What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MLB 2019 (1 Viewer)

Scored 187.71 to finish 79/9k+ in a $1 SE and cashed for $6. Used Kershaw then Cubs, Tex and Peralta and Thames as one offs.

On DK turned my free $.25 ticket into $.38 

Been on an epically bad DK run.  I have toned it down to just a few 25cent LUs a day because of it.  I am talking LUs scoring <40pts bad here.   Last night was more of the same, except my WTF late night Tiers 25cent entry.  Took 1st by 1 pt, so that 25cents turned to $15 and basically offset the losses for the last week or so with a little extra.   

Trying again today with a few LUs.  I have been trying to use the free LU generator on RG for a few ideas since they let you play with stacks, etc..   They let you only produce 3 a day, but I have been trying to get around that by doing something like:  pick 2 players I really like (usually P and a cheap C), tell it to give me 10-20 LUs, then do 20% of 4-5 different team stacks, and when it spits it out I'll pick out a LU or two that I think look interesting.  Been doing a couple like that, and a couple of my ideas per day the last couple days just to see if any of their LUs do any more.  Oh, I also set the settings to play with the projections +/- their #s for some randomization.  

I have been trying to use the free LU generator on RG for a few ideas since they let you play with stacks, etc..   They let you only produce 3 a day
I'm pretty sure you can use the "delete this build" button/link to get around the 3 lineup limit.  So once you have 3 lineups just delete them one at a time and you can build 3 more, rinse, repeat.

I've had a run of bad luck on FD, lost everything I entered the last 5 days($9). Taking a few days off as I'm busy at work and home and have no time for research.

I haven't been playing much but kind of like the idea of a Reds stack today in GPP. Degrom has been bad, can get Votto, Winker, Puig, Suarez in there at good prices and pay up around them. Lots of good SP options tonight. 

Hello all - just getting back into baseball the last few weeks, pretty much breaking even. But as I haven't seen this mentioned yet today, thought I'd bring it up: in his career against Madison Bumgarner, **** Hernandez of the Dodgers is 21 for 42 - yes, that's a .500 average in 42 AB's, including 4 HR's. I stick exclusively to FanDuel, and, at $3,600, I am definitely having some of that, especially given that ownership will be very high on Altuve and the rest of the Astros. Good luck one & all! 

I haven't been playing much but kind of like the idea of a Reds stack today in GPP. Degrom has been bad, can get Votto, Winker, Puig, Suarez in there at good prices and pay up around them. Lots of good SP options tonight. 
Uh, but that would require us to play Cinci bats! ;)     Good to see you poking around in here.   This year has gotten me to hate your team.  For some reason I get sucked into playing them and get roasted.  

I'm pretty sure you can use the "delete this build" button/link to get around the 3 lineup limit.  So once you have 3 lineups just delete them one at a time and you can build 3 more, rinse, repeat.
@Steeler - have you had much luck with their LU builder?  What type of settings do you use for your LUs/Stacks?

Uh, but that would require us to play Cinci bats! ;)     Good to see you poking around in here.   This year has gotten me to hate your team.  For some reason I get sucked into playing them and get roasted.  
I'll be using Stroman too. Not sure whether to pair him with Nola or Caleb Smith. My instinct was Smith but the SiriusXM guys like Nola. 

Northern Voice said:
I'll be using Stroman too. Not sure whether to pair him with Nola or Caleb Smith. My instinct was Smith but the SiriusXM guys like Nola. 
I actually liked the idea - used them in a couple 25cent LUs.   My SPs are Nola/Smith/Kluber/Scherzer/Stroman.   Have a couple Cinci 3-4 man stacks, a Minn stack, and an Atl stack.  

Good luck, all!

KarmaPolice said:
@Steeler - have you had much luck with their LU builder?  What type of settings do you use for your LUs/Stacks?
Depends on how you define success :lol:  

TLDR: I use all the defaults for the free rotogrinders LU builder except for Golf where I set Max Exposure to 50% and Number of Unique Players to 3.  I'm usually looking for just one lineup per build from this tool so this works OK for me.

--

I'm just fooling around with sports I know very little about from a DFS POV (MLB, NBA, NHL, Golf) and I'm basically treading water due to placing 2nd in a small FD tourney.  I play 100% tournaments @ 25 cent entry on DK (and occasionally $1 or $2 on FD) and I'm focused on game theory to build lineups more than anything since I'm not fluent in these sports.  At this point with the NBA and NHL playoffs in full swing I play at least one showdown lineup for each game each night (sometimes multiple lineups for each game). 

For NBA I'll review the fantasy labs free content and select a few captains and "must plays", generate lineups, and move forward.  I don't spend that much time with the rotogrinders lineup generator other than to have it fill in the rest of the lineups.  Tonight I have 3 lineups with Jokic, Lillard, and Kanter as captains for example.

For NHL I review Daily Face Off but mostly just wing it and enter one showdown lineup per game.  NHL seems the most random so just trying different combinations of lines/strategies is fun.

I don't play MLB much right now with NHL/NBA playoffs but tonight I played a Reds stack + K. Hernandez and let the LU builder fill in the rest, so far it's not working out :lol:   

For Golf I'm usually playing 10 LU per tournament (@ 25 cents on DK) based on the information from Fantasy Labs.  Two weeks ago I was in 2nd place and winning over $100 on Saturday but Dustin Johnson had a terrible Sunday dropping me back pretty far to win only $1 IIRC.  But that's the nature of tournaments.

Haven't looked at pricing, but took some quick notes.  Not sure how doable it is since I think the pricing will be tight, but it looks like in a small sample Houst hits Berrios well.  All 3 of Springer, Altuve, Bregman have a .444+ BA vs. Berrios.     Other names I wrote down as far as BvP were Kepler, Machado, A.Garcia, Aguilar, Shaw, Arcia.  

I think it will be a studs and scrubs day because teams like Milw-L, Color, Atl could be popular and none of them I would expect to be cheap, so Houst might be a good tournament pivot off that (assuming weather is fine, which I also haven't looked at).  

Listening to a pod, and they mentioned that Houst has 5 of the top 50 curveball hitters in the league.  That might be my WTF gpp play today.  

Interesting day.  I was thinking about a Musgrove/Anderson combo at SP and loading up at bats, but that game looks to be in most risk.  

I also went the other way and have a Kershaw/Sale team with a Cinci stack.   It's a Coors slate, which means I am already grumpy about it.  ;) .   In my other LUs beside the Sale/Kershaw, I will look at Bost, TB, Tex, Philly, and Milw.  My WTF gpp play will be my Mariners vs Bieber.  Low total, but they can always go off and he is allowing a bit of hard contact this season.  

Gonna try a few LU's with Gausman and a few more with Woodruff. Sale will be the other SP. Even gonna through in a GPP with Hellickson. Philly's offense has been struggling of late & Hellickson did well pitching against them back in April, in Philly. Liking the BOS,TB, MILW & TEX bats.

Kershaw didn't help, but at least he didn't stay negative.  I was deciding between combos of Glasnow/Sale/Kershaw, and thought Glasnow would be higher owned, so I did more Kershaw.   I tried 5 $1 entries and a 25 cent tiers LU.  $5.25 in, $16.50 out.  Best LU was 182pts and was a Sale/Kershaw + SF/Cin game stack.   The others that cashed were A Kershaw/Sale + Cinci stack, Sale/Glasnow + a bottom order Boston stack (Devers/Chavis/Lin/Moreland), and Kershaw/Anderson + TB and Milw.     The one dud was my Seattle LU, but I definitely got the %s I wanted - Vogelbach was 1.2% and the other 3 were <1%.  I tried them with a couple former Mariners and had Zunino, Segura, K.Marte, and Harper with them.  

I am sure I will try both slates today.  Definitely will go Soroka early, but not sure what else.   I dread the KC/Det game, because I can't seem to get stacking vs. Bailey right this year, or stacking RW's Tigers.     Night side I was looking at E.Rod + Chirinos for SPs?   Neither slate has great SPs and mathups, so I guess that means it might be a day to throw in a LU that zags a little, especiall on that 4 game afternoon slate.  

Lost a couple bucks.  Up $1 on the early slate, down $3 on the later.   Had 100% Soroka in the early and a couple KC stacks.  Did 50% Bailey and 50% Darvish, and it was Darvish that tanked the other LUs.  

At night I didn't have nearly enough Houst and Bost.  I think I had Bregman + Brantley in a couple and had Machado at 3B for all the the others, but I was more on Philly (losing me $ again!!) and TB.   Most common SP pairing for me was Wheeler and Bassitt.  

Looks like weather might take out a couple games, but I am looking at Teheran, Porcello, Lopez as SPs, and narrowing in on Milw, Clev, Bost, Seattle bats.  

Hopefully you played your Seat stack today!
:no:

have 4 lus in, with a placeholder of Cleveland/boston/Milwaukee bats.  My intent was to switch to 2 Seattle stacks, but got pulled away from the internet and just had a couple minutes to adjust and did just a couple 1v1 switches.  Needless to say, that is not going well... 

Tried a couple 2x LUs today, and I am currently up a couple bucks, but there is still some baseball to be played.  I think I am comfortable in the 2x, but the SE gpp I put that same LU the line might catch up to it.  That's the good. The bad is I have a LU that scored only 28pts. :lol: I tried Hamels/Stroman to fit in Bost bats.   Devers, Bradley, JD Mart, X.Bog combined for 0pts and Brantley added in a 0.  

Tomorrow looks interesting again - Coors (but it's SF visiting), and have some decent SPs with Thor, Berrios, Strasburg, C.Smith, Nola, McHugh, Fried, etc.  but some are in tough matchups.  

Cashed in DK points for a $1 entry and cashed for $2.50. Used Hamels/Perez with Bos stack(0 points 3 guys) Hou stack and Molina.

Put a little back in FD and tried a cash LU and instantly regret it.  I didn't get the memo that JD Mart was going to be 60% owned, and I dont have him and his early HR.  

ETA- ugh- 55% owned on DK. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Put a little back in FD and tried a cash LU and instantly regret it.  I didn't get the memo that JD Mart was going to be 60% owned, and I dont have him and his early HR.  

