What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Money Mover/ Meebo toolbar (1 Viewer)

elshagon

Footballguy
I keep seeing this "Money Mover - Meebo" toolbar at the bottom of the page. Anyone else have it? Wondering if my pc has malware on it or if this is a new footballguys site feature? If it's part of footballguys it sure looks like popup virus or malware.

At least I know now it's not a virus :confused: You think they could place an ad in a more traditional way like the top of the page than to make it look like my computer is infected.

I sent an email to a few people (Joe, David, Keith) to get more info on this, and I also sent them links to this thread and the one in the FFA.

More details to come.

Hey Guys,

If you don't like the bar, look down at the lower right corner - there is a double-down arrow that if you click it, it hides the toolbar and takes it completely out of the screen, along with that animation in the lower left corner.

MW

I'm all for FBG turning a profit and using advertising as part of it, but that said ads such as this mimick what toolbars do which many people avoid like the plague. First thing I thought was "WTF did I install to get this toolbar, did I forget to check a box to not install it?" These are often malware or spyware. Now that I know it's just an ad that's all fine and good, just wish it was a traditional ad. Guess I need to finally install an ad blocker.

Hey Guys,If you don't like the bar, look down at the lower right corner - there is a double-down arrow that if you click it, it hides the toolbar and takes it completely out of the screen, along with that animation in the lower left corner.MW
Thanks for pointing that out, hope I don't have to hide it every time I reload the page....

Just another reason to subscribe elsewhere next year
:goodposting:I thought paying $25 for fantasy football info plus proceeds from huge FF tournaments with a far below 100% payout would be more than enough to keep tacky little toolbars off the forums.Can I expect an AdultFriendFinder triple popup next week? It's a slippery slope, fellas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys,If you don't like the bar, look down at the lower right corner - there is a double-down arrow that if you click it, it hides the toolbar and takes it completely out of the screen, along with that animation in the lower left corner.MW
Thanks for pointing that out, hope I don't have to hide it every time I reload the page....
Seems to be how it works for me.

It has the feel of malware because you cant scroll past it like you could the previous bar at the top.
It has the feel of malware because it pops up all over the page.It has the feel of crapware because it hides what one is doing a FIND on in Firefox (as firefox brings the next found instance just above the bottom of the focus, which is hidden by the Meebo bar.

Although I am not a fan, one can make an argument that the banner on the bottom is OK since the forum is free, but on the PAID FOR subscriber content????

:yucky:

I paid for a subscription (I know it's for premium content and not for the forum) so getting the ad bar at the bottom is annoying. Plus it interferes with highlight, cutting, and pasting when responding to posts.

I would much rather have the ad tagged at the top of the page (as typically would be the case) rather than an invasive tool bar that I have to minimize to keep out of the way when trying to make use of the website.

:goodposting:I thought paying $25 for fantasy football info plus proceeds from huge FF tournaments with a far below 100% payout would be more than enough to keep tacky little toolbars off the forums.Can I expect an AdultFriendFinder triple popup next week? It's a slippery slope, fellas.
I agree. very tacky , Not cool, Did you think we wouldnt notice this? I nearly switched to another site this year but decided to stay.why didnt you guys put this up 2 months ago if you were hurting for cash? And to top it all off i just got on my wife for down loading this stupid tool bar before i was this post.

:goodposting: I thought paying $25 for fantasy football info plus proceeds from huge FF tournaments with a far below 100% payout would be more than enough to keep tacky little toolbars off the forums.

Can I expect an AdultFriendFinder triple popup next week? It's a slippery slope, fellas.
I agree. very tacky , Not cool, Did you think we wouldnt notice this? I nearly switched to another site this year but decided to stay.why didnt you guys put this up 2 months ago if you were hurting for cash? And to top it all off i just got on my wife for down loading this stupid tool bar before i was this post.
I think the point of ads if for you to notice them.

Lot of good comedy up in here! :cry:

Just minimize it and it's gone. Sheesh, lots of hand holding required these days. Your mommas still cut your steak for you?

If you minimize the thing into the little arrow in the lower right corner not too bad. I do like that the top ad bar is gone. I hated that thing, at least this can be minimized.

