What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MasterChef (2 Viewers)

Immediate dislike for the MonteCarlo chick, and the Asian chick that was crying after their opening speech. I hate people who do that, crying for no reason. I liked the basketball player, and the blind girl.

Immediate dislike for the MonteCarlo chick
The second she walked into the judges' room and said she had a 2-year-old, I knew the next words out of her mouth were going to be "...his name is Danger." Giving her kid that stupid name is the single greatest achievement of her life.My 14-year-old son has a huge crush on Zoey Deschanel. I told him it's fine to like the idealized version of the "quirky chick" as seen on TV, but that if you hook up with one in real life you have a good chance of paying child support to an unemployed kook who names your spawn after an adjective.

I think the 18 year old chick didn't make it b/c she cooked a dessert. If she had cooked an entree as well as she apparently cooked her carrot cake I think she makes it on.

I don't see how the blind woman makes it. Don't they have to still run into the pantry, pick their ingredients and get them cooked in a timed trial? How is she going to do that by herself? And I know the answer is her husband can help her but at what point does that become unfair to the others?

I don't see how the blind woman makes it. Don't they have to still run into the pantry, pick their ingredients and get them cooked in a timed trial? How is she going to do that by herself? And I know the answer is her husband can help her but at what point does that become unfair to the others?
How about they make everyone do the entire season blindfolded so that its fair to the others.

How about they make everyone do the entire season blindfolded so that its fair to the others.
Now that would be awesome as long as they all get helpers. Another issue I thought of is what happens when they leave the set for one of the challenges? She can't memorize a station she has never experienced.

Immediate dislike for the MonteCarlo chick
The second she walked into the judges' room and said she had a 2-year-old, I knew the next words out of her mouth were going to be "...his name is Danger." Giving her kid that stupid name is the single greatest achievement of her life.My 14-year-old son has a huge crush on Zoey Deschanel. I told him it's fine to like the idealized version of the "quirky chick" as seen on TV, but that if you hook up with one in real life you have a good chance of paying child support to an unemployed kook who names your spawn after an adjective.
The one I didn't like as soon as I saw him was the guy who put the sauce in a cooking ring and called the judges by their first names as if he were their best friend.

I think the 18 year old chick didn't make it b/c she cooked a dessert. If she had cooked an entree as well as she apparently cooked her carrot cake I think she makes it on.
I think regardless she was just too young.
It seemed like this was Ramsey's theory as well. It was a wise move IMO to have her come back in a year.
Yeah I figured that was where he was going. Don't want to burn out a youngster with talent.

The blind chick was pretty cool.
Even caused hard ### Joe to shed a tear or two. Good to see her get through, just can't see her getting to far with the time restrictions. I would think it takes her a little longer to get her food done, unless she keeps it real simple which might not help either.Already have the db of the show, that arrogant, out of work clown from NY is going to be a ##### and Ramsey picked up on it immediately.

The blind chick was pretty cool.
Even caused hard ### Joe to shed a tear or two. Good to see her get through, just can't see her getting to far with the time restrictions. I would think it takes her a little longer to get her food done, unless she keeps it real simple which might not help either.Already have the db of the show, that arrogant, out of work clown from NY is going to be a ##### and Ramsey picked up on it immediately.
:goodposting:

It's all made for TV so the DB is a whole load of shtick although I noticed the first name thing as well and it bugged me too. I'm hoping for the blind girl that she gets help but make it so if the helper is doing something(making sure it has nothing to do with actual cooking)she has to stand still so they are not actually getting more work done than 1 person alone. Unfortunately she will get bounced because her lack of sight will slow her down and as someone said when she is outside the set she won't be able to memorize the setup of the challenge area. I can't remember if they have blindfolded tests of any kind but I bet she aces those. Yes she does get through if she could see even though she pooched the rice. She was smart enough not to serve it and the rest was good enough to pass her on. I think Gay Asian Guy's dumplings looked awesome. I'm pretty sure I tasted them with my eyes.

It's all made for TV so the DB is a whole load of shtick although I noticed the first name thing as well and it bugged me too. I'm hoping for the blind girl that she gets help but make it so if the helper is doing something(making sure it has nothing to do with actual cooking)she has to stand still so they are not actually getting more work done than 1 person alone. Unfortunately she will get bounced because her lack of sight will slow her down and as someone said when she is outside the set she won't be able to memorize the setup of the challenge area. I can't remember if they have blindfolded tests of any kind but I bet she aces those. Yes she does get through if she could see even though she pooched the rice. She was smart enough not to serve it and the rest was good enough to pass her on. I think Gay Asian Guy's dumplings looked awesome. I'm pretty sure I tasted them with my eyes.
They did look good. And his happiness over getting selected was infectious. I hope he does well.

