What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MJD (1 Viewer)

Amazes me he had only two catches while the Eagles were smoking the Jags all day.

As an owner my gameplan would be wait to see how he does versus the Indy run D next week . Hopefully he can get some yardage and receptions with a TD, then time to sell (cross fingers). Of course Petyon might possible throw for 1,000 yards and 8 TDs verse the Jags horrendous pass D, eliminating any chance Jags run the ball.

Points per carry is a terrible fantasy stat. High volume RBs are already the most valuable commodity in fantasy. Why make them even MORE valuable?
Because in a world of RBBC and RBs dropping like flies, it levels the playing field. If I were desperate and needed to start Javon Ringer or Torrain this week, I at least would have gotten some points on the board. Just think about the fretting that might occur in the coming week over the likes of all the RBs who are question marks after Week 3, like Best, Jackson, Rice or whatever.

Points per carry is a terrible fantasy stat. High volume RBs are already the most valuable commodity in fantasy. Why make them even MORE valuable?
Because in a world of RBBC and RBs dropping like flies, it levels the playing field. If I were desperate and needed to start Javon Ringer or Torrain this week, I at least would have gotten some points on the board. Just think about the fretting that might occur in the coming week over the likes of all the RBs who are question marks after Week 3, like Best, Jackson, Rice or whatever.
No it doesn't. It does exactly the opposite. It makes bell cow backs even MORE valuable than those in RBBC. You aren't leveling anything.

No it doesn't. It does exactly the opposite. It makes bell cow backs even MORE valuable than those in RBBC. You aren't leveling anything.
No kidding. If anything, the value of the top 5-6 backs SKYROCKETS compared to the rest of the league.

Del Rio should have been fired years ago. This team drafts a QB in the 1st round next year but by the time they turn it around, they will need a RB too. They wasted way too many years with Garrabage.
:) Del Rio is gonna cost Del Rio his job.

Hey Rusty, obviously your league is free to adopt whatever rules you want, but please stop trying to pretend it's "pretty standard scoring " in any way.

I got 21 fantasy points out of him today. I'm not displeased. :rolleyes:
Out of who?
Please go back and review the thread title to get an idea of this thread's subject. (Hint: His last name rhymes with "boo.") :lmao:
English please.
Yardage, number of carries and points per reception. Pretty standard scoring. You should check it out sometime. :lmao:
well if you got 21 pts out of him in that league, It's a lil disingenous to announce it like that, since studs are prolly in the 40's and high 30's and 22 pts amounts to a decent day (kinda like the 9 he got many owners)

Sounds like you live in a non-reality of abnormal leagues in the modern NFL, where RBBC rules the RB world. Time to put down the eight-track player and upgrade to an iPod, gramps.
Do you guys also give point-per-target to the wr's?
Points per step if they go in motion... ... 22 pts... he got me 8 today and I get tons of bonuses past standard scoring -- 100 yards, 200 yards, any TD over 20 (progressively higher the longer the TD). that was 8 pts.
as the OP stated it was a thoroughly average day for him. Now ifs your rb3 you drafted in the 8-10th, thats pretty good. If it;s the guy you took at 2, as the op posited, those stats are not coming on this year.

Sounds like you live in a non-reality of abnormal leagues in the modern NFL, where RBBC rules the RB world. Time to put down the eight-track player and upgrade to an iPod, gramps.
Do you guys also give point-per-target to the wr's?
Nope.
I recommend the post title be modified to:MJD bust of the year (except in oddball scoring systems).
How about we label it "Hyperbolic overstatement in Week 3 of the year" and then recognize a logical scoring system that awards 1 point per yard and 0.5 points per carry in an age where RBBC dominates the land, grasshopper. :rolleyes:
wow u suck worse than I do at math. and you are selling urself shorts. By that math MJD scored 102 points. What a kick ### day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Because what's wrong with rewarding a guy who has to resort to playing javon ringer or ryan torrain in week THREE (when the backs they handcuff a are NOT injured. :rolleyes: priceless.

