What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McNair for Ray Lewis / trade (1 Viewer)

Weapon of Mass Instruction

Watch my feet!
This is pure speculation in Nashville right now. As far as I know, there is nothing to it other than the Ravens wanting Mac badly. Plus, you do have the rumblings that RayRay wants out of Baltimore.

My questions are these:

1. What would be the cap implications on either side? My understanding is that Mac costs about 23mm against the cap this year. Release him, and we actually free up about 9mm of that. Spread to 07 and 16mm is freed up. That is a lot of extra cap $.

2. If the Ravens are sure that Mac will be released anyway then the point is moot, I'd think.

3. Titans would free up another $2.4mm by releasing Sirmon, which they'd do if they got another linebacker -- either Lewis or Griessen.

Aside from the quirkiness of a switcheroo between two hated rivals, do you think there could be any legs to this -- or even a possibility.

Not :tinfoilhat: , just throwing out something I heard. Frankly, I think the Titans would love it, depending on cap implications.

I would guess (and I'll emphasize "guess") there are no legs to this because the writing is on the wall that the Titans are going to release McNair. What would be the benefit to the Ravens to make a trade for McNair?

I would guess (and I'll emphasize "guess") there are no legs to this because the writing is on the wall that the Titans are going to release McNair. What would be the benefit to the Ravens to make a trade for McNair?
1. Maybe they think that several other teams will be interested, too.2. Maybe they see this as a way to move RayRay.

3. Maybe Titans are going to play hardball and either keep Steve or not release him until the day before the season starts.

Not :tinfoilhat: , just throwing out something I heard. Frankly, I think the Titans would love it, depending on cap implications.
I bet they would love it. Maybe after that deal they could send Volek to Chicago for Urlacher.

I bet they would love it. Maybe after that deal they could send Volek to Chicago for Urlacher.
:loco: Maybe if Urlacher was unhappy with the organization.

Maybe if Chicago didn't just sign Griese.

Maybe if Volek were worth squat.

McNair for an unhappy Ray is almost fair, although I highly doubt this comes true.

McNair for Boller would be more fair. still won't happen.

Wow if that happens, I know to stay away from Printer's Alley in downtown Nashville( I'm afraid Ray-Ray) will cut me!!!!!! :stalker: :eek: :gang2: :missing: :scared:

Wow if that happens, I know to stay away from Printer's Alley in downtown Nashville( I'm afraid Ray-Ray) will cut me!!!!!! :stalker: :eek: :gang2: :missing: :scared:
LOL I was just going to post the same thing.

I feel safe here in downtown, I dont want the Titans bringing in any murderers.

Ok, word is that the Evil Men in Purple are actively shopping RayRay but are getting zero interest out there.

Does anyone know his contract info, mainly base salaries and yet to be paid bonuses (roster, etc.)?

Posted by Sam from NFLDrafthits.com on another forum:

If Oakland doesn't trade up to #2 or land Young, they're working on a backup plan:

"Oakland would trade.... #7 and Jerry Porter to....

Baltimore for either Ray Lewis (most likely) or Suggs and #13."

McNair for an unhappy Ray is almost fair, although I highly doubt this comes true.

Ray was unhappy about playing in a 3-4 where he couldn't be a play-maker. The Ravens are going back to the 4-3.

Not  :tinfoilhat: , just throwing out something I heard.  Frankly, I think the Titans would love it, depending on cap implications.

Ray was unhappy about playing in a 3-4 where he couldn't be a play-maker. The Ravens are going back to the 4-3.
:no: Ray is just unhappy about not getting a raise. He wants more money. He's not worth it. And he is sharing his unahppiness with everyone who will listen.4-3 or not, Ray will not be the playmaker he was, nor the team leader he was.

Posted by Sam from NFLDrafthits.com on another forum:

If Oakland doesn't trade up to #2 or land Young, they're working on a backup plan:

"Oakland would trade.... #7 and Jerry Porter to....

Baltimore for either Ray Lewis (most likely) or Suggs and #13."
If they have their choice, I'd take Suggs. Suggs and 13 for #7 :yes:

Does anyone know his contract info, mainly base salaries and yet to be paid bonuses (roster, etc.)?
they should have taken the 2nd offered by, Wash, IIRC, in FebLewis is under contract for 3 more yrs:

'06------$5.5M

'07/'08--$6.5M/ea

no more bonuses...got $17M to sign 4 yrs ago

good ridens

Titans cannot wait till pre-season to cut McNair. They need the cash to sign rookies. Not sure when that date is but he will have to be cut by the time NFL allocats rookie amounts. Maybe June 1stm

1) If the Titans, and any other team, both offered McNair the same contract, McNair would likely choose to sign with the Titans.

2) McNair is worth more to the Titans than to any other team, at this point in his career.

For these two reasons, I think anyone hoping to snag McNair in free agency for cheap will be disappointed, even if the Titans do cut him from his current contract.

Users who are viewing this thread