What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mom speaks out against Delta Air Lines passenger who allegedly fat-shamed her during flight (1 Viewer)

guy seems wrong about her size based on her picture

does anyone think she posted a recent pic?  

if so, then I would celebrate her sitting beside me ...

INSTEAD OF THE GIANT POS MOTHER ####ER SWEATING #### SUCKERS THAT USED TO HUNT ME DOWN 

*####### fat guy airline seat magnet.  

The fact is it doesn't matter, she shouldn't have been looking at his texts.  I don't care if she's a mom or not.  She's fat, she's looking for sympathy.  I bet she hates herself for being fat too.  Most all fat people do and I consider myself someone who could lose 30 and am trying.

Airlines need a solution for huge people...this is a very common issue.
Fat people should just fly Southwest Airlines. They have a “passenger of size” policy that lets you have an extra seat next to you for free (they’ll give you a “reserved” ticket to put on the seat next to you). They even let you preboard before the A group boards. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Fat people should just fly Southwest Airlines. They have a “passenger of size” policy that lets you have an extra seat next to you for free (they’ll give you a “reserved” ticket to put on the seat next to you). They even let you preboard before the A group boards. 
That would hurt their feelings though by singling them out. Instead society should just 100% accept them and deal with sitting next to them with a smile on their face.

I am way more upset siting next to folks getting hammered on flights.  Just the thought of them potentially hurling on me is far worse than the occasional body touch imo.  

Why does it matter that this was a Delta flight?
If she doesn’t say the airline she doesn’t get the chance at free stuff. I’m a big guy (not enough that I actually impact the person next to me but you aren’t going to get a lot of extra shoulder space). I always try to get the aisle seat because I don’t like if I have to sit next to another big guy.  It’s not terrible but there isn’t enough extra room. That said, I do dread seeing people coming on board that are huge. I sat next to a lady who reminded me of the fat lady suit that Schwarzenegger wore in Total Recall. It was the worst flight I’ve ever been on, I couldn’t have leaned more into the aisle without standing. It was disgusting, hot and my back hurt afterwards.

Sorry, two ton, I’m all in with this guy. Fat shaming walking down the street isn’t right, but you were most likely making his flight awful. Buy two tickets do you can expand as much as you want into a free seat. I don’t know how you don’t realize that your roll sitting on his leg, making him sweat, isn’t too much.

ETA: Didn’t realize there were pictures. I’m not 100% sure but she doesn’t look big enough to roll over the arm rest. If she’s his worst nightmare then maybe that picture doesn’t do her justice (she’s wider than that stall door) or he’s never endured the pain I have. I’m talking about the people that you have to put the armrest down so they aren’t sitting on your seat. 

Her picture looks like it was taken in a public restroom, probably at the airport. It’s not like she posted some airbrushed glamour shot. 
There are several possibilities for this scenario. 

Her actually not being big and this guy referring to her as a two tonner is pretty far down on the list of them. Her making the whole story up would be far more likely. 

So if it actually happened she is very likely quite large. 

We dont have much perspective for that photo. Is that a handicap stall behind her? How far from counter is she? 

"Would he have said that had I been a man?"

Yes, yes he would.  
Yep. I’ve flown a lot. I’d much rather sit next to a woman, far greater chance of being comfortable. Huge woman or huge man, doesn’t matter. Now, if it’s Nate Newton spilling onto me, I might not type an insult while he can read it. 

If it's this guy, then I think he's probably just projecting his own self hatred.  The person on the other end of that text must of been like, "Greg, you looked in the mirror lately?"

That said, her attitude about this sucks.  No, she doesn't have the right to take up as much space as she wants.  And no, people are just as fearful of fat men sitting beside them as fat women.  
Yeah, they both should lose some lbs...

But yeah, they both were out of line with their reactions.

There are several possibilities for this scenario. 

Her actually not being big and this guy referring to her as a two tonner is pretty far down on the list of them. Her making the whole story up would be far more likely. 

So if it actually happened she is very likely quite large. 

We dont have much perspective for that photo. Is that a handicap stall behind her? How far from counter is she? 
We have perspective from the iPhone.  Unless that's an iPad.

I do understand the guys feeling too.

Couple years ago I grabbed a last minute flight to visit my sick aunt in Florida. I was flying out of Orlando at 8am. It was in the summer and temps were hitting near 100, as I boarded the plane that was sitting there not running it seemed like 90 inside.  I always get ailse seats but since I booked last minute I have the second to last row window seat.