I'm gonna call it an INSTANT CLASSIC

Pt Per Carry Scoring schtick is gonna be pretty good

In my league we give points per giant diarrhea dump taken in your pants, and MJD got me about 32 points this week.

Seriously though, points per carry = :confused:

I'm trying to understand how defenses can react to this points per carry in the NFL. Disrupting the center and rushing the handoff will be critical.

But seriously folks,

What would you trade for MJD?

What would you want for him?

Yesterday's game was the only time I've seen MJD play this year. I thought he ran really hard, he didn't look injured to me. The Eagles got Bradley back yesterday which was a big upgrade for their defense. I'm not worried.

Not only does his qb, oline, and coach suck its painfully obvious that he is also harboring some sort of injury that is taking his explosive first step away. If I owned him I would be looking to move him asap. There is no way out of that maze.
Good luck. You can't move him. He is damaged goods. You drafted him, you eat him.
Wrong. There's always an owner out there who thinks they're smart by "buying" low on someone. Right now I'd take a bag of footballs for him.

I got 21 fantasy points out of him today. I'm not displeased. :thumbup:
Out of who?
Please go back and review the thread title to get an idea of this thread's subject. (Hint: His last name rhymes with "boo.") :sarcasm:
English please.
Yardage, number of carries and points per reception. Pretty standard scoring. You should check it out sometime. :thumbup:
Sorry man, but if you got 21 pts for those stats, then that's an awfully strange scoring system.. :lol:

As an MJD owner the bottom line for me is that he simply won't get adequate value in a trade right now. From what I saw, he didn't look terrible in the first half of the game yesterday but once they got down they stopped using him effectively. This of course will be a pattern repeated throughout the season. Does anyone imagine that it will be better next week vs Indy? But he might improve his performance as the season progresses. Sometimes terrible teams will have good games and struggling players will put up numbers. For me, he's a hold.

Also, in response to the Rusty discussion, this clearly is a well-stocked pond.

:thumbup:

Yesterday's game was the only time I've seen MJD play this year. I thought he ran really hard, he didn't look injured to me. The Eagles got Bradley back yesterday which was a big upgrade for their defense. I'm not worried.
He is ranked 26th in the league I have him.That's right below Ronnie Brown and Thomas Jones and right above Clinton Portis and Cadillac Williams.Let me know when it's time to worry. TIA.

He is ranked 26th in the league I have him.That's right below Ronnie Brown and Thomas Jones and right above Clinton Portis and Cadillac Williams.Let me know when it's time to worry. TIA.
I am in several leagues and he went too high in all of them. F.Gore was always available when it came time to "consider" drafting MJD. The only one who took Gore at that point was Moi, and boy did I get #### for it. Who's laughing now.If you selected him too high, consider yourself Mauricejonesscrewed.

I'm trying to understand how defenses can react to this points per carry in the NFL. Disrupting the center and rushing the handoff will be critical.But seriously folks,What would you trade for MJD?What would you want for him?
In all seriousness, I'm going to dangle him out there and see what he attracts. I'd take a RB2 for him right now and even consider a RB3. I know some of you advocate waiting, but I just see no signs of things turning around. The Lions gashed the Eagles run D the week before, and the Jags couldn't do anything. Why do people think they're going to so anything with Indy? Hell they'll be down 3 scores in the 1st quarter. It's just not going to happen.

averaging 4YPC behind that line yesterday was a minor miracle.

I am in several leagues and he went too high in all of them. F.Gore was always available when it came time to "consider" drafting MJD. The only one who took Gore at that point was Moi, and boy did I get #### for it. Who's laughing now.If you selected him too high, consider yourself Mauricejonesscrewed.
Actually he was a keeper for me so his draft position in your league doesn't really interest me and at this point, I don't see how looking back at who else someone could have picked is at all helpful to the discussion sitting here looking forward to week 4.

pretty much stuck with himBut that team is god awful and he dont even catch passes anymore.
This is one concerning thing for me. I thought that a back like Drew was more "suck proof" then many others due to his pass catching ability. Any insight into why that isn't a big part of his game this year so far?

