What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lions v Packers MNF (1 Viewer)

Umm that rule hurt GB last year several times.  Oh wait...those are forgotten, right?
No. It was created because the NFL couldn’t stand losing Rogers. Then they had to call it. It was a terrible rule and should never have been created. 

I think you guys are forgetting how good AJ Green is. Top-10 NFL WR, when healthy, and still in his prime. Crabtree and Dez likely aren't much better than what they have(if at all) and Sanu is just above JAG level.

Sanders would be a very interesting fit, I'd agree with that.Though quietly the Broncos are on a 2-game winning streak and only a game out of the playoff race, where as the Bengals season is already basically over. 
I know how good AJ Green was.  I don’t believe he is there anymore. Id rather go cheaper wr and if we really want to be bold...go get Ramsey or Peterson at cb.

To be fair, it was close. Saw people on Twitter going either way. And you know if a call is close, the call on the field stands. In the end, the breaks never go the Lions way. They just don’t. 
He never put the ball away.  I was surprised it was called complete in the first place 

No. It was created because the NFL couldn’t stand losing Rogers. Then they had to call it. It was a terrible rule and should never have been created. 
Rodgers didn’t lobby for that rule though.  I agree it should never have been created but don’t blame Rodgers for it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a reminder that nfl ratings are up wildly this year. Nothing is going to change and you will keep watching. 

Refs have to be punished publicly. They need to be fined and they need to no longer be considered above the criticism law. 

How Clete still is employed as a ref and is allowed to have a crew is beyond me as a football fan.

I have eyes, I care about nothing else about the game if one Ref can ruin the entire game. 

Refs must stop ruining the game. 

If it wasn’t for fantasy football, I’m not sure I would watch more than an hour of NFL a week. It’s not good.
The part that's not good is the worst part and it's what usually does in most movies, the ending. The last 5:00 of an NFL game, you could elect a Game Show host as President and get away with it. 

On the same play as the second hands to the face, there's a monster hold by the center
Ok let’s stop with this.  Offensive holding could be called on almost every play.  Those hands to the face calls were terrible along with the questionable personal foul on the play Allison was knocked out and the missed PI.

🙄 at people pointing out that the Lions settled for field goals as though it's some kind of knock on them.... even though the Packers were turning the ball over all night.

Why would you make that call if you weren't CERTAIN?

On third down in both occasions, its a bad bad look

Rodgers gave himself up prior to the TD and they bailed him out
Exactly, a ref can't be making that call if they're like, huh, his hand is kind of in that area, that's enough for me.   You gotta see the fingers wrapped around that mask.  That should be reffing 101

🙄 at people pointing out that the Lions settled for field goals as though it's some kind of knock on them.... even though the Packers were turning the ball over all night.
kicking fgs get ya beat.....lions have no one to blame but themselves. Made Allen Lazard look like sterling sharpe

By the way...do we forget that the TD for Detroit may have never actually crossed the goalline?
This is the problem with homer fans. They dont care about the the facts and the big discussion, they are just gonna fanboy out.

Makes everything they say not credible when we all have eyes to see what happened. 

Sho I know you want to cape up for Green Bay here and defend them against literally everyone else that watched that game. The point isn’t Detroit vs GB. The point is the refs are bad, the rules don’t work, replay is bad and the whole thing is broken.

Why would you make that call if you weren't CERTAIN?
That’s always my thought process on a bad call like that. You couldn’t possibly have seen it since it didn’t happen so why are you calling it? 

Horrible. 

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way...do we forget that the TD for Detroit may have never actually crossed the goalline?
Alright let’s stop with this. No one wants to here Packer fans trying to justify this victory.  Pack caught a huge break probably should just accept it and let people vent.

Sho I know you want to cape up for Green Bay here and defend them against literally everyone else that watched that game. The point isn’t Detroit vs GB. The point is the refs are bad, the rules don’t work, replay is bad and the whole thing is broken.
Look back...I said refs suck league wide.  I proposed paying them to be full time and hold them accountable.

I specifically said everybody has been hit with bad calls that hurt their team.

Users who are viewing this thread