What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Tyson Vs Jake Paul? (1 Viewer)

I don't know who Jake Paul is. I'm assuming by the comments above that he's not a real fighter, but someone who has fought against pros as a gimmick?

I don't know who Jake Paul is. I'm assuming by the comments above that he's not a real fighter, but someone who has fought against pros as a gimmick?
Started that way but he’s sort of a legit boxer now. Not as good as his ability to pull an audience would lead one to think but he has fought some pros and some high level UFC guys. He’s never going to be an actual world champion but he’s not a total joke either.

Started that way but he’s sort of a legit boxer now. Not as good as his ability to pull an audience would lead one to think but he has fought some pros and some high level UFC guys. He’s never going to be an actual world champion but he’s not a total joke either.
Is he ranked anywhere? What's his weight class?

I have lots of questions!

Is this a legit fight or is this like a Tonya Harding thing?

Who is Jake Paul?

Do we want Tyson to bite his ear off too?

Do I need to get Netflix for a month in July?

If this is a publicity stunt by this Paul guy, I would pay to see him get smashed.

I have lots of questions!

Is this a legit fight or is this like a Tonya Harding thing?
Probably a little of both.
Who is Jake Paul?
You don’t want to know. Root for Tyson.
Do we want Tyson to bite his ear off too?
Yes. Most definitely.
Do I need to get Netflix for a month in July?
Probably not - I’d bet the KO will show up on YouTube after the fact.
If this is a publicity stunt by this Paul guy, I would pay to see him get smashed.
Exactly.

Is he ranked anywhere? What's his weight class?
No definitely not a ranked boxer. But he trains full time legit for it and is in great shape. Looks like he’s been fighting at 200 pounds in cruiswerweight.

He’s an annoying YouTuber turned boxer.
Do you think he's any good?
I’ve seen him fight.

He’s actually better than I expected.

But people underestimate how good of a boxer Tyson was. He had that huge KO power, but the dude could fight.

I don’t see Paul having any sort of chance if this is a legitimate fight.

Mike will get a big payday to make Jake look good
This occurred to me, but Tyson loves boxing more than he needs money. I don’t see him taking a dive for anyone. He’ll get paid regardless.

I think Paul is gonna go ninny.
Be like the Logan Paul-Mayweather fight when Mayweather knocked him out and held him up. Tyson won’t lose but he’ll keep Jake in the fight………for a boatload of money

I’ve seen him fight.

But people underestimate how good of a boxer Tyson was. He had that huge KO power, but the dude could fight.

If Tyson can still bob, and weave like he used to, Paul won't land many shots.......but Tyson might also might injure himself trying to move like that, cuz he's old.

Mike will get a big payday to make Jake look good
This occurred to me, but Tyson loves boxing more than he needs money. I don’t see him taking a dive for anyone. He’ll get paid regardless.

I think Paul is gonna go ninny.
Be like the Logan Paul-Mayweather fight when Mayweather knocked him out and held him up. Tyson won’t lose but he’ll keep Jake in the fight………for a boatload of money
Difference there was Floyd was basically still the active best fighter in the world at that time.

Hes made a ton of money selling weed, appearances, speaking engagements and more.
it's probably best for a guy like Tyson to get his money a little at a time, rather than massive dollars once in a while from a fight.

Tyson came from a level of poverty many people haven't ever seen. Dropping 30 million in his lap with Don King and his MC Hammer entourage around, just bad bad bad.

I’ve seen him fight.

If Tyson can still bob, and weave like he used to, Paul won't land many shots.......but Tyson might also might injure himself trying to move like that, cuz he's old.
Paul is going to get KTFO - this is what Tyson looks like right now.

I’ve seen him fight.

Paul is going to get KTFO - this is what Tyson looks like right now.

That was back when he did the exhibition with Roy Jones Jr. (4 years ago)

Tyson could have knocked out Roy and didnt. This will be a joke as well.

I thought Jake Paul was supposed to take on Nate Diaz in a rematch in a full-fledged MMA fight; they boxed last year, where Paul won a decision. A half-assed effort at googling on my part indicates that this is not going to happen, which is probably best for Paul, and probably best for Diaz too, because murder is no joking matter in the judicial system.

I thought Jake Paul was supposed to take on Nate Diaz in a rematch in a full-fledged MMA fight; they boxed last year, where Paul won a decision. A half-assed effort at googling on my part indicates that this is not going to happen, which is probably best for Paul, and probably best for Diaz too, because murder is no joking matter in the judicial system.
Neither of the Pauls will get in a cage, they know they would get absolutely destroyed. Even Diaz, who's done, would wipe the cage with him.

And neither will fight a real, in their prime, boxer. I would love to see one of them fight Ngannou or even Wilder.

Users who are viewing this thread