What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McDonald's year over year sales were terrible. How would you fix (1 Viewer)

For purely scientific reasons I went to McDonald's for lunch. Ordered a burger with extra pickles. Open bag, see extra pickles sticker on burger. Open wrapper, no extra pickles on burger. I walked back up and said I actually wanted extra pickles on the burger and not just the sticker. Guy rolled his eyes at me, but I got my extra damn pickles. RESIST!!
Should email the franchise owner and demand thrice your pickles

For purely scientific reasons I went to McDonald's for lunch. Ordered a burger with extra pickles. Open bag, see extra pickles sticker on burger. Open wrapper, no extra pickles on burger. I walked back up and said I actually wanted extra pickles on the burger and not just the sticker. Guy rolled his eyes at me, but I got my extra damn pickles. RESIST!!
Did he put an "EXTRA SPIT" sticker on it?
I have to tell my brothers and my girlfriend this over and over: You don't mess with the people who prepare your food.

I remember I went to a drive thru with my brother and my brother gave his order and then told me to order. Before I could say anything, the guy said over the speaker, "Anything else?' To which my brother said something like, "He was about to speak, ###hole, before you interrupted him." I said, "No thank you. I'm good." Because that order had spit and butt swipe all over it.

Did he put an "EXTRA SPIT" sticker on it?
I made a point to watch them add the pickles just to be sure they didn't try any funny business, and also inspected for signs of bodily fluids after.

Raise employee salaries to $20/hr.
How the hell are they supposed to live off of that, you elitist? I don't see how raising it to $45/hr would really hurt McD's bottom line.
86K a year for flipping burgers. Are you out of your mind man.GTFOH.

Teachers make less than that.
Who's more important? Teachers? Or people who serve you food? Food is a necessity. Learning is not.
:goodposting: ppl forget that

Soulfly3 said:
As a matter of interest for this thread I just visited the McDonalds around the corner and ordered a "double cheeseburger, dressed like a Mac" at the advice of a friend.

That's a double cheeseburger, with the big mac sauce on it.

Pretty convinced if they just sold this, at a reasonable cost (which it currently is) - They could hit the jackpot.

It tasted WAY better than a traditional big mac. jesus. and really, it isnt all that different. at all. but it just tasted way better
Lady I used to work with ordered "Big Mac, but with quarter pound burgers". Paid more but said it was worth it.

Yes, when I go to McDonalds I ask for the chicken mcnuggets, but the topper is the big mac dressing I have them place in little containers. They love it.

Premier said:
TheIronSheik said:
Todem said:
TheIronSheik said:
SacramentoBob said:
Raise employee salaries to $20/hr.
How the hell are they supposed to live off of that, you elitist? I don't see how raising it to $45/hr would really hurt McD's bottom line.
86K a year for flipping burgers. Are you out of your mind man.GTFOH.

Teachers make less than that.
Who's more important? Teachers? Or people who serve you food? Food is a necessity. Learning is not.
:goodposting: ppl forget that
I'm a teacher and even I have to concede that point.

Soulfly3 said:
As a matter of interest for this thread I just visited the McDonalds around the corner and ordered a "double cheeseburger, dressed like a Mac" at the advice of a friend.

Pretty convinced if they just sold this, at a reasonable cost (which it currently is) - They could hit the jackpot.

It tasted WAY better than a traditional big mac. jesus. and really, it isnt all that different. at all. but it just tasted way better
Lady I used to work with ordered "Big Mac, but with quarter pound burgers". Paid more but said it was worth it.
That does sound awesome.

Gotta admit, I do really like that jalapeño double they've got going these days.

McDonalds is revolting the way they treat and process the animals they use to make their food. It's offensive to say this, and I apologize, but you have serious problems if you put the stuff McDonalds sells into your body. And God bless you if you feed it to your kids. It is convenient, but your priorities are out of order if saving time is your reason for eating there.
How is the way McD's treats and processes it's animals different from other mass producers?
Carl's Jr. is going to start offering grass-fed beef.

Anyway, if I were McDonald's, I would add more MSG.

Last edited by a moderator:
sublimeone said:
Simplify the menu and offer McGriddles all day long.
I agree with this except just offer the full menu all day - lots of people like to eat breakfast food for dinner and would be easier to accomplish with a reduced menu.

Maybe time to overhaul some MCD icons. Instead of the Big Mac call it the Big Mic. Instead of using a sesame seed bun use seedless buns. Instead of the Golden Arches call them the Golden Arcs....stuff like that.

In addition to poor quality food, the service is typically very poor even for a fast food joint. I would start by automating as many of the jobs as possible in the company owned restaurants and make it possible for any customer to place an order to any McDonald from their mobile device, pay, and pick it up, all without having to interact with a single person.

It seems like some of the franchise owners have tried to move in this direction, but check out this hot mess of official and unofficial apps on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=mcdonalds&c=apps

Then check out Chipotle: https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Chipotle+Mexican+Grill

For Chipotle, there is only 1 app and you can actually order food with it. And the food doesn't suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's terribly difficult. One, accept there are loads more competitors than ever before.

