What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mr. Robot (1 Viewer)

Maik Jeaunz said:
So Mr Robot is obviously in his head right. This is starting to feel like Fight Club
gotta be. I can't remember anyone else directly interacting with MR. then again, maybe they're all in his head.
I think the strongest indication of this was from the bartender after Elliott ordered the same appletini that MR did. He gave a look of surprise like he hadn't been asked to make one of those in a very long time.

Maik Jeaunz said:
So Mr Robot is obviously in his head right. This is starting to feel like Fight Club
gotta be. I can't remember anyone else directly interacting with MR. then again, maybe they're all in his head.
I think the strongest indication of this was from the bartender after Elliott ordered the same appletini that MR did. He gave a look of surprise like he hadn't been asked to make one of those in a very long time.
yes! now that you mention it, I noticed that too. lots of clues.

but I wonder, is he schizo, multiple personalities, or something else. I wouldn't be surprised that he's the one who started the hack on ECorp (probably because of his dad's illness) and left the note in the file for himself to "leave me here". but if he really doesn't remember any of that, why?

Maik Jeaunz said:
yes! now that you mention it, I noticed that too. lots of clues. but I wonder, is he schizo, multiple personalities, or something else. I wouldn't be surprised that he's the one who started the hack on Evil Corp (probably because of his dad's illness) and left the note in the file for himself to "leave me here". but if he really doesn't remember any of that, why?
yes, if hes Mr Robot I think it is implied HE is the one who started the hack on Evil Corp and is running the show. just like Ed Norton was actually running Project Mayhem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah this show is amazing. I like how hes gonna have to deal with a real thug now. Also, Mr Robot interacted with people last night but I still think hes in his conscience. Nobody interacts with both of them at the same time. Mr Robot just sat in that van and nobody acknowledged him the whole time. They never turned around to look at him when he talked but thats because Eliot wasnt there.

I feel like I'm watching a totally different show than you guys. I loved the first episode but I can't get into this at all now. Tapping out.

Holy ####, this show is ####### amazing. i havent gotten chills like that since Breaking Bad. The music, the slow reveal at the end. Chilling.

A couple of episodes got a little trippy but the last couple have been so good. If AMC or FX were running this EVERYONE would be talking about it and how good it is.

Every week this show raises the bar. This week's was amazing.

The reveal at the end. Damn.

Tyrell getting the script flipped on him by the guy he had pegged as an easy mark. I hope that's what really happened.

The Evil Corp case maybe being reopened. Damn.

The reveal was amazing with the music. I was like oh she's in the trunk, wait a sec, she's not moving, wait a sec, she's not dead is she? ,no she can't be, OMG elliot isn't doing anything, OMG she might be dead, OMG elliot is crying she's gotta be dead, zoom to her, OMG she's ####### dead

Very very good episode. That ending....
The ending's camera work was really thrilling.

My favorite shot of the show actually came earlier in the episode when Mr. Robot talks to Eliot in his stairwell. The shot from down low, looking up at Eliot as he decides he is going to save everyone...I thought he looked like Superman in that moment of clarity.

Dont forget the beginning of the episode when it looked like Elliot and Shayle were having a heart to heart in the restaurant and Elliot says "Ill get you out of this". And all of a sudden they change the camera angle and the two thugs were sitting there the whole time and snatched her? Just amazing stuff. I also liked when Elliot visited Vera in prison and told him he hacked all his assets the look on his face. That Vera guy was a good villain.

I thought the beginning was a dream or something, had to rewind and make sure I saw it correctly..that was amazing too

Dont forget the beginning of the episode when it looked like Elliot and Shayle were having a heart to heart in the restaurant and Elliot says "Ill get you out of this". And all of a sudden they change the camera angle and the two thugs were sitting there the whole time and snatched her? Just amazing stuff. I also liked when Elliot visited Vera in prison and told him he hacked all his assets the look on his face. That Vera guy was a good villain.
WAS??? Oh, I think I get where you're coming from.

Im not speculating anything. I just assume hes long gone now.

Im not speculating anything. I just assume hes long gone now.
Elliot is resourceful.

Watched the first episode and definitely in. Tuned in because I like the lead actor. Remember him in 24, some sitcom with Michael Rappaport and scooping out brains from a skull on The Pacific. He's always played a good creepy guy. Looking forward to seeing more. Great premise.

Watched the first episode and definitely in. Tuned in because I like the lead actor. Remember him in 24, some sitcom with Michael Rappaport and scooping out brains from a skull on The Pacific. He's always played a good creepy guy. Looking forward to seeing more. Great premise.
I only know him as the pharoah in Night At The Museum

Something interesting about the watch discussion from a Reddit poster

This is for my horological fanatics that watch this show. I have reason to believe Sam Esmail is a watch collector after watching the latest episode. Here is my interpretation of the show:

First you have to know about the holy trinity of watch brands: Vacheron Constantin (VC), Patek Philippe (PP), and Audemars Piguet (AP). In the watch world, Vacheron is considered the wise old grandfather, the Patek is the current king, and the AP is the up and coming prince. In an early episode of Mr. Robot, Tyrell is seen wearing an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak, signifying he is the current prince and on the rise to take over. When Tyrell goes to see Scott in the meeting room, he asks if he is wearing a Vacheron Constantin, implying that Scott's time is over, and that he is effectively a "grandfather" in the company. However, Scott replies by saying he is wearing a Patek Philippe, or in other words stating that he is still the king. He then taunts Tyrell by offering his Patek watch, which signifies him teasing Tyrell with the CTO position, to become the next "king" in the game. This infuriates Tyrell.

Obviously this is just my interpretation...

Can't find the second episode on directv ondemand. They have all the rest except for #2. Weird.

Yeah the ending was awesome.

So Mr Robot is either real and I was wrong or its evil side and that was actually Elliot confronting those people. I'm still not sure. Notice how nobody mentions Elliot when they are talking to Mr Robot.

Shayla was so hot. The blond isn't and always had that same pouty face.

Finally, what does fsociety need the Dark Army to do? I mustve missed that.

Users who are viewing this thread