What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mayweather/MacGregor--August 26, Las Vegas (1 Viewer)

tell that to Micky Ward and Arturo Gatti who fought each other in 3 hellacious 10 rd wars...they both won even when one of them lost twice...some things are bigger than wins and loses...but id also say that CM putting himself in line for a 100 million dollar payday is also a form of ''winning'' lol
$100 million definitely qualifies as "winning" in my book. I'd happily let Floyd beat the piss out of me for that kind of scratch...

Can you imagine if this fight happened when Floyd was 28 and hadnt taken 2 years off?

eta i had not read the previous pages lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol @ anyone being proud or inspired by a guy getting TKO'd in the 10th by a 40yo guy, 20 lbs lighter who hasn't fought in years. 

Early stoppage, right?  LMFAO. 
A guy who is not a boxer and it was his first fight? Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
A guy who is not a boxer and it was his first fight? Yes
It wasn't anything more or less than I had expected from him in the ring. He's not a boxer. Boxers = good at boxing. Mixed martial arts fighters = good at MMA. Crazy.

What boxing could really take away from him is how well he sold that fight. Even take away some of the problematic stuff, he did a really good job on that thing. Granted, he was also trading quite a bit on his reputation in the MMA, but even from there he really sold people on the fact that there was more than one possible outcome.

50-50 this fight happens.  If you’re Connor, why not make another 25 mil?
I think any further boxing ventures are going to hurt his long-term drawing power: fighting De La Hoya or Malinaggi will make him seem like a novelty show who's not interested in making big UFC fights. And I don't think he'd get anywhere near $25mm, unless he fought someone like Canelo or GGG. And either would kill him. 

Doesn't he make like $15mm per UFC fight now, all told? That seems like the way to go.

I highly  doubt it. UFC can't pay Mayweather what he's accustomed to. His last few figts have grossed him 300 million, 100 million in purse money and like 200 million  from $100 PPV buys.

The UFC doesn't have the bank for the $100 purse and they won't sell enough PPV's for Floyd to make the other 200 million, I just don't see it happening.

Yes, a Floyd vs. X UFC Main Event would bring in like 5 million buys,but at what price, I doubt $100 - $120 a piece like I am seeing. Floyd's gonna be almost 42 at the time of the fight.

I don't see the UFC putting on a fugazi show, if they did that, it would kill their integrity and make them look like the WWE Minor League. I don't see Floyd fighting for real for way less money and way more risk, just seems silly to me.

Who knows, strangere things have happened but a LEGITIMATE FLOYD MAYWEATHER MMA fight seems very highly unlikely.

I can so see this happening....the FM camp and D.White can bang out the financial details like they did in the Boxing match....not sure why you think it wouldnt generate the same money as the other fight.....i can guarantee boxing fans will buy this fight as much as UFC fans will ...90 % of the boxing fans that watch FM fight are paying to see him get his ### kicked....this will give them what they want  

no chance this happens.  Floyd won;t get paid  enough and he knows he would be humiliated.  that fight wouldn't last more than 30 seconds if Connor actually fought him.

no chance this happens.  Floyd won;t get paid  enough and he knows he would be humiliated.  that fight wouldn't last more than 30 seconds if Connor actually fought him.
I could see this maybe happen if the rule are amended... no submissions, no high kicks, stuff like that that could get Floyd hurt. 

He has the leverage to make the UFC think about cutting him some sort of special deal, or having it be a dual thing like the first fight was with the UFC and Mayweather Inc. 

Of course, I imagine that wouldn't sit well with the UFC's rank-and-file fighters.

Penguin said:
I highly  doubt it. UFC can't pay Mayweather what he's accustomed to. His last few figts have grossed him 300 million, 100 million in purse money and like 200 million  from $100 PPV buys.

The UFC doesn't have the bank for the $100 purse and they won't sell enough PPV's for Floyd to make the other 200 million, I just don't see it happening.

Yes, a Floyd vs. X UFC Main Event would bring in like 5 million buys,but at what price, I doubt $100 - $120 a piece like I am seeing. Floyd's gonna be almost 42 at the time of the fight.

I don't see the UFC putting on a fugazi show, if they did that, it would kill their integrity and make them look like the WWE Minor League. I don't see Floyd fighting for real for way less money and way more risk, just seems silly to me.

Who knows, strangere things have happened but a LEGITIMATE FLOYD MAYWEATHER MMA fight seems very highly unlikely.
I agree with all of this. However, the bolded part is no longer a concern for the UFC. The current ownership doesn't give 2 craps about integrity. They'll book anything that will make money.

He has the leverage to make the UFC think about cutting him some sort of special deal, or having it be a dual thing like the first fight was with the UFC and Mayweather Inc. 

Of course, I imagine that wouldn't sit well with the UFC's rank-and-file fighters.
I’m sure he can cut a cash deal.  He won’t be willing to fight in the octagon.  Floyd’s ego couldn’t take it.  Conor would kill him, and Floyd knows it.  

I bet this fight would generate more money than the boxing match. It won’t happen cause Floyd won’t wanna catch that beat down. 
Maybe he doesn't care about his MMA record? :shrug:

I'd give him more than a 50-1 chance, simply because nobody's ever that big of an underdog in MMA, and at the very least he has good cardio. Another factor is that maybe McGregor hasn't been staying razor sharp during this Lost Weekend of his.

Maybe he doesn't care about his MMA record? :shrug:

I'd give him more than a 50-1 chance, simply because nobody's ever that big of an underdog in MMA, and at the very least he has good cardio. Another factor is that maybe McGregor hasn't been staying razor sharp during this Lost Weekend of his.
In the first fight, Conor had nothing to lose.  Most people expected Mayweather to win so If somehow Conor pulled off the upset he would be a legend, otherwise he lost as most expected and he wakes with 80-100 Million. Win-win. 

Mayweather has much more to lose in this hypothetical. 

In the first fight, Conor had nothing to lose.  Most people expected Mayweather to win so If somehow Conor pulled off the upset he would be a legend, otherwise he lost as most expected and he wakes with 80-100 Million. Win-win. 

Mayweather has much more to lose in this hypothetical. 
yup...starting with his knees after several leg kicks to slow him down...then he loses his sight as the blood streams down his face and into his eyes from some well placed elbows while pinned against the cage...then his consciousness from being choked out by a  front guillotine

Users who are viewing this thread