What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Many Peyton owners to be eliminated from the playoffs this week (1 Viewer)

monk

Footballguy
Peyton Manning has been awful when the Temp is under 32 degrees

3 & 7, more Ints than tds and avg just over 200 yds per game.

The temp in Denver Sunday is going to be 16 degrees with a wind chill of 1 and a good chance of snow.

Titans are also a top 3 pass defense.

It was a nice ride ... but it is coming to a chilly end

Ten and the under

Link?

Have a feeling more PManning owners have a Bye week this week, so even if Manning sucks, it does not matter!

How exciting for Moreno owners. You're making it sound like it will be another game like the Pats game the other week.

I expect Peyton to throw for 5-6 TD's against the Titans. Titans always handle great QB's poorly.

FWIW to add a log on this soon-to-be flaming thread, I DO recall Manning's own terms a few weeks ago being that their team needed to "winterize" and prepare for the elements and the suggestion was to run more and pass less and I beleive the idea was to use more RBs and not just dump all that on Moreno.

If Manning puts up another big day this week, it is no surprise. If they do just as the OP suggests, no surprise there either. These are the things that make fantasy playoffs such crapshoots. You ride high with these types of players only to see them hit the brakes and rest just when your team needs them the most while, at the same time, you find yourself facing off with some random player on a team that is scratching and clawing to get into a playoff, play for a contract or something, and you get upended. The joy/frustrations of fantasy.

I expect Peyton to throw for 5-6 TD's against the Titans. Titans always handle great QB's poorly.
yeah looking at the titans schedule I really dont see too many top flight passing attacks on that list

sometime the whole top5 pass defense thing can get over blown.

Houston I believe is #1 vs the pass and brady threw for 370 jsut lastweek (indoors granted)

yeah looking at the titans schedule I really dont see too many top flight passing attacks on that list

Houston I believe is #1 vs the pass and brady threw for 370 jsut lastweek (indoors granted)
yeah, but that's brady, dude

:stirspot:

indeed

Meh, gotta dance with who brung ya. I had a strong feeling he was going to have a huge year and there were people shocked I took him in the first round. In retrospect with all the RB busts this year, I stand by the decision. I'm envisioning low-end QB1 numbers this week. My opponent has some duds and rough matchups too, so it should be close. I would say any team that just has Peyton and a bunch of crap deserves to lose anyway. I have other studs on my roster.

Meh, gotta dance with who brung ya. I had a strong feeling he was going to have a huge year and there were people shocked I took him in the first round. In retrospect with all the RB busts this year, I stand by the decision. I'm envisioning low-end QB1 numbers this week. My opponent has some duds and rough matchups too, so it should be close. I would say any team that just has Peyton and a bunch of crap deserves to lose anyway. I have other studs on my roster.
you don't think you could've gotten him in the 2nd or 3rd?

Rivers is the best QB they faced this year. Then it's Luck, Wilson and nothing.

Matt Schaub put up 298/3 (with 2 INTs) against them.

I actually own the Broncos triplets in my dynasty (Manning, Demaryius, Knowshon) -- I'm a touch nervous.

USUALLY, Knowshon makes up for a down game from DT, or vice versa. BUT, need all three in the playoffs... hopefully this thread functions as a reverse jinx on Manning and company, and he goes nuts on the Titans.

Am I concerned about this week? Certainly. However, it's mitigated (somewhat) by a couple key items. Most of all, Manning and very importantly his TEAM is a cold weather team. They are not used to playing in the dome every week. And this comes to the second point - it's not just Manning, but the whole team that's used to being outside - and acclimated to the altitude at that. So, in summary:

1. Manning is more used to playing outside

2. The surrounding team (who is somewhat responsible for Peyton's issues previously, even if not the major reason) is also used to it.

So, Im concerned, but not as concerned as if he played in a dome with a team in a dome all year and had to go to Denver or somewhere else and face the elements.

yeah looking at the titans schedule I really dont see too many top flight passing attacks on that listsometime the whole top5 pass defense thing can get over blown.

Rivers is the best QB they faced this year. Then it's Luck, Wilson and nothing.

Matt Schaub put up 298/3 (with 2 INTs) against them.
Rivers and Wilson are top 10 guys at the least. Luck is struggling but he's obviously very good. The titans are a strong pass d. Still wouldn't be shocked by manning throwing 4 tds but five or six is not happening.

I have been claiming the broncos want to run pretty much all year and have been consistently wrong. I think that's wrong again this week. Recent press conferences from Fox and Gase sound like they are tired and frustrated of the whole "Manning in cold weather" meme, and they want to put that to bed. I'm quite sure Manning is tired of being asked about it.

Broncos have had the opportunity to practice outdoors in bitter cold all week and so they will be prepared for it, and fully understand any limitations Manning may or may not have. Reports from yesterday indicate Manning looked "tremendous", and wind is more of a concern than cold. (note: current game-time forecast calls for 6 mph wind).

I think everyone is expecting the Broncos to shut down the passing game and run Moreno into the ground (again); frankly I expect them to do the opposite. There may not be lots of downfield passing in this game, but there is no reason Manning can't thrive throwing within 10 yards of the LoS.

Yeah it would have knocked me out this week except like so many other Peyton Manning owners, we are all enjoying a 1st round bye week from the safety of our couches.

See you next week

he went in the third in most start one qb leagues I'm in. Only time I saw him go in the first round was in a start 2 qb league.

Broncos have had the opportunity to practice outdoors in bitter cold all week and so they will be prepared for it, and fully understand any limitations Manning may or may not have. Reports from yesterday indicate Manning looked "tremendous", and wind is more of a concern than cold. (note: current game-time forecast calls for 6 mph wind).
Oh no, not the dreaded "he looked tremendous in practice" or when a coach says "We had a terrific week of practice" always the kiss of death.

No, it's a QB flex league. People were taking their second QBs in the 4th and 5th (teams that did well anyway). I sucked in this league for a while so in August I sat down and looked at the top scoring players and what the best teams did to be successful and went "holy ####, I need two top QBs to be any good in this league." So I did that and kicked the crap out of everyone for most of the season.

No, it's a QB flex league. People were taking their second QBs in the 4th and 5th (teams that did well anyway). I sucked in this league for a while so in August I sat down and looked at the top scoring players and what the best teams did to be successful and went "holy ####, I need two top QBs to be any good in this league." So I did that and kicked the crap out of everyone for most of the season.
Wait until next year, assuming your owners follow enough to learn their lesson.

I am in two superflex leagues. In one, 15-18 QBs are gone by the end of round TWO. In the other, 18-20 are gone by end of round three, very early four. They FLY off the board to the point where you have to get creative, lucky, or really know which crappy / young QB will emerge (I remember the early Brady years when he was solid, but not spectacular fantasy wise, and he was great. Schaubs first really good season was a nice find, this year it was looking like Sam Bradford whom I took in the 4th, except he got hurt. It's THOSE QBs that win you these leagues when the owners understand a 2QB perspective)

Too bad your other QB is Tony Romo who sucks dog balls.

Yeah it would have knocked me out this week except like so many other Peyton Manning owners, we are all enjoying a 1st round bye week from the safety of our couches.

See you next week
Next Thursday weather looks much better too. No rain in the 40s and an easier defense in sd. Thursday games are usually a curse though so I doubt manning has a 5 td game. But 300 and 3 seems probable.

Glad I have a bye though. This tenn pass def is legit and the weather is going to be bad. Manning will struggle

Too bad your other QB is Tony Romo who sucks dog balls.
Fitz this week.

Wait until next year, assuming your owners follow enough to learn their lesson.

I am in two superflex leagues. In one, 15-18 QBs are gone by the end of round TWO. In the other, 18-20 are gone by end of round three, very early four. They FLY off the board to the point where you have to get creative, lucky, or really know which crappy / young QB will emerge (I remember the early Brady years when he was solid, but not spectacular fantasy wise, and he was great. Schaubs first really good season was a nice find, this year it was looking like Sam Bradford whom I took in the 4th, except he got hurt. It's THOSE QBs that win you these leagues when the owners understand a 2QB perspective)
Yep. I bet the farm on Pryor after watching that Colts game. I was like okay, he's the RGIII this year, he's going to run for 1000 yards, I can trade Romo, this is awesome.

I'm guessing the weather means more running followed by every drive ending with a passing TD. 200 yards and 4 TDs. Oh, those poor, poor Peyton owners!

:moneybag:

In 2 of my 3 leauges, Tennessee DST getting started this week during the playoffs. I'd never do this. People trying to be "sneaky" here or the OP truly has an epiphany?

Not likely, I saw Schaub succeed against these guys. The Texans beat this team.

Manning will school Verner.

In 2 of my 3 leauges, Tennessee DST getting started this week during the playoffs. I'd never do this. People trying to be "sneaky" here or the OP truly has an epiphany?
Insanity, unless it's really snowy and windy, but even then, plenty of other defenses I would start over Tennessee. Peyton could struggle in the cold, but I wouldn't be so confident assuming that with a playoff game on the line.

need2know said:
Ministry of Pain said:

See you next week
Next Thursday weather looks much better too. No rain in the 40s and an easier defense in sd. Thursday games are usually a curse though so I doubt manning has a 5 td game. But 300 and 3 seems probable.

Glad I have a bye though. This tenn pass def is legit and the weather is going to be bad. Manning will struggle
yeah, sure was a curse on Manning when he opened the season on a Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread