What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Liz Cheney “History is watching us.” (1 Viewer)

No way she runs 3rd party, that would help Trump.

She’ll run as a Republican without any expectation of winning, just to hurt Trump’s chances in the general.
Agreed. She's been very clear and very consistent about her personal hatred for Trump. It's the only reason she's on the J6 committee.
Hmmmm, I wonder what event could have possibly sparked her anger? Votes with Trump 93% of the time. Voices no issues at all, then something happens, and she’s angry. Wonder what that is, if we could only figure that out …..

She’ll run as a Republican without any expectation of winning, just to hurt Trump’s chances in the general.
Agreed. She's been very clear and very consistent about her personal hatred for Trump. It's the only reason she's on the J6 committee.
Hmmmm, I wonder what event could have possibly sparked her anger? Votes with Trump 93% of the time. Voices no issues at all, then something happens, and she’s angry. Wonder what that is, if we could only figure that out …..
Oh it's not a mystery to most what's going on.

Oh I agree, I just think we disagree on what that is

Probably. I'll take her at her word.

Liz Cheney miscalculated thinking Republicans would want to adhere to the Constitution, would support law enforcement and wouldn't be so easily brainwashed by Trump and a right wing propagandist media.

Liz Cheney miscalculated thinking Republicans would want to adhere to the Constitution, would support law enforcement and wouldn't be so easily brainwashed by Trump and a right wing propagandist media.
Agreed, and she should have known better. There has been almost no indication that they would from the moment he got elected in 2016.

Agreed, and she should have known better. There has been almost no indication that they would from the moment he got elected in 2016.
I think she still holds out hope that the GOP can be salvaged and also feel she still feels good about her decision.

I think she still holds out hope that the GOP can be salvaged and also feel she still feels good about her decision.
She’s to old and has been around the block to many’s times to be that naïve.

Oh she miscalculated all right, but not about any of that nonsense.

We know who is living the lie and I think deep down you do as well.

truth isn't a leftist or Democrat value. so you surely do.

Claiming Wyoming republicans suddenly don't believe in the Constitution or support law enforcement or are all "brainwashed by Trump and right wing media propaganda" is a pretty silly on the face of it. I'm . . . "skeptical".

Claiming Wyoming republicans suddenly don't believe in the Constitution or support law enforcement or are all "brainwashed by Trump and right wing media propaganda" is a pretty silly on the face of it. I'm . . . "skeptical".
The same Wyoming Republicans who voted her in with 70%+ then turned on her the second she tried to hold Trump accountable and promptly voted in a Trumped backed candidate? Those Wyoming Republicans? Im…… not “skeptical“.

The same Wyoming Republicans who voted her in with 70%+ then turned on her the second she tried to hold Trump accountable and promptly voted in a Trumped backed candidate? Those Wyoming Republicans? Im…… not “skeptical“.
she got in bed with Nancy Pelosi. you get whatcha get

Ugh. Was she playing "Just the stock tip"?

Lol. Yeah, THATs it. Riiiight.

Some incredible tap dancing going in here. Fred Astaire would be jealous.
Yes, by the side that's fallen for every single hoax the past 6 years. Some realize it was a GOP primary and Cheney got rolled because she put her personal hatred for Trump in front of representing her constituents.
She got rolled because shes trying to hold accountable the liar who attempted to circumvent the will of the people. Aka, doing her job. But this ground has been covered here ad nauseam so I’ll bow out now.

Yes, by the side that's fallen for every single hoax the past 6 years. Some realize it was a GOP primary and Cheney got rolled because she put her personal hatred for Trump in front of representing her constituents.
Please be specific how she didn't represent her constituents. By voting with Trump 90+% of the time? By voting for Trump in 2020? By being one of the most conservative and senior leaders of the House?

Why can't conservatives at least be honest with themselves? Either you pledge complete servitude to Trump or you're out.

That's the party platform, as shameful as it is.

Last edited:
No, she put country ahead of bowing down to one man and his lies.

She did make out pretty nice financially while in office. I would like to see how many do vs not.

