What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looks like both the Bells are questionable now (1 Viewer)

Kinda hard to blame Shanahan if his RBs are hurt, don't you think?Damien Nash's stock is on the rise, though.
Nash stinks!
I thought he looked pretty good against the Chargers. More importantly, Shanahan seems to like him and if both Bells are hurt or limited, he's next in line.And no, I'm not a Nash owner.

Kinda hard to blame Shanahan if his RBs are hurt, don't you think?Damien Nash's stock is on the rise, though.
Nash stinks!
I thought he looked pretty good against the Chargers. More importantly, Shanahan seems to like him and if both Bells are hurt or limited, he's next in line.And no, I'm not a Nash owner.
Nash ran hard but he also went down hard when tackled. I quess what I'm saying is he is not elusive and takes alot of hard hits. I don't see him as anything more than a back to come in and spell the starter. As far as Mike Bell and his thigh, unless it is a pulled muscle it shouldn't be a problem. How many players miss games because of a bruise. IMHO

Nash stinks!
:rolleyes: This oughta be good. This thread is about to be blown up WAY out of proportion. Brace yourself.
This should be merged with TatumsToes thread.

I remember Denver's thanksgiving game last year, when Ron Dayne stepped up huge. De ja for Nash???

Last edited by a moderator:
From today's Denver Post:

Although the Broncos' top two running backs, Tatum Bell (turf toes) and Mike Bell (thigh), were listed as questionable on the injury report Tuesday, both participated in the full workout and are expected to be upgraded to probable today.

Link

I remember Denver's thanksgiving game last year, when Ron Dayne stepped up huge. De ja for Nash???
Do you recall if Dayne was named the starter prior to gametime? Right now I don't care who starts, I just want to know who is going to play. :loco:

Although the Broncos' top two running backs, Tatum Bell (turf toes) and Mike Bell (thigh), were listed as questionable on the injury report Tuesday, both participated in the full workout and are expected to be upgraded to probable today.

Link
this means nothing. T. bell was upgraded last week and did not play.

Link
:goodposting: This is my last year even drafting one of the Denver guys to play flex. I've had it.

Link
Agreed. I was just passing along the information that I found.

This is from John Clayton's blog today: "By saving Tatum Bell and not playing him against the Chargers on Sunday because of his toe injuries, Broncos coach Mike Shanahan should have him available to start against the Chiefs. Had Bell played against the Chargers, his feet have been so sore he probably would have had a bad game. Now, he has a chance to do well against the Chiefs."

This is from John Clayton's blog today: "By saving Tatum Bell and not playing him against the Chargers on Sunday because of his toe injuries, Broncos coach Mike Shanahan should have him available to start against the Chiefs. Had Bell played against the Chargers, his feet have been so sore he probably would have had a bad game. Now, he has a chance to do well against the Chiefs."
I wonder if Shanahan expect to lose the San Diego game.. not sure that Tatum Bell was going to save that 17 point collapse but (especially in a 16 game regular season sport) it seems that resting a guy one game to play him another seems silly

I wonder if Shanahan expect to lose the San Diego game.. not sure that Tatum Bell was going to save that 17 point collapse but (especially in a 16 game regular season sport) it seems that resting a guy one game to play him another seems silly
kinda makes sense for Tatum actually to sit another game, as it'll give him another 10 days to heal. But in Shanny we Trust.

Inactivating Mike Bell vs. OAK because he "left yards on the field" vs. PIT seemed silly too, but it happened.If DEN was going to- at worst- split the series w/ SD, they needed that one at home w/o Merriman.

Inactivating Mike Bell vs. OAK because he "left yards on the field" vs. PIT seemed silly too, but it happened.
That's because there reportedly was more to the de-activation than simply Bell's poor play against the Steelers.

That's because there reportedly was more to the de-activation than simply Bell's poor play against the Steelers.

Read that M.Bell was freelancing with the plays. Sorry no link.

do you think that shannahan will actually name a starter?

how soon before kickoff does he have to declare inactives?

no football network at the inlaws house may put me at the mercy of these message boards tomorrow!! :wall:

The Denver Post has been pretty good about keeping us informed about the RB situation. Last week's took a lot of people by surprise given how Tatum was upgraded on Saturday. If we're lucky we'll get something tomorrow morning which says one of the RBs has been named the starter. If not, we'll probably have to wait until around 6 p.m. ET (one hour before the game) when the starting lineups are announced in the press box.

I'm actually giving considering to going with Tatum as my RB3 this week against my better judgment. I need someone to talk me off the ledge. :loco:

What about the fact that Tatum was upgraded last week and made inactive. Could that feasibly happen again without some type of repricussion (sp?) from the NFL?

