What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lesean McCoy? How concerned are we? (4 Viewers)

The Eagles might be 3-0, but Kelly doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who lets record prevent him from making changes when something isn't working. The running game clearly wasn't working vs. Washington, and I'm sure he's very concerned about that.
Good point. ANd a good sign of a good coach if true about Kelly.

To me its simple, McCoy is prolly the most shifty back in the NFL. He's also been a consistent FF producer. I think he'll overcome the O-line problems and be a top 5 FF producer.

I think McCoy and Lacy owners everywhere should trade and change luck.
And if you have them both??
I'll cop to actually doing this. I just traded McCoy for Lacy+Khiry (have ingram so khiry/ingram is my solid #2 slot). This is non-PPR.

McCoy is the better value but it was also about diversifying... have quite a few shares of McCoy this year and none of Lacy. With Lacy's toughest three matchups behind him I'm on board for a turn around. McCoy meanwhile has had his two easiest matchups already in weeks 1 and 2, and a below average rest of the season lined up, including a date with WAS again in the fantasy playoffs.

It could backfire spectacularly, but even if it does, that means I'll probably win the other few leagues where I still have McCoy.

I don't think the injury concerns for either warrant discussion. Lacy's had concussion issues but McCoy has gotten knocked out of two games out of three (before coming back into both of them).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought about trying to trade him this past week.

Now his value has tanked considerably ... have to hold him and hope for the best

I think McCoy and Lacy owners everywhere should trade and change luck.
And if you have them both??
I'll cop to actually doing this. I just traded McCoy for Lacy+Khiry (have ingram so khiry/ingram is my solid #2 slot). This is non-PPR.

McCoy is the better value but it was also about diversifying... have quite a few shares of McCoy this year and none of Lacy. With Lacy's toughest three matchups behind him I'm on board for a turn around. McCoy meanwhile has had his two easiest matchups already in weeks 1 and 2, and a below average rest of the season lined up, including a date with WAS again in the fantasy playoffs.

It could backfire spectacularly, but even if it does, that means I'll probably win the other few leagues where I still have McCoy.

I don't think the injury concerns for either warrant discussion. Lacy's had concussion issues but McCoy has gotten knocked out of two games out of three (before coming back into both of them).
Yahtzee! Lacy didn't look great but this trade at least is looking pretty dang good so far...

Oof. Can you smell it?
Do you post productive things? Between this and your posts in the Charles/Knile threads it seems like youre basically a troll
How productive is your response? Don't worry about those who are just posting what they are feeling at the moment. It's a thread about McCoy so there is nothing wrong with an occasional emotional response.

Time to sell this guy on name value. He looks terrible.
Good luck with that.
The commish in one of my dynasty leagues made McCoy available looking for 2 young WRs or 1 young WR and one young RB, so I offered him Mike Evans and Terrence Williams for McCoy and he rejected it. I thought it was a pretty damn good offer myself.

Good luck with that.
The commish in one of my leagues made McCoy available looking for 2 young WRs or 1 young WR and one young RB, so I offered him Mike Evans and Terrence Williams for McCoy and he rejected it. I thought it was a pretty damn good offer myself.
Really?

Sounds like a dynasty league - amirite? What drugs are you on, to think that was a "pretty damn good offer" ????

Your lucky that commish didn't just lock your roster and return your entry fee - after making a slack-jawed offer like that. Now go sit in the corner

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Good luck with that.
The commish in one of my leagues made McCoy available looking for 2 young WRs or 1 young WR and one young RB, so I offered him Mike Evans and Terrence Williams for McCoy and he rejected it. I thought it was a pretty damn good offer myself.
Really?

Sounds like a dynasty league - amirite? What drugs are you on, to think that was a "pretty damn good offer" ????

Your lucky that commish didn't just lock your roster and return your entry fee - after making a slack-jawed offer like that. Now go sit in the corner
LOL, yes, dynasty ppr league. From the looks of McCoy, I would have got robbed.

Good luck with that.
Really?Sounds like a dynasty league - amirite? What drugs are you on, to think that was a "pretty damn good offer" ????

:goodposting:

Maybe throw in Bernard Pierce and Priest Holmes too.

Good luck with that.
Really?Sounds like a dynasty league - amirite? What drugs are you on, to think that was a "pretty damn good offer" ????

Mike Evans went 1.01 or 1.02 in many leagues and is projected a future star, so in a dynasty format he and Williams for McCoy isn't a bad offer for an underachieving RB in PPR dynasty leagues. As time goes on it may look like a bad offer for the team giving up the WRs.

He looks like he's getting hit in the backfield on every carry. Because he is. Lane Johnson's back next week. If you want to trade McCoy because you don't think he'll get going this season, that's fine, but his value will never be lower than it is right now.

He looks like he's getting hit in the backfield on every carry. Because he is. Lane Johnson's back next week. If you want to trade McCoy because you don't think he'll get going this season, that's fine, but his value will never be lower than it is right now.
Lane isn't really any sort of upgrade on their RT now.

It was losing Evan Mathis, the undisputed best run blocking guard in the NFL, that was/is the issue for McCoy.

Lane isn't really any sort of upgrade on their RT now.

It was losing Evan Mathis, the undisputed best run blocking guard in the NFL, that was/is the issue for McCoy.
Obviously losing Kelce and Mathis hurt, but putting Lane at RT and being able to move Herremans back to guard is absolutely a positive thing.

Good luck with that.

Mike Evans went 1.01 or 1.02 in many leagues and is projected a future star, so in a dynasty format he and Williams for McCoy isn't a bad offer for an underachieving RB in PPR dynasty leagues. As time goes on it may look like a bad offer for the team giving up the WRs.
I was pretty shocked when Peso gave up Watkins for McCoy, but now it's looking like Watkins is the better end of the deal.

Good luck with that.

It could be worse. I have lacy, Charles and McCoy in my dynasty league. You would think I would be set at rb wouldn't you? Knowshown Moreno has more points scored on my bench and he hasn't played in two and a half weeks!!!!

Looking more and more like the stud RB era is ovah. The worst three teams in my main money league are those that drafted 1 2 3 - Charles, McCoy and Peterson. After watching the Eagles today you can see why. It's all pass all the time. The Eagles were up 21-10 on the road, with the best RB in football... And they finish the game with 43 passes and 11 runs.

Despite my rather intense feeling of sacrilegious comparison labeling, I sense a Barry Sanders/McCoy stat line comparison is appropriate.

Im gonna hope he turns it around but this sucks. Wish theyd go under center a little bit more at times instead of running sideways all the time. Hopefully he has bottomed out and the rebound begins next week. He is very talented and hopefully Kelly is a good enough coach to get things ironed out. Top priority is whipping that patchwork OL into shape.

Was offered ball and vjax and two 15 thirds for him in a hard cap league. Seriously entertaining that offer now.

Users who are viewing this thread