Plane is boarding and almost full and the 2 seats next to me are still empty so I am thinking this would be great if nobody sits here.   Then I see a overweight man and a woman, man is about 5-10 and well over 300, woman not much less lumbering down the aisle.  They can hardly fit in the aisle.  I am thinking "Oh no"  Of course they plop in the seats next to me totally invading my space and I feel like I am jammed against the window. I am 6-1 215 myself but looked tiny next to these 2.   We are in hot temps in Orlando and it was quite obvious neither one had showered that morning...I could hardly breath.

I ask.."Would you like the window seat?  No the guys says gruffly.   Now I am jammed against the window as the woman's fat arm is halfway into my seat., sweating and on the verge of a panic attack as I see no escape route should something happen.  We were already taxiing and ready for takeoff and I was thinking I have to get off..I can`t take 2 hours of this. 

As soon as we hit cruising altitude I got out to use the restroom and that was a 10 minute ordeal to get out of my seat..  I told the stewardess in back that I think I am having a panic attack or claustrophobia attack..she had already seen the 2 heffers and allowed me to sit in the jump seat for 30-40 minutes until I was calm and regrouped mentally.  They were actually very understanding and said they would be the same way. It was a horrible experience.

I've heard of being able to use jump seat in back galley for this situation alot.  They can't land with you in it, but you can spend damn near the whole flight there if you have some fatties near you.

That would hurt their feelings though by singling them out. Instead society should just 100% accept them and deal with sitting next to them with a smile on their face.
You’re probably right with a lot of fat people. Or most are too embarrassed to walk up to the ticket counter and say, “I’d like to take advantage of the passenger of size policy”. 

I’m a big guy. 6’1”, 352 lbs. October 1st I was 396 (my highest weight). If I’m flying by myself, I only fly Southwest, so no one has to sit next to me. If if flying with my family, I’ll fly other airlines, and put my 3 year old between my wife and I. 

I’m having gastric bypass surgery tomorrow morning, and I plan on continuing to take advantage of Southwest’s policy until someone tells me, “Sir, you don’t need an extra seat”. 

I do understand the guys feeling too.

Couple years ago I grabbed a last minute flight to visit my sick aunt in Florida. I was flying out of Orlando at 8am. It was in the summer and temps were hitting near 100, as I boarded the plane that was sitting there not running it seemed like 90 inside.  I always get ailse seats but since I booked last minute I have the second to last row window seat.

Plane is boarding and almost full and the 2 seats next to me are still empty so I am thinking this would be great if nobody sits here.   Then I see a overweight man and a woman, man is about 5-10 and well over 300, woman not much less lumbering down the aisle.  They can hardly fit in the aisle.  I am thinking "Oh no"  Of course they plop in the seats next to me totally invading my space and I feel like I am jammed against the window. I am 6-1 215 myself but looked tiny next to these 2.   We are in hot temps in Orlando and it was quite obvious neither one had showered that morning...I could hardly breath.

I ask.."Would you like the window seat?  No the guys says gruffly.   Now I am jammed against the window as the woman's fat arm is halfway into my seat., sweating and on the verge of a panic attack as I see no escape route should something happen.  We were already taxiing and ready for takeoff and I was thinking I have to get off..I can`t take 2 hours of this. 

As soon as we hit cruising altitude I got out to use the restroom and that was a 10 minute ordeal to get out of my seat..  I told the stewardess in back that I think I am having a panic attack or claustrophobia attack..she had already seen the 2 heffers and allowed me to sit in the jump seat for 30-40 minutes until I was calm and regrouped mentally.  They were actually very understanding and said they would be the same way. It was a horrible experience.
That’s the reason I always choose an aisle seat when I can. In my story above, it wasn’t the lady’s arm that bothered me most. It was the roll of fat that went over the armrest sitting on my leg. I would have had to get up like you if I wasn’t in the aisle. I don’t like middle seats but being squished into the window would have been horrific. 

Looks of the picture, she prob is pushing 250 lbs, imo. Big woman, but not shaking the ground when she walks by. She shouldn't be reading the dudes text messages, that's on her, not him. 

Funny story:

Maybe 8-9 years ago, I was looped into a work travel thing last minute. A travel coordinator at my company booked my flight, I was in a middle seat and the flight was sold out. At the gate, a bunch of coworkers were sitting around, one of them had the aisle in the row in front of me, I offered him $20 to switch seats, after some negotiation, we settled on $30. Long flight, NY to SF... I get to my seat, sit down, and smile that I'm not in the middle. 

Coworker is sitting right behind me and this smokeshow comes down the aisle, plops down right next to him. Another milf comes down the aisle, sits down on the other side of him. As it looks like the middle of my row will be unoccupied, one of the last people to get on the plane is this monstrosity of a man, looks like he hadn't showered in days either - dude on the window of this row and me look at each other and knew our flight was ruined. Fat #### smelt so bad, guarantee this guy rides the rascal around Walmart too. This guy should've been required to buy the row. 

Text my coworker behind me to switch back, he declined. I Could not have played that one worse.  

Do we have a real picture of this cow?  Phone bounced off glass can be misleading. 

From what I see I don't think she's oozing over the arm rest. 

Fat women are worse to sit to than men. They catch fat in gluteal femoral region and men is more belly.  That makes women far more a problem on a plane than a dude. 

Look we all think this kind of stuff about each other all the time.    From what I can tell from the story the man didn't say anything disrespectful to her.  This woman had no business reading his texts and worse was confronting him about it.    She is the obnoxious one in this story IMO and it doesn't have anything to do with her weight.

You’re probably right with a lot of fat people. Or most are too embarrassed to walk up to the ticket counter and say, “I’d like to take advantage of the passenger of size policy”. 

I’m a big guy. 6’1”, 352 lbs. October 1st I was 396 (my highest weight). If I’m flying by myself, I only fly Southwest, so no one has to sit next to me. If if flying with my family, I’ll fly other airlines, and put my 3 year old between my wife and I. 

I’m having gastric bypass surgery tomorrow morning, and I plan on continuing to take advantage of Southwest’s policy until someone tells me, “Sir, you don’t need an extra seat”. 
Good luck with your surgery!

Is this a good place for the Gillette commercial?   Guy fat shames a woman trying to get a seat on the plane? 

I mean I’m all for jumping to conclusions and flying off the handle without all the facts, but how do we even know that his texts really said what she claims or even if the texts were referring  her?

I mean I’m all for jumping to conclusions and flying off the handle without all the facts, but how do we even know that his texts really said what she claims or even if the texts were referring  her?
We dont. We have zero proof that this actually happened at all. I think all her stuff is now private too. 

I eat salad ok? wtf...

ETA: All three of those people suck. The two fatties were together. People that go aisle and window on flights suck. Especially two mammoths. 
Wife & I book window/aisle in the hopes of nobody booking the middle. If someone takes it, we offer to switch. 

Wife & I book window/aisle in the hopes of nobody booking the middle. If someone takes it, we offer to switch. 
This can’t work out for you too often right? Flights these days are pretty much always at capacity. And if not, standby passengers fill in those holes.

This can’t work out for you too often right? Flights these days are pretty much always at capacity. And if not, standby passengers fill in those holes.
Premium Economy about a 33% success rate. Nobody wants to pay extra for a middle seat.

I dont hate on overweight people on planes. Being fat is a tough gig and I'm sure they dont like the searing arrangements either.

The fattening of america. Pay attention to the TV commercials ... pizza, burgers, tacos ... constant suggestive marketing.

And how convenient that we don't even have to get out of our car and burn a calorie  ... just drive on up and they'll hand you 1000 calories thru your car window.

Here's proof that Americans are way too fat ....

A recent flight that I was on ... they ran out of seat belt extensions. Literally did not have enough of them for all of the fatties on the plane. 

The fattening of america. Pay attention to the TV commercials ... pizza, burgers, tacos ... constant suggestive marketing.

And how convenient that we don't even have to get out of our car and burn a calorie  ... just drive on up and they'll hand you 1000 calories thru your car window.

Here's proof that Americans are way too fat ....

A recent flight that I was on ... they ran out of seat belt extensions. Literally did not have enough of them for all of the fatties on the plane. 
Seems like an odd complaint (statement, whatever) given your icon. Or was that loaded up just for this post?

I do hate it when big fat people sit next to me.  True story.
Would you care as much if you had a Doctor recommended body fat percentage?   

I imagine the answer is still yes.  And, I agree.  Being Canadian I just deal with it.  On short halls only obvs.   I’m a fbg, so I fly biz on any flight that has it.   Eat all that cheese, ice cream and warm cookie, fatty.  You’re still not going to infringe on my space.  

Seems like an odd complaint (statement, whatever) given your icon. Or was that loaded up just for this post?
Nope. I loaded that up for the "topless men Icon" rage that since has died to my dismay.

Sure I look buff in that shot ... but you should have seen me BEFORE I started working out.

How about an airline that provides "full partition" seating.

I'm talking floor to headreast barrier that prevents one from spilling over into an others area.

"Oh, I'm sorry ma'am. You don't fit between the partition and the window? You'll need to pay for a second seat and we'll remove the partition."

and is there such a thing as a decibel meter for odor? BO, perfume, cologne, ... some people just shouldn't be allowed to fly on smell factor alone.

Users who are viewing this thread