What about the fact that Tatum was upgraded last week and made inactive. Could that feasibly happen again without some type of repricussion (sp?) from the NFL?
Doubtful. I don't think there's anything the league can do to enforce this. They actually tried two seasons ago, ordering coaches to be more forthcoming which basically led to coaches lying even more and finding other ways to get around being forthcoming (such as Jeff Fisher listing everyone and their mother as questionable every week).

Rule #455 in Fantasy Football:

Never own a running back that plays for Denver.

Last time this didn't apply was before Terrell Davis got injured and allowed the Mike Andersons, Olandis Garys, Quentin Griffins, Clinton Portises (although he's still good), and Reuben Droughns of the world to infest our little fantasy football paradise.

with all this said, who do you go with this week?
Tater will get the start tonight. M Bell is likely sidelined at least for this week.Nash has been a practice darling for the past 4 weeks and will see carries today regardless, but if Tater struggles or re-injures his toe, Nash could see the majority of touches today. In addition, if T Bell does struggle, Shanny likely will go with Nash's fresh legs to finish the season. People need to remember that in order for the Denver Running Sytstem to be effective the RB NEEDS to be able to make that first quick cut upfield. Busted up toes and thigh contusions aren't usually conducive to being able to do that.IMO Nash will get the majority of touches for at least 2 of the next 3 games, but knowing Shanny and assuming Nash performs, likely for the remainder of the season.IMO T Bell will get a chance to perform this week, and if it doesn't work out tonight, he will likely get shelved for a couple of weeks until he heals up more and THEN he will get another shot.IMO M Bell is likely the odd man out. He hasn't been practicing well for weeks and, although not in the doghouse, he's lost a little of the preseason luster he entered the season with.Just my 2 cents-

IMO M Bell is likely the odd man out. He hasn't been practicing well for weeks and, although not in the doghouse, he's lost a little of the preseason luster he entered the season with.Just my 2 cents-
Yeah...he did awful against SD last week (4.5 ypc, 2 TDs). :rolleyes:

IMO M Bell is likely the odd man out. He hasn't been practicing well for weeks and, although not in the doghouse, he's lost a little of the preseason luster he entered the season with.Just my 2 cents-
Yeah...he did awful against SD last week (4.5 ypc, 2 TDs). :rolleyes:
I understand he had a nice game last week. Just expressing my opinion on what I have heard aside from what is in print.And this isn't a slight on M Bell. He is just not healthy right now and played only 4 days ago. For all I know M Bell may play and play well (who knows what really goes on in the mind of Dr. Shannystien). But for my money he is likely going to get less touches today.Also there is one more thing people arent considering. Nash is the player Cutler has been practicing next to for 4 months. He is the player Cutler feels most comfortable lining up with. Dont underestimate the value of that chemistry and the practice reps.Im not saying, I'm just saying.You may not agree with me, but my track record on this board speaks for itself.

packersfan said:
The Denver Post has been pretty good about keeping us informed about the RB situation. Last week's took a lot of people by surprise given how Tatum was upgraded on Saturday. If we're lucky we'll get something tomorrow morning which says one of the RBs has been named the starter. If not, we'll probably have to wait until around 6 p.m. ET (one hour before the game) when the starting lineups are announced in the press box. I'm actually giving considering to going with Tatum as my RB3 this week against my better judgment. I need someone to talk me off the ledge. :loco:
Look to your right.......that's me on the ledge with you, I'm considering the same. :loco:

with all this said, who do you go with this week?
M Bell is likely sidelined at least for this week.
you think the injury is serious? i assumed that he is good to go...
No, I dont think the injury is serious. I think he should play this game and will heal up fine. I just think its a short week and because he carried most of the load last week he is hurting.IMO M Bell will play, but Shanny will probably limit his touches. I dont expect to see anywhere near the 20 touches he got 4 days ago. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him come in the game as the GL/Short Yardage back. It seems that has been his role more than not this year.When I am talking about the RB situation, I am talking about who will recieve more touches for the remainder of the season. M Bell still has a role on the team regardless, GL RB.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I dont think the injury is serious. I think he should play this game and will heal up fine. I just think its a short week and because he carried most of the load last week he is hurting.IMO M Bell will play, but Shanny will probably limit his touches. I dont expect to see anywhere near the 20 touches he got 4 days ago. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him come in the game as the GL/Short Yardage back. It seems that has been his role more than not this year.When I am talking about the RB situation, I am talking about who will recieve more touches for the remainder of the season. M Bell still has a role on the team regardless, GL RB.
Would they really keep all three activated? Bell, Bell, and Nash?? Perhaps I am uninformed, but it seems like the Broncos have only kept two activated for any one game. Maybe this had more to do with injuries than anything else - which is what we are talking about here, right?This has been one mess of a season with the Denver RBs. I knew it could be headache but didn't fully understand the depth to the pain in the rear it has become.

Users who are viewing this thread