What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marvin Harrison Jr., ARZ (2 Viewers)

MHJ seems to be operating as a player who either does not believe that to be true or believes testing won't help him vs Nabers or his overall draft stock. And he may be right.
Or doesn’t really care.
Most likely he believes he’s a stone cold lock to be a Cardinal if not taken above that. I think that’s true. But worst case, he falls to the chargers? Giants?
Herbert to Harrison would be AWESOME. But he’s probably a Cardinal anyway.

MHJ seems to be operating as a player who either does not believe that to be true or believes testing won't help him vs Nabers or his overall draft stock. And he may be right.
Or doesn’t really care.
Most likely he believes he’s a stone cold lock to be a Cardinal if not taken above that. I think that’s true. But worst case, he falls to the chargers? Giants?

Last year year pick 4 got about $2M more then pick 5 and about $6m more then pick 6. He's not hired an agent, don't think he will to negotiate his contract, ostensibly I take that to assume he cares about money and does not want to give any away. So I'm going to say he cares.

Like I said in that line you quoted. I have to think he either believes he's a lock to go over Nabers and likely as top non-QB or he does not think the testing helps his cause. One or both of those things has to be true and like I said he may be right, or not.

Or doesn’t really care.

Last year year pick 4 got about $2M more then pick 5 and about $6m more then pick 6. He's not hired an agent, don't think he will to negotiate his contract, ostensibly I take that to assume he cares about money and does not want to give any away. So I'm going to say he cares.

Like I said in that line you quoted. I have to think he either believes he's a lock to go over Nabers and likely as top non-QB or he does not think the testing helps his cause. One or both of those things has to be true and like I said he may be right, or not.
You certainly could be right.
I don’t know if it matters, but if he talks to his dad, he has to know the value of playing with a GREAT QB. Kyler could be good for him, but with Herbert he would probably become one of the best duos in the league. Just behind Burrow / Chase. Long term, that’s better.

He might not be thinking that way, but imo his value escalates in LAC.

Or doesn’t really care.

Those $s are over the life of the contract. So like $500K/year to go from #4 to #5. He had a $1.3M NIL valuation last year. He's worn Apple watches, Louis Vuitton shoes and Nike shoes on the college field. His dad earned $67M in the NFL. Needless to say, moving from $4 to #5 is not an issue.

Or doesn’t really care.

Those $s are over the life of the contract. So like $500K/year to go from #4 to #5. He had a $1.3M NIL valuation last year. He's worn Apple watches, Louis Vuitton shoes and Nike shoes on the college field. His dad earned $67M in the NFL. Needless to say, moving from $4 to #5 is not an issue.
Is your dad's money your money?

Everything else you are saying tells me he cares about money. Like he should.

Did someone just say they've never heard of a guy not testing out of fear it would not actually hurt their draft stock? Bizarre take.

Did someone just say they've never heard of a guy not testing out of fear it would not actually hurt their draft stock? Bizarre take.
So you think he's scared to test?
I never said scared,that's a bit extreme.

I am saying that I can't recall a WR, or really any position other then QB, by-passing tests if they thought it would help their draft stock. And to that I said that means one of two things.

He's so confident he's going as the top non-QB or at minimum top WR he's taken an approach I can only recall QB's taking which is to not test because they are so confident they don't need to to maximize their draft spot. This may be the case and I still say the odds are it is the case but it's unprecendented for a top player who is not a QB and healty to by-pass all testing. Guys like Barkley, Zeke, Pitts, Chase all tested when everyone knew they were at the top of their class. When something is unprecendented I think it deservers a longer look because the other reason players don't test is if they don't think it helps their stock.

So to me I just thought it was worth wondering since some people I follow and respect are saying some teams either prefer Nabers or have them close, and Marvin is choosing to not do anything when people think Nabers will do quite well, if he's making the choice to stand on his tape because he won't do himself any favors by working out. Again I'm not calling that scared, I'm calling perhaps a business decision.

Well, if you can't HELP your stock, don't do it.
Seems smart

I'm interested to know if talent evaluators/teams see things how "we" see them.

Answer is probably yes... But I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see SEVERAL teams have Nabers ranked higher.

And perhaps even Odunze, based on team makeup. It wasnt but a few days ago DJ had Odunze as his #1 didnt he? It's MHJ now, mind you...

Again, groupthink is MHJ is clear... But is he for everyone in the league?

I know it's lying season and people can believe what or who they choose:

@LanceZierlein

No pro day when Malik Nabers is about to run a 4.3 is an interesting choice if you're a 4.4 WR. While Nabers is my WR1 Marvin is WR2 & both are my top two prospects in the draft with both garnering a 6.8. However, there will be more teams with Nabers WR1 than the public thinks

But whether you want to believe it or not, there are teams who have Nabers over MHJ and one is in the top 5. The point I was making was that if MHJ solidified speed relative to Nabers, it might push him by Nabers for teams who have Nabers 1.

Dane Brugler

@dpbrugler

No team is adjusting their draft board based on Marvin Harrison Jr. not running a 40 (they have all the in-game GPS numbers anyways).With that said, Malik Nabers is already viewed as WR1 by some teams. Both are top-3 prospects in this draft, IMO.

It wasnt but a few days ago DJ had Odunze as his #1 didnt he?
Not quite. He's driving the bus hard for Odunze and labeled him his "favorite player" in the draft but has not actually put him over MJH, but he does have him over Nabers.

I know it's lying season and people can believe what or who they choose:

@LanceZierlein

No pro day when Malik Nabers is about to run a 4.3 is an interesting choice if you're a 4.4 WR. While Nabers is my WR1 Marvin is WR2 & both are my top two prospects in the draft with both garnering a 6.8. However, there will be more teams with Nabers WR1 than the public thinks

But whether you want to believe it or not, there are teams who have Nabers over MHJ and one is in the top 5. The point I was making was that if MHJ solidified speed relative to Nabers, it might push him by Nabers for teams who have Nabers 1.

Dane Brugler
@dpbrugler

No team is adjusting their draft board based on Marvin Harrison Jr. not running a 40 (they have all the in-game GPS numbers anyways).With that said, Malik Nabers is already viewed as WR1 by some teams. Both are top-3 prospects in this draft, IMO.

It wasnt but a few days ago DJ had Odunze as his #1 didnt he?
Not quite. He's driving the bus hard for Odunze and labeled him his "favorite player" in the draft but has not actually put him over MJH, but he does have him over Nabers.

I’m not sure what to think but I find this all very interesting. And I am square in the mix for some MHJ/Nabers/Odunze shares and have been trying to acquire more.

I will add that he sure doesn’t look like a 23 mph guy on tape to me. Cheetah hasn’t even hit that number since his rookie year. He looks like a 4.45 guy to me.

Last edited:
It depends what flavour of wide receiver a team wants doesn't it. Nabers wins in a different way to MHJ. Better suited to certain schemes and QB's.

Realistically they are both going to be great for any QB, but they don't look anything close to the same type of player, so a team preferring one to the other isn't necessarily claiming one is 'better', just more suited to what they want/need.

I will say that Odunze and MHJ seem a lot closer in playing style (to my untrained eye at least) and, not that it's been suggested, but the idea that a team would prefer Rome to Marv seems rather farfetched.

I will add that he sure doesn’t look like a 23 mph guy on tape to me. Cheetah hasn’t even hit that number since his rookie year. He looks like a 4.45 guy to me.
Were people reporting that MHJ was a 23 MPH guy? I did not know that. I know he said during the season, as late as December, that he'd run in the high 4.3's at the combine and I'd have loved to see it. He did not look like it to me, was thinking about the same, in that 4.45'ish kind of range but I was trying to give him some benefit of the doubt, maybe a longer strider or whatever.

