What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Pittman and Dom Rhodes in Week 7 (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
For those of us looking for a great one-week start as a BYE week or injury plugin, Michael Pittman and Dominic Rhodes -- at least according to the FBG projections this week -- both seem like they could be an incredibly sneaky plays.

Rhodes has a great matchup against a weak GB run defense (although the game is in GB).

Pittman has that messy NE defense, and is one of the only run options left in DEN, which means he's likely to get a ton of work and, assuming the Broncos are up with a good lead at some point, you have to assume he'll get the majority of the garbage time in the second half.

Without being specific about pay content, FBG has them both in the top 5 (!) this week, above guys like Gore and others.

Do you think the high ranking is justified this week? Why? Which of these two one-week plug-ins do you think will have the better game, and why?

was ready to roll with FWP this week with a nice matchup after 2 weeks of rest :thumbup:

today I jumped on the Pittman train!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I also like them both a lot. I'd probably give the edge to Pittman because he's a better bet to score.

As far as Rhodes, I can't stress enough just how awful Green Bay's defense is right now. This is a golden matchup. The only concern is Manning could throw all day and the Colts get all their scoring through the air. But I think Rhodes is looking at 70+ yards rushing, 2-4 receptions and a good shot at a TD.

I also like them both a lot. I'd probably give the edge to Pittman because he's a better bet to score. As far as Rhodes, I can't stress enough just how awful Green Bay's defense is right now. This is a golden matchup. The only concern is Manning could throw all day and the Colts get all their scoring through the air. But I think Rhodes is looking at 70+ yards rushing, 2-4 receptions and a good shot at a TD.
But Justin Harrell's back baby! And...um...Bob Sanders is...ahh......um...We're dead. :kicksrock:

Rhodes ranking is spot on, but Pittman is way overranked. I'm a Pats homer, and the pass D definitely looked beyond shaky last week, but outside of the Wildcat fiasco, the Pats run D has been solid. I expect the Broncos to pass up and down the field and will only run if they get a comfortable lead in the second half.

I think Pittman has a good chance to score, but I don't think he'll get many rushing yards, maybe 70-80 yards, not sure how much they work him into the passing game.

Rhodes ranking is spot on, but Pittman is way overranked. I'm a Pats homer, and the pass D definitely looked beyond shaky last week, but outside of the Wildcat fiasco, the Pats run D has been solid. I expect the Broncos to pass up and down the field and will only run if they get a comfortable lead in the second half.I think Pittman has a good chance to score, but I don't think he'll get many rushing yards, maybe 70-80 yards, not sure how much they work him into the passing game.
Couldn't agree more with this post. I'll also add that he is a Bronco running back and anything could happen on any day with Shanahan running the show.

For those of us looking for a great one-week start as a BYE week or injury plugin, Michael Pittman and Dominic Rhodes -- at least according to the FBG projections this week -- both seem like they could be an incredibly sneaky plays.

Rhodes has a great matchup against a weak GB run defense (although the game is in GB).

Pittman has that messy NE defense, and is one of the only run options left in DEN, which means he's likely to get a ton of work and, assuming the Broncos are up with a good lead at some point, you have to assume he'll get the majority of the garbage time in the second half.

Without being specific about pay content, FBG has them both in the top 5 (!) this week, above guys like Gore and others.

Do you think the high ranking is justified this week? Why? Which of these two one-week plug-ins do you think will have the better game, and why?
how does the starting rb for the colts constitute a 'sneaky' play??and didn't pittman just put up 100/1, or something like that last week?

here's another sneaky play for you --- mewelde moore if parker can't go.

wierd this was posted... in a dynasty..

need 2 of the 3 rb's

Slaton

Rhodes

Pittman

Currently i have Slaton and Pittman in..... but i like what im hearing about Rhodes in Indy for the next few weeks....

how does the starting rb for the colts constitute a 'sneaky' play??and didn't pittman just put up 100/1, or something like that last week?

It's sneaky in the sense that they are both guys that you probably haven't started all season, and you've probably got two guys who are normally ahead of them on your roster.

It's sneaky in the sense that they are both guys that you probably haven't started all season, and you've probably got two guys who are normally ahead of them on your roster.
Dropped Pittman in for J. Stewart at the flex this week. Could really go either way as both could get GL carries, but you have to ride the hot hand in Denver while the monster's heads (Torain, Hall, Young) seem to be severed a little. Bottom line, Pittman is on a good O on MNF.

I'm starting Pittman.

NE's run D is average. There are only 2 things that can keep him from going for 100 & a TD.

1) Cutler passes for 300+ & 4TDs & not many RB opportunities.

2) Shanahanigans come into play & Hall/Young carry the load.

