What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marshawn Lynch - How Much of a Hit to his position (1 Viewer)

Lynch's position today vs. before legal woes (poll started 6/16/08)

• I've moved him up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lynch hasn't moved on my board

• I dropped him 1 slot

• I dropped him 2 slots

• I dropped him 3 slots

• I dropped him 4 slots

• I dropped him 5 slots

• I dropped him 6 slots

• I dropped him 7 slots

• I dropped him 8 slots

• I dropped him 9 slots

• I dropped him 10 slots

• He's slid more than 10 down my board

• Right now he's undraftable in my opinion

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Wimer

Ok, this thread is not to discuss the Marshawn Lynch hit and run case and/or the merits of the case. That thread is here if you are interested in commenting on the real-world investigation/subpoenas and etc.

What I am trying to do here is get a snapshot of how far down the Shark Pool community has discounted Lynch on a person-by person basis. Please indicate above regarding your personal RB board - have you discounted Lynch due to the uncertainty over his legal woes/possible league sanctions due to the hit and run situation? If you feel inclined, please reply with the reasons you have selected the poll choice you did.

I have moved Lynch down more than 10 slots on both my PPR and non-PPR boards due to his legal problems. I think at his current ADP he's undraftable right now (I wouldn't spend a first round/early second round pick on a guy who could be suspended part of the season) until we get some clarity on his involvement (or lack thereof) in the hit and run incident.

"I've moved him up." :lmao:

I've not done anything with him and won't for the time being. More needs to shake out, first.

I think the answers are different depending upon the league type. If it's a redraft, I haven't done anything yet because the resolution will likely occur long before draft day. In a dynasty, I wouldn't draft him, not because of the suspension he might face from this incident but because of the problems this might point to in his future.

Dynasty PPR.

Before the incident I was talking with the Lynch owner about McFadden plus? for Lynch.

Now I have been offered Lynch/Jackson a first and a 2nd for McFadden and a 3rd and I have not accepted.

I think the answers are different depending upon the league type. If it's a redraft, I haven't done anything yet because the resolution will likely occur long before draft day. In a dynasty, I wouldn't draft him, not because of the suspension he might face from this incident but because of the problems this might point to in his future.
This.

Ok, this thread is not to discuss the Marshawn Lynch hit and run case and/or the merits of the case. That thread is here if you are interested in commenting on the real-world investigation/subpoenas and etc.

What I am trying to do here is get a snapshot of how far down the Shark Pool community has discounted Lynch on a person-by person basis. Please indicate above regarding your personal RB board - have you discounted Lynch due to the uncertainty over his legal woes/possible league sanctions due to the hit and run situation? If you feel inclined, please reply with the reasons you have selected the poll choice you did.

I have moved Lynch down more than 10 slots on both my PPR and non-PPR boards due to his legal problems. I think at his current ADP he's undraftable right now (I wouldn't spend a first round/early second round pick on a guy who could be suspended part of the season) until we get some clarity on his involvement (or lack thereof) in the hit and run incident.
To be quite honest Mark, I haven't moved him at all. I don't have league drafts in June and this case will be a lot clearer in late August when most sane people draft. So I am just in a holding pattern and have a highlighted his name. It hasn't changed one bit for me. I love his potential in a redraft. Now in a Dynasty where a pattern of idiocy from a player could have long term effects on your team, I have dropped him a little bit.

If my draft were held today (wish it was/glad it isn't), I wouldn't look for him until the 3rd round - and I was excited of the possiblity of landing him 7th overall before the story came out. It's Goodell I'm worried about.

Dynasty PPR.Before the incident I was talking with the Lynch owner about McFadden plus? for Lynch.Now I have been offered Lynch/Jackson a first and a 2nd for McFadden and a 3rd and I have not accepted.
Which Jackson?

To be quite honest Mark, I haven't moved him at all. I don't have league drafts in June and this case will be a lot clearer in late August when most sane people draft. So I am just in a holding pattern and have a highlighted his name. It hasn't changed one bit for me. I love his potential in a redraft. Now in a Dynasty where a pattern of idiocy from a player could have long term effects on your team, I have dropped him a little bit.
Thanks for the reply - I agree, most folks don't draft now, but there are some drafts ongoing as of today, and also since the staff is in a dynamic ranking environment on the Footballguys' boards, I wanted to see how the larger FF community is weighting the ongoing situation as a way of gaining perspective on my own personal response to the situation as a double-check on Lynch's particular ranking/projection on my board. I think the responses have also highlighted an important difference between redraft and dynasty leagues, in that dynasty leagues are more sensitive to character issues than redraft leagues, as you point out. Character issues like, say, Jerramy Steven's have more consequence if you invest a high rookie draft pick in a player in the dynasty environment and look for him to contribute for several years - much like the Atlanta Falcons discovered to their great detriment last year with the Vick criminal enterprise/prison sentence.

With the Buffalo authorities saying they expect a resolution before the Grand Jury is seated, I think we'll probably know something more definite on the legal front shortly. I'd expect the league office/commish Goodell to act before training camp in the case that there is a plea bargain, depending on the severity of the crime admitted in any possible plea. If the case moves to indictment, it'll be a longer, more drawn-out process.

"I've moved him up." :shock:I've not done anything with him and won't for the time being. More needs to shake out, first.
...and yet, someone did indeed vote "I've moved him up" (no logic offered though :moneybag: ) - I wanted to be sure that all opinions could be expressed. :D

Marshawn Lynch - How Much of a Hit to his positionFirst of all nice pun on the title.

I agree that no one is drafting today, but there are guys like me who have trades in the pipeline and are wondering what the general consensus is on the prospects that he'll get suspended or have trouble performing. We will know more in August, but for those of us who like to strike early, before preseason heats up, this is a vital and legitimate question.

Personally, I have a Lynch owner interested in dealing him to me for Marvin Harrison, Shaun Alexander and Maroney, Selvin Young, or TJ Duckett (I am really hoping he goes for this one).

I'll pull the trigger in a heartbeat, but I'd love some more information and if necessary (and advantageous for me), throw in a better RB to get the deal done.

So if he's available at your pick in an initial dynasty draft at the 5.11 slot you say "Marshawn Lynch? I'll pass."? :wall:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread