What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Anderson = Steal of the 2005 draft (1 Viewer)

just making sure I caught this one.....so, you're saying that with 150 yards rushing in 3 quarters after getting 93 on one of the carries in a PRESEASON game against one of the ####tier defenses in the league AT HOME IN A PRESEASON GAME = SOD?

Please. He will move WAY up in ADP after this game, and maybe, just maybe, if he plays all year he will be worth his draft position. As always, Mike Shanahan will make your fantasy life miserable if you take him.

Glll.
he might make you miserable if you draft him NOW.those of us who got him two weeks ago are playing with house money at this point.

just making sure I caught this one.....so, you're saying that with 150 yards rushing in 3 quarters after getting 93 on one of the carries in a PRESEASON game against one of the ####tier defenses in the league AT HOME IN A PRESEASON GAME = SOD?

Please. He will move WAY up in ADP after this game, and maybe, just maybe, if he plays all year he will be worth his draft position. As always, Mike Shanahan will make your fantasy life miserable if you take him.

Glll.
he might make you miserable if you draft him NOW.those of us who got him two weeks ago are playing with house money at this point.
yep. Got him in the 10th round in a draft two weeks ago. Sometimes there is advantages to drafting early I guess :)

I've been paying as close attention as anyone to the Anderson/Bell situation the past few months. For me, the most amazing part of it all has been how many posters have such certainty about which way the situation would (and will continue to) go.

I've been hoping Bell would win the job, but never thought it was anywhere near a forgone conclusion. At the same time, I haven't counted out Bell's chances in the long run either even though he's clearly not going to be the game 1 starter.

What's my point? Only this...I would love for those of you who seem to have such strong feelings one way or another, come to this thread in the AC and help me decide my Bell keeper dilemma:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=178691

PS - I hope posting a link to my AC question in this related thread isn't considered as bad as posting my question directly into the Shark Pool. If it is...sorry.

Please.  He will move WAY up in ADP after this game, and maybe, just maybe, if he plays all year he will be worth his draft position.  As always, Mike Shanahan will make your fantasy life miserable if you take him.

Glll.
I agree. I wouldn't be taking him in the 4th (or wherever he's going now). He's got #1 RB upside, but if the Broncos are mediocre come the end of the year (which probably isn't likely), I'd think Bell would get a shot.Got him in the 15th round (169 overall) of a 12-team dynasty league around the 1st of August (Bell went 17th overall). I really didn't want him either (it was him or Phillip Rivers).

Last edited by a moderator:
He went at 8.09 of my 12 team redraft league at noon on Saturday, before the big game. One spot before me. I had Anderson in 2000 and he was money. He has plenty of speed, and more importantly gets tough yards, always moving forward. Only thing stopping him from being a top tier 1 back at this point is I imagine he will come out on 3rd downs. But a 1,300+ 14TD season is NOT out of the question. I will be trying to trade for him this week, and it will cost me.
Ummm... he's the best blocking RB on the team. He's the best receiving RB on the team. Explain to me why, exactly, he'll be coming out in passing situations? Do you expect him to come out in short yardage situations, too?

If MA really is capable of being a 2000 yard rusher, why did Shanahan make him play fullback for those two years? I mean, what's harder to find, 2000 yard rushers or starting quality fullbacks? This doesn't make sense. So, either you think Shanahan is a total fool who squandered such great talent, or he had good reasons to not be convinced at all that Anderson could be that great. It seems he's only in this position now because Tatum hasn't really lit the world on fire, and every other reliable option has left town.
There is a 3rd alternative - he did it to get his best players on the field at the same time. Portis has more talent than Anderson, I don't think anyone questions that. But the FB is a very important cog in the DEN O (and a great FB may be harder to find than great RB), and being able to play both guys at the same time really enhanced the DEN backfield.Anderson was capable of playing FB, and also backing up the RB spot at the same time. I don't quite see how that damages his credibility at RB. I do think if Portis would have stuck it out in DEN that he would have hit 2000 yds rushing.

i just got him in the 9th round in my league that funnily enough has some DEN fans in it. I guess they didn't see the game or believe that Bell is the #1 guy there. :confused:

bell is goign to play a significant role because:A) He played really well towards the end of last year. B) He is in a very similar situation to Portis' and has a great chance to take the starting role OVER THE COURSE OF THE SEASONC) Mike Anderson is 32, returning on a sewn-up-knee and hasn't started at tailback until really 2000D) Mike Shanahan drafted Tatum for a reason

On point 2- You give me a list of 32 year old backs coming off of a season ending surgery and 2 years at fullback and I'll crunch the numbers for you. Personally, I don't have the numbers, so we're entering uncharted territory. I agree that it's very risky.
Self-fullfilling question.

C) Mike Anderson is 32, returning on a sewn-up-knee and hasn't started at tailback until really 2000
Why would he returning on a sewn up knee? He injured his groin muscles last year. Did they repair the torn groins by going through his knee?:confused:As far as not starting at RB since 2000, he started 7 games in 2001. :confused: :confused:You struggle with facts, don't you?-------------------------------------------------Anderson's stats as a starter:19 starts, 386 carries, 1856 yds rushing, 26 catches, 181 yds rec, 17 TDsBell's stats:0 starts, 75 carries, 396 yds rushing, 5 catches, 80 yds rec, 3 TDsAnderson certainly has a better resume with his more extensive playing time. As far as comparing ratios:Anderson (in starts) 4.8 ypc, 1 TD/22.7 carriesBell 5.3 ypc, 1 TD/25.0 carriesBell's games were against SD, MIA, KC, TEN, & IND. That's the #8, #26, #22, #25, & #18 FF run Ds respectively - hardly murder's row as far as run Ds are concerned.Most importantly - and something guys like you seem to want to ignore completely, Anderson has completely outplayed Bell in H2H competition, which is why he has the starting gig, and Anderson is bringing more to the table as far as being a complete RB - blocking, catching, leadership, & experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread