What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Moss' Agent says he is going to the Raiders (1 Viewer)

I actually thought that any Moss to the Raiders deal would include a sign and trade of Porter to make it equal. I don't like this at all and I hope there is no validity to it.P.S. The Vikes are NOT happy with E.J. Henderson in the middle because he loses his head too easily. He makes stupid mistakes and shoots the wrong gap. I thought they would resign Claibourn (which they still might) and move him to the middle.

I'm still trying to understand how a team that is up for sale, and may have a sale pending, trades away it's biggest asset. Shouldn't that be the new owner's decision?

I still don't know what the fascination is with moving Moss for the Vikes. What has he done other than prove to be the best WR in the game...basically from the moment he was a rookie and on?

Folks can point out his personal...ah, idiosynchrasies...but he's never been busted for drugs, hitting his womens, drunk driving, or rape. Note that all of those things are old hat for the Vikes and most of the NFL.
I'm guessing the Vikes saw how much it helped the niners to trade TO and want to repeat that feat.
pod :thumbup:

There has to be more for the Vikings. HAS TO BE. If not, Al Davis gets a little cleaning off for this.However, I am a Pats fan, and even I recognize how important a good locker room is. Moss may be a machine, but I think his act really distracts the team and causes problems. IMO, this deal may be like the LT2/Vick one. It will be tough to tell if it helps or hurts both sides.

CBS sportsline jumping on the bandwagon...

Randy Moss, WR MINNews: The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports a person with knowledge of the situation said the Vikings and Oakland Raiders have agreed to a trade that will send Randy Moss to the Raiders in exchange for the seventh overall pick in this year's draft, LB Napoleon Harris and a low-round draft pick this year. Analysis: This deal is monumental from a Fantasy perspective and effects several players on each team. Since the Raiders love to throw the ball, the move shouldn't make Moss less attractive in drafts.

I'm still trying to understand how a team that is up for sale, and may have a sale pending, trades away it's biggest asset. Shouldn't that be the new owner's decision?
There's no guarantee that the team will be traded anytime soon. This current purchase plan is very shaky. McCombs has been trying to sell for a few years now. No telling when he will be able to actually sell.

would have to believe that if the new owner gets this sale past the NFL heads, this could change, considering he made it clear he wants Moss if he owns the Vikes

KFAN reporter was just saying that he thinks this was leaked on purpose to try and drive Moss' asking price up. From what I heard a few days ago, the Raiders wouldn't do the deal unless Moss restructured or they couldn't afford it and he refused to restructure, but I just don't see how this would drive Moss' value up....

Okay, soooo earlier yesterday I passed on Nate Burleson for Keary Colbert and just over an hour ago I selected David Carr (2nd QB) over Kerry Collins. (The next guy hasn't picked yet, but, heh, I think we all know who he's picking).

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is going to hurt Moss fantasy-wise a lot more than it will hurt Daunte, especially if they bring in one of the cap casualties and/or Braylon.

All I know is if this deal does go through I'm not drafting Duante or Randy in any redraft leagues I play in next year. Yes, Duante did fine without Randy in for the few games he was completely out. But, they played 4 of the 10 worst defenses in the league and it was still shown that his production fell. Yes, he might of thrown for 3900 yards and 26 touchdowns to receivers not named Randy, but how many of them had double or triple coverage at the time? (Just saying that Randy opens up those other receivers). Without Randy, Duante is a 3500, 25 TD guy (not bad, but definitely not elite anymore)

Plenty of good free agent WRs for Minny to acquire. If they can't acquire a good free agent WR, they could trade one of their RBs for one.

heard it on espnradio and wfan. it's for their 1st round pick (7, i think), napoleon harris and "another low round pick." have to say, with all of the talk about coaches and veteran players who could keep randy in line, oakland did not come to mind...

