What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Move Over Bacon... What Happened to Sizzlean? (1 Viewer)

Koya

Footballguy
For some inexplicable reason, middle of an internal meeting at work, "Move Over Bacon... It's Time for Something MEATIER!!!" takes over my thoughts. All consuming.

WTF ever happened to Sizzlean?

They stopped selling it about 10 years ago. Made from the pork shoulder instead of the belly. You can still buy beef bacon that is leaner than regular bacon or you can just fry strips of pork shoulder but no more Sizzlean.

They stopped selling it about 10 years ago. Made from the pork shoulder instead of the belly. You can still buy beef bacon that is leaner than regular bacon or you can just fry strips of pork shoulder but no more Sizzlean.
Beef bacon is just not right. Yuck.

I vaguely remember that it was also supposed to microwave better than bacon, which was a selling point as microwave ovens were just becoming a staple of kitchens and the less likelihood of error in cooking would have made it an attractive alternative.

brohans you go to go to a real butcher for meat right now i hit bunzels on burliegh you just get better stuff from a butcher than out of a freezer section at a big box store help out the little guy and keep america great take that to the bank bromigos

Users who are viewing this thread