What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvin Jones (1 Viewer)

Do we know if Rhodes will be on him tomorrow? I'm not sure if he travels, or if Minny sticks him on Tate. If Rhodes is on him, I imagine you have to sit him
No, we don’t know with certainty. Rhodes took him Week 4. Golden is only playing 55-75% of snap counts since Week 6 due to his shoulder injury (usually 90% is norm for him.)

Pretty much.  He was about WR50 in the draft and he has outperformed his ADP.  
I passed on him as a WR4 as I’d taken Tate in the 4th as a WR2. Week 4 someone in my league dropped him & i needed a flex in week 5 so I picked him up. Dude has single handedly kept my playoff hopes alive. 

I passed on him as a WR4 as I’d taken Tate in the 4th as a WR2. Week 4 someone in my league dropped him & i needed a flex in week 5 so I picked him up. Dude has single handedly kept my playoff hopes alive. 
I took him as my WR4 & dropped him around WK3 for Fuller because I expected Golladay to be this years Boldin. Right around then KG got hurt along with my WR3 (Parker.) WW corps behind Cooks / Allen is Funchess, JuJu, Woods. That first move cost me a lot of FAAB down the road, but I also got monster games from the other pickups. Net positive but wish I would have held him.

love to have a horse in the 1st game tomorrow but, but......................Rhodes is pretty good.  Would be nice to know who he shadows or if he stays on one half of the field.
He has shadowed and shut down marv the last two meetings.  

In FBG Power Grid pod they said pretty confidently that Rhodes will be on Golladay so Jones an underrated DFS play this week. Is this really true?

Benched him as well. History and matchup dictated it was the right move. This happens sometimes, this is why the games are actually played. 

Hopefully we can all get production in the upcoming weeks heading into the playoffs. 

Got to give Marvin some credit, he looked great out there on turkey day. I even benched him in 2 of my leagues I have him and it is going to cost me a win. That being said I still think it is fools gold to count on him after this year. Tate doesn't look right, not sure if it is his shoulder or not and Golladay is going to be good if he can stay healthy, but all credit to Jones for stepping up when the Lions have leaned on him, I just don't expect it to continue.

Got to give Marvin some credit, he looked great out there on turkey day. I even benched him in 2 of my leagues I have him and it is going to cost me a win. That being said I still think it is fools gold to count on him after this year. Tate doesn't look right, not sure if it is his shoulder or not and Golladay is going to be good if he can stay healthy, but all credit to Jones for stepping up when the Lions have leaned on him, I just don't expect it to continue.
I can somewhat hear what you're saying.

But that 45-yd TD Jones brought down with two Vikings draped all over him (one being X. Rhodes) was far from fool's gold. 

Jones can ball

Last edited by a moderator:
He's gotten 80+ yards 5 of the last 6 games.  In a year where WR is pretty unpredictable, I'm going to ride this train until it crashes (which will probably occur the first week of fantasy playoffs).

I can somewhat hear what you're saying.

But that 45-yd TD Jones brought down with two Vikings draped all over him (one being X. Rhodes) was far from fool's gold. 

Jones can ball
You are right that was awesome, but it was only thrown because Stafford knew he had a free play for 12 guys on the field.

Remember the silly notion that this guy is only good when Golden Tate is not playing?  :lmao:

He'd be making these plays with or without Tate.

Is Jones a top 10 PPR WR this year?  
Despite only 44 rec, I think he's hovering right around WR10/WR11 in PPR. Clearly top 10 in 0ppr. 

He's got a tough matchup at Baltimore this week. I have Funchess and Anderson and may opt to sit Marvin
just fyi Baltimore is giving up the 4th most fantasy points to WR lined up on the right side of the field in the past 4 weeks - Jones and Golladay run 49% and 48% of their routes there respectively. Something to consider,.

