What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Missing FBGs (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zow said:
Yeah I did Vegas during March madness (or first weekend of playoffs, cat remember) a few years in a row. Fun guy. 
I think I also asked him what his fbg name meant and he told me the same thing.   :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I took over a team from @SoCalBroncoFan after he never managed the team after the draft. He drafted while in the hospital after getting a leg amputated but no one has heard from him since. Not sure if anyone knows him IRL. :(

SoCalBroncoFan    Posted March 9

The last leg joke was the best one. Truth is, I am very healthy. That wasn't always the case. Over the last 11 months I have been in the hospital for a total of 8 of them. It started out small with me putting  on water weight because of my pulmonary hypertension. It was 120 lbs. but I was able to function pretty normally. I hospitalized for 3 weeks in April and another 3 weeks in June as they tried to get the water off of me with diuretics and trying to have me expel it on my own. That was not real successful and in July I started having more serious problems with my heart and lungs because of he water. I was admitted to the hospital in July and spent the next 3 months battling heart lung problems. Eventually, my kidneys shut down too, so I was put on dialysis. At one point my heart was so weak that during dialysis my blood pressure dropped into the 40's and my heart actually stopped. They called for the crash cart and everything, but before they could shock me my heart started beating on its own. Fortunately, I was asleep when it happened and I don't remember any of it. I went to the ICU for about a week at which point they sent me back to a normzl room. Now, the disease I have, pulmonary hypertension, doesn't have a cure and not a lot of people have it so here hasn't been as much research done for  it like other diseases which are a lot more prevalent. Because of that, figuring out which meds to take takes a bit of trying different medicines. They finally found 3 medicines which work pretty well at keeping the disease in check. Unfortunately, during this stay I developed an infection in my foot that eventually resulted in my leg being amputated below the knee. but that's another story for another time as this is already too long. Suffice it to say, I feel great and I am in no danger of dropping dead anytime soon. I am just in the hospital to have my leg amputated this admission. But I appreciate the concern make jokes about the situation as often as possible. No reason to be sad and mope about it, as there are plenty of people who are way worse off than I am.  So joke all you want, just make them funny. I hate bad jokes.

I took over a team from @SoCalBroncoFan after he never managed the team after the draft. He drafted while in the hospital after getting a leg amputated but no one has heard from him since. Not sure if anyone knows him IRL. :(
I have his, and about 5 other FBG phone numbers saved in my phone from WIS drafts. I had no idea about this. 

oooh. now everybody can try to find out which name belongs to him!
I'm actually pretty sure I know which one it is, but I'll stay mum. There was a new, eloquent poster that was just a little too smart and kind to be so darn new...

I don’t think he’d mind if I told everyone.  His screen name is Joe Bryant.
This is aces. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man this thread is so depressing. Sooooo many good (and bad) guys gone. 

Its really a shame we didnt get more people over to the cage. I wish there was a haven for all FBGs that is both SFW and safe from the random ban hammer. 

I sent a text earlier (that’s the only way we communicated) but no response. 
He didn't have a personal phone back in March.  You may have an old number.  He was using an app that would convert texts to a certain number to email.  But I have tried that with no response also.  Ugh.

He didn't have a personal phone back in March.  You may have an old number.  He was using an app that would convert texts to a certain number to email.  But I have tried that with no response also.  Ugh.
Forgot about this. Sucks. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread