What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mad Men on AMC (2 Viewers)

The Blockbuster store up the street from me is closing down. They're selling everything in the store dirt-cheap. I bought the season 2 set for $21. :goodposting:

Then I checked how much the set was online. $20 at Amazon.com :coffee:

The Blockbuster store up the street from me is closing down. They're selling everything in the store dirt-cheap. I bought the season 2 set for $21. :thumbup:Then I checked how much the set was online. $20 at Amazon.com :shrug:
I got it online for free via mininova

After the first episode of this season, I'd figured that Don's feelings towards Sal (and homosexuals in general) would be laissez faire. Guess not.
I think his attitude is that, but it can't get in the way of business.Sal would have been fired for any number of things if a big client like Lucky Strike threatened to walk away.

This was plain and simple a business decision, it had nothing to do with his attitude toward gays.
agreed

Major said:
RudiStein said:
The Blockbuster store up the street from me is closing down. They're selling everything in the store dirt-cheap. I bought the season 2 set for $21. :lmao:Then I checked how much the set was online. $20 at Amazon.com :lmao:
I got it online for free via mininova
That's $20 less than Amazon.

With only two episodes left, how do you think this season will end?
Kennedy getting shot will figure prominently. Sterling Cooper will be sold. Maybe the teacher pulls a Glen Close (Fatal Attraction) on Draper. Beyond that, I got nuthin. I've given up guessing where this show is going.

I just finished Episode 2 of Season 3

I've been flying through this show and I love it.

Question:

Why haven't we seen Duck Phillips yet? Is he back in London? Or is there something that happened in between seasons that we will get to find out?

Just curious

Hamm's performance during the "confession" was devastating.From dropping the cigarette to the look of despair as he talks of his brother's suicide, he brought his A-Game tonight.
:) He totally KILLED it. Didn't know Hamm had that in him. You could feel Draper's pain.
:goodposting: You saw **** Whittman there.
That was **** crying for himself, not his poor brother.
I guess I'm not that cynical.
Don was crying for his brother and how he treated him. That's why he added, "all he (adam) wanted was to be a part of my life." Don was crying because his brother deserved better.

The song Don and Betty danced to at the wedding...

I was expecting someone to go tell the chef that this is low-grade dog food.

(No idea if anyone will get that) :lmao:

Have any of you ever caught any anachronisms in this show? They seem to be really on point with that stuff.
For what it's worth I think I've got a pretty good grasp of that time period but I've never been able to spot anything. I think I read somewhere that Weiner admitted that the type/brand of electric typewriters they used in the first season really didn't come out for a couple of years but they couldn't find enough of the real ones.The only things I've noticed that I thought might be out of place is some of the dialogue. I think I remember someone saying "wrap your head around". I could be totally wrong but I thought that was something from the last 15-20 years.

Took me 2 weeks to catch all the way up. Seasons 1, 2 and 3 all current and I caught last nights episode.

I love this show - so different than everything else out there.

I thought last nights episode was great as well but I really don't get the Peggy/Duck Phillips story line. She's boning Duck Phillips of all people...for what reason? Makes no sense to me.

Since I've watched all the seasons so close together I noticed how during Season 1 how much of a villian Pete Campbell was and now in Season 3 how they've made him more into a sympathetic character. I kind of like the change.

Don Draper makes me want to smoke cigarettes and get a bottle of scotch for my office.

John Bender said:
Since I've watched all the seasons so close together I noticed how during Season 1 how much of a villian Pete Campbell was and now in Season 3 how they've made him more into a sympathetic character. I kind of like the change.
Not sure if it was an intentional progression or not, but it kind of coincides with how a young guy matures in the workplace. comes in full of arrogance, thinking he's going to take the place over, only to realize what a long and competitive process it can be. happened to me.