He's got a tough matchup at Baltimore this week. I have Funchess and Anderson and may opt to sit Marvin
In my league with extra points of long TDs, Marvin is 6th in WR scoring.  Am I a crazy person for benching Marvin for DT with an awesome matchup v the Fins?

just fyi Baltimore is giving up the 4th most fantasy points to WR lined up on the right side of the field in the past 4 weeks - Jones and Golladay run 49% and 48% of their routes there respectively. Something to consider,.
Very interesting. Who figured this out lol Smith won't travel with Jones?

In my league with extra points of long TDs, Marvin is 6th in WR scoring.  Am I a crazy person for benching Marvin for DT with an awesome matchup v the Fins?
Everyone said to bench Jones last week. I almost did because I have Tate too. I started both and Jones was the only one who came up big for me. Won me the week. 

So I’m not sitting either of them.  Baltimore got torched a lot by a really mediocre Texans QB last night. 

Maybe they'll both suck - but at this point in the season you can’t say Jones is a fluke. Dude has put up stud numbers against stiff competition. Gotta trust him. Maybe it bites you, but worse to bench him & see 7/110/2.  

Everyone said to bench Jones last week. I almost did because I have Tate too. I started both and Jones was the only one who came up big for me. Won me the week. 

So I’m not sitting either of them.  Baltimore got torched a lot by a really mediocre Texans QB last night. 

Maybe they'll both suck - but at this point in the season you can’t say Jones is a fluke. Dude has put up stud numbers against stiff competition. Gotta trust him. Maybe it bites you, but worse to bench him & see 7/110/2.  
All depends on your options

All depends on your options
That could be said for any player any week - but with Jones you’re talking about a dude who’s put up 20+ games 4 of the last 6 with the 5th at 18+ PPR, and twice surpassing 30 points over that span. 6 TDs.

Pretty sure no one outside of Antonio Brown owners have better options than  that. And the key difference is Jones is likely the WR3 or Flex player for most of us.

he’s sitting square in my lineup as my ride or die #####. 

If anyone is sitting him, who are you starting instead? Am I crazy to roll with Anderson (home against KC) and Funchess (at NO) over him in a standard league? 

If anyone is sitting him, who are you starting instead? Am I crazy to roll with Anderson (home against KC) and Funchess (at NO) over him in a standard league? 
Neither of them have had Jones consistency.

i don’t think it’s crazy, but I do think you’re overthinking things.

mever bench your studs. After the last 6 weeks Jones qualifies. 

I never feel worse than when I sit a guy because of a matchup and he goes bonkers on my bench.  

What are we thinking about his prospects this week--he has a choice matchup, but Stafford's availability is obviously disconcerting. According to Dr. Gene and a few others, they expect him to play, but we have to wonder how effective he'll be. If he is out, do we know anything about his backup? 

What are we thinking about his prospects this week--he has a choice matchup, but Stafford's availability is obviously disconcerting. According to Dr. Gene and a few others, they expect him to play, but we have to wonder how effective he'll be. If he is out, do we know anything about his backup? 
I'd have to think Jones becomes a middling WR3, at best with an untested 6th round backup throwing to him, even in a good matchup.

I'd have to think Jones becomes a middling WR3, at best with an untested 6th round backup throwing to him, even in a good matchup.
Yeah, that makes sense. Stafford is one tough SOB, so let's hope we don't have to watch the 6th round rookie implode 

Last week i sat him for the first time with AJ Green and Keenan Allen at WR and Collins and Burkhead at flex.  

Great news on Stafford! I'm starting Jones with confidence. Although Detroit's o-line isn't very good, TB's pash rush is just as inept

Jesse Morse, MD, MBA‏ @DrJesseMorse

FollowFollow @DrJesseMorse

More

#onepride QB Matt Stafford practiced today & able to put good velocity on ball despite hand injury. Slowly moving up the rankings. @Lions #NFL #injuryreport #tfd @TheFantasyDRS

11:18 AM - 7 Dec 2017

Users who are viewing this thread