I’m not sure what to think but I find this all very interesting. And I am square in the mix for some MHJ/Nabers/Odunze shares and have been trying to acquire more.
Yes. I'm sitting on two 1.1's and don't as of now have another pick before 6 so I've for sure been diving into this due to having those 1.1's but also trying, so far unsuccessfully, to get into range to get some more of this group as well as any options to trade down from 1.1 and still be able to take one of them.

Also why dynasty seems to rule the convo around here this time of year there is more then just deciding how to rank them in rookie drafts or a startup. I'm in the middle of my 5th FFPC redraft right now and I've been grabbing Odunze fairly heavily and IMO relative to where the other two are going he's far and away the best value even though I still have MHJ as my frontrunner for 1.1.

Were people reporting that MHJ was a 23 MPH guy? I did not know that. I know he said during the season, as late as December, that he'd run in the high 4.3's at the combine and I'd have loved to see it. He did not look like it to me, was thinking about the same, in that 4.45'ish kind of range but I was trying to give him some benefit of the doubt, maybe a longer strider or whatever.

Yes. I'm sitting on two 1.1's and don't as of now have another pick before 6 so I've for sure been diving into this due to having those 1.1's but also trying, so far unsuccessfully, to get into range to get some more of this group as well as any options to trade down from 1.1 and still be able to take one of them.

Also why dynasty seems to rule the convo around here this time of year there is more then just deciding how to rank them in rookie drafts or a startup. I'm in the middle of my 5th FFPC redraft right now and I've been grabbing Odunze fairly heavily and IMO relative to where the other two are going he's far and away the best value even though I still have MHJ as my frontrunner for 1.1.

I actually thought you did haha but went back and didn’t see it anywhere, so I guess I made it up. But also guess I manifested it because if you google Marvin Harrison Jr 23 mph there are four different links that show up on the 1st page of results. There are also a bunch of 22.2 mph hits that seems more credible but even that is what Tyreek and Achane were doing last year and he definitely does not look as fast as last years version of Tyreek to me. So, idk.

Honestly doesn’t matter too much for me because this wasn’t an issue I cared about with him before because I want even aware he was speculated to be sub 4.4. Now if he WAS sub 4.4, then maybe those tiny reservations I have about his ceiling being basically HOF right away would vanish. Now they are back and they feel worse for the wear hahaha.

Anyway, all three are awesome in my book. I’m going to still try to sniff out cracks of separation though before I find out the landing spots- then will certainly give that consideration as well, particularly scheme fit.

Just overpaid for my share in my main league. I didn’t like the price, but that’s alright.

1 QB
Gave: 1.03, 1.04
For: 1.01

Just overpaid for my share in my main league. I didn’t like the price, but that’s alright.

1 QB
TE premium?

Either way, right NOW I'd keep the 3 and 4, and barring something wacky I think I'd prefer the two picks almost no matter what

1 QB
TE premium?

Either way, right NOW I'd keep the 3 and 4, and barring something wacky I think I'd prefer the two picks almost no matter what
Not TE premium. I know this is an overpay. I had 7 first round picks and in a short bench league have to consolidate somewhere. This was his asking price.

1 QB
TE premium?

Not TE premium. I know this is an overpay. I had 7 first round picks and in a short bench league have to consolidate somewhere. This was his asking price.

Context always matters and sometimes it makes sense to shove your chips to get your guy.

1 QB
TE premium?

Context always matters and sometimes it makes sense to shove your chips to get your guy.
True, but we don't have all the context. When is the draft? Roster sizes? .......

1 QB
TE premium?

True, but we don't have all the context. When is the draft? Roster sizes? .......

That’s why I didn’t take a position

1 QB
TE premium?

July.
21 total roster spots. Start 1 QB, 1RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 flex (RB, WR, TE), 1 kicker, 1 defense.

1 QB
TE premium?

How do you end up with 7 1st round picks? Have to wonder about league quality.

1 QB
TE premium?

How do you end up with 7 1st round picks? Have to wonder about league quality.
By pushing firsts down the line for 3 years. League quality is just fine.

Charles Robinson
2024 #NFLCombine key measurements thread...

1. #OhioState WR Marvin Harrison Jr.

Height: 6-3 2/8
Weight: 209
Arm: 31.88
Hand: 9.50
Wingspan: 77.25
Main thing interesting to me on this is that as far as I know the WR's were supposed to do measurements on Saturday, and I'm wrong on that it's Friday and I don't see any other measurements for WR's today. Guess they just accommodated him? Let him fly in, get his medicals and measurements and split town. It's good to be the king.

Also I was reminded yesterday of a potentially really cool MHJ connection that I guess no one is talking about because no one thinks he slips past Arizona at 4.

That angle is that Marvin Harrison's senior QB his first two years in the league was? Jim Harbaugh.

Not even talking to the media today at his scheduled 820am slot, per NFL sources.

Honestly, this stuff is getting kind of lame...

If I was this highly ranked I wouldn't either. His play on the field spoke enough. If I was fighting to be drafted certainly I would find value in the combine.

he's the #1 pick in every league bar superflex.

but this is the MEDIA portion... why can't he particpate in that?

to me, media is an obligation. you're giving to the hand(s) that feed you

This thread seems like it's turning into a bunch of people trying to get the guys in their league to NOT take him at #1

Totally agree. The guy is the best WR prospect in this draft. And was a stud in college. And has the genes and knowledge of a previous stud NFL WR. The only reason he isn't going ahead of Caleb, Drake, or Jayden is position. A few people have an odd bone to pick because he isn't doing it their preferred way. I mean if ARI says you won't fall past us, I'm surprised he even showed up in Indy. media day be damned. It's a waste of time. You as a fan, and them as the media, don't always get what you think you deserve. He doesn't owe anything to anyone. his dad also shied from the media.

I for one am really bummed out that he won't be delivering an array of nothingy cliched answers to a bunch of lazy questions from journalists who most of these NFL teams would rather not deal with.

This thread seems like it's turning into a bunch of people trying to get the guys in their league to NOT take him at #1

Totally agree. The guy is the best WR prospect in this draft. And was a stud in college. And has the genes and knowledge of a previous stud NFL WR. The only reason he isn't going ahead of Caleb, Drake, or Jayden is position. A few people have an odd bone to pick because he isn't doing it their preferred way. I mean if ARI says you won't fall past us, I'm surprised he even showed up in Indy. media day be damned. It's a waste of time. You as a fan, and them as the media, don't always get what you think you deserve. He doesn't owe anything to anyone. his dad also shied from the media.
Yeah, it seems whenever a guy doesn't go along with the cookie cutter way things are normally done it all gets blown out of proportion. People start saying a guy is stupid or lazy or scared........

I want him to do the combine stuff as well just for my own personal entertainment. However, I'm not gonna get my panties in a bunch just cause he isn't.

Does anyone watch or care about those kinds of interviews? So boring and pointless
They always are, in every sport. Players are trained to be as uncontroversial and basic as possible. Dunno why anybody pays attention to any of it. The most interesting thing that happens is a reporter, who shortly afterwards has their credentials removed, asks a searching question and the player/coach walks out.

You don't wanna see him answer why Nabers is a better prospect than him?

Shame.
Why would I give a **** about his answer to that?

I'm interested in how he plays football bud, not about how witty his retorts are to people who don't matter.

Next you're going to tell me you don't want to hear about how he'd be happy to play for any team that drafts him.

If he doesn't say it then his will we know?

Fantasy vital info

You don't wanna see him answer why Nabers is a better prospect than him?

Shame.
Why would I give a **** about his answer to that?

I'm interested in how he plays football bud, not about how witty his retorts are to people who don't matter.

Next you're going to tell me you don't want to hear about how he'd be happy to play for any team that drafts him.

If he doesn't say it then his will we know?

Fantasy vital info
You haven't figured out yet that their words don't matter?? Ok

Users who are viewing this thread