Not sure it's this nuanced. I think her miscalculation was merely in how strong "party before all else" was within the GOP base....even over country. That's the core issue here. This stuff you list is all debatable to an individual. What isn't debatable is she had overwhelming support from her constituents for a good period of time and voted with the GOP basically in lock/step. There is exactly ONE event that was her demise and at her decision's core, it was about putting party over country. She didn't, her constituents didn't like it and voted her out. Those voters who turned on her are telling us exactly why. We should listen, but alas, here we are :lol:

Please be specific how she didn't represent her constituents.
It's really not that difficult. Most of them are Trump supporters and feel the J6 committee is a BS witch hunt that's not intended to get to the bottom of the Capitol protests on J6 but rather to prevent Trump from running again. She's admitted this. If it helps, try to imagine a Democrat defending Trump and then losing their primary and everyone going my god how could this have happened?

She did make out pretty nice financially while in office. I would like to see how many do vs not.
What does this have to do with anything?

It's really not that difficult. Most of them are Trump supporters and feel the J6 committee is a BS witch hunt that's not intended to get to the bottom of the Capitol protests on J6 but rather to prevent Trump from running again. She's admitted this. If it helps, try to imagine a Democrat defending Trump and then losing their primary and everyone going my god how could this have happened?
So you agree it's all about servitude to Trump. Her policies were excellent but...

We're making progress.

Liz Cheney has admitted that the J6 committee is a BS witch hunt? News to me.

The left have lost their minds. I remember this board during the Iraq war. Neocons and war-hawk Republicans were vilified endlessly as they should have been and now this woman is a hero? She shouldn’t be anywhere near public office. Some of you are admitting you’d vote for this horrible person? Trump broke you all to the point that you’ve turned political discourse into a form of recreational outrage. Rather sad to see this.

The left have lost their minds. I remember this board during the Iraq war. Neocons and war-hawk Republicans were vilified endlessly as they should have been and now this woman is a hero? She shouldn’t be anywhere near public office. Some of you are admitting you’d vote for this horrible person? Trump broke you all to the point that you’ve turned political discourse into a form of recreational outrage. Rather sad to see this.
Well said my friend. :goodposting:

She admitted her purpose was preventing Trump from being elected aghain.

“Liz Cheney made too much money while in office so let’s elect the Trump-endorsed candidate instead” is some kind of wonderful.
Not speaking for others, but I myself only mentioned the tens of millions of dollars she made in office not as a reason she should be voted out but as a reason she doesn't really need anyone's sympathy.
But yes, all the comrades on this board crying over a Cheney getting primaried truly is some kind of wonderful.

The left have lost their minds. I remember this board during the Iraq war. Neocons and war-hawk Republicans were vilified endlessly
Yeah....this is complete BS. The board was a pretty good mirror for what the country was feeling, which was "we gotta get these guys!!!!! war!!!!!!". There was a handful of us (like literally 4-5) who said it wasn't a good idea and it was not in the best interest of the country. I was called every single name in the book for being of that opinion. Once it was determined that WMD was complete and utter BS, our boat got a lot more full for sure, but initially, it was a pretty lonely row.

So you agree it's all about servitude to Trump. Her policies were excellent but...

We're making progress.
You're so close to getting it, but yes progress is being made.

And that is the kiss of death in the party of Trump. Thanks for admitting it. No real concern for her conservative principles, her votes, actions that impact the state, nothing but fealty to Trump.

We are definitely making progress.

And that is the kiss of death in the party of Trump. Thanks for admitting it. No real concern for her conservative principles, her votes, actions that impact the state, nothing but fealty to Trump.

I don't think we're making progress. You still sound very confused on a very simply topic. She was elected to represent the people of WY and she stopped representing them. I don't live in Wyoming but I've seen some of the rallies. It's not fealty to Trump, it's fealty to WY. It shouldn't be this difficult.