Picked up Rhodes this week off the WW (being 2-4 has its advantages).

I would say, at this point, Rhodes may turn out to be the biggest WW pickup this season. The Colts look to be regaining their explosive form. Add to the fact that Mike Hart is out in addition to Addai and things look good for Rhodes.

Picked up Rhodes this week off the WW (being 2-4 has its advantages).I would say, at this point, Rhodes may turn out to be the biggest WW pickup this season. The Colts look to be regaining their explosive form. Add to the fact that Mike Hart is out in addition to Addai and things look good for Rhodes.
After this week RHodes plays TEN, NE, & PIT and then Addai "supposedly" is ready to come back. Id temper my expectations for him being the biggest WW pickup of the year.

Picked up Rhodes this week off the WW (being 2-4 has its advantages).I would say, at this point, Rhodes may turn out to be the biggest WW pickup this season. The Colts look to be regaining their explosive form. Add to the fact that Mike Hart is out in addition to Addai and things look good for Rhodes.
After this week RHodes plays TEN, NE, & PIT and then Addai "supposedly" is ready to come back. Id temper my expectations for him being the biggest WW pickup of the year.
It all depends on when Addai truly comes back. If he does indeed miss 4 weeks (or more) then I think the Rhodes pickup is huge. It's week 7 already...a lot of seasons will be decided in these next 4 weeks. I know Rhodes has a tough 3 game stretch after this, but I really don't think that matters as much. The Colts offense will score and put their RB in a position to get TD's. The yardage isn't as crucial for the Indy RB. I never thought Addai was just great but his value was higher IMO because of the offense that he is in.If Addai missed significant time I would say locking up the Indy running game is a pretty significant WW addition.....

I'm starting Pittman.NE's run D is average. There are only 2 things that can keep him from going for 100 & a TD.1) Cutler passes for 300+ & 4TDs & not many RB opportunities.2) Shanahanigans come into play & Hall/Young carry the load.
I started the week high on Pittman, mainly because I've read this line so many times: "NE's run D is average." But then I went and checked the numbers (only counting total to highest rusher on team):Week 1: 74 yds on 22 rushes, 0 TD (Larry Johnson)Week 2: 70 yds on 17 rushes, 0 TD (Thomas Jones)Week 3: 113 yds on 17 rushes, 4 TD (Ronnie Brown)Week 4: byeWeek 5: 54 yds on 12 rushes, 0 TD (Frank Gore)Week 6: 74 yds on 20 rushes, 0 TD (LT)If you take out the Dolphins game, NE looks pretty good. I'd definitely start Rhodes over Pittman if you have the option.

I'm starting Pittman.NE's run D is average. There are only 2 things that can keep him from going for 100 & a TD.1) Cutler passes for 300+ & 4TDs & not many RB opportunities.2) Shanahanigans come into play & Hall/Young carry the load.
I started the week high on Pittman, mainly because I've read this line so many times: "NE's run D is average." But then I went and checked the numbers (only counting total to highest rusher on team):Week 1: 74 yds on 22 rushes, 0 TD (Larry Johnson)Week 2: 70 yds on 17 rushes, 0 TD (Thomas Jones)Week 3: 113 yds on 17 rushes, 4 TD (Ronnie Brown)Week 4: byeWeek 5: 54 yds on 12 rushes, 0 TD (Frank Gore)Week 6: 74 yds on 20 rushes, 0 TD (LT)If you take out the Dolphins game, NE looks pretty good. I'd definitely start Rhodes over Pittman if you have the option.
;) That Miami game is a huge outlier.

I'm starting Pittman.

NE's run D is average. There are only 2 things that can keep him from going for 100 & a TD.

I started the week high on Pittman, mainly because I've read this line so many times: "NE's run D is average." But then I went and checked the numbers (only counting total to highest rusher on team):Week 1: 74 yds on 22 rushes, 0 TD (Larry Johnson)

Week 2: 70 yds on 17 rushes, 0 TD (Thomas Jones)

Week 3: 113 yds on 17 rushes, 4 TD (Ronnie Brown)

Week 4: bye

Week 5: 54 yds on 12 rushes, 0 TD (Frank Gore)

Week 6: 74 yds on 20 rushes, 0 TD (LT)

If you take out the Dolphins game, NE looks pretty good. I'd definitely start Rhodes over Pittman if you have the option.
:goodposting: That Miami game is a huge outlier.
You're fooling yourselves.NE will scheme to take away Denver's strength, which currently is Cutler to Marshall.

Pittman is good for 140 yards and a TD on the low end.

I'm starting Pittman.