No one likes change, but if the choices are big ad bar across the top vs little arrow box in the lower right corner then I choose the 2nd.

You watch TV in a night and unless you DVR everything you are going to watch ads no matter what, including all the live football we like to watch. I think an email could have been sent out or a pinned thread announcing the plans would have helped, but what's done is done.

Last edited by a moderator:
:goodposting: I thought paying $25 for fantasy football info plus proceeds from huge FF tournaments with a far below 100% payout would be more than enough to keep tacky little toolbars off the forums.

Can I expect an AdultFriendFinder triple popup next week? It's a slippery slope, fellas.
I think the point of ads if for you to notice them.
Unless they're subliminal...

I have no issue with the ad bar on the forum, that's a free area but I think its absolute BS that that thing is there on the subscriber only pages.

What other FF sites are anywhere close to as good as this one?

I have no issue with the ad bar on the forum, that's a free area but I think its absolute BS that that thing is there on the subscriber only pages.
The forum is a free area and a great resource. It'd be a shame to see FBG move to a subscriber only forum, and that is from someone who has been a subscriber for many years. However, the ad bar is quite annoying and I'm pretty surprised FBGs didn't at least make an announcement about it since it seemed to create a lot of confusion.For many years I've thought FBGs was the top site around for fantasy football info but little things like this start to show as chinks in the armor. I never really even considered trying to find a different pay site to subscribe to, but if little annoyances like that continue to increase I'd have to at least consider it. :thumbdown:

I really dislike the toolbar. It does have that spyware feel, even if it may not be. However, this is part of the business model that FBG is going with. They really don't go that extra mile like I feel they use to. Perhaps that is because it's just harder to eclipse the competition nowadays and it's less about being the best and more about profit. Understandable, but disappointing. I really don't like forums with popups and toolbars, it just seems to bog things down and make them glitchy at times. Forums that are largely text based are fast and efficient, when you start adding in all the fancy stuff it can become a hassle when they don't work properly or are in distracting places.

Little things are starting to add up and the writing may be on the wall somewhat. The audible changed, the RSP is extra now, no offensive line depth charts (what a joke), draft dominator is not updated properly year to year (still defensive scoring customization issues, and limited flex customization.) If they get enough spam clickthroughs will these issues be fixed? I highly doubt it, but who knows sometimes they listen.

I really dislike the toolbar. It does have that spyware feel, even if it may not be. However, this is part of the business model that FBG is going with. They really don't go that extra mile like I feel they use to. Perhaps that is because it's just harder to eclipse the competition nowadays and it's less about being the best and more about profit. Understandable, but disappointing. I really don't like forums with popups and toolbars, it just seems to bog things down and make them glitchy at times. Forums that are largely text based are fast and efficient, when you start adding in all the fancy stuff it can become a hassle when they don't work properly or are in distracting places.Little things are starting to add up and the writing may be on the wall somewhat. The audible changed, the RSP is extra now, no offensive line depth charts (what a joke), draft dominator is not updated properly year to year (still defensive scoring customization issues, and limited flex customization.) If they get enough spam clickthroughs will these issues be fixed? I highly doubt it, but who knows sometimes they listen.
What changed with The Audible, was going to tune in tonight for the first time in awhile.Last time I listened it did seem like they didnt hit up the forum thread questions as much, dont know if thats what you mean.

It has the feel of malware because you cant scroll past it like you could the previous bar at the top.
:goodposting: I thought it was malware too. I ran a scan and came up with nothing. Thankfully I saw this post.I don't mind ads if the site needs them. Just give us a heads up if it's a strange one like this little toolbar thingy seems to be. Very weird looking ad.

I have Ad Blocker Plus installed in Chrome and I never new this toolbar existed until I saw this thread.

I have Ad Blocker Plus installed in Chrome and I never new this toolbar existed until I saw this thread.
Small trade off. Chrome is tracking everything you do. Look up "Deep Packet Inspection".Maybe I shouldn't have responded here. It's just seeing someone bragging about Chrome blocking an ad is so ironic.

Users who are viewing this thread