ETA- ugh- 55% owned on DK. 
JD owned 28.3% in my giant gpp. I knew they'd be highly owned so faded Rsox- on purpose, they've been killing my lineups for weeks.

JD owned 28.3% in my giant gpp. I knew they'd be highly owned so faded Rsox- on purpose, they've been killing my lineups for weeks.
As usual I might have overreacted a tad, just one of those things that drives me crazy about cash contests and always seem to be caught off guard by ownership % and who is owned.   I am 3pts behind the line on FD thanks to Longoria getting a HR, and I still have Winker in the late games to hopefully help out.  On DK I am a bit above the line, but have 0 people in the night games so we will see.  

Oh and my DK $.10 lineup in a qualifier was even worse. Got SP right (Madbum/Smith) but my Cin,Hou+ LAD Taylor got a total of 13 points. Fiers of all people gets a no-no?!

Don't want to deal with Coors today so early only SE for $1 probably it 

Ray,Gomes,Moose,Shaw,Andrus,Gallo,Mazara,Melky and Braun

Coors might be a ppd, @Raging weasel 

Not sure if that matters tonight for you.  Probably just moves even more ownership onto Bost bats again.  

Ended up cashing in my cash entries on both sites last night.  Mostly due to having all the C.Smith and pairing him with Berrios and avoiding McHugh.  Trying again tonight with cash LuS on both sites and $1 worth of 25cent gpps on both.  

Gonna need some help again tonight.  

Full disclosure - a couple days ago I remembered that I tried sportsline for $1 about a month ago b/c of a podcast I listened to pimped something they were doing with SPs for season long drafts, so I tried it out.  Of course I forgot to cancel it it, so I still have it for a bit, and that's what I have been trying the last couple nights.   They don't have an LU builder or anything, but they do have an article where a pro posts their optimized LU for both sites and a gpp LU for both sites.  Been trying the optimized LU in a couple contests to see how it does.  It hit the first two nights, so we will see how it goes tonight, then I do the gpps from my ideas.   Tonight was an odd combo of players, and currently the Tigers are hurting the DK LUs.    Here is what they suggested tonight for optimized:

DK:  Sale/Skaggs - Alfaro-Ohearn-Russell-Turner-Seager-Joc-Rosario-Schwarber

FD: Sale - OHearn- Merrifield - Turner - Seager - JDMart - Grossman - Verdugo - Schwarber

It's odd watching the changes throughout the day.  at about 2:00 when I reserved the entries they had an Anderson/Hendricks combo on DK with 2-3Boston bats, then at the final update they have 0 bats from Bost?  I think the early FD LU was Hendricks with all 3 Boston OFs.  I didn't look, but was their wind in Wrigley and that's what got them off of that and had Schwarber pop up?

Going to pass on today's garbage split slate with it's over priced pitching options and weather issues. The only SP I like for price and matchup is Bassett.

Well, those LUs were bad last night - like bottom 10% of entries bad.  :lol:   Still not sure what got them on Skaggs.  I was going to do my own pivot and figure out how to switch to Hendricks instead of Skaggs, but ran out of time.  

Also not sure about today.  Might throw in a couple $1 gpps in, but like RW said - at first glance it looks like overpriced subpar SPs.   Probably still throw in a Seattle stack since I haven't been able to play them in a couple days.  ;)

Took the weekend off other than playing a $.25 contest on DK with a ticket on Sun. Used Norris/Giolitto with Hou and JDmart and finished 4/237 for $2.01.

Cashed $20 in DK PGA so have some funds on there again.

Good for him, but I forget after a few months away from baseball how damn annoying it is seeing Cpt. Spaulding at the top of every tournament that I am in.  0 clue what he/she is using for projections, but seems to be amazing accurate.  I am sure there are other pros at the top as much, but because of that avatar is sticks in my head more I guess.   Just don't know how somebody who plays that much is getting around what I thought DK's new limits were in an attempt to keep the high volume pros out of the 25cent and $1 gpps.  

The Baltimore Orioles own the top pick in this year's MLB Draft, and Oregon State's Adley Rutschman seems like the clear-cut pick.

Good for him, but I forget after a few months away from baseball how damn annoying it is seeing Cpt. Spaulding at the top of every tournament that I am in.  0 clue what he/she is using for projections, but seems to be amazing accurate.  I am sure there are other pros at the top as much, but because of that avatar is sticks in my head more I guess.   Just don't know how somebody who plays that much is getting around what I thought DK's new limits were in an attempt to keep the high volume pros out of the 25cent and $1 gpps.  
Yeah I see him in just about every DK contest too. 

Cashed for $3 in a $1 DK gpp last night using Sale/Woodruff and mostly Hou bats.

Cashed for $2.50 in a $1 FD SE using Bieber,Oak stack and couple LAD and Cle guys. Managed to pick the 1 Cle and LAD guy that put up a gooseegg. Was worried Oak scores would be wiped out as the game was suspended but looks like I'm good.

Missed cashing last night by 1.5 scoring 162pts.

Users who are viewing this thread