John Bender said:
Not sure if it was an intentional progression or not, but it kind of coincides with how a young guy matures in the workplace. comes in full of arrogance, thinking he's going to take the place over, only to realize what a long and competitive process it can be. happened to me.
:lol: Been there, done that

John Bender said:
Took me 2 weeks to catch all the way up. Seasons 1, 2 and 3 all current and I caught last nights episode.I love this show - so different than everything else out there.I thought last nights episode was great as well but I really don't get the Peggy/Duck Phillips story line. She's boning Duck Phillips of all people...for what reason? Makes no sense to me..
I really don't see why people have such a problem with this. Duck has recognized Peggy's talent as a professional and her desirability as a woman. He's the closest thing she's found to someone who gets her.

My favorite character is Pete.

I don't like Don but I can't stand Peggy. She's the worst.

Last edited by a moderator:
Campbell is still a major #####, he did practically rape that au pair. Yes, he has toned it down in the office but the guy is still a #####.

I honestly wouldn't be upset to see Betty's character retired from the show. I know they won't but she brings nothing to the table except hotness. I really don't think January Jones is that great an actress either.

I had a hard time thinking Betty Draper would have gotten really choked up when JFK was shot. I am surprised she even stopped to watch it. Seemed out of character to me.

And what's up with Sterling's daughter, she was a primadonna a couple of days before the wedding and then her wedding was a bust but she seemed okay with it?

Duck is shady.

Campbell is still a major #####, he did practically rape that au pair. Yes, he has toned it down in the office but the guy is still a #####.
Pete Campbell is, to steal a phrase from Wm S Burroughs, "spiritually underprivileged".

I honestly wouldn't be upset to see Betty's character retired from the show. I know they won't but she brings nothing to the table except hotness. I really don't think January Jones is that great an actress either.I had a hard time thinking Betty Draper would have gotten really choked up when JFK was shot. I am surprised she even stopped to watch it. Seemed out of character to me.And what's up with Sterling's daughter, she was a primadonna a couple of days before the wedding and then her wedding was a bust but she seemed okay with it?Duck is shady.
Betty ODing on meds post JFK would be interesting

I honestly wouldn't be upset to see Betty's character retired from the show. I know they won't but she brings nothing to the table except hotness. I really don't think January Jones is that great an actress either.I had a hard time thinking Betty Draper would have gotten really choked up when JFK was shot. I am surprised she even stopped to watch it. Seemed out of character to me.And what's up with Sterling's daughter, she was a primadonna a couple of days before the wedding and then her wedding was a bust but she seemed okay with it?Duck is shady.
Or one of her kids getting tired of her #### and throwing a toaster in her bath.

Or one of her kids getting tired of her #### and throwing a toaster in her bath.
Two things I love most in this world: Nekkid Hot women and Freshly toasted bread. Mmmmm...

Two things I love most in this world: Nekkid Hot women and Freshly toasted bread. Mmmmm...
:wolf: :thumbup:

I honestly wouldn't be upset to see Betty's character retired from the show. I know they won't but she brings nothing to the table except hotness. I really don't think January Jones is that great an actress either.
Unless the director tells her to have a perpetual look of constipation on her face.In that case, she's a great actress.

I think J Jones is a decent actress. I've liked her character, but now its played out. I wouldn't mind if they wrote her out or kept her in the background as Don's ex-wife from hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Jones as an actress. She plays up her child-like nature so that her manipulations fly under the radar--she gets away with it much easier than a more outwardly-manipulative character would. But at the same time she's still unsure about what it is she's doing, and that comes across perfectly. She's conflicted in a world where she's not sure if she loves her life or hates it. She wants to love her man and the life he provides, but can't because of what he's done to her.

I think she's great.

I saw the last few minutes of a tv show called "Providence".

I barely remembered it. (What I recalled is that BJ Hunnicutt was the Dad).

It starred the tall Greek woman from "CSI: NY".

Jon Hamm was on it; I think he played her boyfriend, though I am not certain.

The only thing I have ever seen from him pre-"Mad Men".

Users who are viewing this thread