Two, stop trying to be what you're not. They're cheap, fast, consistent, mediocre meals. Keep the prices low as possible and advertise, advertise, advertise. More product placement in children's shows, and tie ins with kid's products.
Wait.. you think they need to advertise more? If there is one thing I can't watch a show without seeing, it's a mcdonald's ad.. they have this covered.
What about pron vids?

Where I live, there numerous places to get a burger.....all far better than McDonalds. Sure you're going to pay a few extra dollars for Five Guys, but the burger is far superior and they make it to your exact order. And Five Guys gives enough fries in a regular order for two people to eat.

My kids do love McDonalds Chicken McNuggets.....I don't understand why. They're crap. Chick Fil-A chicken nuggets are so much better at about the same price.

I don't think McDonalds has gone down in quality....it's the same as it ever was......it's that the competition is so much better at about the same price or in Five Guys' case.....a few bucks more, but well worth it.

Soulfly3 said:

She sounds fat.

Soulfly3 said:

She sounds fat.
Any woman that can handle a half pound of meat between her buns scores some points though.

Soulfly3 said:

She sounds fat.
Any woman that can handle a half pound of meat between her buns scores some points though.
You guys are both right.

Little McDonald's trick for getting a "fresh" burger.

ask for it with no ketchup. This will keep them from using premade burgers. Then get ketchup packets and do it yourself.

Soulfly3 said:

Hmm good idea....

Part of the problem is that the core demographic and therefore core brand message have changed. The truth is that they are now cheap garbage for people too poor and ignorant to make healthy eating choices. That's a hard reality to square with its historic image of wholesome Americana.

Far from the land of the Hamburglar and Grimace that I remember, I now perceive McDonald's as a dirty, gritty morass of ill health and poor wages.

I suppose that McDonald's could invest in more aggressive marketing and try to change the perception, but they will be ill served pretending that they are about healthier choices.

For better or worse, their ideal customer is someone with little regard for tomorrow and little money to afford healthier choice. When that's your base - good luck.

Last edited:
Here’s what an internal memo from the McDonald's Corporation (NYSE:MCD) says about this demographic:

"McDonald's is currently not in the top 10 of millennials' (customers primarily ages 18-32) favorite restaurants."

Leigh and colleague DaeHwan Kim analyzed 1994-96 data from the Continuing Survey of Food Intakes by Individuals and the accompanying Diet and Health Knowledge Survey. The data included responses from 5,000 Americans who were asked about restaurant dining habits, income, race, gender, age and education.

The researchers found that people visited fast-food restaurants more often as their household income increased — at least up to a point. Fast-food visits rose along with annual income up to $60,000; beyond that, visits started to drop back down, replaced by full-service, sit-down dining at slightly higher prices.

Based on the data, the researchers described the typical fast-food consumer as a lower-middle income head of household, who is budget-conscious and harried and likes the convenience and low price of fast food, compared with other restaurants. Poor people, by contrast, can’t easily afford fast-food “value meals,” and the poorest, who may rely on the FNS Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, certainly can’t use food stamps at McDonald’s.

shader said:
Little McDonald's trick for getting a "fresh" burger.

ask for it with no ketchup. This will keep them from using premade burgers. Then get ketchup packets and do it yourself.
Pre-made burgers? They don't pre-make burgers.

So McDonald's announced their move to fix this:

1. Eliminate Big Mac

2. Eliminate Apple Pie

3. Eliminate Large Size

McDonald's is missing the boat complete.......start shorting the stock.

1. Eliminate Big Mac

2. Eliminate Apple Pie

3. Eliminate Large Size

None of this appears to be true. Takes like 2 seconds to debunk that.

http://blogs.wsj.com/cmo/2014/12/23/nope-mcdonalds-isnt-getting-rid-of-the-big-mac/
You mean you have to double-check stuff posted on facebook.....what the heck is the world coming too.... :rant:

1. Eliminate Big Mac

2. Eliminate Apple Pie

3. Eliminate Large Size

http://blogs.wsj.com/cmo/2014/12/23/nope-mcdonalds-isnt-getting-rid-of-the-big-mac/
You mean you have to double-check stuff posted on facebook.....what the heck is the world coming too.... :rant:
Nice work Schefter

1. Eliminate Big Mac

2. Eliminate Apple Pie

3. Eliminate Large Size

They should still get rid of it. It's pretty much a worthless burger with no purpose in today's market. Tiny little patties and it's not cheap. I'm not sure what the point of it is.

Now, that Double Quarter Pounder/Big Mac hybrid sounds like a winner though.

1. Eliminate Big Mac

2. Eliminate Apple Pie

3. Eliminate Large Size

They should still get rid of it. It's pretty much a worthless burger with no purpose in today's market. Tiny little patties and it's not cheap. I'm not sure what the point of it is.

Now, that Double Quarter Pounder/Big Mac hybrid sounds like a winner though.
Other than the fact that it's the best FF burger ever. If there's no place for the Big Mac there's no place for FF.

Users who are viewing this thread