What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Mass Casualty Event" in Las Vegas (3 Viewers)

that link didn't discuss whatever gobirds referenced, in regards to two off-duty cops.

but of note:

still bizarre to me that people wouldn't understand how somebody would get all of that up to his room. 

but troubling about the closed off exits... or at least, the appearance of troubling to shore up suits against whoever organized the event.
Did you watch the video because the lawyer clearly stated that near the end of the interview?

Did you watch the video because the lawyer clearly stated that near the end of the interview?
ah- sorry... only read the article. I generally don't bother with videos for news. eta: because the articles typically give an overview of whatever video is linked. I guess not so much here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been following this thread, but any loons in here think there is some conspiracy because 4 survivors have died since the incident?  Started getting into an argument on facebook with a friend of a friend about this before I realized I was being a moron.

Conspiracy theories have an irresistible pull for some. Osama bin Laden had a copy of Loose Change, for crying out loud.

It was in the live interview. 

As far as getting the guns to the room I don’t think it would be as hard as some think. He could even tell them he’s here for a gun show/convention and could make complete sense if he admitted what was in there. 

It was in the live interview. 

As far as getting the guns to the room I don’t think it would be as hard as some think. He could even tell them he’s here for a gun show/convention and could make complete sense if he admitted what was in there. 
So my confusion is the statement two cops made it to the security guard BEFORE the guy started shooting people?  Then what?

So my confusion is the statement two cops made it to the security guard BEFORE the guy started shooting people?  Then what?
I know nothing makes sense. Now an article out saying he recently had lost a lot of money and was depressed as a supposed cause. 

Look at all that has happened in the past month:

-Vegas massacre, constantly changing story and strange lack of details from feds/law enforcement

-Weinstein rape/assault disaster

-Kevin Spacey rape/assault/pedo allegations, firing by Netflix

-Mueller's major letdown with nothing but a few flimsy at best white collar crimes unrelated to Trump or election

-Tony Podesta under investigation, forced to resign from his own lobbying company, company changing names to distance itself     
Wat?

btw...this isn’t the political forum.

Flipping through radio today and caught a segment about this and how Mandalay has been a ghost town since which isn’t surprising. It at least has a rebranding coming its way, what are odds it gets the wrecking ball? Not sure how it’s ever looked at the same and it’s not convenient to the strip already. 

So no more news on this....amazing. 

Flipping through radio today and caught a segment about this and how Mandalay has been a ghost town since which isn’t surprising. It at least has a rebranding coming its way, what are odds it gets the wrecking ball? Not sure how it’s ever looked at the same and it’s not convenient to the strip already. 

Damn nice place though. My favorite.  

Waiting for the loads-of-info-and-theories book to come out eventually. I am really curious how they are preventing even minimal leaks in the investigation(s).

Also ... Paddock's girlfriend and the security guard are way off the grid right now, right?

Damn nice place though. My favorite.  
i flew into Vegas 3 days after the shooting.   We took a cab to the Cosmo.   Drove right past the windows that were shot out (they were still broken at that time), and the stage area where all the people got killed.  It was pretty ####### eerie.   I've stayed at the Mandalay probably 10 times in the last 12-13 years, always enjoyed it.   I told the guys i was with, say goodbye to the Mandalay.    They'll tear it down.

i flew into Vegas 3 days after the shooting.   We took a cab to the Cosmo.   Drove right past the windows that were shot out (they were still broken at that time), and the stage area where all the people got killed.  It was pretty ####### eerie.   I've stayed at the Mandalay probably 10 times in the last 12-13 years, always enjoyed it.   I told the guys i was with, say goodbye to the Mandalay.    They'll tear it down.
I hope that this isn't the case as I still don't believe that Mandalay Bay could have prevented this from happening.   With that being said--do remember that Mandalay's business has also been quiet because they have toned down their advertising until the dust settles a bit.   Time is the best healer of things--and it's still too soon.  Even if things get really bad--I don't see how they tear down the place. If anything--they re-brand it and re-decorate it's facade.   The facilities are too nice and not dated enough to justify completely destroying because of some gun toting idiot who took out a bunch of innocent people because he went on a terrible losing streak.   

Look at all that has happened in the past month:

-Vegas massacre, constantly changing story and strange lack of details from feds/law enforcement

-Weinstein rape/assault disaster

-Kevin Spacey rape/assault/pedo allegations, firing by Netflix

-Mueller's major letdown with nothing but a few flimsy at best white collar crimes unrelated to Trump or election

-Tony Podesta under investigation, forced to resign from his own lobbying company, company changing names to distance itself     

-Awan allegedly flipped on DNC and DWS

-Donna Brazille claiming DNC was rigged and wanted to replace Hillary with Biden

-Warren claiming DNC was rigged

-Hillary admits, after denying for a year, she funded the Russian based fake dossier that was used to smear Trump and was a factor in the fisa warrants

-Clinton, Holder, Obama administration, Mueller, Rosenstein, Putin all rolled up in the uranium one scandal

-Antifas complete flop of a nationwide protest

-Saudis rounded up, including major donors to both Clinton and Bush, and owner of Four Seasons, the top of Mandalay Bay

The storm is coming and it is going to end with a lot of people locked up and a lot of angry citizens.