'NCCommish said:
pity vote

'NCCommish said:
pity vote
I think that was part of it. But we'll see for sure once they get into it. I thought Ramsey was very upfront about her being judged like everyone else when it gets real.

Congratulations!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

On having the worst dish so far.

:lmao:

I am easily entertained.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! On having the worst dish so far. :lmao: I am easily entertained.
That was pretty good

Congratulations! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! On having the worst dish so far. :lmao: I am easily entertained.
No, no you aren't that was great villainous entertainment. It was so mean it was funny.

The blind chick is great and all but come on. No way she can compete in this competition. They bounce the jesus girl for being young but they don't bounce the chick who can't see and screwed up....rice?

There is no bottom when Fox is involved.

:goodposting:It makes a mockery of the notion of a "Master" chef to consider someone that young.
Did Bobby Fischer make a mockery of chess grandmasters? :coffee:
For me the problem with her youth was that the competition gets pretty intense and it doesn't take a very big mistake to get booted. I think letting her get another year or two of confidence in the kitchen under her belt will make her a better contestant and make it easier for her to deal with failures if she has to.

The blind chick is great and all but come on. No way she can compete in this competition. They bounce the jesus girl for being young but they don't bounce the chick who can't see and screwed up....rice?
I agree she got a pass, but she seems like a really nice, genuine person who can cook, and she wont win it all but neither will almost everyone they put through. I dont have a problem with it, as long as thats her one get-out-of-jail-free card. No more passes from here on out.

Just like the Asian math teacher of last year's first episode, whose food they all liked but didn't let on the show, I felt bad for the big Nigerian chick. They all liked her food, and then sent her packing. If she had been hot and blonde, she would have made it. Just look at last season's former Miss America contestant. They didn't even like her signature dish, and yet, they let her on the show.

:goodposting:It makes a mockery of the notion of a "Master" chef to consider someone that young.
For me the problem with her youth was that the competition gets pretty intense and it doesn't take a very big mistake to get booted. I think letting her get another year or two of confidence in the kitchen under her belt will make her a better contestant and make it easier for her to deal with failures if she has to.
Didn't the Asian kid say he was a freshman at UT? He can't be much older than her. Although I would agree that he has the confidence necessary, where she may not. When Ramsey brought her family back I was sure he was going to say yes, kind of surprised me.

Didn't the Asian kid say he was a freshman at UT? He can't be much older than her. Although I would agree that he has the confidence necessary, where she may not. When Ramsey brought her family back I was sure he was going to say yes, kind of surprised me.
Yeah they are close in age but maturity wise I think he was ahead of her. The whole being gay thing and recently coming out means he has already dealt with some pretty big issues. This is strictly opinion on someone we've never met but I just got the feeling he will deal with defeat better than she would at this point.

If she is the equivalent of Bobby Fischer as a cook, I'd have no problem with them taking her. Odds of that are essentially zero.

It would be the greatest shtick ever if the blind chick wasn't blind.
The most interesting thing about it would be that they couldn't really justify giving her an automatic boot, since they supposedly judged her on her food, not for being blind. I'm sure she wouldn't last long after that, though.

I'm rooting for blind girl but just saw people running in next weeks first challenge that elims half the field. Should be interesting.

Gut feeling says 9ft tall not playing basketball guy goes far.
I wouldn't be surprised at all.
Same.The Italian guy Luca not making the cut really disappointed me. Loved him already. It was one of those choices that made me think they're really not choosing with ratings heavily in mind, or they take some opportunities to craftily throw off that suspicion. Also liked the stock broker from Long Island who did make it, but how they received his food vs. how they received Luca's (seemingly not quite as positively) made me wonder what put him ahead.

Same.The Italian guy Luca not making the cut really disappointed me. Loved him already. It was one of those choices that made me think they're really not choosing with ratings heavily in mind, or they take some opportunities to craftily throw off that suspicion. Also liked the stock broker from Long Island who did make it, but how they received his food vs. how they received Luca's (seemingly not quite as positively) made me wonder what put him ahead.
I was wondering the same thing when they accepted the broker. I guess Luca didn't beg and plead enough? Thought he was a lock too since his mother flew in from Italy. He had a good personality, wouldve been a fun contestant. :shrug:

'naomi said:
And of course, crying Asian chick made it, even though her food sucked. I would have had the Luca guy and the Nigerian girl on before crying Asian and "I named my son Danger".

'naomi said:
Yeah I was surprised by that. Seemed like a good guy who was going to go all out. Especially given some of the less than perfect dishes that got people through. Slightly overcooked meat versus messing up rice so bad you couldn't serve it? And he gets the boot? I hope he does come back though.

Users who are viewing this thread