I started the week high on Pittman, mainly because I've read this line so many times: "NE's run D is average." But then I went and checked the numbers (only counting total to highest rusher on team):Week 1: 74 yds on 22 rushes, 0 TD (Larry Johnson)

If you take out the Dolphins game, NE looks pretty good. I'd definitely start Rhodes over Pittman if you have the option.
:popcorn: That Miami game is a huge outlier.
You're fooling yourselves.NE will scheme to take away Denver's strength, which currently is Cutler to Marshall.

Or the more likely scenario of NE's secondary getting torched. I don't think there are many RBs that have low-end projections of 140/1. Certainly not Michael Pittman, on a team that didn't have a 100 yd rusher since last December until this past week.

Nice work. I was too lazy to actually look into this. :goodposting:

I also like them both a lot. I'd probably give the edge to Pittman because he's a better bet to score. As far as Rhodes, I can't stress enough just how awful Green Bay's defense is right now. This is a golden matchup. The only concern is Manning could throw all day and the Colts get all their scoring through the air. But I think Rhodes is looking at 70+ yards rushing, 2-4 receptions and a good shot at a TD.
:D 70 is the basement for Rhodes this week, imo. I'd say 100+ yards (combined) and a TD is a resonable expectation here, given the circumstances

I'm starting Pittman.

:lmao:

I didn't include this in my original post, but the Miami game is actually an even greater outlier in their overall rush defense ranking, because Ricky Williams also rushed for 98 yards that game, which is more than any other RB in any other game against the Pat's D.To the poster that thinks NE scheming to take away the pass will affect their rush DEF, I guess the closest comparison would be their game against Favre and the Jets. It certainly didn't help T. Jones. Personally, I think 70 yd and the chance of a TD are about all you can realistically hope for out of Pittman. Coincidentally, that's not too far from where FBG has them projected.

Well, FBGs bumped them both down but still has Pittman several notches above Rhodes. I don't quite understand why. The GB run defense is a disaster, and the NE run defense is actually a lot better then people realize when you carve out the Miami outlier. Are they thinking Pittman is just a significantly better talent than Rhodes? The only other justification I can come up with is expecting DEN to torch the Pats and put Pittman into position to score early and often.

:goodposting:

Well, FBGs bumped them both down but still has Pittman several notches above Rhodes. I don't quite understand why. The GB run defense is a disaster, and the NE run defense is actually a lot better then people realize when you carve out the Miami outlier. Are they thinking Pittman is just a significantly better talent than Rhodes? The only other justification I can come up with is expecting DEN to torch the Pats and put Pittman into position to score early and often. :goodposting:
I'm not sure what or how much of the paid content should be posted here, but if you read the Week 7 Rushing Matchups, you'll see why FBG projected him so high. It still doesn't make sense to me that they have him rated higher than Rhodes. Maybe that's why they're getting paid?

Rhodes ranking is spot on, but Pittman is way overranked. I'm a Pats homer, and the pass D definitely looked beyond shaky last week, but outside of the Wildcat fiasco, the Pats run D has been solid. I expect the Broncos to pass up and down the field and will only run if they get a comfortable lead in the second half.I think Pittman has a good chance to score, but I don't think he'll get many rushing yards, maybe 70-80 yards, not sure how much they work him into the passing game.
you know the Patriots well, I'm sure, but the numbers don't really back up your statement about their rushing defense...Pats are ranked 21st in NFL in rushing yards/gm allowed.they rank 8th in allowing rushing plays of 20+ yards (5).16th in pts per game allowedcombine that with who they've played, and thats your red herring..Miami scored a bunch of pts against them, as did SF..in 4 of the last 5 games v. denver, Brian Griese ( 1 game) had a 104.5 QB rating, while Plummer ( 3 games) had a 103.9 rating..Tatum Bell, in 3 games v. NE, ran 46 times for 256 yards, 5.6 per carry..against MUCH BETTER NE defenses than current version..Portis ran 52 times for 222 yards, and a 4.3 avg, against much better Patriot defenses..Shanahan is 4-1 last 5 v. NE..he OWNS Bellichick..Pittman will probably run thru, run around, run over NE on monday night, and Cutler might have a GREAT game Denver avg's 24.4 pts over last 5 meetings with NE..Again, most of those games were against much better NE defenses than the current one...

Well, FBGs bumped them both down but still has Pittman several notches above Rhodes. I don't quite understand why. The GB run defense is a disaster, and the NE run defense is actually a lot better then people realize when you carve out the Miami outlier. Are they thinking Pittman is just a significantly better talent than Rhodes? The only other justification I can come up with is expecting DEN to torch the Pats and put Pittman into position to score early and often. :thumbdown:
i don't think i'll ever understand this site or message board. this is why they should have a subscribers forum, to have SOME kind of accountability, but the staff doesn't like accountability here. amazing that no one posts the reason for their rankings, and it's obvious no one ever will, but just puts them up there and has you pay and do the work that you are paying them for determine why.

:thumbdown:
You're fooling yourselves.NE will scheme to take away Denver's strength, which currently is Cutler to Marshall.Pittman is good for 140 yards and a TD on the low end.
:lmao:
:(

With the exception of The J-E-T-S, none of these teams will scare you with their passing game, meaning the defensive game plan would likely be to stop the run and make them beat you with the pass. It's hard to say one way or another what the resulting plans will be when it comes to Billy Boy and Skeletor, but I'll go out on a limb and say that the draw up the middle will be open all day long against NE if the Broncos can get any semblance of a passing game going. Pittman may not get a ton of touches, but I don't think 20 touches for 100 yards with 5.0 per carry is talking crazy. 3-4 yards a touch on obvious running plays and 7-8 on draws from the shotgun formation should balance out to 5.0. He may even get a TD.

Well, FBGs bumped them both down but still has Pittman several notches above Rhodes. I don't quite understand why. The GB run defense is a disaster, and the NE run defense is actually a lot better then people realize when you carve out the Miami outlier. Are they thinking Pittman is just a significantly better talent than Rhodes? The only other justification I can come up with is expecting DEN to torch the Pats and put Pittman into position to score early and often. :goodposting:
i don't think i'll ever understand this site or message board. this is why they should have a subscribers forum, to have SOME kind of accountability, but the staff doesn't like accountability here. amazing that no one posts the reason for their rankings, and it's obvious no one ever will, but just puts them up there and has you pay and do the work that you are paying them for determine why.
I don't have a problem with that at all. We're all bright enough that we can discuss the issues here and probably get something very useful out of it.

Well, FBGs bumped them both down but still has Pittman several notches above Rhodes. I don't quite understand why. The GB run defense is a disaster, and the NE run defense is actually a lot better then people realize when you carve out the Miami outlier. Are they thinking Pittman is just a significantly better talent than Rhodes? The only other justification I can come up with is expecting DEN to torch the Pats and put Pittman into position to score early and often.

:goodposting:
I don't have a problem with that at all. We're all bright enough that we can discuss the issues here and probably get something very useful out of it.
glad you don't have a problem with it, at all. i also think that the great majority of posters on this board have just as, or more, interesting opinions than the FBG staff that do everything possible not to be accountable for the opinions that they charge a healthy price for, so in different roundabout ways, we are pretty much in agreement.

GB a good ole fashioned 2 for 1 Keerocking. :goodposting: :popcorn:

I don't own Rhodes, but I am debating between Pittman and Moore for Pitt

I see Denver has not scored a rushing TD in the past 3 games hmmm, I don't see it happening for 4 games, and Pittman should get the rushing TD

I like Moore for more yards against Cinn, but I don't see a TD for him.

So based on the crazy reasoning that Denver has not scored a rushing TD in the past 3 games and is due for one I going with Pittman

sometimes in FF you have to go with your gut?

Well Rhodes definitely turned out to be the better play here. I still don't understand the analysis that went on to put Pittman so high up the rankings this past weekend? :rolleyes:

The 'analysis' probaly didn't include Cutler getting hurt on the first play and Denver commiting several turnovers turning the game into a blowout. Pittman looked good out there.

The 'analysis' probaly didn't include Cutler getting hurt on the first play and Denver commiting several turnovers turning the game into a blowout. Pittman looked good out there.
Yup. He looked real good. Also, the two turnovers came when he got dinged and had to leave the game twice. If that doesn't happen, Hall's not in and the Broncos may not fumble so Pittman could have gotten close to 100 yards and maybe a TD or two. The game really swung on those two turnovers.

Yup. He looked real good. Also, the two turnovers came when he got dinged and had to leave the game twice. If that doesn't happen, Hall's not in and the Broncos may not fumble so Pittman could have gotten close to 100 yards and maybe a TD or two. The game really swung on those two turnovers.
On those and on Cutler's finger.Just what I needed to with Romo out with a finger issue...now Cuter bangs his.

I don't own Rhodes, but I am debating between Pittman and Moore for PittI see Denver has not scored a rushing TD in the past 3 games hmmm, I don't see it happening for 4 games, and Pittman should get the rushing TDI like Moore for more yards against Cinn, but I don't see a TD for him.So based on the crazy reasoning that Denver has not scored a rushing TD in the past 3 games and is due for one I going with Pittmansometimes in FF you have to go with your gut?
Looks like your gut was dead wrong.

That meaningless 5-yard carry that Pittman had just before the two-minute warning gave me a win in one of my leagues. Was trailing by 0.1 before that. So hey, he was a good play for me, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread