What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Monday Night Football - Colts vs. Chargers (-3.5, 44.5) (1 Viewer)

Well it was nice having Derwin with us for a quarter after missing the last 2 games. I think he gave himself a concussion along with the receiver.

The 46 defense was named after Doug Plank... a safety who did nothing but hit opposing players in a similar manner.

But yeah, I'm glad the game is evolving from that.

Also, as much as I think hits like James just did should be illegal, I think there is certainly an argument another person at fault is Foles.

Wow, Aikman basically just said what I was thinking. Not sure how I feel about that.

Back in the 80’s and early 90’s that was Ronnie Lott every Sunday.
The “woo hit”.

I’m glad it’s been outlawed.
Lott hitting Icky Woods in the 88 super bowl was my favorite. Clean hit too. Took all the fight out of Icky the rest of the game
Lott was a cruise missile man. A man’s man as far as toughness, grit and being a gamer….oh did I just glorify football players who played in the golden age of the NFL? Is that now frowned upon?

The “woo hit”.

Lott hitting Icky Woods in the 88 super bowl was my favorite. Clean hit too. Took all the fight out of Icky the rest of the game
Lott was a cruise missile man. A man’s man as far as toughness, grit and being a gamer….oh did I just glorify football players who played in the golden age of the NFL? Is that now frowned upon?
No, he was awesome then. And it’s also good the NFL is cracking down now on brain damaging hits. Why create a false dichotomy between these things?

The “woo hit”.

Not by me

These teams taking their defensive timeouts in these situations to end the half are just gifting the offense to not have to hurry and allowing them to run at will since they never have to use their own. Considering how terrible Colts offense has been I would think you just want to run out the clock and hope you hold them to a FG. If you get the ball back heck you could go 3 and out and give them chance for more pts.

The “woo hit”.

No, he was awesome then. And it’s also good the NFL is cracking down now on brain damaging hits. Why create a false dichotomy between these things?
I don’t disagree….I was
Just being sarcastic. There is no place for dirty hits.

Herbert has thrown 2 TD passes in the last 4 games.
(3 1/2)
I need him to throw at least 3 tonight.
Realistic?

The “woo hit”.

Exactly - Lott is my favorite player of all time. And I’m glad they’ve outlawed the leading with the helmet/defenseless receiver.

Also Lott is a tough SOB (cut it off!) and a genuinely nice human when I met him.

My IDP redraft league is named after him.

I have watched so much football over the last 5 days that I can scarcely comprehend the Jags-Jets game took place during the same week of games that is still ongoing

Herbert has thrown 2 TD passes in the last 4 games.
(3 1/2)
I need him to throw at least 3 tonight.
Realistic?
Given that the chargers are incapable of scoring in the third quarter, it'll have to be a heck of a fourth.
Huh... never noticed that. Yep, they've been shut out in the 3rd quarter in half their games this year and have never scored more than once in that quarter in any game.

Herbert’s arm is ridiculous. Reminds me of Marino. Throws lasers but they are somehow very catchable despite the velocity

Aikman makes a good point. Colts are averaging over 5 yards a carry tonight and the Chargers give up more yards per carry than any other team. It's a one-score game, why has Indy only ran nine times tonight?

Users who are viewing this thread