I don't think we're making progress. You still sound very confused on a very simply topic. She was elected to represent the people of WY and she stopped representing them. I don't live in Wyoming but I've seen some of the rallies. It's not fealty to Trump, it's fealty to WY. It shouldn't be this difficult.
You’re right NB it’s not that difficult. WY is in the US correct? So she also represents the best interest of the country too. You’re a smart dude you understand this. Trumps actions were in direct conflict with those best interests. As a member of congress it’s her job to understand these things better the your average citizen worrying about their own jobs and families. She is literally doing her job.

How did defying Trump impact her constituents? C'mon guy you can get there...because all her constituents care about is Trump. Like we've been saying...the party of Trump, kneel or out you go.

She voted as a conservative almost all the time AND she was a high ranking R in the House. Now they have a freshman in her place

Wow, what an upgrade. All do to fealty to Trump.

It's quite SAD

Now what you need to realize is why she wants to keep Trump out of the Oval office....it's not because she hates him ( although she would have to be a Saint not to) It’s because she wants to keep a corrupt crook out of there.

How did defying Trump impact her constituents? C'mon guy you can get there...because all her constituents care about is Trump. Like we've been saying...the party of Trump, kneel or out you go.

She voted as a conservative almost all the time AND she was a high ranking R in the House. Now they have a freshman in her place

It's quite SAD
I think you're problem is you don't see supporting Trump as a legitimate political point of view. R's of WY apparently do. Also you seem to place WAY too much value on being a "high ranking" member (I believe Liz made the same mistake - as did Eric Cantor in another state years ago). It's not that none of that matters - it just doesn't matter that much.
So no, I seriously doubt all her constituents only care about Trump. That's just pure silliness. But EVEN if it were true, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Now what you need to realize is why she wants to keep Trump out of the Oval office....it's not because she hates him ( although she would have to be a Saint not to) It’s because she wants to keep a corrupt crook out of there.
Yes yes corrupt crook, egomaniac, white supremacist, worse than Hitler blah blah blah. It's still nothing more than institutional TDS.
Liz: "I admit I'm doing the wrong thing, but I have a REALLY good reason: orange man bad!"
WY: :bye:

It's quite SAD
I think you're problem is you don't see supporting Trump as a legitimate political point of view. R's of WY apparently do. Also you seem to place WAY too much value on being a "high ranking" member (I believe Liz made the same mistake - as did Eric Cantor in another state years ago). It's not that none of that matters - it just doesn't matter that much.
So no, I seriously doubt all her constituents only care about Trump. That's just pure silliness. But EVEN if it were true, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Sure, it's perfectly ok to pitch your ideals and throw all your fealty behind a single guy and worry about pleasing only him.

That's perfectly normal...in banana republics.

It's good though, just going to make '24 that much easier for dems. All Trump/Onlyl Trump may work in 75% R Wyoming, I wonder how it will play in PA, MI, GA, AZ, etc.

Guess we'll find out.

This woman is not her father...you realize that, right?
We had a poster claim she should go hunting with her dad...and the left is the ones who have lost their minds?
The right is vilifying her for one reason...she dared go against Donald Trump when it came to his election nonsense. For that she is terrible and RINO.

Political discourse...from people who supported Donald Trump...no thanks, don't need advice on discourse from such people.

Yes yes corrupt crook, egomaniac, white supremacist, worse than Hitler blah blah blah. It's still nothing more than institutional TDS.
Liz: "I admit I'm doing the wrong thing, but I have a REALLY good reason: orange man bad!"
WY: :bye:
You sure love putting words in her mouth. When did she ever admit to doing the wrong thing?

Link to when she has ever stated a personal hatred for Trump? Link to when she stated that it’s her reason for being on the committee? She has stated again and again that she believes Trump committed serious crimes and that he is a threat to our freedom and democratic system, and that is why she is on the committee. She’s never expressed a personal hatred. Again, why do you keep making **** up?

The main reason, I believe, that so many folks on the right are so bitter about Liz Cheney is that she shames them. Her presence forces them to face the truth about themselves and their support for Donald Trump and they’re embarrassed by that. It’s a classic case of kill the messenger.

Users who are viewing this thread