All I know is if this deal does go through I'm not drafting Duante or Randy in any redraft leagues I play in next year. Yes, Duante did fine without Randy in for the few games he was completely out. But, they played 4 of the 10 worst defenses in the league and it was still shown that his production fell. Yes, he might of thrown for 3900 yards and 26 touchdowns to receivers not named Randy, but how many of them had double or triple coverage at the time? (Just saying that Randy opens up those other receivers). Without Randy, Duante is a 3500, 25 TD guy (not bad, but definitely not elite anymore)
Daunte is still elite--he has become one of the best 5 passers in the league. They'll sign a free agent WR and/or draft Braylon. Daunte will be just fine.For a laugh though, check out the guys in the Zealots draft thread still trying to justify Moss as a solid pick at #12.

My f'n head is spinning. I've been so conditioned to HATE this guy from a personal standpoint over the past few years, but I'm not blind to the fact that we're getting the best WR in football.Maybe he has his good points... :D

This is going to hurt Moss fantasy-wise a lot more than it will hurt Daunte, especially if they bring in one of the cap casualties and/or Braylon.
Yeah, it's really going to hurt Moss to be the offensive centerpiece of a gameplan that calls for a lot of deep passes, because we all know he sucks at catching those.

Yeah, it's really going to hurt Moss to be the offensive centerpiece of a gameplan that calls for a lot of deep passes, because we all know he sucks at catching those.
No--he's been that for a while. What will hurt is having Kerry Collins throwing him the ball instead of Daunte. Lots of balls that Daunte gets to him won't ever even leave Kerry's hand.

Reported that it's not Harris but instead Phillip Buchanon...Moss on the move Don Banks, SI.comThe Minnesota Vikings have reached an agreement in principle to trade Pro Bowl receiver Randy Moss to the Oakland Raiders, a source close to the situation told SI.com on Wednesday.The deal involving Moss cannot be consummated until March 2, the first day of the league's new financial year. But a source of the trade talks between the Raiders and Vikings said a trade is "likely" and that compensation has been agreed to. The Vikings will receive Oakland's first-round pick this year (No. 7) and an unidentified veteran player -- possibly cornerback Philip Buchanon."There are still some hurdles," the source said. "It's not a slam dunk. But the deal is in place."If completed, the trade of Moss will give the Raiders one of the deepest receiving corps in the NFL. Oakland reached a contract agreement Tuesday with potential free agent Jerry Porter.

Plenty of good free agent WRs for Minny to acquire. If they can't acquire a good free agent WR, they could trade one of their RBs for one.
Derrick Mason come on up! Welcome to a top 10 fantasy WR ranking!

i cant wait for the

"transplant wrs dont produce on their new teams in year 1" thread

:popcorn:
I think TO and Coles have done enough to not worry about Moss from that standpoint. LOL at the guy who said he wouldn't take Moss in his redraft.

:rotflmao: He clearly just hates Moss for one reason or the other.

Playing the Chiefs twice won't exactly hurt either. :popcorn: FWIW, I own Daunte in one league, just drafted Moss @ 1.13 in another (Gamebreakers) I still feel Moss is a steal at 13, in a no RB mandatory league.

Collins.... value? :unsure:

Wow, this is shaping up to be a fun offseason! It'll be interesting to see how this affects Culpepper's value. I still can't fathom him not being there when I pick at #30 (after my 2 protects).-QG

This would be a great fit--but they'll probably just draft Braylon.

My .02:I don't think this changes Moss' value much if at all. Collins isn't Culpepper, but he's a fine deep passer. Much better that Moss end up here than *gulp* Baltimore.Culpepper's value has to take a hit, but he still put up good numbers last year without Moss, so I wouldn't overreact if I were a Culpepper owner. Dropping him from the 2nd to 3rd (probably behind McNabb) seems about right.Obviously Collins' value shoots up. He's got unbelievable weapons at his disposal and a gameplan that fits his skills. I would imagine he'll be immediately drafted in most Z leagues despite his age. As a Nate Burleson owner in another league, I am :pickle:

Am I dreaming this, or didn't John Clayton just report LAST NIGHT that there were talks about Moss to Oakland, but Moss was unwilling to restructure his deal, so it fell through.

Also mentioned was the fact that Moss would only go to Atlanta or Baltimore.

Plenty of good free agent WRs for Minny to acquire.  If they can't acquire a good free agent WR, they could trade one of their RBs for one.
Maybe, although Burress is the better fit IMO

No--he's been that for a while. What will hurt is having Kerry Collins throwing him the ball instead of Daunte. Lots of balls that Daunte gets to him won't ever even leave Kerry's hand.
I disagree Collins throws one of the best deep balls in the league and you see what happenend when he finally developed chemistry with Porter.

I disagree Collins throws one of the best deep balls in the league and you see what happenend when he finally developed chemistry with Porter.
Collins can throw deep, but can he avoid the sack like Culpepper can?

Plenty of good free agent WRs for Minny to acquire.  If they can't acquire a good free agent WR, they could trade one of their RBs for one.
Indeed, and it's not as if Mason hasn't done it before. :)

KFAN reporter was just saying that he thinks this was leaked on purpose to try and drive Moss' asking price up. From what I heard a few days ago, the Raiders wouldn't do the deal unless Moss restructured or they couldn't afford it and he refused to restructure, but I just don't see how this would drive Moss' value up....
The article says that Moss' agent is the one providing the information... not the Vikes. Why would his agent try to drive the price up?

No. Which is why, as I said, lots of balls that Daunte would have hit him with will never even leave Kerry's hand. The fact that we're holding Kerry Collins up to Daunte Culpepper is hilarious. Kerry is not nearly as good as Daunte, and Moss will feel the effect of that.

Indeed, and it's not as if Mason hasn't done it before. :)
Best fit IMO - he's a pro - he's tested and would be a monster in that system. Much better fit than Plexiglass and Laverne. This should be a no brainer for all involved.

Well, let's not forget that Moss made Jeff George a good fantasy producer. I would think that Moss/Porter/Curry to throw the ball to would be every bit as juicy as Moss/Carter back in 2000. I still think that Moss won't do as well as he could in Minnesota as he and Duante had chemistry, but I do think Kerry Collins is worth a look next year.

No. Which is why, as I said, lots of balls that Daunte would have hit him with will never even leave Kerry's hand. The fact that we're holding Kerry Collins up to Daunte Culpepper is hilarious. Kerry is not nearly as good as Daunte, and Moss will feel the effect of that.
Yeah becasue George and Frerotte were just leaving people in their dust ala Mike Vick. :lol:

So, we are supposed to believe: 1) that they actively shopped him; and 2) that the best offer they received was a first rounder and Napoleon Harris.I'm thinking that these two facts can't both be true. Or else we scratch Napoleon Harris for someone else as SI.com is reporting. I can't believe that Billick or some GM wouldn't give the Vikings a better offer.

What does this do to the value of Porter? Does he go up cause he is now a number two and gets the number 2 cb all the time? Or go down because Moss takes to many looks away from him?

...and the Raiders defense goes from bad to worst. Moss is going to have to average 10-150-3 every week just to keep the Raiders in the game.

The Raiders better not do this. I like Porter and Curry and even Gabriel...add in Teyo and Anderson...and get a RB like Jordan and that offense is set. Keep Harris, use the pick on defense and try to stop teams from scoring 30+ per week on you.
:thumbdown: You don't pass on Randy Moss, especially at this price tag.
Sure, Moss is an unbelievable talent but I don't think he's a champion...or at least he hasn't shown it yet. He doesn't have the attitude, willingness, desire, work ethic, intelligence, teamwork, etc. I don't think Moss makes the Raiders a better team. A better offense...sure. But what's the saying?...defense wins championships. NE and Belichick have it right....only sign talented, hard working and above all intelligent players with no huge egos. Moss has one of those four qualities.

I stand by what I say. Don't trade for Moss...(unless your planning to shop Porter for defense, which I don't see happening) Upgrade your defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread