What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mr. Coles (1 Viewer)

Here's how No. 1 WRs have done against the Packers this season:

Week 1: Muhammad 6-102-0

Week 2: Horn 5-88-0

Week 3: R.Williams 7-138-1

Week 4: Stallworth 1-26 (suffered an injury)

Week 5: Holt 3-40-1

Week 7: Chambers 2-29-0

Week 8: Boldin 4-47-0

Week 9: Evans 2-58-1

Week 10: T.Taylor 3-28-0 (but it's the Vikings)

Week 11: Caldwell 3-70-1

Week 12: Jackson 2-20-1

Here's how No. 1 WRs have done against the Packers this season:Week 1: Muhammad 6-102-0Week 2: Horn 5-88-0Week 3: R.Williams 7-138-1Week 4: Stallworth 1-26 (suffered an injury)Week 5: Holt 3-40-1Week 7: Chambers 2-29-0Week 8: Boldin 4-47-0Week 9: Evans 2-58-1Week 10: T.Taylor 3-28-0 (but it's the Vikings) Week 11: Caldwell 3-70-1Week 12: Jackson 2-20-1
:goodposting:

Here's how No. 1 WRs have done against the Packers this season:Week 1: Muhammad 6-102-0Week 2: Horn 5-88-0Week 3: R.Williams 7-138-1Week 4: Stallworth 1-26 (suffered an injury)Week 5: Holt 3-40-1Week 7: Chambers 2-29-0Week 8: Boldin 4-47-0Week 9: Evans 2-58-1Week 10: T.Taylor 3-28-0 (but it's the Vikings) Week 11: Caldwell 3-70-1Week 12: Jackson 2-20-1
I'm real confused about Coles ranking this week also. Every site I look at has him around the top 10 but I just don't see it. Harris and Woodson are pretty good corners, in my opinion. I don't see Coles getting that many catches this week looking over these stats. I have him in a PPR league and 3-4 catches and 1 TD is not top 10 in my league. Willie

I'm real confused about Coles ranking this week also. Every site I look at has him around the top 10 but I just don't see it. Harris and Woodson are pretty good corners, in my opinion. I don't see Coles getting that many catches this week looking over these stats. I have him in a PPR league and 3-4 catches and 1 TD is not top 10 in my league. Willie
Harris hasn't been as consistent as he has been in recent seasons. Woodson has done some good things (and he's clearly been a massive upgrade over Ahmad Carroll) but I wouldn't view him as an elite CB by any means. The Packers' pass defense is horrible. If I had Coles or Cotchery, I'd start them with confidence this week if I needed them.

Harris hasn't been as consistent as he has been in recent seasons. Woodson has done some good things (and he's clearly been a massive upgrade over Ahmad Carroll) but I wouldn't view him as an elite CB by any means. The Packers' pass defense is horrible. If I had Coles or Cotchery, I'd start them with confidence this week if I needed them.
Remember that the Packers safeties have been atrocious in pass coverage this year. Moreover, Nick Collins is out and they're starting a rookie in his place. They have been burned by big plays in the passing game all year. I like Coles tomorrow.

38-646-5Conversely, here's how No.2 WRs have done against the Packers this season:Week 1: Berrian 1-49-1Week 2: Colston 4-58-1Week 3: Furrey 3-38-0Week 4: Lewis 2-75-2Week 5: Bruce 2-23-0 (Curtis 3-21-1)Week 7: Booker 7-110-1Week 8: Walters 5-54-1Week 9: Price 1-6-0Week 10: McMullen 3-64-1Week 11: T.Brown 4-26-0Week 12: Branch 4-38-0 (worth noting Hackett 5-67-1)WR1: 38-646-5WR2: 36-541-7It's worth noting that WR2s are having about as much success against the Packers, and that should tell you that Cotchery is the better play here.While WR1 averages go down against the Packers, WR2 averages go up.Also consider the quality of a lot of these WR2s (Walters, McMullen, etc) that are putting up numbers against the Pack

Last edited:
Coles is the #1 option in the Jets offense...can't bench him.
I agree. There might be some over analysis here. In the last two weeks Green Bay has yielded 7 passing TD's. The Jets have a poor rushing attack and must pass. What's not to like here with Coles? Listing T Taylor and R Caldwell as #1 WR is a bit of a stretch. Coles is far superior to either and has a good shot at 100 yards and 1 TD.