All those who mocked Dodds are going to be feeling awfully foolish.
This post is the definition of insanity

So I've seen some of the people at the concert have sued the event organizers. I can understand suing the hotel. But WTF?

So I've seen some of the people at the concert have sued the event organizers. I can understand suing the hotel. But WTF?
Most of the time it is because they have medical bills and no insurance. So they sue to get at the operators insurance co.

Raylan said:
I imagine most people at a country music concert in Las Vegas have health insurance through their employer.

If you look at the list of people who died many of them were teachers, government workers, law enforcement, etc from California and Arizona. All of whom should have health insurance.

I know one lady who was killed and another shot in the head, one was a teacher and one was a police officer's wife. Both had or have health insurance.

My understanding is that many of the exits were either blocked or locked (since the concert was not over yet) which is why you saw so many videos of people jumping over fences and tearing down barricades to escape

Or they were trying to fight the crowds to reach the exits at the rear of the venue which usually remain open during the concert.

I don't know if the event organizers can be held responsible because they were most likely following SOP for venue security while concert was still going on.
Are you local? Curious if so are you hearing anything about it that isn't hitting the mainstream media?

So, I try not to be prone to conspiracy theories, but some media organizations forced some documents to be released from the case today and I'm sort of on board with the idea that there might still be a shooter on the loose. 

Here's a pretty decent CNN article about the documents that were released

In summary, Paddock was using two email accounts associated with the apartment complex he owned to communicate with each other. He is believed to have owned both accounts, but the communication between them makes more sense if one account was shared by potential customers.

Account 1 (centralpark1) emailed Account 2 (centralpark4804) the following: "Try an ar before u buy. We have huge selection. Located in the las vegas area"

Account 2 responded: "We have a wide variety of optics and ammunition to try"

Account 1 responded: "For a thrill try out bumpfire ar's with 100 round magazine"

It seems plausible to me that someone set up a deal with Paddock at the hotel, killed Paddock, used the guns and then managed to escape. That theory begs the question of what the security guard who was shot saw, as presumably no one could have escaped that room without him having seen them go. Did he ever end up giving a public account of what happened? I know it was scheduled to happen and then he kind of disappeared, but that was months ago and I never paid attention to any follow up.

So, I try not to be prone to conspiracy theories, but some media organizations forced some documents to be released from the case today and I'm sort of on board with the idea that there might still be a shooter on the loose. 

In summary, Paddock was using two email accounts associated with the apartment complex he owned to communicate with each other. He is believed to have owned both accounts, but the communication between them makes more sense if one account was shared by potential customers.

Account 1 (centralpark1) emailed Account 2 (centralpark4804) the following: "Try an ar before u buy. We have huge selection. Located in the las vegas area"

Account 1 responded: "For a thrill try out bumpfire ar's with 100 round magazine"

It seems plausible to me that someone set up a deal with Paddock at the hotel, killed Paddock, used the guns and then managed to escape. That theory begs the question of what the security guard who was shot saw, as presumably no one could have escaped that room without him having seen them go. Did he ever end up giving a public account of what happened? I know it was scheduled to happen and then he kind of disappeared, but that was months ago and I never paid attention to any follow up.
Um... lotta cameras like everywhere in vegas. Imagine you'd be able to distill this with that footage. Which I presume has been examined, well, thoroughly. 

All of those emails sound like exactly what someone selling an automatic gun to someone else would say.  Not sure what about those emails supports any of the other crazy conspiracy theories you propose.  

All of those emails sound like exactly what someone selling an automatic gun to someone else would say.  Not sure what about those emails supports any of the other crazy conspiracy theories you propose.  
It's definitely a stretch, it's equally (or more) likely that he just did it himself for his own messed up reasons. Just find the emails interesting given the radio silence in regard to the investigation of the shooting. Made me wonder if the FBI suspects someone else was there and is still trying to capture them. 

I think it's obvious the powers that be said to minimize this event in the public consciousness.

It was bad for business.
This has been the M.O. of Vegas for a long time. Whether it's crime on the strip or someone committing suicide by jumping off the Stratosphere. They keep all of it as quiet as possible to protect their image.

Um... lotta cameras like everywhere in vegas. Imagine you'd be able to distill this with that footage. Which I presume has been examined, well, thoroughly. 
Um there’s a lot of cameras around the pentagon too but we only seen a ####ty gas station camera. Not boosting the conspiracy, just saying we don’t have to see or be told anything we’re not supposed to know.

Um there’s a lot of cameras around the pentagon too but we only seen a ####ty gas station camera. Not boosting the conspiracy, just saying we don’t have to see or be told anything we’re not supposed to know.
I think heres definitely something going on with this. 

Users who are viewing this thread