking forward to meeting a fellow Steelers fan (will be wearing a yellow Steelers shirt). I am told I look like Eric Mangini, the NY Jets new head coach.

Haven't gone before, though.  What's the word on tickets, specifically when to get in line?
Been wondering how they'll adapt it to Radio City; MSG is definitely bigger.Good luck to everyone going. At least there's no rain in the forecast if you have to wait in line...

$100 if you streak naked across the stage as Bush shakes tagliabue's hand.
I'll throw in another $100... so the pot is up to $200!bet we can get more :popcorn:

who else will throw in? lets make the offer interesting for Sigmund!

Ill be there in line for tix saturday morning (or friday night if the RCMH folks are messing with us)
FYI - I tried to attend the draft 2 years ago (while living in NYC). Everybody I knew said "just show up at 4-5 am, and you'll get in". Too bad they handed out tickets the night before at 11pm or so. You might want to be there on Friday night, just in case.

Good luck Bloom! Hope you get tix!
I too was there 2 years ago @ MSG. My buddy and I arrived, and they announced that they handed out the tickets at 11 p.m. on Friday (we showed up at 3:30 AM). BUT, I'll tell you this Draft-o-philes. The folks that handle the crowds are paid to mislead, misinform, and discourage Footballguys.

They told us at 3:30 am that no more tickets would be given out and that we should leave, but this was a pure lie. We decided to stubbornly stick it out. Then at 5 a.m. we were told that we should get special wristbands so that we could be put on a "waiting list." A few hours later we were told that nobody else on the waiting list would be able to get in, and that a select few people would be able to get in "standing room only" areas in the draft hall. Then at 10 a.m. we were told that none of us waiting there (a few hundred by then) would even be able to get in the hall until midway through the first round, due to the overflow of VIP tix given out.

So at each of these announcements, dispirited draft-goers started to leave the premises. But this was all B.S. by the MSG staff. Their job was crowd control and they kept sending out misinformation because they didn't want a riot on their hands (after they closed a bunch of us inside who were already in line, we saw that there were late-arriving superfans (e.g. Black Hole Raider fans in full spiky regalia) starting a mini-riot outside demanding to be let in)).

All in all, draft day was fun. They gave us these neat giftbags with free food samples and a free radio that could tune in to the ESPN coverage (you can see Boomer et al. doing their thing in the hall but you need a radio to patch into the audio feed). Just remember that the people that they have herding you through line after line are just looking to have the least headaches, and they pay little attention to "who was there first in line", etc. Be ruthless and persistent, and you should get a nice seat for the proceedings (if RSMH can handle the capacity like MSG, which is doubtful). Arrive early!!!!

Have fun bloom

i believe Jason will be at iggles fan HQ (aka his house). Cecil will be Broncos HQ in Dove Valley (the real thing).
We will patch Chase's brother Jamie Stuart, Jason, and Sigmund through the phone lines. I will be at Dove Valley all day, both days. I can't wait! :excited:

Was also there 2 years ago. But was one of the early ones. They did give out wristbands at about 11. We got in line about 8:30 and where ready for an all nighter. We stood about 30th in line. But things have obviously changed. Coming from Canada though means it was a once in a lifetime event. Too bad we where not going back. We got quite a few looks from everyone after the top 15 picks and everyone clears out for being rowdy and loud. Could have been the money being bet in the skins game. We made it fun.

I'll throw in another $100... so the pot is up to $200!bet we can get more :popcorn:

not naked... he should have a FBG hat on of course...on the crack segueway, i hope your band is good...

bad crack kills...

Have fun bloom

We will patch Chase's brother Jamie Stuart, Jason, and Sigmund through the phone lines. I will be at Dove Valley all day, both days. I can't wait! :excited:
Chase's bro? Hopefully he roots for the Pats and there's some good r5ivalries in that family ;)

Have fun bloom

Chase's bro? Hopefully he roots for the Pats and there's some good r5ivalries in that family ;)
Unlike Chase, I don't think he drinks Amstel Light, so that's a positive.Bloom-

Podcast should post tonight! :excited:

Have fun bloom

Wonder if Jason is willing to invite any FBGs that don't have great cable coverage of the draft over to his house....who live in PA? :rolleyes: :D

not naked... he should have a FBG hat on of course...on the crack segueway, i hope your band is good...

bad crack kills...
I will add $100 to the pot we are now up to $300

Bloom, did you take a pair of Redwings or proper pair of boots? Wranglers? Brush popper? That would go over HUGE in New York.

Bloom, did you take a pair of Redwings or proper pair of boots?  Wranglers?  Brush popper?  That would go over HUGE in New York.
You forgot the 10 gallon Stetson.[bloom]

Yee-haw!

[/bloom]
That's right. I caught your bio, Cecil. Big Juevos both wearing the required uniform, which would be hat; buckle; belt; Wranglers and serious **** kickers, and stepping into the ring with bulls. Big Brass ones.

Bloom, did you take a pair of Redwings or proper pair of boots?  Wranglers?  Brush popper?  That would go over HUGE in New York.
You forgot the 10 gallon Stetson.[bloom]

Yee-haw!

[/bloom]
That's right. I caught your bio, Cecil. Big Juevos both wearing the required uniform, which would be hat; buckle; belt; Wranglers and serious **** kickers, and stepping into the ring with bulls. Big Brass ones.
I need to change the picture in my profile! :spit-ding!:

Users who are viewing this thread