WR1: 38-646-5WR2: 36-541-7It's worth noting that WR2s are having about as much success against the Packers, and that should tell you that Cotchery is the better play here.While WR1 averages go down against the Packers, WR2 averages go up.Also consider the quality of a lot of these WR2s (Walters, McMullen, etc) that are putting up numbers against the Pack
:goodposting: My first thought after seeing packerfan's posting was how WR2's did vs the Pack.Fabulous work, MLBrandow !

GiantsFan56 said:
Coles is the #1 option in the Jets offense...can't bench him.
The voice of reason.
That may be true, but Cotchery has outproduced Coles six times this year in 11 games.There's a good likelihood he outproduces Coles again against the Pack.I'm really hoping this game turns into a shootout, but we shall see.

Today's weather in Green Bay:

Today: Morning flurries with a chance of snow showers late. High around 25F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 30%.

Does anyone else think the DEF/ST may be worth a gamble in this frigid battle?

Today's weather in Green Bay:Today: Morning flurries with a chance of snow showers late. High around 25F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 30%. Does anyone else think the DEF/ST may be worth a gamble in this frigid battle?
:goodposting: Driver and Coles should both be benched this week.Fitzgerald, too, but for other reasons not related to this game.

Today's weather in Green Bay:Today: Morning flurries with a chance of snow showers late. High around 25F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 30%. Does anyone else think the DEF/ST may be worth a gamble in this frigid battle?
The weather is nt bad , snow flurries at 30 % .I dont see any reasons not to start Coles .

:goodposting: Driver and Coles should both be benched this week.
Driver did just fine in the snow last week against Seattle. If you normally start him, I wouldn't consider benching him. He has Top 10 potential this week in my opinion. ML Brandow, good work with the research. It reinforces the point I made earlier that both Coles and Cotchery are good plays today. I don't believe there's any reason to be concerned about the Packers' secondary. Pennington's ability to take advantage of it would be my top concern here but the matchup is too good for both Coles and Cotchery to sit if you would normally start them.

:goodposting: Driver and Coles should both be benched this week.
You advise benching passing teams #1 WR's going against middling pass D's, because of morning snow flurries & late showers?That doesn't seem like logical advice to me. :shrug:

H.K. said:
Routilla said:
:goodposting: Driver and Coles should both be benched this week.Fitzgerald, too, but for other reasons not related to this game.
its ALWAYS cold and windy at Giants stadium , so I see no problem with the Jets , and Pennington in particular, performing well against a mediocre secondary. The Jets have slim playoff hopes, and winning this game would be a big part of the playoff picture for them. that, and Mangini is one HECK of a coach.

Big Score said:
You advise benching passing teams #1 WR's going against middling pass D's, because of morning snow flurries & late showers?

That doesn't seem like logical advice to me. :shrug:
You call the Packer D a "middling" pass D? The Pack has the worst passing D in the league allowing 2560 yds and 21TDs. Nobody has allowed more passing yards or TDs all year. Coles is a good start.

Last edited by a moderator:
ML Brandow, good work with the research. It reinforces the point I made earlier that both Coles and Cotchery are good plays today. I don't believe there's any reason to be concerned about the Packers' secondary. Pennington's ability to take advantage of it would be my top concern here but the matchup is too good for both Coles and Cotchery to sit if you would normally start them.
Well, my point was that Cotchery is a better option than Coles. The WR1 stats that were posted were misleading because they were down versus their season averages, but made to look like it was good production.Being that Coles is already a marginal WR1, having his stats deflated against the Packers makes him a risky option.Cotchery on the other hand is a hit or miss WR2 that produces like a WR1 when he does, and my point was that GB's WR2 coverage stats would indicate he's in line for a solid game.Now, they still have a good amount left to play, but... End of the 1st Quarter:Cotchery 4-64-1Coles 2-16-0I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin' ;)

Users who are viewing this thread