I play in two leagues that give 0.1pt/carry. That gave MJD a nice 2.2 pt boost. He broke double digits. :confetti:

Actually he was a keeper for me so his draft position in your league doesn't really interest me and at this point, I don't see how looking back at who else someone could have picked is at all helpful to the discussion sitting here looking forward to week 4.
Back off the ledge dude. MJD will do nothing for your team going forward. And his trade value is ridiculously low. All you can do is stuff him on your bench and pray things change. Your team is going to have to rely on other options.I was just trying to point out the writing was on the wall at draft time and if you had paid attention, you would not be in this position.Sadly, you did not.Good luck.

Back off the ledge dude. MJD will do nothing for your team going forward. And his trade value is ridiculously low. All you can do is stuff him on your bench and pray things change. Your team is going to have to rely on other options.I was just trying to point out the writing was on the wall at draft time and if you had paid attention, you would not be in this position.Sadly, you did not.Good luck.

You're still not hearing him. MJD was a keeper for him. Are you suggesting he (anyone) should have had the forsight to not keep MJD?

For all the panic, the fact is that he's still averaging more ypc that Jahvid Best, Frank Gore, Pierre Thomas, Cedric Benson, Matt Forte, and Knowshon Moreno, despite all of the doom and gloom talk here. Ray Rice is at 4.0 ypc, for comparison. Let's not get carried away. There's reason to be worried, especially for where you took him, but he's not totally shot.

You're still not hearing him. MJD was a keeper for him. Are you suggesting he (anyone) should have had the forsight to not keep MJD?

This not the AC Forum so quite restricting the conversation to that dudes team.

And you are not listening to me. There were better options than MJD for keeper; there were better options than MJD to draft.

Reading comprehension down?

He is ranked 26th in the league I have him.That's right below Ronnie Brown and Thomas Jones and right above Clinton Portis and Cadillac Williams.

Let me know when it's time to worry. TIA.
I am in several leagues and he went too high in all of them. F.Gore was always available when it came time to "consider" drafting MJD. The only one who took Gore at that point was Moi, and boy did I get #### for it. Who's laughing now.

If you selected him too high, consider yourself Mauricejonesscrewed.
Back off the ledge dude.
I don't think you know what this means.

For all the panic, the fact is that he's still averaging more ypc that Jahvid Best, Frank Gore, Pierre Thomas, Cedric Benson, Matt Forte, and Knowshon Moreno, despite all of the doom and gloom talk here. Ray Rice is at 4.0 ypc, for comparison. Let's not get carried away. There's reason to be worried, especially for where you took him, but he's not totally shot.
1. Team Sux2. QB Sux3. OLine Sux4. Offense SuxI would be worried about MJD if he was my first round pick.

pretty much stuck with himBut that team is god awful and he dont even catch passes anymore.
This is one concerning thing for me. I thought that a back like Drew was more "suck proof" then many others due to his pass catching ability. Any insight into why that isn't a big part of his game this year so far?
not sure. Lets really look at what he has done, sure the SD game was a stink but he had 98 yards rushing vs Denver and 88 vs Philly.If he could of done anuthing through the air, his days might have been saved in PPR.

Just got offered Andre Johnson and Matthews (I have Tolbert) for MJD and Calvin. I think I might be pulling the trigger on that...

Of courseI will need to rename my team the Broken Ankles

Colts matchup next week does look juicy....but not if Indy goes up 21-0 by 2nd Q :popcorn: "

1. Team Sux2. QB Sux3. OLine Sux4. Offense SuxI would be worried about MJD if he was my first round pick.
All of this is true, but like I said earlier, is any of this different from last year? The team as a whole is probably worse, especially the pass D. The QB is playing worse than he has, but it's only 3 games, the OLine hasn't gotten worse; they didn't lose anyone (IIRC) and added Justin Smiley. Also, Eben Britton and Eugene Monroe have another year to grow. And finally, the offense *might* be worse (but I'd agrue that with Mike Thomas looking viable and Marcedes Lewis actually being alive that it might be ever so slightly improved). So all in all, while the 1st point might be true, the rest of them are close enough to being improvements/stagnant from '09 to where I don't see this as why he will/won't return his pre-draft value.

Users who are viewing this thread